Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Welcome to the Jungle

The ship, the Vagrant Sunrise was already moving through hyperspace. Jared Starchaser had taken the ship, after dropping off his E-Wing at that Dawn Chaser who was making one of her scheduled stops in the Outer Rim near Sorgan. From there they gave Valery a lift to wherever to leave her X-Wing, and the pair were taking off for another part of the Unknown Regions. The holocron had given a small signal that reacted to one of the half dozen compasses in Jared’s navigation room.

He knew the first jump wasn’t going to get them exactly where, but the sense of where their destination was gave him the thought to jump the ship. Instinctive Astrogation, and all. The thought was that it’d be at least a day or so of travel to see just about a chance to unlock more of the holocron. As he stepped into the converted conference room. The table was removed, or at least rebuilt to lower into the floor for this area to become a sparring and meditation chamber. The shelves on the side were filled with trinkets, lightsaber and blaster parts, exploration gear, and definitely items that resonated in the Force.

The ship was a bit of a mess, he kept it orderly but it was clear it was only really him living aboard. He himself had his lightsaber stored away, along with a few other items. The Mirialan was wearing a black pair of loose fitting pants and a sleeveless tunic.

“I’ve got us jumping out to deep space, Unknown Regions. I estimate somewhere between Ahch-To and Exegol, so its going to be a crapshoot who turns up.”
And was that holocron purple? Or was that just him.

“Any luck on opening it?”

Valery Noble Valery Noble

The Vagrant Sunrise
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapons: Lightsaber
Tag: Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser

After dropping off her X-wing, Valery had gotten herself some new bacta patches and clean bandages, as well as a new tunic. She no longer felt weakened by the loss of blood during their mission to retrieve the Holocron either, so she boarded the Vagrant Sunrise with a lot more energy.

Though, that wasn't just because she had recovered from her injury either.

Seeing a ship like this - one that reminded her of the Old Republic - brought a smile to her face. In addition, she had met someone new but with a familiar presence. A pleasant stranger connected to a man who she'd forever be thankful for. She was already looking forward to this little mission to unravel the mysteries of the Holocron.

"It's going to take some time, but I'm getting there." She looked over her shoulder, noted his change of appearance, and offered the Mirialan a smile, "I love the ship, by the way. Its design feels very familiar to me, and it's cozy." She didn't mind that it wasn't as organized as others - it made it feel more like a home to her.

"I figured this could end up being a longer trip, so I packed enough. Where would you like me to drop off my stuff?"

Having a guest was not uncommon. Jared already had an earful from the pilot droid L3-39 about a stranger aboard. The droid served as a pilot and a bit of a general maintenance and upkeep droid for this ship. Also someone to come rescue him should the worst happen. A small avenger protocol would activate causing the droid to actually use weapons.

If it even activated that sub routine.

Hopper on the other hand, his faithful BD unit was more than happy for a guest and stayed close to Jared's heel. Faithful companion.

While the ship was lived in, it wasn't exactly a bachelor pad. Most of the mess was spare parts and datacrons or datapads. Like a certain heroic YT-1300 than a core world university dorm room. "Dad found the designs in an old archive. I'd been looking to replace my ship. Didn't need a cargo hauler, but something to serve as an explorer with a bit of a punch." He indicated the ship. From the outside the navy and orange vessel was all the same as the one she'd remember.

"I sat up a spare cot in bunks room. Should satisfy as just the room for you." He nodded down the hall. "Also have you ever even seen a holocron this color?"

The Vagrant Sunrise
div-orange.png

"We used to fly around in these things all the time," Valery said with a content little smile. Some things within the interior were likely different, or perhaps upgraded, and she was definitely a little more neat with how she organized everything. But... this was the Defender she knew so well, alright.

It had been a trustworthy ship, though not her favorite. That place in her heart was reserved for her Liberator-class fighter.

"It's great to see one again, and I hope she flies well?" Valery smiled and seemed eager to actually go into the cockpit, or just see more of the ship in general. Their trip was going to take a little while, so they'd have the time to look around, right? Either way, she seemed even more excited about all of this now.

"That sounds good to me. Thank you," Valery said with a dip of her head, before she looked at the Holocron again. "I can't say that I have. At least it's not red, hm?" she flashed a smirk.

"It was likely built by someone not connected to the Jedi or Sith."

He knew a bit of the history of this design. Something similar to the T-6 shuttle but more designed for the Jedi on the go. He liked it because of its lines and the toughness of the ship. T-6 was more his speed in weaponry and speed, but the jobs Jared took at times? Put him in hostile space that he needed something like this. "Would be nice to see them in production again. Classic design, if you ask me."

He was Corellian, he was used to the CEC ships. He did have access to the 2400 his sister used to use as her primary, but this was better. Not a cargo hauler, more a transport. Tended to not find pirates hunting this thing.

"More agile than they look, even with the powerful engines. The Sunrise can bank and maneuver like the YT series, maybe even better. Just don't tell my dad that!" He laughed. But really, as a Starchaser, trying out ships was part and parcel to the whole deal.

"Yeah, Red, we'd be having all the Sith chasing us down. Not that they'd catch me, but…" He let it trail off with a shrug. "I can't get a sense of who it is though…" Perusing the shelves of trinkets he had, he was trying to sense the feelings behind them. "None seem to resonate the same… can eliminate some worlds."

The Vagrant Sunrise
div-orange.png

Valery chuckled, "We do work with a company that specifically makes tech for the Jedi. Who knows, maybe they'd be up for bringing it back. They did an upgrade on a ship from the High Republic too." It was a huge investment to start up a project like this, so nothing was guaranteed. But Valery certainly would love to see more of them out and about — they could easily function as standard Jedi craft for missions too.

Maybe order a few just for the Temple.

"I won't tell him," Valery said with a chuckle. "Though, it'd actually be nice to meet him again. I never really saw him again after he helped me all those years ago." It was a shame, really, but she had a very busy life, and she assumed Coren had as well. At least, she got to hang out with his son now, and she was taking a liking to him.

"Nothing about it feels familiar to me either, but... I should be able to access it. I've gotten into more complicated vaults that require the Force before. Maybe we can try to connect to it together and find a way in?"

Of course she did. Fancy New Jedi Order and their core worlds. He knew that the Alliance when his father was a player in it, but then again SoroSuub was a big name. And that was what built half of the Sullust Alliance. “I know it takes a bit to build the ships, but with the right staff, converting an old design and modernizing it? Gives it that retro-modern feel!” Excitable. Or maybe it was awkwardness, Jared was a Fringer, he didn’t always have someone to talk to.

That wasn’t a droid.

“What High Republic ship?”

He then realized he hadn’t really given her a chance to settle in. “Get yourself settled in and then yeah. I am willing. Sith always work on two, Jedi and their padawans…” Jared offered a shrug as he put down another book he had thumbed through, this one on Fallanassi.

The Vagrant Sunrise
div-orange.png

Valery's eyes widened just a little at his excitement, and so did her smile, to the point white teeth began to show. It was cute to see him like this, and if there was one piece of technology she could nerd out over a little, it'd be ships, "It's the Jedi Vector," Valery explained. "Not my personal favorite, but some Jedi love it. Especially its ability to disable, rather than destroy." Neutralizing threats without taking lives was something all Jedi hoped to be able to do.

Jared then offered her a chance to get settled in, and Valery dipped her head, "I'll be right back." She grinned, then turned around to head for her temporary room. She didn't really need much time, so she just dropped off her stuff, and returned to him right after to work on the holocron.

Opening it was going to be a lot easier together.

"Alright, sit down with me and follow my guidance." Valery gently lowered herself and placed the holocron between them on the ground. Her eyes closed, her mind drifted off, and she began to focus.

A perk and problem of being a Starchaser. No matter how hard he tried, starships were still a big part of his life. Jared had been living aboard one for so many of his younger years. And his family had made a living off of repair and upgrading starships. He couldn't help but still have that in his mind.

Probably also part of his adrenaline junkie side was racing them and making them go that much faster.

"I've heard of the Vector. I'd prefer an Eta or the Aethersprite I think. But all were so fast and nimble. I think having the new set up of X and E Wings are a bit more… life saving?"

He wanted to let her feel at home. While the ship was his, and a mess, he did try to clean up most of the cabin she was going to utilize. No need to have it being all full of parts. Her quick return was not unexpected as she didn't seem to have much in the way of cargo and really a need to not focus on the mission.

As she sat down, Jared got into a criss cross position on the floor. The Force summoning a few items. Other Kyber crystals, candles, other stones, blue coral… different foci from different groups.

"I'm ready."

The Vagrant Sunrise
div-orange.png

Valery nodded in agreement, "Modern designs are a little better, or perhaps I just prefer them. I used to love my old liberator-class starfighter, but now I'm very much an X-wing gal." She chuckled and left to drop her stuff off a moment later. It didn't take long for her to return, and once they were seated with the Holocron placed in between them, Valery got to work. The first step was always a clear mind, so with her eyes closed, she emptied it of thoughts, emotions, and memories.

It was just her, Jared, and this Holocron now.

"Alright, follow my guidance." She spoke with a soft tone, as she opened her mind and allowed herself to connect with not just the artifact, but Jared as well. By allowing him a way inside, she couldn't suppress her memories or thoughts from him, but she trusted Jared enough not to dig for what he wasn't meant to see.

In turn, she would only listen to what he wished her to hear.

"Together, we can find a way inside, but it starts with a bridge between us. We have to be synchronized," Valery continued, as she exposed the deeper parts of her mind to him.

There was a thing for both designs, modern and classic. Jared was a fan of a more retro approach. Perhaps that was a worm he could put in his father’s ear. A retro-inspired fighter or ship. His Defender was a pretty faithful rebuild, same with his dad’s YT-2000. And there was really no problem with that. But for a fighter? A little bomb-around craft? A retro design would look good.

Or he could just go brand new like his sister in her Seeker.

He found his center, a thing that was all the more trying with the various groups of the Force he pulled teachings from. But the Blue Coral, and that rare blue ichor provided an anchor for his deeper thoughts. He was floating and any of his surface thoughts would be seen by Valery, whether he cared for that or not.

He didn’t study the Force like his father, a Jedi Master. Jared was merely a user of the Force, it was a tool. Jared’s eyes were closed but his third eye was watching her, and following the path she laid out. In the Force, he was chasing it, finding the link between him, and her, and the holocron.

Sorgan. Devilsquid. Combat. The Force.

The Vagrant Sunrise
div-orange.png

Well, that was interesting.

Valery's left eye opened for just a moment to regard him. Then, after a chuckle, she closed it again and did her best to focus on the holocron. On the path they needed to take to access what it contained. As all Holocrons, the mechanics were complex, and not meant to be opened but by those who were meant to look inside.

But Valery had more than enough experience to find her way inside. Jared followed suit, and once she progressed beyond the initial barriers, the Holocron opened both physically and through the Force.

Its secrets were revealed.

"We have a location, but..." She paused and opened her eyes to look at him. "The squid thing worries me. I guess we're bringing underwater gear?"

A bit of heat hit his face. It was hard to deny what he was. Jared had spent ample time around the galaxy on solo missions. But here, he was going to need help. With the Raskava, he knew they were going to out power him. Even the Selabites had an issue with them.

And whoever they got this holocron from?

Jared couldn't even comprehend.

He saw the connection between him and Valery. The world where they found the holocron. And its power. Its signature.

"Is it underwater? The squid was on the masks…" Jared was still partially in the trance. He could handle water. His skills as a witch initiate were based from a witch clan along the water.

The big challenge. Who created the holocron.

The Vagrant Sunrise
div-orange.png

"It might not be..." Valery said, and just a little red crept up her own cheeks. She had definitely taken the squid too literally, so what he said made a lot more sense to her. But it didn't really answer the question of who had built it. But, as they delved deeper into the Holocron and its ancient mysteries, images began to flash through her minds.

A location — a jungle.

Valery frowned and tried to dig deeper, but the images began to blur as she did. The Holocron resisted, and Valery decided not to push too far, for fear of it shutting them out completely.

"The planet, do you recognize it?" Valery asked, uncertain herself. For all she knew, it could be uninhabited and only show up on very extensive maps. Too much was unknown.

"Maybe the Force can guide us there somehow?" She was no expert at navigating through space with the Force, but with this connection she built to Jared, she could tell that he was.

Squid and devil squid were an interesting visage. The Holocron Eaters were using it to scare others. Jared and Valery had seen them and it was definitely a curious foe. As for where they originated? He had no idea.

Deeper into the holocron. Deeper

Dark woods. Light through a canopy.

"I don't. But… I think I can find it?" He took a moment. Focusing on it. He nodded. She could tell he was confident about it. It wasn't something he was concerned with.

All if she trusted him.

The Vagrant Sunrise
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring

She had suspected right.

Valery knew of anilities that could help a Force sensitive person navigate across the stars. She hadn't ever learned it herself, but if there was someone who could do it, she figured it'd be him. He was from a family powerful in the Force, and traveling through the Galaxy was his life.

She had guessed right, and took that confirmation as a last step before she pulled her mind free from the Holocron. Valery's eyes opened, and her body shifted, as she leaned back onto her elbows. A few heavier breaths followed, and long strays of hair stuck to her face, but she looked satisfied.

"I trust you," she began. He had proven as much when they formed the meld. "We can head back for the cockpit when you're ready and I'll let you navigate."

Last edited:
Wanting to find this holocron’s location was what he was here for. Having a Jedi Master with him? It made it even easier. It was different to work with a Jedi again, and one that knew his father. But was as far from his father in his mind as one could get. Made for a good travel companion.

If no one was reading his mind.

Coming out of the trance was a very rough feeling. It seemed that it hit Valery the same way. Controlling breathing and not looking disheveled was a challenge, depending on the meditation. A smile as he saw she was not as relaxed with it too.

“When you’re ready. Do you need any supplies before we make that jump?”

The Vagrant Sunrise
div-orange.png
Outfit: Jungle outfit | Wedding Ring

"I'm alright, thanks," Valery said with a knowing smirk, as she looked at him after breaking free from the meditative trance. She then got back up to her feet, straightened out her tunic a little, and gave the question some more thought. "Well, maybe a glass of water wouldn't hurt before we arrive." Her lips felt a little dry, and it was a good idea to hydrate properly before going into a jungle of some kind.

She had no idea how hot and humid it would be, but generally, they left people sweating.

"I'm also going to get changed real quickly. Maybe you could see if you're already able to find our way?" She smiled, and whether or not he was ready to give it a shot, Valery retreated into her room. Not much later, she'd make her way back to the cockpit with her jungle outfit on.

"Okay, now I'm ready."

Everyone needed a little pick me up once in a while. And with the Force, when working towards the power that weren't your natural bend? It was draining. His own skills were more about resisting the Force, hiding and cloaking himself, and navigating. The son of a sentinel, trained to be a sniper by a paramilitary survival family unit, and a hyperspace trailblazing family tradition.

Jared could defend and navigate on his own. He was able to blend in and vanish from plain view. The rest of a Jedi skillset seemed harder to reach to him.

To be a Jedi meant to focus for years and there were a few things he could do but he was learning what was easier, witchcraft, the Jensaarai. A trance and connection to someone like Valery? It provided an intimidation to him and a fractured focus on the task at hand.

He nodded towards the kitchen area. His eye lingering as she turned . "I'll get us there." He said, his fathers confidence on his face. Without a chance to get out of the pilots seat he turned, coughing on his water. Not used to others on his ship? "More ready than I am… should be arriving in…" he forced himself to turn away to the controls. "Few hours? I'll get prepped."

Jared made his way to change, light fabrics on his pants and sleeveless vest, a careful imbuement on each to give it some protection. His belt had the standard tools, grappling hooks, batteries, stun packs. In a satchel, a few items from his witch teacher, and a few other heavier pieces of equipment. His hip had his lightsaber and blaster.

"Now I am too."

The Vagrant Sunrise
div-orange.png
Outfit: Jungle outfit | Wedding Ring

"You look good," Valery said with a friendly smile, though also a playful twinkle to her eyes. She knew the little meld to look into the Holocron had been somewhat distracting, so she had a feeling her teasing comments would have a similar effect. Valery then lowered herself into one of the chairs and idly began to spin just a few degrees left, before spinning back.

Just going back-and-forth.

"I know you're not the type to sit still, but been in a lot of jungles before?" Most people tended to avoid going into them, so maybe he had as well. "I grew up in one, so it should at least be familiar territory to me." If she could guide someone through the Jungles on New Cov, then this was going to be easy.

A lot more fun, too, with a Starchaser by her side.

"If we have some hours to kill, I might go for some meditation in my room," Valery said with a smirk. "Unless there is more for us to discuss or just talk about, of course."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom