Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you fighting for? [Spencer]

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya's bare feet made no sounds as she padded through the corridors of the building on Annaj, hunting for her rival. Whispers of war had reached her ears, preparations were well under way to gather the fleets together, training exercises had intensified among the soldiers and the blood thirsty sith among the Fringe were licking their lips in anticipation.

Save for Anaya.

Oh she enjoyed combat, but she had seen enough of war to last her a lifetime so it brought no fresh excitement for her, even if it was a new enemy. What interested Anaya, was where the call fro war had come from. She had watched @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] grow from a jedi padawan, to the master she was now. a master of balance, or at least that was what she claimed. The thought that Anaya might have won their battle so early on in the game brought shivers of delight to Anaya.

She found Spencer in her office, pouring over galactic maps. For a moment she paused in the open doorway, contemplating her approach to investigate this, before gliding in without daring to knock. She had heard some refer to her as the Lady of the Fringe, but to Anaya, she was still Spencer Jacobs. She closed the office door behind her with a wave of her hand, letting it slam slightly. It was a childish move to say the least, but it brought a smile to Anaya's face nonetheless.

"Is it true?" she said, with a tone filled with mocking shock. Moving towards the desks she rested her hands upon its surface, leaning forward through the hologram, leaving Spencer no choice but to abandon her work and humour Anaya. "Did you call for war?"

There was much to do, the hustle and bustle of the Fringe war machines turned. The girl hadn’t been on Fringe territory for long, having just arrived only a night ago back home. The mask she usually wore rested on the desk, she had commandeered an official office now that she was more involved with the political side of the Faction. Ashin or Karrde as they knew her was off dealing with things that needed to be dealt with leaving Spencer with her thoughts and strategy. The woman was the key strategist and she knew with the Atrisians in the way – there was no expansion for the Fringe.

This left the former First Apprentice rather fidgety and desiring some sort of conquest, she craved it, needed it. Spencer wasn’t going to allow the Fringe to stop moving forward, taking a deep breath she continued to map out skirmishes along with possible moves the Atrisians could take. The slam of her door didn’t break her focus, whoever it was should have a good reason to slam her door – and then the voice came. Spencer frowned and ignored the woman; maybe she would just go away…except the more Spencer pondered that though she knew that @[member="Anaya Fen"] would never just go away. Continuing to ignore her, she moved a small image of a space shuttle across the map and paused as a red head moved through the hologram of space between Phu and Atrisia. Spencer frowned and removed the thin pair of square glasses from her face and placed them under her hand as she leaned on the table.

“You know, ever since I allowed you into my bed again Anaya you’ve gotten rather full of yourself. You have a lot of – whatever it is under those pants of yours.”

Moving away from the desk and the red twi’lek she crossed her arms and looked back at the glitching star map. Pausing, she knew she shouldn’t tell Anaya everything about her plans, but it seems the former Imperial Intelligence knew more than Spencer would originally have liked her to know.

“Yes it’s true. I’ve called for war with the Atrisians; they’ve sat happily in our Space for long enough. It was something inevitable I’ve just grown tired of waiting really. I want to see the Fringe grow and to prosper and we can’t do that with them blocking the way…”

Folding the glasses and finally putting them on the desk, her eyes met once more with Anaya’s as she smirked.

“So what is it I can do for you Ms. Fen?”

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya's smirked. "No sweetheart, I was always this full of myself. You aren't special enough to cause such a reaction in me." Words that would sting, she hoped. Spencer did get a touch attached, and being so dismissive of their physical relations always seemed to bring the worst out in her. Which was exactly what Anaya wanted.

She could feel the hunger in Spencer, the need for conquest and her smirk widened. "My my, haven't we changed. Perhaps letting me into your bed affected you more than it did me Spencer." she ignored the question and continued to push the buttons. "You're tired. You want to see the fringe grow. Fascinating, though I do wish you'd asked for my help. I could have gotten someone inside for you. Too late now though, word has probab;y already leaked out to them. I imagine they'll be making preparations of their own."

She drew back from the hologram and moved round the desk so she was next to Spencer. "The Artrisians are in your way, and your going to wipe them off the map. How cute."

The corner of her lip twitched as she forced a smile, Anaya knew exactly what to say to get under Spencer’s skin. It was possible, somewhere hidden deep within her heart she had a place that only the Twi’lek could touch. Spencer was the type to get attached, she couldn’t separate physical from emotional – to her there was something so similar between the two. Closing her eyes, she did her best to shut out any emotion she could pick up from the dark woman next to her. The empathy was her crutch to blame with her lack of disassociation between sexual encounters.

Pushing those thoughts from her mind as quickly as she could, Spencer focused on the map in front of her as Anaya made her way to the other side of the desk the blonde pulled away slightly. She intended to put some space between them so that she could focus whole heartedly on the map as battles played out and she was able to memorize the moves.

“I have changed, in a way. I’ve always been like this you of all people I thought would have known. Or did you forget who my teacher was?”

Stepping forward, she pushed aside some documents and pretended to read them while she tried to set her thoughts straight.

“I know how much you would have loved that, me crawling to you for help. I do things my own way Anaya – I don’t play the cowardice game of spy. Let them prepare, I’d rather fight them at their strongest.”

Pausing, she looked up at the woman from the corner of her eye.

“It’s far more pleasurable that way.”

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya didn't miss a beat, the forced smile, the attempt to keep distance between them. It amused Anaya to know just how easily she could wind the woman up. "How could I forget that the Empress Desmius took a Jedi for her First Apprentice." she almost spat the word, though there was no anger there, not anymore. Anaya had rid herself of such pettiness on Mustafar when the two had come to heads to fight out their differences. Anaya was given the duty of 'meatshield' as Mikhail had so eloquently put it, while a jedi learnt beneath Ashin. Albeit, she was concealed, but she was a jedi nonetheless.

A sheep, concealed among wolves.

Yet now, finally after so long, Anaya was beginning to truly see the wolf that Ashin had stirred within Spencer. "Pleasurable? Perhaps, if you enjoy the fear when realisation dawns upon an enemy that hope is lost. If you can cope with the despair that rolls from the mothers and lovers of the innocents and the rage of fathers as they take up arms to make a final stand. The stronger they are, the harder they fall and the greater the fall out of emotion." Anaya leant on the desk and folded her arms across her chest.

"What a weapon you have become, Miss Jacobs."

Spencer moved her eyes away from the woman as she continued to poke at places she knew would get to her. Of course she had put into perspective the fact that she would be fighting people who didn’t want to lose, who didn’t want to die, but who wanted to die? Closing her eyes she took in a deep breath and held it for a moment. She remained on the fence about her beliefs and knew that there would come a time where she had to make choices like this. The wellbeing of her people out weighted others, but she knew her consequences.

“They would have an option to a seize fire if they want – but I will take Atrisia. You act as if I’ve never faced death, you talk as if I never had to stand by and watch you and the others slaughter people. Remember Ossus? I was there, I watched and I felt every one that perished on that forsaken planet. I’m not that little girl anymore Anaya.”

It was true; Spencer had felt death more than once. She had felt the heartache of losing Ashin on more than one occasion, the girl even felt the kiss of death waning over her as she lay on the hot ground of Mustafar. Each time, Death knocked and then disappeared leaving another scar upon the girl.

“As much as Ashin tried, she couldn’t fully protect me from everything that was happening around us. I’ve lost Ashin so many times, you nearly killed me on Mustafar, and I’ve felt death more than once. This moment the people of the Fringe mean more to me than the Atrisians. Like I said they’ll have a chance to surrender…”

The comment of her being a weapon lingered on her mind; she remembered her first time with Ashin as they spoke about the reasons for her training. Every skill she had learned made her powerful and if she ever tapped into one side of the force fully – especially the dark side…she would be lethal. Knowing this, Spencer held her breath and spoke quietly under her breath, just loud enough for the Twi’lek.

“I am quite the weapon…but you truly have no idea of what I’m fully capable of…”

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya let out a low chuckle. "Watching death being dealt, staring it in the face and watching it try to claim someone you love is not the same as being responsible for it. You can take a life in defense, but when you send an army to a planet, every life that falls whther your own people or theirs, is on your hands." she said softly. Anaya had been in more battles than Spencer. While she claimed not to be that little girl anymore, Anaya had never been that little girl and for that, she felt a small spike of anger.

Every day of Anaya's life had been a battle of one sort or another. She understood the only way to get through the darkness that welled up from a war, was to become the darkness. Spencer was close, Anaya could almost taste it. She was doing this for her, not for her people. She was doing this, because she didn't want to share her space with anyone else. Innocents would die, because Spencer Jacobs got greedy.

And Anaya loved it.

She smiled rising from the desk to move closer as Spencer commented about her capabilities. "Neither do you." she whispered back. Another chuckle and she looked at the map before them. "I'm going to enjoy watching the darkness consume you Spencer. I expect the body count of innocents will by high once your force hit the ground. You have sith in your number. Sith do not care about collateral damage. I advise you take the same philosophy, it will help you sleep at night." She unfolded her arms and shrugged "but when are you ever going to take advice from me, hmmm? Its not like I've been in the middle of a war before."

Spencer shut off the holomap as she took in what Anaya was saying. The woman had a knack of talking about things she wasn’t asked about. Spencer fought with every fiber of her being to remain strong and to not collapse into a fit of tears like she wanted too. With the shift in power within the Republic and the appointment of the Sith Hater Selena being pointed as the Grand Master, it in a way forced Spencer’s hand. She couldn’t have the Fringe be part of the Axis, she couldn’t allow the weaker factions around them succumb to the Republic. Balance was near a breaking point and Spencer was near that breaking point as well.

“You as well as I know the power shuffle that has happened in the Republic. We know the people that they appointed. I’m part of that Republic as the Queen of Eshan, it doesn’t look good if we’re in this disaster of an Alliance with the Sith. If the Republic things we are aligned with them Anaya they’ll come after us. I can’t allow that to happen.”

Moving she sat upon the desk and looked towards the woman, she knew deep down Anaya would probably be her best ally, but what would guarantee that the woman wouldn’t devour her in an instant to save her own skin? Sighing softly, Spencer took in the words about the darkness, it was only a matter of time before she would break and that scared her.

“I feel it, I feel the dark side lingering. It’s always been there, hiding behind a mask of faith in the light. The more I want to protect people, the more I find myself turning to the darkness, giving everything I have to it – just so I know people are safe. I studied it more when I thought Ashin was dying – I lost faith in the Jedi teachings. I know the power it provides, but I can’t allow it to consume me even with this war I will start. I will not let it consume me. I’m not a Sith…and I never will be.”

Glancing towards Anaya, she smiled softly and laughed a little.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you once again Anaya, but the truth is – I wouldn’t be me if I fell to the dark side nor if I went completely light. Both sides of the force are bias and lose sight of what truly is in front of them. I’ve told you all of this before.”

Reaching out, Spencer patted the woman on the shoulder if she didn’t move. It a twisted sort of way Spencer wondered if she could consider the woman a friend, she seemed to always be there when Spencer needed her mind sorted for some odd reason.

Nisha Decrilla

N
"Ah yes," Anaya snapped her fingers "I forgot you lead a double life." The mockery was there, but there was something else to. Understanding. For a brief moment, Anaya paused in her thoughts. She remember the day Ashin had taken the throne, when Voracitos had begun a duel and the jedi empath at her side had collapsed, overwhelmed by the darkness. In that moment, in her renewed loyalty for Ashin, she had done Spencer a kindness. Now as she watched Spencer carefully, she was beginning to see the cracks in her resolve, and Ashin was no where to be seen. Whatever amusement or mockery that once glittered in Anaya's eyes, was now replaced with something that could be akin to concern.

"Sometimes, I wonder if you fully understand the Sith philosophy, with the way you speak." she shook her head, not recoiling from the contact "You know what I feel, what I hear when I stop and take the time to listen. I feel the darkness, I hear it calling out across the galaxy, hurling insults and threats at the light." Something dark flickered across Anaya's eyes "They thought after the Gualag plague was Chaos, but I can tell you now that the Chaos has barely begun. A darkness is coming that no one is prepared for, and you, Spencer Jacobs, will have no choice but to pick a side."

She moved away from the desk turning her back on Spencer to look out of a window. "You will chose a side, because you want to protect your people. Because you want to protect Ashin. And you know full well, that the light will only get you so far. So you can pretend you're secure on your fence, but the big push is coming and you will topple. Not now, not with this war, but soon Spencer." She looked over her shoulder at Spencer, wondering just how well she was keeping her composure.

"I'm not helping you with this war."

“I won’t fall Anaya, never. I’ve fought too long to just give into it now. I know the Light only takes me so far –its why I’m not a Jedi nor will I ever be. It’s the same with the Sith – I never was a Sith, I could never be one. There’s something different about me I feel it. I tried Anaya I really did when I went under Ashin’s teachings, I knew I should be a Sith, but something kept me from it.”

She thought about her words, what was it exactly that prevented her falling? Was it Ashin’s teachings? Was it the fact that the woman who led the Sith had compassion while she did it? Spencer was never able to put her finger on it, but she learned their way to a point. There was never a complete fall; she turned away from the light because it was necessary to protect her well-being, but would she ever fully turn away from it.

Spencer looked at her hand for a moment as she watched it glow slightly, it wasn’t as bright as it was when she was a Jedi, the teachings of healing was starting to dim with how close she has gotten with the Dark Side. Closing her hand into a fist she met eyes once more with Anaya as the woman looked at her. Anaya seemed to always be searching for ways to force Spencer to show her weakness and take advantage of it. One of the few that could get under her skin, and boy did she get under her skin.

“I didn’t expect your help, but I do expect that you keep yourself away from the conflict. My balance and place in the force is secure Anaya no matter how many times you prod me about it. I’m a Master of Balance and despite everything happening around me I will remain that way. Something big is coming, but the Fringe and I will be ready. Where ever you decide to place yourself in the chaos Anaya Fen I do hope we don’t have to face each other.”

Pausing Spencer smiled softly and shrugged.

“As odd as it sounds I’d hate to have to kill someone who knows me so well.”

Nisha Decrilla

N
To hear Spencer defend herself, her positionon her fence and her loyalty to balance was enough to confirm to Anaya, that she was wavering. She gave a satisfied smile and turned back to the window. "I don't need to push you. Rest assured your conflict will be Anaya free. I'm heading for the unknown regions anyway, plans are so much easier to work out when you haven't got people around you." What Anaya's plans were, would remain a mystery to Spencer, precisely the way she wanted it to be to everyone.

Finally turning away from the window she approached the desk once more. "You can't prepare for something that starts from within." She chuckled lightly, "Your confidence in your ability to kill me is cute, pussycat, but misplaced. You can't kill me, because that would mean killing someone you actually care about. A novelty you are not used to. I, on the other hand, am more than used to it. Bear that in mind when you discover that I am at the forefront of the coming Chaos and try to play hero."

With a wink, Anaya moved towards the door, pausing only when she had wrenched it open to glance back. "I'll see you amidst the dark, pussycat."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom