Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Club Nightland (Open to All)

cyberpunk__night_club_by_dsorokin755-d75lf02.jpg
.:: Coruscant : Underlevels ::.

The Club Nightland had opened up its doors for the day. Every sort of lowlife and dweller of the shining ecumenopolis' undercity filled seats in the Club. High above, overlooking the ground floor of the neon-flooded drinking hole, was a lavander Twil'ek dressed in a flaunting, black evening dress. Xiann Syndulla, the owner of Club Nightland, and bounty huntress. She was sipping slowly on a reddish cocktail. Meanwhile, her pet ID-10 seeker roamed around, taking video and reporting back to its mistress.

There was a Rodian who was acting out, drunk out on something. The Twi'lek narrowed her eyes before waving to one of her security force. A tall, muscled Weequay came to her side, bowing in to listen to her demand.

"Remove him. He's had enough to drink. Have him get sober the hard way." Her voice dripped with a succulent Rylothian accent.

With a nod, the Weequay descended the stairs connecting the upper floor to the ground floor. A couple other of the security force help flanked the troublesome Rodian, picking him up and seeing him out the hard way: out on the pavement outside. There was a long line outside, leading to an enterance with a TT-8L/Y7 Gatekeeper questioning newcomers for the password granting access.

.:: Welcome to Club Nightland ::.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] (ya said you wanted that drink <3)

Captain Ironbeard

Money - People - Rum
Drinking - Captain Ironbeard's main hobby. But he wasn't just here to have fun - pubs gather all kinds of people prepared to do less than legal things, and Ironbeard needed a team of them. The Captain made his way to the bar stall, and looked to the barmaid. An alien, of a species that Ironbeard didn't recognise.

"Give me the strongest thing ye' got. Credits don't matter, just get it, m'love"

​He then turns his attention to his datapad. His order of paint had arrived. Better collect that once he got sober.
[member="Xiann Syndulla"]

Connections.

Connections are an important part of being a Bounty Hunter. Many inexperienced hunters, and plenty of experienced ones, relied on themselves for everything. They found their own jobs, fixed their own gadgets, used their own knowledge and expertise for everything they did. The lucky few, the incredibly talented and incredibly lucky, thrived playing this game. Others died in it.

Ghorua knew differently. If one relies on themselves for everything, they are bound to break eventually. One thread won't hold much weight, but many strings in a spider web can catch so much more. Ghorua was working on expanding his own web of contacts.

If that meant struggling through a lower-Coruscanti club scene, he would do it.

To it's credit, Club Nightland was classier than the average joint on the level. The interior lighting was pleasing to the eye, as were the denizens. The clientele were those deemed worthy, or smart enough to coax the password from those deemed worthy. Well-dressed individuals and shifty criminals alike mixed and mingled, ogling over male and female dancers.

Ghorua sat in a large booth, arms draped over the headrests snugly. The Herglic was enormous, even while sitting. He wore a black wifebeater and grey bottoms, the holsters for his slugthrowers hanging off his belt. His expression read somewhere between polite boredom and observational interest. His deep black eyes scanned the room, searching for nothing in particular.

He spotted a small droid hovering about, and felt a grin tug at his lips.

There you are.

He waited until the droid's ocular sensors were on him, and gave it a two-finger salute, knowing exactly who the message would go to.

- [member="Captain Ironbeard"] - [member="Xiann Syndulla"] -

[member="Ghorua the Shark"] | [member="Captain Ironbeard"]​

Xiann sat as she drank her liquor, once more going through the video and images her pet droid was sending to her holocomputer on the upper floor. Most things were normal. People shuffling in, getting drunk, and oogling the dancers. Nothing out of the ordinary. That was until video came of a rather large customer motioning directly into the camera of her ID-10 seeker. Someone who directly wanted her attention. She gave off an interested hum before standing on black high-heels, clacking her way to the stairs. She was accompanied by two of her guards, both of the hardy Klatooinian species. Almost like a snake slithering from its den, or a spider from its web, the lavander Twi'lek made her way past the crowd. She slinked toward the seat where the huge Herglic sat. She sat down, her guards effectively blocking off onlookers. The ID-10 hovered down to its mistress, who appeared to pet it approvingly before shooing it back into its job.

"Alright. You have my attention. What is it that I can do you for?" She folded one leg over the other, her high-cut dress showing off some violet thigh, "And seeing as you are a new face around here, your first round of drinks is free. Shall my boys fetch you something?"

She snapped her fingers at one of her attendants, who offered up the same glass of liquor she had up in her private room. It was reddish tinged, indicating some sort of wine.

--------------

A green-skinned Miralan girl blinked her blue eyes at the space captain before nodding to him. "Corellian Whisky, comin' up!" She spoke bubbly. She turned to the bar-back and pulled out a mug's worth of brown, spice-tinged liquor.

[member="Captain Ironbeard"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Xiann Syndulla"]

The Club Nightland. Word had reached the Sentinels ears of the shady little establishment growing up in the lower levels of Coruscant. Though as Jedi opposed to such practices such as clubbing and drinking, she found it an enticing idea. What was better than a hive of scum and villainy to find answers and secrets?

As a Sentinel she was duty bound to hunt down and expose evil. Folks in this business could be a boon, or nemesis. As she strode into the club the first thing that hit was the smell of spice clouds hitting her face like a brick wall falling from the atmosphere. She coughed and then grinned, taking in the sights. Despite being a Jedi the whole spectacle of debauchery was curious.

Her eyes roved the room. She landed on a whale, a green bottle of booze and a card game. There was a curious lady here too.

Even Obi-Wan visited a bar in his day.

Screw it. Let's go.

And thus the games began. She was not in disguise, but clearly a Jedi in her brown robes. Her saber was clear as day on her hip. Almost as clear as the creds she slapped down on the Pazaak game; declaring,

"Sixty on the Bith. He wins the next hand. Come pay me later."

Then she moved on, taking a seat at the bar.

"What'll it be Jedi? Thought your kind don't drink!"

"I'm making an exception today. What's your name friend?"

"Terrence, yours?"

"Karren, and I'm very interested in two things. That bottle of green goo and that big whale looking fella. What's his deal?" She asked, hooking a thumb obvious as all hell in his direction.

Night club, even when not on undercover work she still spent a large amount of time at these establishments, they were fun, exciting and one could always pick up usually information or other Jobs. Even just learning about some strangers dirty secret and using it for personal gain. The lavish Chiss woman strutted around the club, noting the different people, the Jedi struck as odd, but if perhaps a chance to get some blackmail material, there was [member="Ghorua the Shark"], a fairly wide known bounty hunter, not someone to mess with, though the last person seemed.... Interesting.

[member="Captain Ironbeard"] sat alone at the bar drinking, but also from the looks of things keeping an eye out for someone, or something, 'Well isn't this interesting'. Curiosity got the better of her, and she slowly approached the oddly dressed man, "I'll have a Corellia Whisky", the Chiss did not talk to the man just yet, interested if he'd take the initiative to introduce himself, all she had to do was sit there and look pretty.

[member="Karren Trask"]

It seemed Ghorua's little hello payed off.

The scents of the club were strange. Ghorua's acute sense of smell could pick up the subtle reek of adrenaline and perfumes overpowered by alcohol and exotic spices. The silhouettes of bodies blended together in the ebb and flow of the music, calming, if not for the aforementioned blaring music.

He almost missed her approaching.

Of course, Ghorua had done his research before he came here. [member="Xiann Syndulla"] was an accomplished Bounty Hunter and Assassin. So accomplished, in fact, that her existence had only just been revealed to his web of connections. There wasn't much to go on, but Ghorua had a knack for reading people if he got them up close. And that's exactly what he did.

As the vibrantly-colored Twi'lek spoke, Ghorua's deep black, intelligent eyes studied her. Not as one might study a dancer in a club, but a particularly interesting painting in a museum. He looked for meaning, for an answer, in her face. And he smiled, revealing rows of serrated teeth.

"Of course, Ms. Syndulla. You won't catch me refusing a drink." Ghorua chuckled light-heartedly to himself, crossing his arms over his chest. "Nothing too strong. Perhaps a light wine," he said with meaning, catching a whiff of Xiann's drink.

He did a cursory glance of the room, looking for eavesdroppers, and finding not just one. He caught the gazes of [member="Vettu'honi'oazi"] and [member="Karren Trask"], a Chiss and a not-so-inconspicuous Jedi. While the former didn't give him pause, he was slightly concerned about Jedi meddling in his affairs tonight. While he generally considered them good for the galaxy, they were rarely good to him.

But he was attracting attention, which was exactly what he wanted.

"Ghorua the Shark, at your service." He nodded his head in greeting, wondering dimly whether his own exploits had reached his contemporary's ears. "And I would like to acquire your services for a job."

"I could give you one of my cheesy speeches about how we should be friends, and work together for our mutual monetary benefit, but you strike me as too smart for that." He wasn't lying. One didn't become a successful assassin by trusting every Bounty Hunter that tried to waggle a bone in front of them.

He glanced around the club, feeling his slight grin fall to suspicion. "Is it safe to talk here?"

- [member="Captain Ironbeard"] -

Captain Ironbeard

Money - People - Rum
Captain Ironbeard looked at the woman with a grin. Blue skin and hair with red eyes. Probably a Chiss. The Captain readied himself to try and say a long, confusing name and probably butcher is, just in case she didn't give her shorthand.

​"So... What is a lovely lady like you doing in a hive of scum an' villainy? We don't see many like you 'round 'ere, not unless they're paid to be."

​The captain laughed as he said this, but through it a beeping sound could be heard.

​"One second, better check that."

Before the Chiss had a chance to speak he picked up his datapad, but quickly put it back down again.

​"Continue, lass."

​There were two reasons for a nightclub to have a long line: either it was worth the wait, for one reason or another, or it was new enough that people didn't yet know that it wasn't worth the wait. The verdict was still out on ​Club Nightland​. Xaedrin stood outside the line, watching for a likely target to help him inside. He had worked quite hard to avoid having a reputation or a big name in the lower levels of Coruscant, primarily concerned in the past with surviving. However, having amassed a decent amount of personal wealth through his various thieving enterprises, he knew it was time to start branching out into new endeavors. Plus, credits afforded a bit of luxury. As a relative unknown, however, he'd not warranted an invite into the exclusive club. He did look the part, however, wearing an expensive, stylishly-cut dark blue suit. Underneath was a simple white shirt with the top several buttons undone to lend a casual air. He wore shoes to match the price of the ensemble, having learned the hard way long ago that cheap shoes were a give-away even on men.

Xaedrin had two reasons for wanting in the club tonight: curiosity and thirst. The former drove him to sate the latter in this particular locale. It wasn't a terribly good reason to take a risk of this nature - after all, curiosity killed the ... well ... what died changed depending on what planet you happened to be on, but he hoped it wouldn't be the young street-thief this time. A stylish speeder pulled up next to the line, a finely dressed man with an air of arrogance emerging from inside with a scantily clad woman on his arm. Xaedrin smiled to himself as he moved toward the pair. The man was giving instructions to his driver, and so didn't notice Xaedrin before bumping into him. With a muttered 'excuse me​' Xaedrin continued past him, ignoring the insults hurled his direction. His lips curved upward in a smile as he walked to the entrance of the club.

Reaching into his jacket, Xaedrin expertly produced the small, duraplast card that he'd palmed from the wealthy couple at the speeder moments ago. The card was a special invitation to the evening's event. Xaedrin hoped the individual wasn't important enough to be recognizable on sight, but figured he wasn't due to the lack of security. Proffering the card between index and middle finger to the street-tough at the door, he adopted a relaxed half smile. "Evening,"​ he said nonchalantly. Xaedrin wasn't the most skilled Force user - in fact, he was virtually untrained. But one thing he ​was good at was subtle, mental nudges. Gently, he pressed on the tough's mind - ​everything's fine, there's no problem here.​ Not all beings were susceptible to mental pressure through the Force, but so long as this one wasn't Force sensitive he shouldn't notice Xaedrin's light touch either way.

His calm exterior belied the tension he felt, but he'd grown adept at covering that up.

[member="Xiann Syndulla"]

Blitz had walked into the club in his new armor which he was quiet proud of still wearing a few remnants of his old clone armor to pay his respects to his clon brothers from so long ago.His 500 Riot Gun Slung behind his left shoulder,on his lower back was a holstered 'Wookie Hunt' shotgun on his left shoulder a Kuikir knife and a small DC-17 blaster pistol in a small holster on his right calf.

He would look around the club continuing his way to the bar casually scanning the crowd as he took a seat at the bar.

'A Bounty Hunter,Assassin,Pirate,Jedi,and a Merc walk into a bar,sounds like a start to a bad joke right?' He thought this to himself

With his spotter training and other large group ordeals it wasn't hard to pick out the people of interest here.

He would quickly and casually slide his hand into his pocket and a small Holobug no bigger then a marble and would roll in a guided direction like a ball,it was simply meant for audio.

The small drone would roll out dodging feet and dancers as well as other clubbers up under [member="Ghorua the Shark"]'s table planting it's self and beginning to record audio of him as well as [member="Xiann Syndulla"].

Blitz motioned for the bar tender talking to [member="Captain Ironbeard"]

"Oi Lass,a shot of some Rodian Spice please?"

She gave the captain a sly smile, "You could say that, or I might be looking to get paid, though whats wrong with a girl just having a good night out". The bar tender returned with Vettu's drink, she handed over a few credits and let them attend to the other customers, while scooting a bit closer to [member="Captain Ironbeard"]. She was even more curious when his data pad went off, 'theirs something going on here, and I'm getting in on it'.

She took a quick sip from her drink before continuing the conversation, "Might I probe your mind for an answer on why you are here, your outfit is that of a captain, but I do not see a crew of any sorts". After years of training and mission one became good an deducing one profession by their clothing and poise, this person was not much different.

[member="TheNewUpgrade"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Xiann Syndulla"]

Her eyes never missed a beat. The armoured fella dropped his little droid and she smirked, taking a sip of her green drink. It was fire water that made the young Jedi grimace. Lips pressed thin she performed a little healing rhythm that neutralized the alcohol in her liver, speeding up her metabolism to get rid of it.

She had to pee now.

And the place was getting crowded.

But all that had to wait. The shark was up to something, speaking with a lady who carried herself as if she ran the club. Could it be a lead?

Perhaps. But she was here for something greater than that. The big picture was more important than the smaller crimes committed. The Alliance could come down here and handle things as they saw fit.

It's not my place to intervene in everything....

So she zeroed in on the merc looking fella.

She slid down two seats and took a place next to him, cocking her head and glancing over his armor, before making eye contact with what she assumed to be his eyes behind the face plate.

"So what's with the armor? You some kind of mercenary?" Then she smirked again.

"Let me introduce myself though, where are my manners. Karren Trask."

She held out her hand for the trooper to shake.

Captain Ironbeard

Money - People - Rum
[member="Vettu'honi'oazi"]
​The captain grinned, but it had the air of unease to the trained eye.

​"Well, I still 'ave some crew. They be tending to the ship."

​The captains unease became more clear as he talked about his ex-crew.

​"The engineer botched up the engine when workin' on it.. One of us died. The mechanic was fired. The rest left."

​The captains voice lowered.

​"So... You say somethin's goin' down?"

Blitz had been sitting waiting for his drink when he got the sense of a force type user was getting close and sure enough he heard a voice from his right ask him about his armor a name and for a handshake.

Blitz thought why not chat for a bit while his drone did the main work.

He'd give the Padawan a firm formal handshake.

"The pleasures mine Mrs.[member="Karren Trask"],and as for the armor its Mandalorian type I'm fairly sure,good against most blasters."

He would look over the padawan a bit thinking to himself 'Whats a padawan doing here?'

"And yes I am a Mercenary,names Blitz,Ex-Major Blitz."

He'd get abit closer and his voice would lower abit

"So whats a force using apprentice doing in a place like this..?"

He would wait for an answer while his drone continued to record audio the drone was fairly quite and fairly old every so often the drone made a small click maybe every 15 seconds or so it was barely audible over the club but for someone who's dealt with spy drones before it was semi apparent.

[member="Karren Trask"] / [member="Ghorua the Shark"] / [member="Xiann Syndulla"]

[member="TheNewUpgrade"]

She smirked and took another sip, again neutralizing the alcohol.

"Why can't a Jedi be here? Y'know this is Alliance Territory. So I was on a field trip and decided to pop into the hive of the scum. See what the cats are dragging in. Collect a bit of intel on the players underneath the Alliances noses."

She left out the part about blackmailing folks or twisting arms for favors later. But she had an inkling that the Mandalorian armored man could be a useful contact.

"So Ex Major Blitz, I already pegged your little droid there the second you entered. No don't glance over."

She smirked again.

"The more you stare the more you give it away. Who else and where else are you collecting? We can trade, if it's a mutual interest."

She gave a sincere apologetic look to the captain, "That is most unfortunate, as for what is going down, you rarely see a Jedi in a night club, and that massive shark, he is a very well known bounty hunter, in addition that Mando who walked in, it does not take a genuine to relies something is going on". She took another sip from her drink, continuing to move closer.

"In my line of work anything is worth money, and information is quite high on the list, even if its just about what could happen, what will happen or what has happened, people will want to know, and if people want to know, people will be willing to buy, I hope that answers your question". It was pretty clear the Jedi had different motive other then having a good time, and the new bounty hunter most likely had a bone to pick with some one in the bar, it was just a matter of recording the evens and selling the information or a high bidder.

[member="Captain Ironbeard"]

Blitz smirked under his helmet,this Padawan kinda reminded him of a younger him she had that kinda con-man blackmail vibe to her obviously she gave off that she wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty just by how she acted alone,he kinda liked her.

"Ah sorry lass but info for info isn't really gonna be avialible here because i guarantee my contractor has a much higher pay out then your info can get for me,besids even though your a padawan why dont i feel like your exactly the most clean the light has to offer~?" He'd say a little sarcastically

With the way she speaks and acts and how observant she is she'd make a good bounty hunter...and then blitz got an idea.

"Hey Kid you ever think of not being a Jedi? i mean from how you hold yourself and handle conversation you seem or at least act pretty tough and in the know,so why not be a Merc or a bounty huh? come on dip your feet into the water play with the big fish and make some real money,right?"

He'd be facing the Padawan

"I'll make ya a deal,ill tell you my info and hook you up with a sweet connection if you do one little thing,join me for a job or two,see how the other half lives without peace huh? make a real living? That's my offer."

His drink had never come.

"Oi where's my drink at?" He'd say to the bartender closest to him.

Then re-direct the attention to the Padawan

"Well?"

The droid continued recording audio.

Captain Ironbeard

Money - People - Rum
[member="Vettu'honi'oazi"]
The captain sits, and does nothing. Once again, his datapad makes a noise, and he smiles, putting it back down again. He then continues to watch the situation, hoping not to get into it.
He was unarmed at the time.

Roger Dodger finally made it to the entrance of the interesting looking Club, the lights easily shining out like a beacon. Dodger had obtained knowledge that the underworld of Coruscant might be a great place to get some kill missions for good money. Even a B1 battle droid has ambitions! Plus it costs for repairs and charges, it was not like people sympathised with the battle droids.

The dream was quickly cut short as the gatekeeper droid got all up in Dodger's business and asked for a password. Needless to say, Dodger was stumped.

"What is the password... Uumm..?" The Battle Droid looked around for answers from someone but got absolutely nothing, eventually clenching a metal fist just before pointing threateningly to the questioner. "I don't need to answer to you, eyeball! You're just a gatekeeper droid!"

Dodger soon stormed off in a fit of rage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom