Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Welcoming Party

H9JKu8a.jpg

SENATE BUILDING, CORUSCANT
SENATE OFFICES
The moving company had left a pile of Tiresh's furniture outside her office. As was protocol, the door to her personal area was locked, to keep out any uninvited guests. But instead of asking for access so the newly-reinstated senator's things could be kept safe in her room, the moving company had simply left them outside, considering it a job well done, despite it being unfinished.

Alicio understood what had happened the moment he laid eyes on the scene.

It had happened to him, too, after all.

So he got permission from the Assembly's administration to begin moving Tiresh's furniture into her room (with a thorough inspection of the space coming later in the day). With all that had happened to Senator Kobitana, he figured the least he could do was this one, small, quiet good. The chairs were easy enough to lift in, but the table, on the other hand...

Alicio got a nasty sense of deja vu, hands under the lip of the table, trying his hardest to maneuver it past the doorway, with little success. He frowned, caring less about how silly he looked trying to do this in his black senate cape, and more that it wouldn't fit through without someone else to tilt it in.

- Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix -

Lujian-Military-Symbol.png

H9JKu8a.jpg

Senate Building on Coruscant / Senate Offices / Wearing This / Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Tiresh was taking in the moment, moving through the large hallways of the Senate building with a sense of refreshed purpose. No-one had doubted her recent victory regaining the Senatorial seat of Lujo. After all, she was beloved by not only the chief governmental officials, but the population as well. It had been a landslide victory.

Dressed in her elegant senatorial dress and adorned with elaborate jewelry and hairpiece, she moved through the halls with grace and confidence. The first time she had been elected, It had all been so new, and many would have regarded her as a naive young senator with very little experience, including herself. But not anymore; She was now a seasoned politician and activist with an impressive resume under her belt. She smiled and nodded at many familiar faces, stopping occasionally to engage in conversation with different staff members and Senators who happened to be out and about.

As she finally exited a lift and approached her office, she observed some of her things outside. The door was open and it seemed that her desk was currently in the process of being moved inside. She immediately assumed that it was the movers, and thought it strange that there was only one of them.

"Excuse me! Do you need help with that?" She said as she came up to the doorway, peering in. Her eyes widened with delight at seeing her friend, Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , and she immediately flashed him a wide smile,

"Alicio!" She exclaimed, grabbing the other side to quickly offer her assistance as she attempted to lift it up and push, "So sorry! Here, let me help you!" After the two had successfully brought the desk inside, she approached him and quickly stopped herself before embracing him, thinking it better to ask first, "Would it be terribly un-senatorial of me to hug a dear friend?" It was very good to see him, and now he was a Senator! She was beaming.

"Excuse me! Do you need help with that?"

So engrossed was Alicio in trying to devise a way through the doorway, he didn't immediately register who the sudden voice belonged to. From within Tiresh's office, he shrugged, before peeking out to see who was coming. "I wouldn't mind a bit of..."

Oh.

Alicio stared blankly at the newly-reinstated senator, a growing smile replacing the look of consternation that had masked his face before. "Tiresh." There was an unmistakable warmth that leeched into his voice, as he regarded his old friend.

Alicio nodded as Tiresh took the other end of the desk, maneuvering it into the room with a heave. Once it was in an acceptable location, Alicio let the senator from Lujo approach, watching with amusement as she fought against immediately hugging him.

"Maybe," he returned, hesitating for only a moment before stepping forward and wrapping his arms around Tiresh. "But I couldn't care less."

"I'm glad you're back."
It was a gross understatement, but the sun shining in his tone filled in the gaps of what he couldn't say. "I took the liberty to help move your things in. Hope you don't mind." He stepped back, running a nervous hand through his hair.

He could barely believe she was standing before him. Tiresh Kobitana had been gone, lost, for so long.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

She smiled warmly and embraced her old friend. "Me to." She said softly, with a bit of weight felt in the words. It had been a long journey, and a costly one. While she was looking forward to her return to the Senate, there was also a lot she had missed.

"Not at all!" She exclaimed with gratitude, looking around the room at everything that the poor Senator had taken upon himself to move, "I feel awful that you had to move everything on your own. But… Thank you." She quickly turned and procured two brand new glasses from some of the containers nestled beside the desk. "Water?" She offered, quickly turning and filling them up in the provided dispensary. She brought it over and offered one to Alicio, taking a sip from her own as her eyes glanced out over the majestic view out her windows. For some reason she felt a bit awkward. Perhaps it was how suddenly she had been removed from everyone's lives. But she fought through the awkwardness, clearing her throat and turning her gaze back to Alicio,

"I know much has changed. I honestly feel… out of place in the midst of it all." She sighed, taking another sip as her eyes wandered about the room, "I'm sure I'll find my footing soon enough."

"It's no trouble, really," Alicio said quickly, holding up his hands placatively. "That's what friends are for." He flashed a grin, before nodding. "Water sounds great."

He was in pretty good shape, especially as far as senators went, but there was nothing like a move-in to make one feel parched.

He grasped the water with an incline of his head, catching the view as Tiresh did, his eyes more contemplative than admirative. He let the moment hang for a moment more, simply enjoying the company.

"I know much has changed. I honestly feel… out of place in the midst of it all. I'm sure I'll find my footing soon enough."

The Count found a nostalgic smile, after a while. "The last we saw each other, I was a city-planner, barely brave enough to talk to my own cousin. The Senate was a distant dream of mine. And now..." He cultivated an easy chuckle. "You're right. Much has changed."

"But I have every confidence you'll manage. And if you need help, I'm here to provide."

Alicio studied Tiresh, grey eyes warm. "Are you okay? Really? With... everything that's happened." He didn't know the full story. And he wouldn't ask for it, if she didn't want to disclose. But he knew that if he'd been gone for as long as Senator Kobitana had... he'd appreciate an ear.

She looked back towards Alicio as he processed his own journey, one that Tiresh was personally very proud of for his accomplishments. He had a pure heart, and she remembered thinking that they needed more individuals like him in the Senate chamber. She raised her head a bit, recalling a memory of the two of them a while ago as she leaned back against her desk, the glass still held elegantly in her hand. "Remember when I probed your interest in Senate politics?" Her smile widened, "I would never have dreamed of crossing Faith, but I couldn't help but let it slip out a little bit." Her eyes fell back onto Alicio, taking in his senatorial garb with a sparkle in her eyes, "The Alliance is lucky to have you, Alicio. I always knew you would make an exceptional Senator. You have what it takes to bring real and effective change. I'm looking forward to working along side you my friend." She raised her glass, offering a bit of a cheers in regards to his position as well as their own comradely.

She nodded with gratitude as his offer of assistance in navigating the new waters of a much different assembly than the one she had left. "I appreciate it. Auteme as Chancellor…" She shook her head with eyebrow raised, offering a soft chuckle, "I honestly didn't see that coming." She adjusted her feet a bit and set the glass down beside her, "What are the current dynamics in a nutshell if you don't mind me asking? Things have surely shifted dramatically since the Free Alliance Coalition. The Corporatists must be licking their wounds. Have things settled down? So many assassination attempts…" She shook her head with a heavy sigh, remembering how chaotic it had become near the end.

At his inquiry into how she was actually doing, she paused, contemplating how best to answer such a difficult question. Finally she looked him intently in the eyes…

"Honestly? No. I'll never be ok with what happened. It was politics at its worst. It shook the very foundations of our democracy…" She then seemed to wrestle with a wave of emotion as her mind drifted to Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana . She paused, swallowing the grief that pulled at her and cleared her throat, "They killed my father…" She paused again, fighting back the strong emotions once again and recomposing herself, "I will never be able to forgive them for such horrific actions. But…" She sighed again, a bit lighter as a smile crossed her lips in the midst of the pain she felt, "We did it. We unseated the corrupted grip of the Corporatists. We moved into a new era. It cost me more than I ever imagined it would… but I must believe it was worth it. To be apart of a strong and healthy democracy? To root out corruption for the sake of the people? Whether or not anyone ever even knows of my sacrifice, or even accredits me for my efforts, or acknowledge my role in events…" She nodded, a sense of resolution evident in her expression and tone, "It was worth it. It was the path I needed to take."

Alicio defended against her congratulatory cheers with a bashful look, head tilted towards the ground. It meant the world, coming from Tiresh Kobitana, even if he couldn't entirely show it. "You made me think it was possible, you know." He returned the smile. "I was... hesitant. But you and Faith, believing in me? That's why I'm here. And... when you were gone..." The Count's smile twisted into something more distant. "I knew someone had to continue your work. I didn't do nearly as much as you, but... You inspired me to try, Tiresh. So... thank you." He raised his glass, clinking it against her cup, before taking a long drink of refreshing water.

As Tiresh asked for an update on current affairs, Alicio's frown only grew. He stared out the window again, watching the industry below. "Settled? Yes. The Free Alliance Coalition was successful at that. At the very least, I don't fear for my life every day." He shrugged. "Everyone's minds are on the fronts. There's a new Sith Order, rising along our flank. We've devolved into a full-out war with the Empire in all but name... And of course, in all the chaos, the Corporatists still hold considerable power in the Senate." Power enough to deny an investigation into Denon's leadership. But that was a story for later.

The senator divulged some of her inner dialogue. Alicio listened quietly, gifting her his full attention, the microexpressions on his face following her own mood. He thought for a moment, before responding. "Our legacy is not defined by how many remember our name, but by the ripples of our actions through history." A Senator Organa original. "And you have quite the legacy, Tiresh. Despite what happened to you... You saved the Alliance from walking a dark path. Set the groundwork for our Era of Reclamation. That's worth something."

"Could I bother you for some advice?"

Tiresh listened with warm investment as Alicio shared. At his words that suggested that she had inspired him to continue their good work, her eyes filled with tears for a moment. She believed with all her heart in the cause they had all given themselves to, and to see how much she had apparently impacted the young Senator in this path, it brought an overwhelming sense of gratefulness and reassurance within her. She blinked the tears away quickly and simply nodded with a bit of an emotional smile.

As he expounded upon the current state of affairs, her smile withdrew. "Well that's progress." She mused solemnly at his mention of having to not fear for his life. She meditated on his assessment, her eyes drifting to a random spot across the room. Always at war. Such a shame.

When he quoted the legendary Organa, she smiled and nodded in agreement, picking up her glass and taking another sip. "We don't choose the times we live in, only what we choose to do with the times."

Tiresh looked at Alicio as he asked her for advice, "Of coarse! What is it?" She asked, tilting her head inquisitively. She assumed it was probably of a political nature.

Tiresh assumed correctly.

The young Senator took a quick sip of water. Pondered his next words carefully, letting them stew behind eyes of lead.

"You were a leader of the Free Alliance Coalition. Arguably, the leader. You spearheaded a campaign against what was essentially the most powerful ruling interest of the galaxy." There was plenty of reverence in the Alderaanian's tone, as he continued. "You saw what the Alliance could be, and your efforts made it happen."

"There are things I want to do. To make the galaxy a better place, to help GA citizens. But I'm not a leader."
He hid a pause behind another drink of water. "Perhaps that's a poor quality for a senator to have. But I've... always felt much more comfortable taking a background position."

It wasn't that he didn't want to help. But something about leadership made him nervous. As if he didn't trust himself to make those calls.

"So... how did you learn how to be a leader?"

As Alicio listed off many accomplishments that he was attributing to her, it caused her to blush slightly, taking a sip of water as she listened to to him speak. She remembered herself as that young, wide-eyed newcomer to the Senate… unseasoned… unsure of herself in many ways. Many had written her off as an ignorant visionary, unaware of how politics actually work. And in many way, they were right. And maybe that is what had given her the ability to dream… to imagine… to hope.

As he shifted towards introspection, she tilted her head and focused on his eyes, listening intently. Her eyes sparkled as she looked at the man who stood before her, someone that she already believed to be a phenomenal leader, whether he knew it yet or not. Sure, The Senate was a new testing ground, but she was confident in his ability to rise, to grow, to become.

"I made mistakes." She said with a smile and soft knowing chuckle, her eyes looking to catch his as she continued, "And I'd like to believe that I learned from those mistakes. And I remained teachable… many Senators showed me characteristics and insights that were invaluable in my development as a leader… Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce 's wisdom and steady strength... Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo 's perceptiveness and subtlety... Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe 's fierceness and tenacity... And Auteme Auteme 's resilience and fire..." She smiled, humming softly to herself as her mind drifted, "Of coarse, Faith Organa Faith Organa 's grace and purity in motive as well." She took another sip of her drink, pausing for a moment as she processed her next words, "Learn from those around you, but never compromise your convictions. Let your convictions drive you, motivate you, in everything you do. Never lose sight of it. Never..." Suddenly a wave of emotion seemed to hit her as her own words sunk into her heart, causing her eyes to well up with tears. She paused, taking a shaky breath as she held herself against the table carefully with her hand...

"Never forget..." She whispered, nodding as she wiped the tears away and recollected herself once again. Suddenly her words of encouragement for Alicio seemed to be just as much so for herself. She breathed in deeply and let out a long sigh, smiling as she looked back at Alicio, "Anyways... Leadership isn't a certain personality trait or charisma... It isn't a title..." She pointed towards Alicio's heart with a finger, "It's a conviction. Something you carry deep within you. A belief. A vision. A dream. And you believe in it so much that you can't help but share it with others."

Tiresh's eyes then drifted back out the window, taking in once again the majestic skyline, "My father was quiet... humble... soft spoken... awkward in social environments..." She paused, smiling as she meditated upon the man she loved and missed so much, "But he was a phenomenal leader. He changed the Galaxy for the better." She nodded, turning back to Alicio, "Just be yourself, whatever that looks like, and be true to your convictions. You already are a leader, Alicio. The best leaders are those who see their dreams become reality... You could have all the charisma and confidence in the world, but it means nothing if your convictions never produce anything."

There was a point in the conversation that Alicio realized Tiresh was talking as much to herself as she was to him.

It was a quiet realization. He'd been absorbing everything she had to say, the lessons she'd learned, the importance of conviction... but then, a switched flipped in his head. And he realized she had doubts, too. He watched her silently, unobtrusively, as she swiped away tears, and they both took what she said to heart.

"I understand," he finally said. It wasn't just a placative statement, he truly did understand. Anyone could convince a crowd to follow them. But a good leader knows the destination. "Thank you, Tiresh. I'll... try to remember. And... maybe I'll help change things for the better around here, after all."

"I actually met Marovik... before he died."
A shadow passed over the transparisteel of the window. "I got that impression from him. But he was an excellent man."

She nodded at his comment regarding her father, a muted contemplation crossing her face. "Yes. He was." She said softly, taking another sip of her water as she searched for a different direction to take their conversation in. It's not that she disliked it, it was just that... it was getting rather heavy, and she wanted to lighten the mood. Suddenly she brightened and turned her eye back to Alicio,

"What about the rumors I've heard about you being engaged? That's exciting, Alicio! Tell me about her." She crossed her arms in front of her lap as she leaned further back against the desk, the glass still carefully placed in her hand. What kind of woman had the count fallen for, she wondered?

Alicio was used to dwelling in darker moods.

He'd been doing it less and less, as of late, but much of his life was spent pondering what was wrong with the galaxy, living in that space. It didn't make the sting of Marovik's death, in front of his very eyes, easier to bear. But he was used to the pain. He used it to make his reunion with Tiresh all that much sweeter. Speaking of sweet things...

"What about the rumors I've heard about you being engaged? That's exciting, Alicio! Tell me about her."

As soon as the idea was brought up, Alicio's whole countenance shifted. His cold eyes sparked and brightened, his posture relaxed, even at the thought of his fiancé. Before he'd uttered a single word, it was obvious he was smitten.

"Her name's Amani," he said, a bashful smile on his face as he glanced at Tiresh. "She's... How can I even begin? Um... She's a Jedi Knight. We met on Tython, before I became a senator, and before she joined the Jedi Council... I was organizing a refugee camp after the battle there, and she was working as a medic. I decided to go and help after my shift was done, and... Something clicked, between us."

"She's wonderful, Tiresh. So compassionate, and stubborn, and intelligent, and she cares... She's wonderful."

Not one to get completely lost in his own feelings, Alicio sent a knowing smile Tiresh's way. "You're not the only one that's heard rumors, you know~." Without saying any more, the Count arched an eyebrow, smirking, obviously waiting to hear more about the Senator from Lujo's own love life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom