Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hell... Who Brought Their Sunblock?(phrik mining IC thread)

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
To brave the fires of the blown-up Deblong mines, you need either very careful planning... or a good deal of stupidity.​
The nearest safe landing point just so happens to be a makeshift mining platform made from bits of the old operation and a good deal of scrapper ingenuity, and Aerin and the people whom decided to follow him into this hellhole of a blasted volcanic plain had called ahead to the owner of this platform who was happy to allow them to use it for a small cut in the Phrik haul​
"Welcome to Hell's Bell mining platform people, now lets be good for the owner and not blow it up" Aerin land his ship, 'The Chickadee' on a small pad jutting out of the rickity mining platform, awaiting any other ships to land on the larger pad across from him.

[member="Singularity"] / [member="Salllkar volling "]/ [member="Kami Meran"] / [member="Blacktail"] / [member="Bryce Bantam"]

"So this was the place the contract stated. " that was what the data said .
"Blazind heat and no air.. may set up a summer home here. " she joked looking at her skull like face in the reflection on the transparisteel of her cockpit.

Phirik.. well this was going to be fun. that joke was never going to get old. she needed a tiny amount for he armor... not that she was going to admit it.
Kami was a mando not you're typical one mind you. she was not a real gruff kind she was aggressive mind you. still a crazy person in a suit of Armour.
and now a miner.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
Aerin opened the landing ramp of his small vessel and walked out while calibrating his favorite new tool, the WMT-model 0

" I hope that we've got sane people with, Dumpster, watch the ship, I'll be out mining once I get acquainted with our new friends, fix up something and tune up the Hyperdrive while I'm out" the droid was about to walk off the ramp with his 'boss' until hearing the order, glad to not have to get burns, the little droid beeps in binary that he'd be "happy to stay on the ship and away from so much heat"

Aerin took a mental note of how damn scrappy this whole platform looked, he gave a quick shout out com on the channel he had posted on the jobs board.
[" Alright people, landing pads are safe enough, don't let the heat in the air fool you, it gets hotter."] he awaits for the other pilots to reply and touch down.

Bryce stood before Sady his T7-S8E Astromech droid. His green skin still burned and bruised from the battle on Kal'Shebbol. With one arm still in a sling, he put on his best smile and motioned for Sady to begin recording.

"[member="Aerin The Lost"] , wait that is weird, just gonna call you Aerin. Good job securing that platform. I'm sorry I was not able to make it but I wanted to do what I could to help. I have secured you a decent mining permit from the guilds and also when you're done I set up a rather sizable expense account at my club, so be sure to have a blast afterward. If you get stuck or have any issues with the locals let me know. -BB out"

Ending the transmission BB laid back down in the medical suit of the Lucrehulk that was now stationed over Kal'Shebbol and pondered his next action as the unrest on the planet grew.

that was the good thing with Beskar'gam atmospheric control. she would have at least an hour before she'd need to change her gas canister. Lyth her As-Aki partner on the other hand.
"Green you'd better stick with the ship. it's hotter than a Hutt's boudoir out their. "

Blacktail

Captain of the Lost Dynast
A faint whistling sound grew and grew in the distance. It got closer; louder. Suddenly, a large, black and yellow mass hurdled just overhead at nigh sonic speeds. It was the Lost Dynast, making way to a suitable landing area.

The freighter landed off in the distance, a place that accommodated its length and bulk a bit better than the shuttle platforms did. Numerous heavy metal feet began to jut out of the undercarriage. The air seals hissed as loading ramps opened on both sides of the main bulk, and out screeched a cargo lift truck.

Maherei blissfully yawned, laying back upon the lift's flatbed.
"I heard there would be Phrik, but I just came for fuel..." she stated blankly. "Captain Maherei—pleased to make your acquaintance. But you may simply call me Blacktail."

The Mnenchei woman slid herself back off the flatbed, suregrip boots firmly on the ground, and leisurely began twirling one of her moonlight blades with her wrist. Blades that could cleave clean through durasteel; the galaxy just didn't make 'em like the Mnenchei did.

[member="Aerin The Lost"], [member="Salllkar volling"], [member="Kami Meran"], [member="Bryce Bantam"]​

@Blacktail @Kami Meran [member="Bryce Bantam"] [member="Aerin The Lost"] @Salllkar volling

OOC/ For this to get used as a dev thread, it needs to be in the public forums. I'll try and snag a staffer to move the thread for you.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
gotta send [member="Bryce Bantam"] a thank you message...and a big fruit basket...
"Hi there captain @Blacktail welcome to the smallest mining platform I've seen ever" Aerin walks up to the Mnenchei woman in a friendly manner and he holds out a hand for a handshake "I'm Aerin."

" Seriously you lot need to pick better places to nine. i know this nice little Klatoonian place on Yavin nice beach great sunset ant all the
fizzaid yo can drink. not whatever this is." Kami said strolling up speaking threw her helmet's vocoder trying not to look like a tiny lump of intimidation all rolled in to one tiny liltle girl.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
"Not like Phrik grows on tree there little lady, what just so happens to be your name. and after we do introductions from everybody here... we should probably take inventory of what we have to mine with... besides the platform and our bare hands." Aerin checks over his WMT once more making double sure he won't fling half molten metal and rock everywhere.

[member="Kami Meran"]
[member="Blacktail"]
[member="Salllkar volling"]
[member="Singularity"]

Blacktail

Maherei suddenly gripped tight the handle of her blade, bringing its spin to a halt. She offered her hand in the shake, letting her talon-like claws glide smoothly over the man's fingers.
"I take it you weren't planning on blasting these mines any further? I hear they've already taken quite the punishment. My ship has that cargo sled behind me, a bunch of proton mines..." she paused, "And I have-"
Suddenly the woman tightened her grip on the blade even more, depressing a switch which triggered a massive crescent of blue flame to erupt from its length. With a single sweep of the blade, she had made a glowing-hot incision through three of the metal bars that made up the landing walkway's support railing. When the demonstration was finished, the blade hissed back to a dormant state.
"-These."
She smiled, handing one of the massively heavy blades to Aerin.

[member="Aerin The Lost"], [member="Kami Meran"], [member="Salllkar volling"]​

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
Aerin hefts the blade in one hand, this thing looks highly impractical in his hand..."so you planned on cutting out partially molten metal, and bombing the phrik out of some blasted rocks?"
wow...that isn't as smart as some would think, seeing as how unstable volcanic areas can be. "you're getting a cut of the phrik we get out of the lava and rocks from around here, Kami, you should look around for some cutters or repulsor drills on the platform, Captain... please don't blow us all up and sink the platform into the lava, I'd rather not have all the ships get melted and re-purposed as tea kettles"
[member="Blacktail"]
[member="Kami Meran"]

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
are crystals even related to metal? how can in-organics even be related?
"welcome Sal, nice body...er...that sounds weirder than I thought it would, anyway, could you help Kami look for the tools and stuff I'll help haul once we get things mined up...or I could try and lift some of the molten metal out...try..."

[member="Salllkar volling"]
[member="Kami Meran"]
[member="Blacktail"]

As [member="Aerin The Lost"]'s ship; "The Chickadee"; descended into Demonsgates atmosphere, Singularity stood up and walked towards one of the ships viewports. The droid had never scene an unstable planet before and was interested seeing it before they landed and began mining.

The surface of Demonsgate was covered in what appeared to be barren plains. The planet looked to have no plant life, animals or water; no way to support life of any kind. Magma took the place of water, flowing through-out the planet in unbelievably large rivers that fed into enormous lakes and oceans that went out beyond Singularity's sight.

The planet; Demonsgate; appeared to be just that... very unstable.

As the ship continued down towards the surface, it veered sharply to the left and began descending rapidly; bringing into view an abandoned mining station. As "The Chickadee" reached its destination, Singularity felt the ramp descend down onto the platform.

"Welcome to Hell's Bell mining platform people, now lets be good for the owner and not blow it up", came over the ships intercom.

Turning away from the viewport, the droid walked across the room towards his gear. Reaching out to the wall, he grabbed and holstered his vibro-sword, vibro-knife, and blaster. Leaving his corner of the room, he walked over to and picked up the two mining tools he had been able to purchase with his limited funds. A refurbished Ore Sensor and a second-hand Mining Laser. Not needing access to a full mining rig, he had acquired the bare minimum that he would need.

Leaving the small room he was in, he made his way through the ship until he finally reached the off-ramp. Walking down the ramp he stepped down onto the mining platform. Looking around, he observed a droid, the captain, and the other organics standing off to the side together. He also noticed that while he'd been gathering his belongings a late arrival had joined them. A female organic that was of monochrome coloring.

Walking over to them, Singularity overheard Aerin speak to the other droid, "welcome Sal, nice body...er...that sounds weirder than I thought it would, anyway, could you help Kami look for the tools and stuff I'll help haul once we get things mined up...or I could try and lift some of the molten metal out...try..."

That was a first for him. He had never heard of organics finding a droid attractive before. Every time he interacted with them he discovered something new.

"Greetings organics and droid. I am known as Singularity. I agree that the searching of this platform is in order. Any tools and equipment that is found would be of use. Before we begin mining it would also be benificial if we found containers or something else in which to store the ore. I have brought with me a mining laser and an ore sensor to help locate and mine the Phrikite ore, once we are ready to begin."

OOC: -edit- [member="Salllkar volling "]I [member="Kami Meran"] I [member="Blacktail"]

Blacktail

Maherei simply frowned. She had specifically suggested against the blasting of the mines. Then again, none of the others seemed to be miners or prospectors, so she didn't expect them to see things the way she had. The captain's retort was simple and straight to the point.

"I hope you've brought picks and beam cutters... you're going to need them."

"Deefor," she shouted at her vessel, "Charge the tractor beams and have one of the droids load some mine barrels onto the lift. I want a full scan of the local topography."

Without another moment wasted she made her way into the facility. Inside, she looked for a breaker and hailed one of her servant droids to bring a coupling from the ship's engineering room to power up the main station with. With the high-grade scout sensor arrays on her ship, scanning for faults would be a protracted but straightforward process; then she could worry about dropping some of the mines in lava pockets and rock beds to stabilize the local area. It was no different than drilling large asteroids or harvesting gas from nebulae... in theory. From there on out, everyone would just have to rely on old fashioned elbow grease.

[member="Aerin The Lost"], [member="Salllkar volling"], [member="Kami Meran"]​

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
damn, almost forgot this droid was with us, "Glad to have someone sensible with us, though that droid is a shard, a force sensitive non-organic. better planning than what I had, I do have cargo containers that can hold the ore in my ship, you probably saw them..., think we're going to need more?"
the young man looks the droid up and down, unique make... probably a unique AI too... is he complex enough to self improve, or does he need help... I'd love to check out his design... maybe install a WMT... looks like he has thrusters... Aerin's eyes go wide and millions of ideas go through his head, but one flashes through his mind almost exclusively, this droid, this droid is going to rival a force user if he can learn

"glad to meet you [member="Singularity"] " Aerin goes up to the droid and puts an arm around him "lets get to work buddy." giant smile on his face as he goes to get cargo containers with his WMT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom