Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well... I'll dust this off, then, shall I?

Jack Sandrow

Writer, Character, Invasive Species
It's been a little while.

I can't even remember when I left, but I know I've been gone much longer than I've been here. Life happened, to say the least. And I'd like to dip my toes into coming back.

First off, I want to give a blanket apology to the people who held my hand and taught me how to RP. I was a young, know-it-all dumb4$$ and I would like to think that I have since grown up a lot. I didn't know how to be a decent human being, with no intention of learning. Over the past few years, I have been blessed to have made close friends who can tell me when I'm messing up, and how to fix that. I want to say, to those still here and to those who have since left, that I am sorry for not taking a lot of your advice to heart. I made a lot of mistakes here that I have no intention of repeating nor recounting. I am so very grateful for the patience shown to me by those wonderful people, whom I couldn't possibly all name.

Secondly, I want to extend that thank-you to all the lovely people who I RPed with in the past. I don't know who's still here, who's gone off to do other things, but I wanted to say thank-you, and that even if we never RP again, I really enjoyed the time I spent writing stories with you. I want to believe that I've learned a lot these past few years, and if you were wanting to pick something up again, I would be overjoyed to work it through with you.

Third, I want to preface that Jak Sandrow (the character, not the guy behind the keyboard) is not going to be simply brought back in. All that I am making from now on, I will be making fresh. To keep the character contemporary and to have as little grandfathering as possible, I'm going to renew and replenish everything that I will be referencing from here on out. Jack (with a c) is getting a new/updated Character Creation post, and I will be submitting new posts in the Codex to be approved (plant dude species, experiments, equipment, etc). If I can keep things congruent with archived/forgotten/deleted content that I had made ten (10!!) years ago, then so much the better, but I won't be bending over backwards for it.

Nostalgia is a powerful motivator. It feels weird, but... it feels good to be here. And I'm glad to be here. I hope y'all can put up with me.

b79nr8w.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom