Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Vo'less one [RIAMAH]

Powerful wings brought the man across the lands of his world of Vran'Ti, flying on the back of Kashi his dragon. A powerful creature, and a sign of the Vran'Ti Vo Ni, Nexus Krae. A Sith lord. Not, that anyone actually knew that. There were those in the Corporate Protectorate who were aware, who were few, and there was his apprentice Fireson V'Trechen, and a student Laila. But otherwise, that secret as kept well hidden.

Vran'Ti Ni (Capital)

[In shrak (native language): "Down."] With a low rumble the creature obeyed his command. Even without those huge wings it was larger then almost any Rancor was, just in height. It's length was ever so much greater. As it descended and grew closer, encircling the land below them the people bowed deep and the Vran'Ti Vo Ni landed. His creature tucking its wings and shaking its neck before he descended, leaping off and landing with his robes flowing as he walked amongst his subjects. And nearby an area for ships to land and leave, though, they got rather few of those.

​The upper levels of the city. Slaves, servants, laborers, and defenses. Though with its size, one might assume it was the main part. In truth, it was only a piece, for the true riches lay beneath all this buildings. He watched as some of the Jkri soldiers bowed to him before he waved them to move on.

He began to walk amongst them, he had little to fear here. Even if someone among them were to attempt assassination. For one, he was probably the strongest being on the planet. For two, he had a creature looming behind him that would happily incinerate and destroy almost everything before it could be stopped were the person holding it back to die.

If someone were to land on the planet, and have anywhere they knew they could go, this would be it. There were other cities on this world, most were small. But Vran'ti had incredibly few docking areas for ships. And the capital was one of those very few, especially where anyone, or any outsider, was even remotely expected to be near.

The world in many ways was cut off from the rest of the galaxy. They made deals though, for a fee they could hire the advanced doctors and melee warriors of the lands. Sometimes buy their medical technology in return for some of their own. But as far as actual outsiders being around, most that were here, would be nothing greater then a slave.

The Vran were a very religious people of a rather specific type. They believed the Vo, an organ they had within all of them, was essentially their souls. Outsiders did not have that. And therefor, without a soul, they were little better then animals. Generally they avoided enslaving everyone who arrived, but that was for tactical reasons. To them, it was completely in their right to do so.

But, there was a good thing to their being cut off from the rest of the galaxy. When you had a bounty on your head, almost nobody here would know.

There were a few reasons Ra had to visit this world. Probably the first was that she was a merchant and businesswoman. The second was that bounty that still hung over her head. She had been spending her time quietly living on Kashyyyk and Naboo with her partner and his son. Cabin fever had gotten the best of her though, she needed to spread her wings once again. So the red head found herself on this distant world and wandering around where foreigners were allowed. She most likely stood out like a sore thumb or some red headed step child, but that was something she didn't really care about.

People around her treated her like an outsider and some even blew her off entirely. However, it didn't seem to phase the woman. As she was looking at something, a shiver went up her spine. Setting the item down, she turned around to see a man heading in her general direction. He hadn't noticed her or at least she didn't think he had. There was something about him that gave her that chill. He would either be a very good ally or opponent. Looking behind him, her eyes fell on the form of his dragon. Having hunted a type of dragon before, she wondered how this one had been tamed.

Attempting to go back to what she was doing, she turned around to find the trader staring at the man coming up from behind.

[member="Nexus Krae"]

As he walked, people bowed. Slaves they went to the ground, as they should. Lower class laborers they genuflected and bowed. If there were any Vo Ni around they would bow their heads, as was right of their rank, and those of high enough military rank would do the same. Though you wouldn't find many of those around here. And afterwards, they would rise and get back to work, or at least try to look like they were. He wouldn't blame them for their wanting to pay attention. Vran'Ti Vo Ni was not a democracy, it was essentially a dictatorship of whoever had the most power granted by the heart of Vran'Ti. And to them, that was him.

At some point he noticed someone who did no such thing, who really stood out with red hair and lighter skin then most around here. She saw him and his dragon and did not bow. The man behind her was a bit slow to bow as well even after she turned around to look at him, but upon realization he hadn't he instantly put himself on the ground for a few seconds before rising and returning to her, though not yet actually speaking, especially as Nexus walked closer to them. He knew that his slowness was not something he'd be punished for...but still seeing the Vran'Ti Vo Ni approach him with the dragon behind him was a bit of an intimidating sight.

But when Nexus arrived, and the breath of the Shgurak could be felt, he didn't speak to the worker. He spoke to the woman, normally, people assumed Nexus had no humor. However sometimes he did enjoy doing things just to see how people would react to amuse him. And so he used a common tool in the arsenal of Vo Ni, it was actually one that almost any Vo Ni had learned. Telepathy. He attempted to speak into her mind at first, "Welcome outsider. What is it that brings you here?"

[member="Riamah"]

There was really no way of Ra to know just who was approaching her from behind. That was until others around her started bowing or nodding their heads. Even the merchant she had been doing business with came out his shock and did the same thing. Feeling the breath of the dragon on her neck, she still didn't turn around until his voice came into her mind.

At this, she did turn around and give him a good look from head to toe and back up. Knowing he was an important person, she finally nodded as she cleared her throat. From this brief interaction, it was clear he could use the Force, but that was still an ace up her sleeve. He didn't know she could as well.

As was her nature, she kept her Force signature muted and if he picked up on anything at all, he would be able to tell she at least had the potential to use it. The mask she wore over her ability indicated there wasn't much power or ability there (yet). Of course, this was all a facade and she was of master level in skill. Not of the Force though really. Her strength was in her physical fighting. In reality, she was not that strong with the Force. What she did know however, she was master of.

"Business bring me here, sir."

Without a name to call him, she reverted to being polite. This wasn't all that brought her here, but it was enough for the time for him to know.

[member="Nexus Krae"]

There were few beings more fearful at heart then Nexus once was. It was due only to his former terror of death that he had grown to such a being he was now. It was for this reason that Nexus was so careful in many matters, why he utilized spies so regularly, and why he was now speaking telepathically not this time to the woman before him, but to one of the Jkri that was nearby. I want to know who this woman is. The Jkri glanced towards the two then turned and walked off, going into a sprint after he was out of site so he could head towards the nearest militarized computer system that connected to the rest of the galaxy near the landing bays.

Meanwhile, Nexus continued. The woman didn't refer to him by name, but, how could she know for sure who he was. His face wasn't exactly plastered anywhere with his title. It was simple a known fact among the Vran that he was the Vran'Ti Vo Ni. He couldn't really blame her for this lack of knowledge. Besides, he felt like amusing himself. And while as a Vran he considered outsiders lacking a Vo to be lesser, he knew they had use. What he did have some trouble recognizing though, was her force sensitivity. It was muted after all, and every Day Nexus saw force sensitivity in people, without the use of great strength. The Vo organ was itself force sensitive, but did not grant the person the same power as true force sensitivity.

"Nexus Krae, Vran'ti Vo Ni." He responded, it was a simple introduction, but it included his title. The man was incredibly prideful and while he might not seem to be flaunting his position, due to his calm and seeming lack of show, he most assuredly was, "Might I ask what that is?" his voice was not unfriendly, in fact, he even smiled.

[member="Riamah"]

What little research Ra had been able to on this world, she knew that title and name. While she did not bow and grovel like the natives of this world, she did nod her head in respect. Lifting a hand to hover over her heart as she did this.

He asked what business had brought her here and she held up the item she had been looking at. Using it as an example, her other hand motioned around them at the market.

"I am what you could call an importer and exporter. My business takes me to many different worlds and I look for markets to sell and buy products. This item I just happened to like for myself, but it is an example. If others in the galaxy might also be interested in it, you could use me as a go between. I contact other markets and try to sell these there. All in all, it's not a bad living."

Putting the figure back down, he now her undivided attention. She kept her face professional and did not glance around to see what else was going on.

[member="Nexus Krae"]

Nexus head only tipped to the side slightly as she nodded her head. Not much more could be expected of an outsider. Well, except his apprentice. But, Nexus didn't really consider him having a choice in that matter. She held up the item in her hands and then the market. Explaining her business. Import export. In other-words, she was basically a merchant with a fancier name. At least as far as it mattered to Nexus.

Admittedly, they didn't exactly use them much. Vran'Ti was a pretty isolated planet. And he liked that. But the what they did receive from their BIOMEDS was certainly an advantage when they were bought. And had potential for offering greater resources in the future. He put a hand to his chin thoughtfully.

"Yes, I can see a use in that. Likely wouldn't enjoy it myself however." he commented and looked into the sky. "Why not tell me more, do you do these things en masse? Or more trinkets and the like."he inquired.

Meanwhile, the Jkri he sent off was just now beginning to research who they were looking for, scanning through to find who it was that he was speaking to and what they were. He was in much more of a hurry then Nexus was, mostly because he assumed it was urgent. Nexus more just wanted to know, he was careful, but he was not uniquely suspicious of her. Few people came her for long, but they did come sometimes. It was just always good to know who you are talking too.
[member="Riamah"]

His opinion of what did Ra was spot on. She was essentially a merchant, but one that travelled the galaxy over and back. Normally, merchants stayed close to home and that was the difference between her and them.

"It takes a certain type of mindset to be able to enjoy time away from family and loved ones. As well as finding a person that can accept the time apart."

Even if it wasn't something he felt he could enjoy, the man wanted to know more about what Ra did. He was probably asking not for his own personal use, but to see if what she offered was something this planet would benefit from. If that was the case, then she would certainly do her best to sweet talk him into giving her more business.

"A bit of both. Usually I work with large quantities of goods, but from time to time, I'll take on smaller orders. That depends on what is wanted, needed and where I have to pick it up from."

Giving him an honest answer and not being deceptive was going to be the best bet here. Unknown her to her, this also gave his people the time they needed to dig up information about her.

[member="Nexus Krae"]

As the talk continued the Jkri had begun his research. Finding things like her ship, researching, analyzing. Vran'Ti had a few things they were very good at, medical technology, melee combatants, the force sensitives that they did have, and spies.

Nexus listened as she answered, explaining the relationship problem. He had never had such an issue of course, he was almost always on his planet and if he did ever choose a woman it'd likely be someone that would go with him on the few occasions he did leave the world. She did go to explain how things worked. Smaller orders she said, fair enough. She could be a good potential worker for one of the Vo Ni under him perhaps. Well, worker might not be right. Aid would be closer.

He rubbed his chin as he thought, one of the Vo Ni inside spoke to him through the mind. Because something had just been discovered, a bounty on the womans head. A glimmer of amusement occurred within his mind. A wicked amusement of manipulation. He smiled and nodded to himself, as he was doing this, he alerted the Vo Ni inside to prevent any passage to or from ships and to begin to have people in preparation to create a wide perimeter around his location. Just in case. "Why don't we walk, can discuss business." he said, tipping his head, "You are in the upper levels of the city. This is where the cheap and less valuable things are." he paused as he remembered, turning around and placing a hand on the dragons massive nose whispering something in his own language and watching as the creature walked out of the streets and with one massive wing blast sent itself flying into the air.

He then turned back and began walking, "Have you ever heard of a BIOMED? They are not common for outsiders, but it's some of the most advanced medical technology that exists. Even compared to those Kaminoans and their own genetic manipulation. It's so advanced, that we give an inferior version to outsiders. But something which is still far superior to any medical droid. To help you get an idea, we have so much faith in our medical prowess that the only things we do not permit during practice combat is beheadings and injuries that would kill an opponent in a matter of seconds."

He grinned, "As you can imagine, that is a very profitable sale for the Vo Ni that occasionally permit it. And I imagine it would be for someone like you as well. Naturally, this would also make our reputation grow just a bit. I have no intention of completely opening our world to en masse trade on too high of a scale. There will be no reliance on other planets. But thats why people like you could profit. Don't you think?"

While this was all true, Nexus was mainly spending this time to try and guide her deeper into the city. Somewhere where it would be far harder for her to escape. Not that he truly believed she could. He was much too arrogant for that. But so that he would be able to essentially toss the job of catching her to his Jkri and other forces if it turned out he had no use for her once he finally revealed his intentions.
[member="Riamah"]

She had assumed her bounty was so old that finding it would be difficult at best. So when Nexus started guiding her deeper into the town, she didn't think too much about it. His words made total and complete sense. If he was looking for a business partner, then he would want to show off more of what his world and markets could offer.

He asked if she had heard of BIOMED and she shook her head. Then he continued on to explain what they were and that they were more advanced than some of the others out on the market, she understood better. Already having shared an inferior version, he felt he could offer her one of better quality, but wasn't interested in making it fully open on the general population.

Being the kind of person to make smaller deals, she fell into step with him and listened as he went on.

"I understand perfectly."

When he spoke in another language, Ra immediately wanted to learn more of it. Attempting to imitate his words and accent, she looked at him after speaking.

"What did you just say?"

Without knowing the language, he could tell her anything and she would believe him within reason. It was probably some simple command for the dragon to return home or something.

[member="Nexus Krae"]

As they got closer into the city, Nexus knew that they had begun sealing down anyone ready to leave. His thoughts were pulled away as [member="Riamah"] asked him what he said to his dragon. He simply smiled in return, repeating what he said and answering with a version of what he said with a few things missing and one added, mainly that the dragon would remain nearby listening for his telepathic command should it be called for, "I told him to head back and find something to eat. Shgurak's require considerable amounts of food. I imagine that is part of why there are no hunters attempting to claim them as captured pets like they do Rancor's. That and we'd probably have them killed, if they survived the dragon in the first place."

After another few moments he decided that was enough talking, by now they better have sufficiently had the perimeter properly created. He let out a little chuckle, a smile emerging on his face, "Truth be told there is another reason I have chosen to...encourage this conversation. You see, I have discovered something. A bounty on your head. Oh and please don't run. That'd be a disappointment to us both. To you because I've already had a perimeter made, and had your ship blocked off. And even if you could get past, Kashi could probably tear it apart first if I so told him to."

He folded his hands behind his back, the wicked smile and eyes glancing at her, "Now, what more purpose can you serve then to be turned in? What can you offer me or Vran'Ti that is worth more then your bounty and the trouble it could bring?"

[member="Riamah"]

If a person was going to learn a language, the best way to do it was immerse themselves for a time with the people. That really wasn't an option for Ra, but if she was going to do more business with these people, then it could become one. Listening to the answer provided, Ra nodded. In a way, perhaps she was too trusting these days. If they had met a few years ago, there was no way she would have fallen for the trap so easily.

What he said next brought her to a stop and her eyes narrowed. He had her trapped, but she didn't know why. She had been quiet, silent and not involved herself with anything for a couple of years now. There was a reason for that and it soon became clear, he had learned of her old bounty. The one that had been placed on her head for reasons she wasn't even aware of. When more than one hunter comes after your head, it brings about the question of why and that had never been answered.

Now she was in a pickle if there had ever been one. Though it was clear, he wanted her to be kept alive.

"I've already laid my cards out on the table. You know what I can offer. Everything has been taken from me time and again. I am not a powerful person anymore, just your run of the mill merchant."

Something she didn't say was that she had powerful friends.

[member="Nexus Krae"]

Nexus heard her response. He knew of no powerful friends, his spies had not investigated this. He didn't really believe there was reason to she seemed far too small for most powerful people to matter. He let out a groan in thought, looking up into the sky, "Yes your cooperation may be worth a little. However, the price on your head is fairly considerable." his eyes glanced at her, "And unfortunately, valuable though merchants are, I could buy more then you with it."

He smiled though, sighing and tapping his fingers against his robe, plans, ideas, running through his mind. He held no loyalty to obeying bounties. And besides, there was no rule on the bounty about what would happen after they were turned in, nor before, that he as told at least "But, I'm a thoughtful man, while I'm sure much could be done with the reward I have no reason to be a complete disturbance to your existence. So why don't we make a sort of...deal."

"I turn you in, only you are in fact a prisoner of Vran'ti. Perhaps you care perhaps not but Vran'ti has slaves. Do not mis-understand, I do not enslave random individuals. But criminals committing of life threatening qualities to innocents, they shall. Prisoners who work essentially. I shall have them find one, and, you shall be scanned." He held open his hand, "BIOMED's can do much more then just heal. But those are not qualities we offer to outsiders. It will conduct a complete biological scan of your physiology. Then we shall change that prisoner into you, the same in every physical way. Erasing their memories, or most of them, and replacing them with enough of your own to appear to be you."

A grin grew across his face, not an energetic grin, more just an appealing grin. He was amused somewhat with his own idea, "You remain un-captured, a prisoner simply continues a sentence, and business may continue as usual. But with considerable discretion. Tell me, what do you think of this?"

[member="Riamah"]

This wasn't the first bounty on her head, but hopefully, it would be the last. She listened to the words of Nexus and lifted an eyebrow as he spoke. His suggestion was something close to what she had done once already. A droid had been replicated to look like her and then an outer shell had been put on it. The ordeal had been recorded and sent to the man that had placed the bounty on her in the first place.

He had accepted the evidence sent to him in the video and the bounty had been cleared away. Now due to her minor involvement with a group of Sith, this one had been placed on her head. It was very long ago and something she had almost forgotten about. Then something like this happens and it comes flooding back.

"What would be the cost to me for this...treatment and deal?"

The bounty was a large one and a few had already attempted to claim it. All of them had failed and she was still free. Faced now with another opportunity to finally clear her name from the Bounty List, she needed to know what the price would be to her.

Krae Krae

Nexus heard her response. A simple and short one. But with a much longer answer. He tapped his fingers, "A number of things. For one, absolute secrecy on what the true potential of these devices can be used for. Naturally, that'd jeopardize you as well. They are only advertised as the perfect medical equipment. As we do not actually give the extra functions of their changes and copying and such to those we sell, or even most as there's no need. And of course, about the true potential of us. We do not explore the galaxy much by force, no reason to. We have obtained superior physiology to most species and far better medical equipment. And if we leave, there is little chance the Vo can be preserved. But what I do not want, nor do most here, is outsiders trying to take our Shguraks and causing a general hassle of having to kill or capture them. Second, the reward itself. Naturally, since we could probably take that by force I imagine. Third, information. Periodically informing us more of the outside galaxy, business deals, important people, while I have my own...methods. I enjoy having alternatives. And finally simply doing as discussed, trade with us, well, at least with one of my Vo Ni. I find this all to be of relative ease for you I imagine."

After his explanation, he held up a warning finger, "Of course, if you betray us. I'll ensure there's no ease of escaping your new bounty. The BIOMED's may change the body, even the species, but a persons connection to the force is unique, no matter how powerful they really are. And I will ensure I remember yours."

Riamah Riamah

Her glowing yellow eyes met his and she listened intently to his answer. Everything seemed fair and there was very little cost to her personally. She would not remain a captive on this world and that was the important thing.

"I will not reveal anything of what your medicine can do. You have my word, I'll keep up my end of the bargain. As for the Force connection, even that can be hidden. There won't be a need to do that though."

He had only picked up on the fact she could use it, not what she was or had been previously. Ra was also a former spymaster, getting information would be easy for her. This man did not need to know what methods she used but only that it reached him when he asked for it.

"I have no interest in capturing any of your beasts, but I do understand your concern. Nobody will learn of them from me."

Krae Krae

Nexus smiled as she answered him. That was good, he breathed in his eyes glancing away, speaking through telepethy and calling in a soldier as well as giving out a few other orders such as lightening up the guard. Momentarily she'd hear three steps running their way, "Then it has been decided, I shall have a slave be brought in. We shall have to have you scanned, have the slave changed, and then have you see if its sufficient from where they cannot see you. We get a reward and you engage with us in trade and information. And you lose the bounty on your head."

He paused cocking his head, "I don't suppose you're...particularly fond of your current form? Most tend to be I know, but as a Ven that was always a foreign feeling to be limited to one. I only use the same because it's easier for others to recognize me. If you so desire, once we have changed the slave to appear to be you. We could change you, but only this once, were you to prefer a different species for instance. I imagine that'd help you avoid getting in trouble with those who already have bounties on you. But, naturally, that's only an option. And I wouldn't be surprised if you refuse."

He smiled as the soldiers came up to him, gesturing to the woman, "This woman is to not leave yet, but ensure the others know that they are not to harm her unless necessary and she shall be well taken care of should she stay, and on future visits traders are encouraged to work with her." They bowed and two of them rushed off to carry out the messege.

He returned to the woman to await her response on the summary and extra question. Riamah Riamah

The approach of the steps did not overly concern Ra since there was a plan and purpose for them. When he mentioned a slave would be taking her spot, she didn't actually like the sound of that. However, the agreement had already been made and she wasn't going to back down now. Then he offered her a change in how she looked, but also commented most people liked how they looked. She was one of them and she shook her head.

"For now, I am happy with what I am. I'm going to live thousands of years and I don't think that is something you can offer. Almost immortality."

Unless she died in battle or some sort of accident. Even then there were ways to prevent death totally and she knew how to do that. There were various methods and all of them were Dark, but that knowledge was still in her mind. She had the feeling that when it was her time, she would just accept it and not try to live on beyond that. Now it was not her time and this man had her future in his hands.

"If for whatever reason, I change my mind, may I still take you up on that offer?"

This could be a one time offer and in declining it today it wouldn't be there for her later. Hoping that wasn't the case, she decided to voice the question just so she could know the answer. With their proposed and agreed upon deal, she silently wondered if a room or a place to stay would be given to her here.

Krae Krae

She claimed she'd live thousands of years. He had to chuckle slightly, "At this rate, are you so sure?" he asked, mainly referring to the bounty and situation she could have been in. Still it was a curious statement. She looked human, so she was definitely hiding something more. However it mattered little to Nexus what species she was. A deal had been made.

Then she asked about what would happen if she changed her mind. He let out a hum and put a hand to his chin in thought. There were...potential problems with permitting it. Main problem was if she came to his planet, was allowed to use it, and it turned out the reason was she was running. But, the likelihood someone was certain it would be what happened wasn't too high. And, if he were truthful, her changing of form would be beneficial for him as it would help reduce the chances anyone could accuse him of having faked the bounty.

"Very well, yes I believe that is acceptable. You may have to specifically ask to speak to me or say it's on my authority however, and then they will check with me about it. And of course, hope that I'm still the one in power when the time comes. We are not completely isolationist. But I won't claim I'll live several millenia from now. I may, it depends on if there's someone out there who will find and kill me. But if I am dead or dethroned, you may not get another chance." He explained.

Riamah Riamah

His humor was apparent and Ra appreciated that.

"That is never a guarantee. Thousands of years, but can be killed. Life often ends long before old age."

If they needed to draw blood or anything else from her, they would notice she wasn't what she appeared to be. Through the use of the Force, she used an illusion to look human. This made people accepting her easier. Her race was Zorren and they could produce children with humans. Those children would not grow the tail she hid but would have the glowing yellow eyes, pointed ears, and canine teeth as well as sharp nails.

He answered her question and she nodded. Knowing she would need to speak with him or just mention it was on his authority, she understood.

"I'm still quite young, so the long age hasn't affected me yet. We can both hope, I won't ever need to change how I look in the future. Just knowing this option is there, allows me to breathe a bit easier. Thank you."

On the chance he was already dead, Ra knew she probably wouldn't be able to use this trick. Hoping there wasn't another bounty or situation like this for her in the future, she expected this would work out for both of them.

Krae Krae

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom