Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private What Did I Tell You Last Time?

Inqusitorious_Div.png

Alina nodded her head a little, glancing to her blade where it'd been dropped. She frowned, but, did reach down. Handed it over. They both knew Alina didn't need a lightsaber to kill, especially now. But- Not having it, that made her vulnerable. A sword as much as a shield. At that thought she hesitated. Lightsabers were the most lethal weapon against a Sangnir. The cauterizing edge could make a wound that should've been an easy heal stay. Leave them helpless.

She let the lightsaber go.

"I trust you, Amani."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani seemed to relax her shoulders a bit as Alina handed over her weapon. The Sangnir didn’t need it to tear someone’s head off, but it was nonetheless a show of good faith. Of trust. Did Amani trust? Not yet. But she was ever the optimist.

“Good.” She tucked the saber away behind her own and gave Alina a strained smile. Then, more sincerely, she added, “No more dark side. No more Sith business. You put all of it behind you. It’s the way you can find that control you need. You understand? We do it right, or not at all.” Amani stood a little taller, spoke a little firmer. “It’s like an addiction, I've been there. It won’t be easy to kick. But I trust that you can do it. I want to, at least.”

Inqusitorious_Div.png

No more darkside, no more Sith business. Alina's gaze narrowed slightly. Curiously, not out of anger or spite. What Amani said following that had caught the Sangnir's attention fully. She cleared her throat, stood herself. Tried to wash away that face of vulnerability before she felt any more helpless. Amani was going to help. Alina trusted that much. ".. You speak like you were Sith, once."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani’s eyebrow quirked up. The realization that this was something that never exactly had a chance to come up before with them. “I… was. Once.” She swallowed. It wasn’t something she liked to think about, but maybe it could serve as a sort of motivating tale.

“When I was a padawan I found myself desperate for ways to fix the many troubles I blamed myself for. Desperate enough that I only saw one path forward: The dark side. It’s certainly a gateway to power, but there’s a cost. I was naive enough to think I could circumvent it, or at least control it. But it’s blinding, corrupting… addicting.” She nodded, an air of dourness weighing on her face, “So, yes, I have a sense of what it’s like. I suppose to some extent, that’s why I want to help see you out of it so badly."

Inqusitorious_Div.png

That.. Wasn't something she expected at all. She blinked in surprise. Shock was all over her face. That she quickly tucked away with a simple nod. It wasn't a secret Amani shared lightly. The Sangnir didn't dwell on it, not if she didn't want to talk. Instead she looked around. Frowned. ".. What happens now?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys

What happens now? Amani blinked. She wasn’t completely sure. In a roundabout sort of way, this was the closest she had actually come to having an ‘apprentice’. It felt unsurprisingly odd that this should be how that mindset about.

“...I guess that depends on you. How soon do you want to begin?”

Inqusitorious_Div.png

".. When can we start? I- .. I don't want to loose control again." The sooner they started, the better. Fur multiple reasons. Alina just frowned and crossed her arms over her chest. No lightsaber, no running away. Now she just felt vulnerable as all hell. "Where do we go? What do we do? I- .. Do you have some kind of plan at least?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"We'll start simple." Amani nodded. As for a plan? Not… exactly. Although she didn't admit that out loud. Amani didn't really plan to suddenly run into Alina and have to help purge her of the Dark side today.

"Do Sith do… meditations? If we can go to a more secluded place, with less distractions, less… The Force. It might be better for you to ease into." She had technically been one before, yes, but most of that time wasn't really spent integrating deeply into the 'culture'. "As for something to lead into… Have you ever been to Spintir?" It had been a place of healing for many others, herself included. Perhaps once Alina had a better control over her abilities, it would be a good place to keep in mind.

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"Yes, but no. Not like Jedi. It's more.. Seething. Channeling your hate." She'd tried a lot as a girl, desperate to show she wasn't some failure of a Tremiru, unable to use the Force. Alina let out a sigh as she looked around where they were. A random rooftop. Too close to Alliance space, still. ".. Spintir. No. But it'd be better than here, I think."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"That- figures, I guess." Amani scratched the nape of her neck. "We're going to try something a little more… traditional." Her gaze followed Alina's to the area around them.

"Okay. Spintir, then. On the way, we'll do some practice of our own." It would be needed, most likely. Throwing her into somewhere like the Caves of Light and Darkness with no preparation whatsoever would likely only make things worse. If they even decided to go there at all. Only time would tell what Alina might be ready for.

"Got a ship?" She asked, still unaware of whatever the Sith had been up to before her arrival.

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"No. Well, yes. But my.. Master. She can track it." Right, Alina hadn't told Amani much of what her life as a Sith. For the best, really. She turned her gaze off, scanning down the alleyways close by. Just making sure no one else was here. Paranoia at it's finest.

"Spintir- Yeah. That works. .. Can't say I've ever been there myself."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Figures," Amani frowned. "Guess we're taking mine then." She proffered a hand as a gesture for her to follow, then hopped out into the street and began walking towards her own ship.

"Spintir is a world that Jedi have used for a long time to rehabilitate those looking to return to the Light. I think it's a good place for you to go. But you'll need some more practice along the way, which is why we'll focus on meditation and centering yourself during the trip."

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"A rehab facility for dark siders. Heh, that's new." Alina flashed a brief, amused smile as if she'd just made a wonderful joke. She'd been in a couple rehab facilities growing up. Distant memories, now. She followed after Amani, subconsciously pulling up a dark hood to cover her pale features. Hiding away her face. ".. Meditation. So.. What am I meditating about? What am I supposed to be thinking about, I mean."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"It helped me." Amani shrugged. Granted, at the time she had already sloughed off the Dark Side entirely. But it was a place of rehabilitation all the same, and had helped others worse off than her

She turned to look at Alina as they walked, seemingly studying her. Meditation. The mirialan hummed, "Well, it's supposed to be a relaxing exercise. Cleansing yourself of intense emotions and centering your thoughts on, well, yourself I guess. Explaining it out of context is a bit of a challenge, but it works once you get the hang of it. I'll help guide you through it once we're off."

Not long after they approached the ship, and Amani dropped the ramp to let them both in. It was rather comfortable on the inside, actually. Clean but well-stocked, and decorated with various plants and greenery to live up the space. The last part being a personal touch of Amani's. All in all, she got the ship at quite the bargain. "Make yourself at home. Guest quarters are just past the galley here, opposite end of my cabin. I'll get us set off here soon. Any questions?"

Inqusitorious_Div.png

Amani's ship.

Alina had kept kinda quiet as she thought on what centering herself on herself would actually be. Cleansing of intense emotion, when those made her who she is. Something to think on, for sure. But on the ship she pushed those aside and just looked around. Make herself at home, huh? She stopped a snort. Amani probably wouldn't appreciate that as much as she seemed to suggest.

".. Blood. I'm going to need blood. The more potent the person is in the Force the more it'll stave off the thirst, but I'm going to need it if I don't want to go crazy."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

That was an abrupt response. Amani peered closely at the Sangnir, watching her sit down at the couch in the main hold, “...Why not?” She asked, a little more sternly.

Alina had completely avoided a direct answer. It would be a fresh source, with a very high midichlorian count. Amani needed to know just what was so bad about her offer.

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"Because you smell good!" Alina huffed in annoyance as she found a spot to sit and just curled up on it. Pulled her knees to her chest, hugged them close. "Drinking blood, it's an addiction. And when you taste a sweeter, purer source, you'll always want more. We're trying to teach me control. That will just.. I don't want to loose control and hurt you."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani pursed her lips, similarly annoyed by the circumstances. After a tense pause between them, she broke it with a sigh,” I appreciate the compliment, but, is there really no way I can…”

Another huff. Best not to push her in that direction now. Alina was right, that she needed to be in control right now more than anything. Amani stepped over and flopped down on the couch in pouty resignation, “...Fine,” She swung an arm lazily behind her in a vague gesture, “If you look in the medbay, there’s a small fridge filled with blood bags.” Bags that were intended for use in emergency medical situations, but it seemed that wouldn’t be the case for these ones. Then again… Technically this was an emergency medical situation? Silver linings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom