Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Welcome Home

Half of the table conducted itself properly, using utensils with their meal. The other half consumed their pancakes with the chaotic energy of an untamed goblin horde.

Kahlil and Aris didn't seem bothered by this divide. Cora clearly did, knife and fork pausing as she took in the alien sight of Valery and Vera eating with their hands. Pancakes were not finger foods.

A brief shake of her head reminded her to erase the shock from her face. "Lula is indeed capable of listening." She agreed with Aris, careful on how to word her statement. Listening was different that obeying. "Though she tends to follow her nose more than her ears."

The mention of the triplets had her smiling through another bite. "Oh, I bet they've grown so much! Being an older sibling is a big responsibility, but I'm sure that you two are doing wonderfully."

Siblings. The energy drained from her smile as Cora thought of her own family - the one she'd left behind on Ukatis. Father had not come to see her when she'd been imprisoned, and she could not blame him; she was a black mark on the reputation of the Ascania family. More than superficial, status was vital for the livelihood of an aristocratic house.

Cora continued to eat at a steady pace, much quieter now. The differences between the vibrant Noble household and the bleak life full of decorum and duty she'd lead until less than a day ago were suddenly bearing down on her.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

5d10c491dce6d23d51dd41462e76f777--block-party-environment-design.jpg

Noble Home
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Vera and Valery were completely oblivious to any judging that may have happened over the proper way of eating pancakes. This was the family meal, so they were enjoying it and only looking up occasionally to listen to the conversation. Aris commented something about Cora's racyon, but it was only after Cora mentioned her listening to her nose that Vera perked up with a huge grin on her face.

"We can tell," she said flatly before digging right back in.

"They're doing fantastic. Triplets are... not easy to handle, but Vera and Aris are very good at helping," she smiled lovingly at her two kids and wiped some syrup off of her hands with a napkin. Vera... very much did not clean her hands, and continued to eat like a goblin. But she was the best goblin, so Valery loved to see it, and she knew Kahlil did too.

In a way.

But even though they were all enjoying their food, Valery did notice a more somber atmosphere around Cora after they had talked about the little ones. She glanced over at her, then to Kahlil to make sure he was aware of it too, and then turned back to Cora. She reached out, placing a hand on her shoulder, and offered a smile.

"We're happy to have you here with us, Cora." There was a lot more she wanted to say to reassure her, but surrounded by the whole family didn't really feel like the best moment to do that.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil watched her for a moment before taking another bite of his pancakes. He knew what was going through her head. It was the same emotion that had brought her to the terrible state they'd found her in. Loyalty to ones family, no matter what. He didn't have anything he could say for this. While he understood her love for her siblings, it was her parents who sold her. There was no denying that fact.

But talking about that was just rubbing salt in an all too fresh, deep wound.

So he smiled and nodded his agreement with Valery. Aris though watched them all before finishing his bite and gently lowered his fork.

"What has you so sad Cora? They might eat like uncivilized folk sometimes, but they will listen to your problems and they will help. All of us will. So you can speak freely if you wish."

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Valery's comforting hand, and the words she and Aris gently offered, had startled Cora. Not aggressively so - but she hadn't realized that she'd been exuding a more somber energy.

"Oh," Her smile was distant, and she fell into a thoughtful silence while searching for the words. Sending Cora's distress, Lula climbed into her lap, dragging the pancake along with her.

Valery and Kahlil understood, more viscerally, what she'd been through. They'd be able to connect the dots through the depth of her suffering. As astute and insightful as Vera and Aris were, they were still quite young and some of the details of Cora's situation were not appropriate for children.

"I am very happy to be here." She assured the younglings, before shifting her gaze to their parents, then back again. How to explain what she was feeling…?

"I had a very large family on Ukatis, where I came from. I had to leave them behind, so I am missing them quite dearly."

Picking up her fork, Cora paused. Her other hand pressed gently against the soft fur of Lula's back.

"But you all have shown me such kindness and acceptance. I'm quite lucky."

Noble Home
div-orange.png

"It's okay to miss family," Vera said with a big nod, choosing to ignore that Aris had called her uncivilized for now. "If Mommy and Daddy leave for missions, I miss them too. But they always come back," she said, understanding that Cora wasn't really going to go back home to see them. Vera knew what that was like from the years she had gone through life without her father.

"Even when you think you might not see them again, you still might." It had been like that for her dad, so why couldn't Cora see her own family again? If not now, maybe in the future.

Valery just watched Vera with a proud smile, then turned to Cora, "She's right, and you'll always be welcome here too. We're lucky to have you here," she said, and it was quite the understatement, considering how close she had been to execution. She really was relieved that her Padawan was still around.

But now that the more somber topic had been discussed, Vera decided to brighten up the mood again. Her brother had called her uncivilized, so maybe he needed to be taught a lesson. With her fork, she pricked into some syrup to get it nice and wet. She then held it up between her face and Aris', quickly pulled back on the three ends of the fork to coil it up like a spring, and let go.

Drops of syrup were launched right at him, while Vera just grinned wide.

"Enjoy the syrup!"

<...She has that from you,> Valery told her husband while she watched with widened eyes.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Can they not come to you?"

Aris canted his head to the side, pausing his eating entirely to watch Corazona. But, he didn't get to continue his line of questioning, for instead he was drawn into a new confrontation with his sister. He slowly turned his gaze to regard Vera with a slight frown on his face. He could already see what she was planning to do. He opened his mouth, fully prepared to tell her not to. They had a guest here, they were supposed to be more behaved.

Too late. He was splattered with syrup, which just had him frown further. He took a deep breath as he reached down to take up a napkin to clean off his face.

"You've declared war, dear sister. I hope you're prepared for what comes next."

Kahlil did his best not to just burst out into laughter before flashing a grin towards Valery.

"That is absolutely from you, Valery."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Cora could only smile somberly, canting her head to the side in thanks. She had not been around for Kahlil's death, but had been made aware of that dark time in the Noble household; still, it was unimaginable. Cora didn't know how she would have felt if she'd been in Valery or Vera's shoes. She didn't even know how she felt now.

"They cannot." She admitted to Aris' question. "At least, not for some time."

Father hadn't even visited her when she'd been imprisoned, yet his silence spoke volumes. He'd likely instructed her siblings not to contact her, or perhaps had her stricken from the family record entirely.

It hurt, but Cora understood the reality of the situation. Hr actions could be costly to her family. Marcel had the futures of seven other children and his subjects to think about.

Vera's act of war pulled Cora right out of her somber thoughts, and she clasped a hand over her mouth to stifle a sudden laugh. Her eyes crinkled at the corners as poor Aris found himself on the receiving end of a syrupy attack.

"O-oh my." She cleared her throat into her hand before reaching for her fork and continuing her meal.

Lula sensed an opportunity and leaped onto the table. Bounding across the surface, she assaulted Aris' syrup covered face with a flurry of licks.

Noble Home
div-orange.png

"You've declared war, dear sister. I hope you're prepared for what comes next."

Vera looked at him with a grin, totally ready for this war to escalate... and it did! She watched with widened eyes as Lula got up on the table and rushed over to lick the syrup off of Aris' face. "Hah! I'm prepared for this!" she giggle-snorted, so loud that her sides were starting to hurt from laughter. Much like her, Valery couldn't stop herself from laughing either, even if she felt a little bad for her son.

"I think you missed a spot, Lula!" Vera added with another giggle.

"That is absolutely from you, Valery."

Valery narrowed her eyes at Kahlil and huffed, before picking up a small piece of fruit and chugging it at his face. She didn't care that she was proving his point. He needed to be taught a lesson as well.

"We uh, aren't usually like this, Cora," Valery then added with a sheepish smile.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh, no, we're usually like this."

Kahlil just smiled rather smugly as he watched Valery try to shyly explain otherwise. Oh yes, if he had a chance to tease her in front of her Padawan, he absolutely would. Especially if it got Cora to smile instead of dwelling on the sadder topics Aris had decided to bring up.

Who was, currently, staring at Lula with a disapproving frown. He reached up after a moment to gently take her face and just slowwwwly push her down with that ridiculous strength he possessed. "This is most unbecoming of a Lady of your station, Lula the Second. We do not stand on the table, even in open warfare. We are not anim- Well, you understand."

"We uh, aren't usually like this, Cora,"

"Mhmm."

Cora could only murmur knowingly from behind the rim of her glass as she took a prolonged drink of water. The quirked brow in Valery's direction was a subtle signal that she agreed wholeheartedly with Kahlil.

Once again, Aris' proper mannerisms when it came to dealing with the unruly Lula had tickled her. Rising from her seat, Cora reached for the racyon who didn't seem deterred by the hand attempting to block her.

"Come now, young lady, that's quite enough of that. Aris is right; you've poor table manners."

Cradling Lula like a baby, Cora headed to the refresher to wash the sticky mess from her muzzle and paws.

Noble Home
div-orange.png

Valery pouted just a little, and slowly raised her glass up to her lips while her eyes narrowed at her husband. She knew exactly what he was doing, calling her out like this in front of her own Padawan. He always loved to tease his poor wife, but she was going to get him back for this.

...probably...hopefully.

"Mhm, I'll remember this," Valery said with a smirk growing on her lips, before she returned to her food. Only to look up again when Lula didn't seem to really stop, and Aris had to be even more stern. Cora was quick to step in as well, and picked up her Racyon before leaving for the refresher.

Vera hummed, and while still covered in syrup, hopped off her chair and ran after Cora. "Cora?" she asked. "Are you going to stay long with us? I like it when you're here," she said while she watched the young woman who had been like a big sister clean up the mess that was Lula II.

"Hey sweetie?" Valery asked Aris with a smile, "Is there anything you'd like for dessert? Or do you want to go back to playing?" Or whatever he had been up to, really. She wanted the kids to just have a good time now that Cora was finally back.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Pancakes are already a desert."

No longer hounded, Aris returned to his attempt at war, instead looking towards his sister with the full intent of lashing out finally. Though, that moment never came. Instead he just smiled softly, looked back to his own plate. She seemed to really like Cora being here, and even as young as he was he wasn't about to ruin that moment. So, he focused on Valery, smiling softly.

"But I won't say no to hot cocoa."

Lula tilted her snout this way and that as Cora scrubbed the syrup from her fur with a sigh.

"Honestly, Lula…"

The sound of little footsteps had her turning towards Vera. Canting her head to the side as she rinsed the racyon's paws, Cora's mind tried to catch up with everything that had happened in such a short span. It made her chest tighten, but the burden eased a bit with an exhale.

"I'm not sure." She answered honestly, gently while releasing Lula from her grasp. The racyon shook her fur, rolls jiggling, and padded off to find a cozy spot to sleep. Meanwhile, Cora ran a fresh cloth under the water and stopped down to wipe at the syrupy mess on Vera's face.

"I'll have to talk to your mom and dad."

Overnight, her world had shifted drastically. Cora couldn't ignore that, but she didn't exactly know how to deal with it, either.

"But I'll spend the night, at least. And someone will have to give me a tour of the house, I suppose…" She trailed with a faint smile.

Noble Home
div-orange.png

Vera stood still and looked at Cora with big, careful eyes while she cleaned up Lula. But as cute as the Racyon was, Vera wasn't focused on her at all this time. She could tell that Cora had a lot on her mind, and even as she helped clean the syrup off of Vera's face, the young Noble was just silently looking at her. For as chaotic as Vera was, the most important thing to her was always the happiness of her family, and well, Cora was just that.

Family.

So after Cora had finished speaking, Vera stepped forward and wrapped her little arms around Cora, as tightly as she could. Her fingers dug in a little, trying not to hurt, but just keep her close. "Please don't go, Cora," she pleaded. "Mommy and Daddy will let you stay, and you're hurt..." Perhaps a bit blunt, but she had never been one to sugarcoat anything.

"We want you to be happy."

"Pancakes are already a desert."

Valery snickered at that, and appreciated that Aris let his sister go for now. They'd have their war soon, but helping Cora was family priority number one right now.

"Hey love? Could you check on Vera and Cora? I'll go make some hot cocoa with whipped cream. For all of us." She stood up, offered Aris a hand, and guided him to the kitchen. That way he'd be able to look or help, and he'd be the first one to get a cup of his favorite hot cocoa.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No, I'm gonna do some dishes. Knowing Vera, she's probably seen something she might want to talk to Cora about." There wasn't a reason for him to go check on them, not yet anyway. Vera was already quite good at knowing how to speak with people, after all. So Kahlil got up to gather the dishes to clean them and get them put away. Dishes always needed to be cleaned after use.

Aris though happily followed after Valery, nodding his head as he took Valery's hand. "I'll help."

There had always been something about Vera, something that Cora couldn't quite put her finger on. Strange wasn't the word. Otherworldly didn't fit either. She had a sort of…childlike wisdom about her. Cora didn't know if there was a word to describe it, exactly.

She'd been wiping the syrup from Vera's cheeks when the girl hugged her, then sensation causing her hand to still and her body to stiffen. It occurred to Cora only now just how long it had been since she'd last felt an embrace.

"I'll…I'll stay."

Setting the cloth down, Cora wrapped her arms around Vera's smaller body and squeezed gently. Happiness had been fleeing on Ukatis, found in the small moments in between suffering. The blazing orange glow of a sunset. The first delicate buds that dotted the countryside in springtime. The laughter of peasant children as they'd ran past while she was visiting one of Ukatis' many rural provinces. Cora didn't know how to be happy again, and she didn't want to disappoint those who'd put in so much effort to help her.

She squeezed a little tighter, one hand rubbing Vera's back soothingly. "This means more to me than you'll all ever know." She murmured before pulling away and letting her hands slide down to either of Vera's shoulders.

"The pancakes have made me quite sleepy. Would you be able to show me to my room?"

Cora smiled, somber and tired.

Noble Home
div-orange.png

"Dishes, hm?" She smirked. "Alright, score your brownie points," she teased him before she turned away... just for Aris to be standing there, looking up at her. He wanted his cocoa, she could tell, and he wanted to help? Valery happily took his hand and walked over to the kitchen to make him a fresh cup.

She'd make one for Vera and Cora too, just to be safe.

"Aris, can you get a cup to your sister? I think she'd like that very much. I thought I heard them moving upstairs."

"I'm glad you're staying, Cora," Vera said as the two hugged each other, and Cora's soft words of gratitude brought a smile to the little Noble's lips. It was important to Vera that Cora would start feeling better again, and an important part of that was being around people who cared about her.

Mom and Dad certainly did, and Vera loved her like a sister.

"I can show you!" she exclaimed before taking Cora's hand, and bringing her upstairs. The guest rooms were as big as the regular bedrooms for the kids, but just lacked that personal touch. Still, Vera had moved over some plushies and even hung up a couple of drawings on the wall. Several of which included her and Cora playing or training together.

"My room is on the other side of the hallway, so if you get scared tonight, I can help," she then added with a bright smile. Vera knew Cora probably wouldn't need her help, and her parents were better at chasing away monsters and nightmares, but if Cora needed her, Vera would be there.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"When do I not?" Kahlil gave a rather smug smirk before he focused on doing the dishes. Which amounted to rinsing them off and putting them in what was probably a sonic dishwasher knowing the amount of money the Nobles had.

Aris though nodded once as he took the extra cup. Sipped at his own first before turning to head upstairs to bring Vera her own little cup of cocoa. He paused near the top of the stairs though, just listening out to make sure he wasn't about to intrude on some moment. Then cleared his throat.

"Vera? I have hot cocoa for you."

The door opened to a pleasant, tidy room. The stuffed animals were a surprise - as were the drawings, but Cora was careful to look over them in detail as she stepped closer.

She raised a brow at the crayon-drawn image of her and Vera, smiling as they held their lightsabers above the decapitated head of what appeared to be a Sith Lord. He was clearly dead, given the way his tongue stuck out and a pair of Xs where his eyes should be.

After the surprise, Cora smiled, amused. She turned towards the young Noble and placed a hand atop her head, stroking her hair gently.

"Thank you, Vera. I can tell that you put a lot of thought into the decor. I'm lucky to have so many guardians against bad dreams." Gesturing to the plushies, her expression warmed, then further still when Aris ascended the stairs with a mug of hot cocoa for his sister.

Noting how he lingered near the door, Cora motioned for him to enter if he wished.

"You two look after eachother, don't you? That's good. It's what brothers and sisters are supposed to do."

Noble Home
div-orange.png

"I'm glad that you like it," Vera said with a warm smile while her hair was being ruffled. "But if you end up scared anyway, you can come to my room and I'll help you." Deep down, Vera knew that Cora was older and likely didn't need her help at all, but she had promised her parents to protect her siblings, and Cora was just about as close to one as she could be. So as long as she stayed at the Noble's house, she'd fall under Vera's protection too.

Just like Aris and the triplets.

The sound of the former's footsteps pulled Vera's gaze back, and she hopped a little at the offer for hot cocoa, "I'd like a cup!" she exclaimed before wobbling over to accept it. With the cup between her palms, she then turned back to Cora and grinned, "Mhm, we always will!"

"Right, Aris?"

While the kids were upstairs, Valery made her way back over to Kahlil and stepped up behind him to wrap her arms around his waist. She then rested her head against his back and kept him locked down in her grip with a wide grin on her face, "Cora is going to need some time to move forward, but I think we're making good steps, hm?"

"The kids love her too."

She began to lean a little more into him and sighed, "You want to come to bed too? Or just cuddling on the couch a while longer?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom