Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is and is not a Flagship?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Captain Larraq said:
I keep an eye on what goes on in the factory. I speak up when bad or unfair calls are made. If a bad call is made here, it will be no different than if I notice a problem any other time.
That's what the PM inbox, Report button and RPJs are for.

~_^

At what point did I say or imply that the Judges were not doing their job with the submission.

Defensive you are.

Again. The matter was brought to my attention because others were concerned. So I created a thread for discussion to take place.

Chill.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Captain Larraq"]
I am 100% relaxed. You did, however, explicitly say that you were going to file a complaint against factory judges. In that respect, true, you didn't imply it. Even I can pretty reasonably tell that the reception to that comment wasn't exactly thrilling. I'm probably not the one who needed to chill. Just wanted you to be aware that it came across pretty boldly, so that no more Jimmies get rustled.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Manamune Ticon"]
Aaaactually, he simply took up the offer that was given. No threats were implied, only the statement that if he felt the that something had gone awry or unfairly, that he would report the issue. To echo Larraq, chill, please.

Also, I will be taking that offer up as well. I've spotted some wonky things getting through the factory in some areas and others getting hit with the Factory Hammer when they shouldn't. I've witnessed it, I've experienced it. Should it become more pronounced as an issue, I'll be doing what was recommended and notifying the proper staffers.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Popo"]
Alright, I'm done. The way he said it came off as sarcastic and the offer was, quote-unquote, to lobby a report against the factory staff. Offense was taken to that. But it wasn't my offense so I have no further reason to continue the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience, carry on gentlemen.

Popo said:
Also, I will be taking that offer up as well. I've spotted some wonky things getting through the factory in some areas and others getting hit with the Factory Hammer when they shouldn't. I've witnessed it, I've experienced it. Should it become more pronounced as an issue, I'll be doing what was recommended and notifying the proper staffers.
Ditto.

Manamune Ticon said:
[member="Popo"]
Alright, I'm done. The way he said it came off as sarcastic and the offer was, quote-unquote, to lobby a report against the factory staff. Offense was taken to that. But it wasn't my offense so I have no further reason to continue the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience, carry on gentlemen.

I've reported... 2 or 3 Factory Judges in the past. With fairly well-received responses.

Also. I am pretty prone to dick vocabulary. Also... I'm enjoying my Vodka today. Don't pay too much attention to me.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I already told you, you need to share that Vodka with me in order for me to agree with anything! :p
(Lemme stop derailing now. Sorry. Please continue, I'm finally leaving!)

Another post that isn't relevant to the topic or helpful in any manner the poster will receive a warning point. As for the issues that you're bringing up Larraq, I haven't once received a message or a report about the topic. I've received a few from Popo because of other matters, but posting an entire thread so you can complain is silly. If you have a serious issue with things bring it up with people that can change it instead of sitting in a corner. I'm always open to hearing people's concerns, I want to keep the factory a place you guys can keep having fun in. But when you're constantly trying to find things wrong with it - it ruins the fun not just for you, but for everyone else.

If you have a sincere concern, my PM box is always open.

Spencer Jacobs said:
Another post that isn't relevant to the topic or helpful in any manner the poster will receive a warning point. As for the issues that you're bringing up Larraq, I haven't once received a message or a report about the topic. I've received a few from Popo because of other matters, but posting an entire thread so you can complain is silly. If you have a serious issue with things bring it up with people that can change it instead of sitting in a corner. I'm always open to hearing people's concerns, I want to keep the factory a place you guys can keep having fun in. But when you're constantly trying to find things wrong with it - it ruins the fun not just for you, but for everyone else.

If you have a sincere concern, my PM box is always open.

>_>

This... uh. I don't know how many times I need to say the same thing. Two other people brought up this ship with me, independently. Personally? I don't care. I think the ship's a dumb idea. It might get nerfed and it might not. I've seen some dumb things go through before. An example? My EMP warhead got denied and the second chance attempt got denied. Yet Circe got the same thing through the Factory a month and a half after my initial submission. And I've not complained once about it. What did I complain about? When I thought someone was getting judged unfairly. When a tech submission was denied for unreasonable justifications and when unreasonable dev-thread requests were being made by a judge.

Neither submission was one of my own. I stepped up to bat for new writers that were getting treated in an unreasonable manner by a new set of judges that were still wet behind the ear.

Spencer Jacobs said:
But when you're constantly trying to find things wrong with it - it ruins the fun not just for you, but for everyone else.
About 90% of the things I want to make have already been made. I poke through the Factory when I'm bored to see what others are coming up with or to keep an eye on the current review process. The Factory has never had the best reputation when it comes to standardization. From the accusations of bias and favoritism from when I first joined this site to the current issue with... different judges not being even close to the same page. I don't go looking for flaws and trouble in the Factory, but I do happen to notice them when they come up.

Spencer Jacobs said:
but posting an entire thread so you can complain is silly. If you have a serious issue with things bring it up with people that can change it instead of sitting in a corner.

This thread is not me complaining. For one... I haven't given enough karks about something to seriously complain since I ragequit and called out Ayden.

And this IS me bringing up an issue with those who can change it. I did it in a manner that allows others to speak up themselves or at least see that someone is speaking up about an issue that concerns them and be reassured that matters will be addressed. Sitting in a corner would have been if I'd have sat down and watched the review process take place the then griped about it after the fact if I disagreed with the end result. Which, honestly, is less effective. Once a submission is approved, no matter how bad it is, the end response from Judges and Admins alike is typically "We will leave it as is. If it is abused at a later date, the matter will be looked into."

Thus the preemptive attempt at communication on the matter.

And honestly, I don't get the hostility and defensiveness coming from some of the Judges in this thread.

You are nerds on the internet volunteering for extra homework.

You are not above reproach.

And I'm not even reproaching you!

Danger Arceneau said:
Here's an idea.

Let the factory judges do their work.

And if that isn't enough.

Let the factory admins do their work.

Nothing I'm doing here is keeping you from doing your -volunteer hobby-. Also, aren't you the one that told an RPJ you'd write your character however you wanted, even after being told by an RPJ to tone it down?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Captain Larraq said:
The Factory has never had the best reputation when it comes to standardization.
With all due respect, if that is what this about that is causing the worry, then you guys are going to find yourselves worrying a lot. The new templates allow for a lot more diversity in ships; new tradeoffs, new speed/maneuverability ratios, new starship classes. All of these new options and features mean that standardization doesn't even exist anymore, aside from classification scaling. That is half of what makes it fun. This is an RP with words, not a video game with factual programming, simulation physics and crunching numbers. :p

Captain Larraq said:
Once a submission is approved, no matter how bad it is, the end response from Judges and Admins alike is typically "We will leave it as is. If it is abused at a later date, the matter will be looked into."
Again, it's about having fun and enjoying the catalyst to your writing.

If it's not a problem, it shouldn't be allotted time better spent elsewhere, such as making sure everyone else's submissions are checked and approved. If it is a problem, people can communicate a short or long term solution with one-another such as how Popo and I did concerning one of my ships. If that doesn't work, report it and the Roleplay Judges will assess the situation. If they don't stop it, call in the Factory Administrator. If -that- doesn't work, you should really find a new hobby because uphill battles aren't working for ya! (that was a joke*)

Spencer Jacobs said:
If you have a serious issue with things bring it up with people that can change it ...
^This x1,000.

sabrina

Manamune Ticon said:
We're just here to have fun, not whip out the yardsticks.
Captain Larraq said:
I like my yardstick, thank you very much.
Anyone caught whipping out their yard stick, will be put on yard stick offenders list.

sorry been dieing to say that all day

Though back to the ship

why did you not use antimatter torpedoes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom