Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Welcome to the Company!

Coruscant, Corusca Sector, Core Worlds
Defense Force Headquarters

Clad fully in her armor and gear, Minerva marched down a hallway alongside the Bothan captain Rast Tren'dol. Passing them by was a protocol droid writing on a datapad as a middle aged human staff officer lists a new set of directives. Ignoring that exchange entirely, the pair turned a corridor before Minerva exclaimed with a sigh.

"Glad that paperwork nonsense is finally done."

"Contrary to what you think, Private Fhirdiad it was completely necessary. Especially with the abrupt manner you suddenly came to us. A mountain of reports had to be filed because of that incident."

Underneath the helmet Minerva had to bite back an immediate retort to her handler. The way he used her new rank was to be a reminder that she is now in the Alliance military and thereby subjected to its authority. Their footsteps echoed upon the clear floor before Minerva finally answered in a professional enough tone.

"With all due respect captain I joined—

"Because you want to fight the Maw and the Imperials, as we already discussed I'm well aware. Your willingness to fight our common enemies Fhirdiad is most welcomed and so is your set of skills however…"

He stopped in the middle of the adjacent hall, forcing Minerva to stop as well as the former pointed his right hand toward her with a warning glare.

"You're now part of the Alliance military, not the Enclave's and you will conduct yourself accordingly. Do I make myself clear?"

Suppressing a sigh while frowning a bit Minerva answered. "Crystal clear…sir."

It was still hard for her to adjust to a stricter military hierarchy but that is the price she was willing to pay if it meant getting the opportunity to fight. Seeing that his point was made Tren'dol gestures for her to keep following him.

"Fortunately for both of us there is a unit that could be a good fit. Gorgara Company is known to be rather unorthodox. Yet it will be Sergeant Driver's decision whether you're accepted in or not."

"Does he know I'm coming?" Minerva asked as they entered an elevator and descended to which Bothan replied.

"Oh yes he is aware, we made sure of that. You're hardly the only recruit he's been getting today, so remember that."

The elevator finally stopped a few minutes later and the door slid open. Minerva walked out and Tren'dol pointed to a conference room on the right hand side meters away. Quickly Minerva nodded her gratitude and gave a salute that was slightly awkward but the captain returned it all the same.

"Good luck, private."

"Thank you captain and please give your wife and kids my regards."

Turning away from the elevator she walked into the conference room…

Driver Driver

Last edited:

MOSHED-2022-8-18-23-58-27.jpg

Coruscant, GADF Headquarters
Tags: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

driver_divider.png

Driver wasn't excited often. Usually meeting with a new recruit was a standard affair. But this was no standard recruit. No, this was a Mandalorian. He was sure that Captain Tren'dol was doing his regular 'hard ass' routine, talking some garbage about how the new recruit would be competing for a position in his company. In truth, she had already made it in. Driver made up his mind the moment he read her file. Maybe some people were adversary to the presence of a Mandalorian, but Driver knew an asset when he saw one. Soon enough, Minerva had entered the conference room.

"Glad you could finally join me, private," Driver greeted. "Sergeant Major Driver. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The clone stood, folding his hands behind his back and turning to the window behind the conference table.

"Now, I must clear a few things up," he continued. "This isn't an interview, soldier. The necessary paperwork needed to admit you to Gorgara Company is being completed as we speak. Many here have their... reservations about the Enclave, as I'm sure you gathered, but I know first hand the skill of your people. I'm well aware that you aren't the average warrior, and I'd be a damn fool if I let another company pick you up."

A grin spread across the clone's face. He adjusted his eyepatch and turned back.

"Bet you weren't expecting that."

Within her helm Minerva blinked several times. A clone…an actual clone trooper was standing there and is her new commander. While the armor and helmet concealed the Mandalorian's widened eyes and opened jaw her body language would hint at her shock. Quickly Minerva recovered, listening to Driver as he explained what's going on.

Mentally she would be amused at herself, thinking. With a name like Driver it should've been a giveaway.

Some years ago she had briefly met another clone, who was a Mandalorian that worked as a bartender back on Kestri. She certainly didn't count on meeting another here of all places. The more Driver spoke the more Minerva felt pleased. This is already a massive improvement over the bureaucratic mess she dealt with for the last few rotations.

Minerva chuckled at Driver's last comment. "You can say that again."

Pausing for a few moments and crossing her arms over the chest area she now in a serious tone next said.

"As for those who have a problem with me and my kin it's nothing that I can't handle. As long as there is the opportunity to fight the enemies we share I'll be more than content sergeant major."

Driver Driver

Last edited:

driver_divider.png

"As for those who have a problem with me and my kin it's nothing that I can't handle. As long as there is the opportunity to fight the enemies we share I'll be more than content sergeant major."

"That's what I like to hear," Driver nodded. "Then I'll start with the rundown..."

Driver recomposed his posture, the military man in him kicking in. He gave this address to all new recruits, the basic spiel of what Gorgara Company got down to.

"As part of a first response unit, you'll be one of the earliest pair of boots on the ground," he explained. "Gorgara Company favors quick, decisive strikes, taking whatever means necessary to cripple the line of our enemies as soon as we can. That means you may end up taking part in strategies that seem downright bizarre. Any means necessary means including tactics that others may consider... to extreme or unusual to preform, military purists be damned. So consider this my invitation to use all the tools in your
arsenal. And, of course, casualties will be high. That's the nature of combat on the front lines, so I hope you have a good constitution."

With that, he eased up his posture. Now it was time to get to the details he thought were much more important.

"Right then," the clone continued. "Enough of this blasted conference room. Let's go to the hangar. I'm sure you want to see the Company for yourself."

The recruits including Minerva stood quietly, listening to Driver's speech. Some of the newcomers actually chuckled when told they're going to employ unorthodox tactics. In truth, it sounded like sweet music to many of them including Minerva. After all she is a warrior not a regularly trained soldier.

Once Driver announced they're heading for the hangar, several recruits cheered, while others murmured in approval or simply nodded. The Mandalorian was of the latter. She and the rest followed after their clone commander out of the room. Advancing through the hall Minerva kept up a steady pace when a soft voice on the right said.

"Uh…hello."

Turning to the side, the Mandalorian found herself looking down at a female Sullustan wearing a gray cloak with some camouflage paint and dark pants and brown boots. Sling over the shoulder a sniper rifle, giving Minerva a pretty good idea what kind of role this other woman has. By her demeanor she seemed a bit shy but curious.

Probably her first time meeting a Mandalorian. Minerva theorized before nodding in greeting.

"Well met verd oh I mean soldier." She paused, remembering that most here wouldn't know Mando'a. Quickly the armored warrior who felt a bit awkward introduced herself.

"I'm Minerva Fhirdiad, adopted daughter of Jorel Merrik. What's your name?"

Blinking her mouse like eyes the Sullustan briefly scratched the back of her brown headgear then answered.

"Irni…Irni Rongat from Sullust. Well ah guess you already can tell heh."

Trying to find a way to make her obviously nervous acquittance feel a little more at ease Minerva looked over to her weapon.

"Impressive rifle. You keep it in good shape from what I can tell."

Swelling with pride, Irini nodded vigorously. "Oh yes uncle Var taught me to be prepared when on a hunt. Whenever possible I make sure to clean this gun."

"Good policy. One never knows when trouble comes our way."

"Too true." Irni admitted with a sigh. Finding herself already liking the Sullustan sharpshooter Minerva asked while smiling under the helm.

"How long have you been with the Alliance?"

"More than one year. I left home to make my own way in the galaxy and the GA offered me an opportunity to put my skills to use while serving a good cause. Somehow the Sergeant Major found out about me and made an offer and I couldn't refuse."

That is very telling, Minerva realized. If the clone did request for Irini she must be very capable despite her demeanor.

Driver Driver

driver_divider.png

The other recruits began to arrive as he spoke, as expected, and before long they were off for the main hangar that Gorgara Company operated out of. In the meantime, he left the new recruits to their small talk. They would need that familiarity, as it would prove to be of great value on the battlefield. Eventually, they had arrived at the hangar. It was massive, filled with the Company's backlog of ATTE's and gunships, all marked with the signature camouflage markings of the unit.

"This will be your base of operations going forward," Driver told them. "From here you'll be setting off across the stars to crush those who seek to impose their will on the world of Democracy. I suggest you take the time to get familiar with our equipment and various facilities. You'll find the armory on the far end of the hangar, and our vehicles are undergoing maintenance inspection as we speak."

Driver turned to them, knocking on the side of a gunship as he did so.

"These ships our the blood of our operation," the clone explained. "Rapid deployment, rapid evacuation. Thus, it's of the utmost importance that they be handled with great care, lest your platoon be shot out of the sky."

"Any questions so far?"

Standing by her new Sullustan comrade Minerva examined the hangar from one end to the other. Just for us huh? This is a different outfit from what I expected of the Alliance. Of course she's not going to object. In fact the warrior welcomed this news with a nod that hinted at the grin beneath the helm.

When Driver pointed at the armory on the far, Minerva made sure to see where it was exactly. Oh I intend to check the gear in there. After all, one way to learn about one's allies and enemies is the care they put into their equipment. She didn't say that outloud while an astromech beep several times as it rolled to the side of the group.

Meanwhile the more veteran members all over the hangar barely gave the newcomers. Instead they were occupied with whatever tasks their CO was having them to do or what they're doing of their own initiative. Of course there are a few glances over toward them. Most wore neutral expressions, not easily impressed, the armored warrior concluded and while the rest seemed somewhat amused. Crossing both arms over her chest Minerva shrugged it off.

I'm not some wide eyed recruit from a moisture farm after all. There is no turning back for me.

Once their new commander finished speaking several of the new members talked among themselves before Irni nervously raised her left hand.

"Uhh…sir where would the sleeping quarters be?"

Behind her and Minerva a scrubby looking Klatooinian with makeshift gear that made him look more pirate than soldier interjected with a growl.

"Any chance we've heading out to battle soon?"

From his tone Minerva can already tell the Klatooinian was eager to fight. She shared a similar sentiment but kept to it herself. Quickly a blond bearded human snorted.

"What kind of question is that? Of course we're going to be fighting soon. None of us would be here otherwise."

The Klatooinian growled some more but this time in annoyance the human brushed it off like it's no big deal.

Driver Driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom