Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the jungle we've got fun and games: Mandalorian Dominion of Yavin

Mira took a moment to compose herself – steeling her nerves as she stared out into the jungle and beyond.

‘You were born here, you ran in these jungles with Aton – nothing has changed…just they’re not here.’ She took a deep breath and stepped away from the compression tube of the vessel and further out onto the platform. Her gaze would divert to the sky as the vessels would begin to arrive from the Dantooine evacuation.

A bit of relief would hit her, knowing that this wasn’t something she’d have to do essentially alone.

Cautious steps would echo across the pad, soon overcome by the roar of engines as she searched for her cousin - [member="Alec Rekali"] but was soon interrupted by a noise she hadn’t expected to hear.

“MIRA!”

It was something that made her heart ache, and instantly caused tears to swell into her eyes as she turned to the voice that cried out to her. A Stealth-X fighter had landed on the platform and before it had finished powering down, a woman was already jumping from it, throwing her flight helmet to the side…

The sound of Aaralyn’s croaked voice echoed across the platform as Mira turned to face the form of her mother. All she could do was break down and cry as she ran towards Aaralyn – opening her arms for the inevitable embrace. An overwhelming sensation overcame her - emotions began running wild, feelings of grief, joy and utter euphoria to the point she felt as if she were going to pass out. Then suddenly, the world began to shake violently, causing Mira to stop in mid-run. Fear began to take hold as she looked to her mother, both confused and scared.

"Mom...?"

Aaralyn said nothing as she looked around, trying to make sense of it and then the ground cracked and began to break away into a chasm of darkness - the Master Jedi would leap and catch onto the edge with a single hand while her ship and beloved astromech were swallowed up into the crumbling abyss that was the events unfolding around the Galaxy. Mira would scream and run for her mother - but something would hold her back - a sensation that didn't allow her to move. She felt helpless as she watched the world begin to explode around her and violently be swept away in an event that could only be described as cataclysmic in nature. Confused and dismayed - Mira would look to the area where Aaralyn gripped for her life and cried out to her once more. "Mom!?"

The elder Gyndar would climb up onto the ground between her and her daughter - except something was different. She was bleeding, her free hand appeared to be holding a wound that encompassed her mid-section and she appeared to be saying something that Mira couldn't hear or understand and then she smiled, a few tears were visible from her violet eyes and then nothing. It was as if then and there that Mira watched the energy of life slip away from the very form of her mother.

And there was nothing she could do...

She could only watch in dismay - as the world around her collapsed into a darkness that was consumed by fear and anger. A granddaughter of Ember Rekali, would feel the dark side for the first time that day. Her hands would clench into fists, fingernails digging into flesh and drawing out the crimson liquid that coursed through her body. Her teeth would grind together and eyes would shut tightly - a refusal repeated through her mind.

'I refuse to accept that she is dead...'

Her eyes would open and stare upon the form of her dead mother and then suddenly something hit her that caused her to jolt harshly - her widened gaze staring around for an unknown attacker. Then she'd be hit again, and again. Finally - her world would collapse and fade into nothingness.

Reality
Mira jerked up away from the pillar with a gasp and a light yelp - her hand reached out to fend off whatever was attacking her. Her astromech that her father gave her, Whistler she called him, had been prodding her lightly with his electrical probe. Apparently, she had fallen asleep against the compression tube and dreamed everything that had transpired. The world ending blow to Yavin IV, the odd death of her mother and those dark feelings...was that the dark side? Did she experience a vision through the Force? How?

Mira knew the Force was out of tune, could it still be possible to have experienced something that left a chill down her spine in such a manner? Probably so. She shook her head softly and brought a hand up to pat the green and chrome dome of the R9 unit. "I'm ok...just had a bad dream.." She'd slowly stand and look out to the jungles of Yavin IV - now more nervous than before.

Where was her family?

[member="Alec Rekali"] | [member="Anastasia Rade"] | [member="Aton Gyndar"] | [member="Falcon Gyndar"] | [member="Shywooshk"]

OOC - A vision, no real Force usage but I'm game for consequences I guess. Just a bit of character development :p

Anastasia certainly didn't expect tree guy to believe her. She was pretty certain that he got that all of the time. Sure, we will keep the forest safe just leave us be. Ana was semi-serious in the case as she honestly didn't wish any harm to come to the land.

As she awaited an answer she sighed and looked around at the trees. They didn't have time for this and if she wasn't such a nice person she would have certainly run him down by now. Ana was sure that the others surrounding her agreed with that testament. It might be best to allow them to run ahead and she catch up once she was done here.

"Why don't you go on ahead of me? Head towards the base. I'll be right behind you." There was no need having everyone stand around with her and play the waiting game. Ana didn't say it as she knew they were all aware to watch out for pirates, smuggles and unfriendly creatures here in the jungle.

[member="Shywooshk"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
MASSASSI TEMPLES -- DOCKING BAY/COURTYARD

[member="Shywooshk"]

"Shywooshk, how about you and I get to work on their bags. They don't have wounded, but man do they have luggage." The Jedi, Jal Shey, Ithorian priests and Tyia Thuwisten were descending the evac ships' ramps, loaded with personal effects and what looked like an awful lot of archival material. It didn't seem conducive to their dignity; not that she cared a whole lot for Jedi self-image, but they'd been through enough, and stressed Jedi made bad houseguests. Without introducing herself, she hoisted a couple of duffel bags and set out for the guest quarters. Time to see if they could put two and two together correctly without calling her a servant along the way.

Verd Skirata

Fancy flyin' and good fightin' make for a good day
Noticing that [member="Shywooshk"] had new orders, he decided to help as well. [member="Alec Rekali"] made sense with her reasons to take the Jettise luggage in. He walked after her to help grab a few bags himself, sheathing his beskaad, he asked "So what exactly is going on here, I Am a little short on knowledge as of right know."

[SIZE=9pt]Tilting his head to the side in curiosity the empty sockets stared at Anastasia. It was hard for Xion to believe her but her alignment was obviously with the light. Maybe she would keep her promise. It was better to have the Mandalorians protect the planet. A planet that would suffer once again beneath the power of the primeval. “If what you say is true I shall take you to the Massassi temples.” [/SIZE]Xion said giving in to what the women asked for. With the force all out of whack there was no way he could take on all the mandalorians anyway. They would be extremely vengeful if he struck down one of their own. They could possibly take it out on the environment to draw Xion out.

"I strangely believe you. One aligned with the light such as yourself would not lie to me... I hope." Xion said before turning away and waving for her and all with her to follow. Whistling five strills would emerge from the surrounding forest and walk near Xion. They were his back up just in case he was betrayed. "I'm sure you know these creatures. They did come from your planet after all. I've been raising them since they were young." Xion said to the mandalorian women trying to make conversation.
[member="Anastasia Rade"]

"I wouldn't lie to you. My brother is Mandalore. I'll speak to him about keeping the planet this way." She enjoyed the forest just as much as the rest of them. It was where she really felt at home as she was sure he did. Ana was a warrior but she also appreciated the natural beauty of the forest after all it was where she chose to make her home.

"Thank you," she half smiled as she followed along with him through the the forest to where he was taking them to the temple. "I have seen these creatures before but it is hard to say. I have not been a resident of Mandalore my whole life as many others have. I am learning though. Do you perhaps know the status of the temple?" Ana was wondering what the group may have in store.

[member="Xion Vala"]

The jungle heat made sweat stick like a thin coat on the man's scarred form as he stirred his large mug of black bitter caf. His grey green eyes closed as he sipped the black liquid and he turned to walk toward the balcony of his two story stone training house. He had just left the shower and wore nought a stich as he walked out to look at the jungle and think on the course his life had taken.

Ember had gone, Alec never came to this area of the training grounds where Ordo's training had begun, so fear of being seen had never rose in his temporarily calm relaxed mind. It was a good day on Yavin four.

Cennika Hawk

C
The Primeval: already the name carried a dark, crimson stain in her remembrance for what they had done and what they were going to do. Oh, she was no oracle, but the nature of living beings under the thrum of war ultimately ran the many paths of the predictable. War did not require the many, no... no, war could be intimate and it was that war with which she held the most familiarity. War amongst family, war with herself; the latter being one she desired to see an end to, an end that would not come while she still chose to hide from all that she could be and deny possibility. Perhaps that was what she was doing the moment she left Myrkr behind, opening herself to possibility and the litany of countless paths of joy and sorrow.

Refugees... the thought trailed off. They had done what they could to help, but it didn't stop her from feeling a certain distaste at the displacement of all those people that had done nothing to deserve it. A look given, a look returned, violet eyes had settled on the Rally Master and continued to watch him as he attended briefly to duty. To 'people-watch' was a thing she engaged in readily, looking without staring, without it being too obvious but there was that feeling, that certainty that this one could quite easily catch her at it. When he looked again, she had blinked slowly and gave only a short tip of her head before following him into the turbolift.

Within a short measure of time, they were loaded on a dropship and quickly taken to ground. So many firsts were happening for the as-yet young 'witch' in this unplanned journey. As the dropship had rocketed to the surface, she looked on him again, another few moments of study. It would become apparent that there was a definite limit to what she could glean about him with her eyes and in time the slow simmer of her curiosity would necessitate asking. For now, there was still much silent study to do, as there had been with each and every individual she had come to know beyond a passing glance. Such a tendency suited her.

[member="Naimes Ahn-Dross"]

A crazy idea had form in the short little woman with dreads head. Most of the time, alright all the time what she did was lethal to her targets. There was no middle ground in the actions she took. It was pew pew or a few more pews, and the target was on the ground smoking from blaster burns. The idea that formed was a more non-lethal ways of going through life. Could killing people be bad for the soul or because the people were the enemy there was not tainting of the soul. These were just a couple of those annoying philosophical questions that form with time.

Flipping through database of drugs and poisons, Velia found something to put the questions to rest for a time. On the moon of Yavin, pretty snakes had her weapon. That was where she went next to. Into the forest, she made sure to have gear to capture the crystal snakes that caught her eye in the database. A torch to use for a light source to reflect off the snakes for her to find, and a long snake catching rod to hold those creatures until placed in their cases. Vee moved slowly with her pace as her eyes scanned around her for the prey.

Massassi Temples
Courtyard/Landing Pad
...aboard the Drop Ship they would be strapped in before the engines roared to life and engaged to take them out of the Light Cruisers hangar and towards the surface of Yavin below. Rocketing out into space it would have been a smooth ride until they hit the atmosphere and turbulence started to jolt the shot, rocking everyone on board somewhat, however Naimes didn't seem to altogether mind. Turbulence was part of the ride and this was a ride he'd been on more time than he'd care to count. While he hadn't been focused on Cennika the observant nature of Naimes allowed him to glean some understanding that she was looking at him, even subtly, though he didn't seem altogether put off by this if she could tell he knew...

...when the turbulence cleared and the pilot confirmed they would be touching down momentarily Naimes would have turned his head and looked at her. Gazing across at Cennika he said nothing, he looked directly into her eyes as though he were conversing with her without talking but the his gaze sought to penetrate her own wasn't forceful nor did it attempt to intimidate her. Rather when Naimes looked at her it was calm and contemplative, even handed the likes of which an individual could have a conversation by looking into the mirrors of a persons soul. Whatever Naimes saw there he didn't reveal to her though...

...it wasn't until the Drop Ship touched down that Naimes stood straight, right out of his seat, where he'd invite Cennika to accompany him...
"Join me won't you?"...then a gesture of the hand for her to take a place beside him as the ramp to the ship fell and he proceeded out into the jungle of Yavin. They'd touched down at some Massassi Temples that the refugee ships were currently using as a courtyard/docking bay. As he moved out into the open Naimes would drink in the sight of everything around him and inhale a breath of fresh air before his eyes wavered back to Cennika..."Priority is to assisst the refugees. There are no wounded according to intel though. We only need to help move them in."...the thought of displacing so many people who had done nothing seemed to disturb him to an extent however he'd also seen the horrors of war so this was a different feeling...

"What do you think of the galaxy so far?"...he asked her as they stood there, his tone was introspective, perhaps he was attempting to learn a little bit more of the woman accompanying him...
[member="Cennika Hawk"]

Omega Pyre Task Force
Enroute to Yavin IV

They were a Private Military Contractor yes, and had in the past helped out the Mandalorian Clans in various engagements. This was to be no different.

With the Nine Hells opening up to swallow worlds whole and Corellia cracked in half like an egg, one had no idea what would happen next.

As she came out of the Nine Hells within this sector -- along with other Pyre folks -- this was where help would be given. She'll make her way back over to Protectorate space, but as she had previously aided the Mandalorians before, she only felt it was right to continue here.

[member="Mira Gyndar"]

The old mandalorian stepped out from the jungle in line of sight of his Granddaughter. She had been napping to only be woken by a droid. Strider had all intentions of giving the young girl a scare, a learning lesson but the bolts on wheels had ruined it. So now there was no point in keeping to the shadows. He was clad in his beskar'gam, jet back holding his golden shoulder cape from flapping in the wind. He was easily recognized by most mandos but he had not spent any time in the presence of his grand daughter or her father. He had many Offspring and as of late it seemed to be hard to keep track of em all. Something the old man decided he needed to improve upon, especially with recent events.

Strider removed his helmet, exposing his messing long black hair and red bandana that held it all from his face and eyes. His skin was tanned and leathery, his eyes dark and sullen and focused upon her as he approached. "Bu'ad!" He would break his silence with his deep resonating voice "You alright?"

Turin Val Kur

T
Mordecai was strong. Incredibly so, mostly due to his "Mother's" meddling in his DNA and dabbling in Sith Magic. He was an abomination, and he knew so, no matter how hard Gilamar tried to induct him into the Mandalorians. But...without a purpose and his debt to the old man paid he had begun to develop as a human being. And though he was a brute who would rather be killing and destroying rather than listening to old man talk about Strills and limmie over a mug of ne'tra gal, he knew he had to stay and help. Not because they were his "vode" but because the people needed his help.

And he could help.

Shouldering two large plasteel bins that would have taken a repulsorlift powered gurney to move, he walked down the Jedi refugee's shuttle ramp and brought the containers somwhere he knew they would be out of the way.

[member="Anastasia Rade"]

"I have to thank you for taking such actions. You don't know just how much it means to me." Xion said while leaning his head to the side and dodging a few low hanging branches. He finally had an ally in protecting Yavin. If what the women said was true then she did stand a good chance of talking the leader of the mandalorians into protecting the land. "Hmm that's surprising to me, thought one such as yourself would've been born and raised on the planet." Xion said before leading the way into the clearing where his camp was located.

A simple fire lit in the center of stones waited for him but not to far away in the background a Massassai temple could be seen. "Those temples are beyond me, built centuries ago by the ones originally inhabited this land. What I can tell you is that there are a great number of life forms surrounding it. Maybe wildlife of the planet or something more. I have not taken the time to disturb them. If you require my help I shall join you to the temple." Xion warned her.

[member="Mira Gyndar"]

Strider would continue his approach of his estranged granddaughter. His blaster carbine safely slung across his chest with the tactical quick draw sling. His attention grew to a subtle bustling in the bush to his left. The old man smiled "Come Duchess!" He would command and no sooner his words echoed into the jungle a grey toned strill would stalk out. Its six legs with flabby skin and hairless tail made the beast look a bit awkward. But that was the half of it, she/he had a large mouth full of sharp teeth, it drooled lots and it stunk to the high heavens. Yet that did not stop the old man to dropping to one knee and letting the little creature molest his face.

"Good Girl!" Really no point in calling the strill a girl. The creature was a hermaphrodite and can take up both roles. He named the strill after the last monarch title which was held by Duchess Satine Kryze, many, many decades ago. He would look to his granddaughter "Don't worry Mira! This beast won't hurt you"

Turin Val Kur

T
The ships seemed like they would keep coming. Or at least the cargo seemed that way. Beneath his shirt, sweat built quietly, leaving his pits damp and a glisten to his forehead. Luckily Mordecai was built like a work horse.

"Hurumf..." he grunted as he hefted another pair of crates. A few younglings and Padawans looked on at him in awe of his sheer strength. He could feel their eyes on him, their curious gazes questioning what could have created such a beast of burden. Grimacing after kicking a stone he nearly dropped the crates but was aided by the Force, a Padawan utilized his skill to save him and the cargo.

A nod in recognition and thanks sealed the cshort stint of communication.

Cennika Hawk

C
The ride on the dropship was nothing she had ever experienced before. It wasn't a pleasant ride, but only as shaking as being saddled upon a rancor at full-speed. Nothing she could not endure. She was far from delicate, hardy in her way, and that strong Dathomiri woman had taken the direct gaze of her companion on this path as it was - an act of understanding. What did he see? What did she see? Things to be revealed in time, if at all, to be certain. There was simply no urge to look away at all. There was nothing to hide.

When the dropship touched down and he rose, she watched. When he invited her, she accepted, 'I am glad to,' and joined him at the top of the ramp, almost as if it was her place - so easily, after so short a time. It was hard not to become accustomed when this was the case in every instance. He explained the intent in their being here, and her face showed some small relief - 'A welcome change of pace, despite the circumstances,' and she disembarked and took in a deep, lung-filling breath, too, thinking already that she would like this Yavin IV very much for its richness of nature.

'The galaxy is in turmoil,' it was so very apparent, 'but the hardships don't detract from the beauty of its unfathomable expanses,' and a very small, accepting smile joined those words, with more to come. 'I... perhaps...'

Her head turned, and eyes lifted to him. Some contemplation marked her face.

'...I would like to know it better.'

[member="Naimes Ahn-Dross"]

Objective: Move some bags. Sulk

This was not what La had been expecting when the call had been sent out and she'd been summoned home. Help some refugees. Move some bags. What was she a a-.. you know, those guys. Fancy hotels had them. They wore silly little hats. She was a soldier. She shot people. Playing nice with civilians was not in her job description.

As she hoisted another bag an elderly woman started wringing her hands.

"Oh do be careful dear! Those are very valuable!"

La sent her an absolutely withering look, scowl and all. Setting the bag down for a moment, she unclipped her helmet from her belt and firmly put it on her head. There was going to be a lot of eye rolling, might as well not get in trouble for it. She picked the bag up again, repressing her more piratical urges to make off with it. Very valuable eh? No, no, she wasn't feelancing, she was being a good Mando. Which apparently involved babysitting.

Ordo heard the beast coming before he saw it. The bull terentatek that he had fought before, tge besbev still stuck in the creature's hide. He downed the rest of his caf and climbed onto the ledge of the balacony. As the beast cleared the trees Ordo jumped to the ground. The two beast roared at each other and charged.

With a loud thud they collided and began kicking in gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Aedan sighed as he tapped his finger against the command seat in the lead freighter. He had heard rumors about what was happening on Yavin Mandalorians taking in refugees they would need supplies so Aedan was on his way to deliver some items he had purchased recently. Coming out of hyperspace Aedan sent a short burst message down to the planet it simply read. "Supply convoy requesting location to land and unload supplies for refugees." Aedan glanced towards the planet knowing that somewhere down there would be members who would recognize him others would have no clue who the young man was. [member="Strider Garon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom