Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Aboard -- Journey to the Centre of the Galaxy

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
Immediate Allies: [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]
Crew Members:
@D'vok Windroamer
@Itutha
[member="Ay Ge"]
[member="Ronin Naara"]
[member="Zaimur Saxon"]
[member="Kit Caraway"]
[member="Noah Corek"]
[member="Zai Avery"]
[member="Kerx Zyron"]ash Mecetti
[member="Arutha"]
Equipment:
"Deep Fryer" Rifle
P-23 Pistol
Ballistic Knife

Tempest gave a small nod to Terrani after she had spoken about their mission. So it was simple...too simple if you asked him. Tempest couldn't help but feel a clawing at the back of his mind like something was being kept secret from him though he didn't want to push the subject. Her security clearance was higher than his, obviously...she probably was told just a little information about the mission like him as well, if not a little more. Though, it would be best as to not push the subject anymore. Tempest began following him into the bar, his eyes scanning around quickly as to ensure that they weren't being followed. Temp wasn't one surprises, as the few times he had been surprised had previously ended in bloodshed. Yes, he had only been surprised once and that was in the field. Tempest still felt as though that ambush had been his fault, even though he had been told multiple times that it wasn't his fault at all. Though, he still felt responsible for all of those dead troopers who had been under his command.

Tempest was thrown from his thoughts once he felt the gentle hand of Terrani on his shoulder. His eyes drifted from her hand to her face, his eyes full of confusion and some worry. At first, he had thought something had happened, though that worry was quickly diminished as she began to talk once more to him. So...their could, no there would be rebels here...members of the conniving Galactic Alliance who worked in the shadows. That's not what Temp needed, least of all on an undercover mission. He didn't even like the thought of joining up with a few rebels, he despised the idea of doing it at all. He hated the rebels with a passion, and for good reason as well. Though, he wouldn't think about that now. He didn't to act 'friend' with these rebels, at least for the time being. "Okay, I won't shoot anyone...I'll try to anyways. Just fair warning if I get pissed off, I might attack someone." Tempest spoke calmly yet with sincerity in his voice. He then walked inside before walking behind the doctor after she was inside, his eyes glazing over the people. Great, social interaction. Not one of his specialties.

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
Kerx sat down and signaled the waiter with a wave of his cybernetic hand. There it was again. He wanted to waiter to fear him because he was a cyborg. Maybe if he did he could get a higher quality drink that the normal people at this establishment. The waiter was dressed in a clean looking suit and held a silver tray high with his left hand and a napkin over his right shoulder. He came close to Kerx and talked fancy to the hunter.

"How shall I serve you... hunter?"

Could the old man really tell that Kerx was a bounty hunter? He must have been here a long time to recognize someone like that. After all, there were trillions upon trillions of beings who might looks similar to Kerx.

"Ya, lemme get a glass of Ithorian Mist? That'd be it for me."

He did not look to the waiter as he spoke. Half of his focus was on everyone in the group. There were definitely a lot of people at least for the hunter. He captured glimpses of everyone with his cybernetic eye, trying not to draw any attention himself. The waiter came back with his drink.

"Please, go easy with the alcohol, sir. I don't want to cleanup after a fight or anything of that nature!"

Kerx looked to the waiter and growled.

"Then for your sake, you better get out of my face old man before I blast you in between the eyes!"

The waiter have a gasp and walked away fretfully. The bounty hunter took a drink of his Mist and damn did it taste good.

@D'vok Windroamer
[member="Arutha"]
[member="Ay Ge"]
[member="Ronin Naara"]
[member="Zaimur Saxon"]
[member="Kit Caraway"]
[member="Noah Corek"]
[member="Zai Avery"]
[member="Arutha"]​

Ronin continued exchanging small talk with his to be crewmates, making mental notes as he did so. To most observers, he would have appeared completely relaxed, though since Ronin had spent most of his life talking his way around Corellia, what he looked like on the outside didn't mean much. His friends would have noticed that he wasn't drinking at all, which was not like him at all. Any friend of his would have known that the only time he wouldn't drink was when he needed his mind in perfect condition. Usually for a fight or incredibly difficult flying. Ronin wasn't planning on flying today, but he was prepared for a fight. He didn't know most of these people, and the ones he did know he did not know that well, although their presence did put him slightly at ease. Still, with this many people from as many actions in one place, a fight was always possible, and he wasn't going to die because he didn't think about that.

He doubted one would happen though. Kit would certainly not have it, and Ronin would prefer for one to be avoided as well, presumably most of the others held the same opinion. Ronin finished looking over everyone, and decided that a fight would definitely not be happening. He relaxed.

Then He turned his head towards Kit. "Say, Kit, how big is the ship? Does it have a hangar?"

Kit smiled as chatter began between the new crew. This was good. Any opportunity for the group to bond and get to know each other was welcome, as before long they would be trapped in isolation, with only each other as company. The more time taken for them to get used to each other, the better. That's the main reason the best spacers were tight-knit crews, or family groups. In a hostile environment, trust goes a long way. The scrape of a chair sounded next to her, and she turned as [member="Zaimur Saxon"] introduced himself.

"Mr Saxon! It's such a pleasure to see a familiar face from the Council. I trust the journey has treated you well?" Zaimur was a talented slicer. A highly sought after skill if you were trying to rob a secure stronghold, but much more niche on a job like this. Nevertheless, he would be a worthy addition to the team. While data-keeping wasn't a thrilling role, it would be good to have someone qualified in the position, instead of some semi-educated space jockey.

Soon, her attention was drawn away from the slicer, and to the final two members of her crew, arriving a few minutes after the others. These were the First Order's representatives. A doctor and a soldier from one of the most powerful and isolationist empires in the Galaxy, and the sworn enemies of many of the crew that were already assembled around the table. Everyone had promised that their political allegiances would be left at the door, but Kit feared in her gut that things were about to get ugly.

As the doctor and her guard stepped through the door, Kit stood up, crossing the distance to meet them. Brushing a loose lock of hair behind her ear, she held out a calloused hand in greeting. "Dr Terrani, FN-2826, you're just in time. Take a seat and we'll begin. Would you like anything to drink?"

Without waiting for a response, she waved over one of the waitstaff. "A round of vineberry punch, if you don't mind. On my tab of course." The man nodded curtly, spinning on his heel as he walked briskly to the kitchen. "Now..." Said Kit, turning around to face [member="Ronin Naara"]. "Ah right, Mr Naara, I'm afraid I can't tell you much about the ship, only that it'll be big enough to fit us all quite comfortably. I'm not sure about a hangar, but if you need to store a ship I can arrange for the council to provide you with something, at no cost to you."

Crew Manifest
[member="Zai Avery"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Kit Caraway"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Noah Corek"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Arutha"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Ay Ge"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Itash Mecetti"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Ronin Naara"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Zaimur Saxon"] -- Healthy
-
[member="FN-2826"], "Tempest" -- Healthy
-
[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] -- Healthy
-
[member="D'vok Windroamer"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Kerx Zyron"] -- Healthy

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Zai browsed the menu, wincing at the price of the meals advertised. He mentally calculated his remaining funds after a decent meal, finding the new amount distressingly low. He gazed across the room, taking note of the bounty hunters and, of course, the newly arrived representatives from the First Order. With such a high risk, he decided that if this was to be his last meal, he wanted it to be good. He snagged the waiter that had just served Kerx Zyron, and ordered a creamy pasta dish he'd only tried once before.

"Right. So how is everyone?" [member="D'vok Windroamer"] asked.

Zai turned, surprised. "I'm good, thanks, but I'll be better with some delicious food". Oh boy, he was looking forward to his meal. Hopefully their ship would have an onboard kitchen, he hated eating MREs. "You better be careful getting to know us so soon. We'll be spending a lot of time together, and eventually we'll be sick of each other". He paused to nick a piece of bread off a waitress's plate while she wasn't looking. Munching on it, he added: "Mind you, I'll be in the back of the ship, with my head stuck in an engine for most of the trip. So it is okay to talk to me, I guess." He finished his little snack with relish. "I'm Zai Avery: Engineer, Kid and all 'round trouble maker". He gave a small grin and a wink.

Noticing that the newcomers were seated relatively close to him, he struck up a conversation. "[member="FN-2826"] was it? You must be from the First Order. That means I have one thing to say to you..." he said, his face serious. "Welcome aboard!" He stuck out his hand to shake. "I like your scar, I have a collection of my own" he traced the three scars across his face and wiggled his fingers to show a countless number of cuts and calluses.

He did some rounds, to male sure the rest of the crew knew him, and that he was the engineer. Therefore, they would know who to approach for ship faults (or so they could complain about his presence early on). [member="Itash Mecetti"] seemed a bit stiff while talking to Zai, perhaps the man thought he was a street urchin who had fooled [member="Kit Caraway"] into hiring him (was the truth really that far off?). [member="Arutha"] responded the same, but mostly because he looked like he couldn't be bothered talking.

[member="Ay Ge"] unnerved him, with her cold, calculated stare. He was also pretty sure she posted to his bounty, but he wasn't sure if she recognised him. [member="Noah Corek"] was polite, despite his grizzled, hardened look. [member="Zaimur Saxon"], [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"], [member="Ronin Naara"] all greeted him amicably and he suspected he would get along well with them. [member="Kerx Zyron"] said little, and was clearly trying to be intimidating. Zai held an unimpressed look upon his face but was actually a little unnerved by the man. Could just be his profession however, he didn't really like hunters.

He settled back into his seat next to D'vok. He noticed, with delight, that his food had arrived, He dug into it with the fervor usually reserved to those who had been starving for days. For the first time in a long while, he felt relaxed. He felt happy.

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
Aes'ona accepted [member="Kit Caraway"]'s hand and shook it with a smile. "Thank you for having us." When the captian then answered her own question by calling out an order of drink, she was a little taken aback. I guess we've having that.

Once seated, she overhead [member="Zai Avery"]'s comment to @D'vok Windroamer, and judged it to be fairly accurate. It was, after all, would most likely prove something of a challenge to keep such a ragtag group together for what she suspected could be months on end.

Therefore, she opted not to introduce herself, unless she was spoken to first. There would be plenty of time to get to know her knew crew, but hopefully outside of the medbay.

With everyone observed and processed Ay had not more use to talk with anyone, least she herself ad something important to say or was spoken to directly, the first person that she had to respond to was [member="Kerx Zyron"] and his earlier question. "I am operating at maximum capacity at the moment with 100% physical heath... in other words 'I am doing fine... how are you'? A mild attempt to sound more causal, but she was unsure if it worked, though able to understand voice modulation and what people mean when they use slang, she was unable to re perform the actions herself.

As for an alcohol, there was nothing to indicate any possible danger if kept in moderation, her body made slightly to resist certain drugs, meaning depressant would have a lesser effect on the, 'never drunk in her life' girl. "Statement, I will partake in you social event of drinking", she remarked once again raising her hand to make sure her words where heard. In the meantime she would return to just sitting quietly, not bothering with anyone else unless approached, though keeping an ear out for others present at the table, [member="Zai Avery"] response to [member="FN-2826"] seeming like something out of a comedy show but it was the look the boy gave Ay that seemed off.

Did Zai perceive her as a threat? true she was an assassin and had seen the bounty of the boy, but Ay had not wanted to participate in the hunt. Was it possible h was confusing her with Formorta, the masked assassin? Ay hoped people did not the two mixed up often that would be bad for her 'try to stay unnoticed act'. Regardless it was of no importance to her, she was here to do a job, past events and could be's were of no interest as of now.

[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] / [member="Ronin Naara"] / [member="Kit Caraway"]

Ronin was surprised that he didn't sigh in relief when Kit said his starfighter could be stored for free. One less thing to worry about, and now he was in a much better mood.

Ronin looked at [member="Zai Avery"] and smiled. "Zai Avery, you said? I like you Zai. I think we'll get along quite nicely." He truly meant it. The man either had a wonderful personality, or was good at faking it, and Ronin would have been okay with either of those outcomes. Either way, engineers were useful as all hell, so he figured they'd end up friends quick.

[member="D'vok Windroamer"] didn't seem like anything special, just a pilot and not much else. OOC:Dude get a bio

[member="Kit Caraway"], their expedition head. Ronin had no doubts as to her capabilities. Kit had funding for this expedition, and people who provided funds often went to great lengths to ensure that they were making a good investment.

[member="Itash Mecetti"] and [member="Noah Corek"] seemed like the type of people who would make reliable friends and bad foes. They both carried an air of confidence and self assuredness not unlike himself. Noah was certainly good at what he did, the older ones always were. Perhaps the same with Itash, but Ronin couldn't tell how much of Itash's confidence was earned and how much was conjured. Still, it seemed like the man's personality would make up for the rest.

Ronin remembered little about [member="Kerx Zyron"] from the failed mission incident, but apparently the man was a bounty hunter. Ronin never would have guessed he was more than an ordinary spacer, but he had learned to trust waiters instincts. While he like to pretend hanging out in cantinas was his job, for them it really was, and they got damned good at knowing what was coming through that door.

[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] and [member="FN-2826"] were already annoying Ronin. They were both from the First Order and made little effort to hide their shared origin. Kit had said that they were abandoning their allegiances temporarily while on this expedition, and some tight up FO doctor and her power-tripping puppy stormtrooper weren't what neutrality looked like. He didn't really know anything about the FO, at least anything grounded in reliable fact, so he refrained from holding an opinion on it, but judging from these two and the name, he was leaning towards regarding it as a band of stuck up pricks.

[member="Zaimur Saxon"] would hopefully teach him sum stuff, and it was nice to have someone who knew how to handle data onboard. He didn't know much at all about [member="Arutha"], and he wasn't entirely sure there was much there for him to care about but Ronin would keep tabs on him anyways.

[member="Ay Ge"]. Ronin sighed in his head. He could tell that many of those assembled were wary of her, and some of those those who appeared not to be were probably just hiding it well. He knew Ay Ge from the failed mission incident as well. He would best summarize her as an introverted business only melee savant. Hmm. The introverted business blademaster and the socialite casual gunsman. That was a rather interest-- no, anyways, he wanted to get to know her better over the course of this journey. He certainly didn't fear her. Some people lived off of other people's deaths. That was a fact and it was acceptable. Ronin was quite frankly okay with anyone, traitors, murderers, politicians, farmers-- all styles of living. The only thing that he did not approve of was those who controlled others, who bent the beautiful free will of others and distorted it, forcing it to help build whatever twisted machinations that they conspired to. Those who enslaved others were true scum.

Anyways, Ronin had a more pressing issue at hand. He moved next to where Ay Ge was sitting, and spoke so that presumably only she could hear him:
"Ay? You're trying to be amiable, correct? Let me give you a few pointers; If you think of a more normal way to say something, say only that. Leave out the formal bit. And don't say what kind of sentence you are going to say in the beginning of the sentence, just say it. When you wanna join someone for a drink, try to say something like this, alright:" Ronin raised his voice so everyone at the table could hear him.

"Hey, Zai, pass me a glass, wouldya? A full one mind you!"

He turned back to Ay. "And if you want to start a mental list of words you should usually avoid in casual conversation, let me help get you started off with amiable, partake, and the phrase 'social event of drinking'. Oh, and since you brought it up, I'm doing quite fine as well." Ronin took a sip from his new mug. He would drink, but he was going to stop at the mild buzz phase.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@Zai Avery-@Kit Caraway-@Arutha -@Ay Ge-@Itash Mecetti-@Ronin Naara-@Zaimur Saxon-@FN-2826-@Dr. Aes'ona Terrani-@D'vok Windroamer -@Kerx Zyron

Noah took a drink from his pint and his eyes began to roam over the group again and he smiled though that smile was wiped away almost instantly as the two First Order members walked into the bar, of course the obligatory spit at their feet was enacted. Noah was dressed like your standard Omega Pyre contractor, tactical shirt and pants in the standard digital grey and black that had come synonymous with them. Secured on his right thigh was a drop holster and inside that holster was one of his sidearms while the other was secured in a shoulder holster.

Taking another sip from his pint Noah looked with disgust towards Kerx. "Didn't your mama ever teach you to respect your elders?" Noah asked before he threw an hundred credit chip to waiter as an apology for Kerx. "Names Noah Corek, Alliance Spec Ops, Omega Pyre PMC and general ladies man." Noah said with last bit half sarcastically before finishing off the rest of his ale. Noah then looked towards Itash and smiled at him when he mentioned Hekler'Kok. "Thank you mister Mecetti. I pride myself in making quality product."

As an experienced captain, Kit's ears were attuned to the mutterings of her crew. There were particular situations to which she paid careful attention, for they were the most dangerous. The first was any talk of mutiny, every captain's worst nightmare. This was followed closely by hostility between the members of the crew. While she understood that not everyone on this mission was going to like each other, outward hostility was an obvious precursor to conflict.

It was for this reason that Kit stepped between [member="Ronin Naara"] and [member="Ay Ge"]. She offered the strange girl a half-smile, before turning and giving Ronin the hairy eyeball. If he knew anything, he'd back off. There was no need to antagonize the other crew members, and judging by his choice of person to harass, the young Mr Naara was not as smart as he seemed. Hoping that the situation was somewhat defused, she turned back to the table and produced two glasses of vineberry punch, nodding her thanks to the waiter. "Here, try these, they're amazing." Shooting Ronin one last look of warning she turned back to face the table, right in time to see the next social disaster.

He'd. Spat. At. Them. Her eyes widened, nostrils flaring for a moment. She marched over to where [member="Noah Corek"] was now chatting to the bounty hunter, seemingly satisfied with his blatant disrespect for the doctor and her guard. She threw the pair a concerned glance, but decided to focus on the troublemaker first. Her blood boiled, but she contained it. Yanking Noah's shoulder so as to make him face her. "I'm not sure exactly what you think you're doing here, but that kind of attitude won't fly here, ladies man." She sucked in a deep breath, her gaze still levelled at the man's grizzled face. "Straighten up and fly right. I don't want to have to tell you again. Understand?" She stepped back, arms folded. Awaiting his affirmation.

Crew Manifest
[member="Zai Avery"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Kit Caraway"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Noah Corek"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Arutha"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Ay Ge"] -- Healthy
-
-
-
[member="Zaimur Saxon"] -- Healthy
-
[member="FN-2826"], "Tempest" -- Healthy
-
[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] -- Healthy
-
@D'vok Windroamer -- Healthy
-
[member="Kerx Zyron"] -- Healthy

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
Hearing the answer form [member="Ay Ge"], Kerx knew she didn't change that much. To be honest, had had met creatures far more complex in weird in their language then her. He took a sip of his Mist and looked over to [member="Noah Corek"]. Repesct your elders, hah. That was amusing to the hunter. He didn't care what this guy would say. He looked like he hadn't even seen the stuff Kerx had witnessed in his career of bounty hunting.

The Whispering Death shot a glance over at Noah and replied with no tone of hostility. He did not mean to reply angrily, but to hopefully give the man some good advice that would either make or break him.

"In this Galaxy, the old and the weak are doomed."

More Ithorian Mist ran down Kerx's throat as he took another drink. He laughed in his mind.

Respect your elders.

It reminded him of school. All of those teachers educating the importance of knowing your place even though there are nothing but two places in this world. The strong and the weak. That's all there was to it.

[member="Kit Caraway"]
[member="Arutha"]
[member="Itash Mecetti"]
[member="Ronin Naara"]
[member="Zaimur Saxon"]
[member="FN-2826"]
[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]
@D'vok Windroamer

Aes’ona stood from her seat and recoiled a bit from the bench when [member="Noah Corek"] spit at her and [member="FN-2826"]. She noticed [member="Kit Caraway"]'s concerned glance, and was thankful for it, but turned herself towards Tempest as the captain did towards Noah. The doctor shot the stormtrooper a pleading look, lowered her voice, and whispered, “It’s fine.” It reality, it was not, and she really did not mean to insinuate so, but she did mean that the outburst was not worth fighting over.

But it was short-lived, for she then lowered her gaze to her heeled boots and, raising one foot, scraped off the glob of saliva on the other’s rounded toe with the tread of the first.

Talk about starting off on the wrong foot, she thought with a gentle sigh. Between the Omega Pyre contractor and the sidelong looks from some, she was beginning to question why she had even expressed interest in this venture at all. Still others, like [member="Ronin Naara"], did not need to do anything to her to stoke the unwelcome feeling bubbling up in her throat. She set her jaw to stop the emotion for growing, and thickly swallowed it. She was willing to help anyone, but it was starting to seem like they may or may not be willing to accept it.

Itash was halfway through his nod, when Corek spat at two of their expedition.

Doctor Terrani and the stormtrooper.

That caused him to raise his eyebrow just an inch. He didn't truly care one way or another, but it did seem a touch gauche at an expedition that was meant for all of them to work in relative... harmony. He slowly pushed himself off his stool, strolling over to the conflict zone and Terrani most importantly. "Hey," A sip from his coffee, before offering her a smile of his own.

"Don't mind him. You were Doctor Terrani, yeah?" A glance over to the Captain and her diplomatic overtures. She was a tough one- didn't seem like she needed any help right now.

Good, good.

He'd rather not get his cuffs dirty on the first day of the trip.

"Glad we got a real Doctor with us, knitting your own cuts on the 'field gets old after a couple of times." The Tapani didn't offer any apologies or try to feel out how she was feeling. That was obvious enough without the Force tipping him off and something told him that reminding her wasn't gonna help her either. Instead he drew her attention away for the moment.

Let the 'cap do her thing, while he did his.

While drinking his caf too. Mm. Good caf. "Want me to get you some caf?"

[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] | [member="Noah Corek"] | [member="Kit Caraway"]​

Ronin was surprised by how quickly [member="Noah Corek"] had managed to lose his respect. And how quickly the members of the First Order had gained it. He still wasn't sure about the trooper, but the doctor was certainly not looking for trouble.

Ronin saw [member="Itash Mecetti"] 's reaction, and once he finished speaking, Rinin leaned towards him, as if he was trying to speak only to Itash. However, he spoke quite loudly, not obnoxiously so, but more than enough for everyone assembled to hear what he was saying.

"Say.., Itash.., you seem like quite the.. gentleman. Tell me, is it just me or would someone who considers themselves to be a ladies man try to avoid spitting at ladies? It just seems rather crude. Although I'm sure if a person like that did, in fact, preform such a vulgar action, I'm sure they would immediately apologize." Ronin shrugged. "I don't know. Just a thought."

He sat back down in his seat, taking care to not make eye contact with either Mr. Corek or [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]. He hadn't spoken it as a threat, merely just to make it quite clear much he disproved of Corek, and what the man could do to remedy the situation.

He reasonably sure that his captain would not be at all happy with how he had reacted to the situation, and while he did not want to cause her more frustration, he felt that this situation needed to be resolved. Everyone could reprimand Mr. Corek all they wanted, but the tension would remain until Mr Corek saw fit to apologize, and Dr. Terrani saw fit to forgive him.

Ronin turned back to [member="Ay Ge"] and [member="Zai Avery"], as if he had never reacted to Corek. He wasn't trying to make a scene out of the man's folly, just give him encouragement and opportunity to correct it. "Ay, why're you going on an exploration trip? I didn't think that was your thing."

OOC:
Some of you may have noticed that the important bits of Ronin's bio were being rewritten. These edits have now been finalized. I am sorry about the downtime, but Ronin is much better for it. His character was changed in the process, but I was writing Ronin as this changed final version since the start of this campaign.

Aes'ona glanced up at [member="Itash Mecetti"] once he greeted her. Her exact expression was complex, being some mix of the contorted brow of confusion; the ever-so-small flinch of a pacifist trying to make herself small, as not to be a target; and the lip-biting of a woman trying to keep herself together.

"Y-yes, tha-that's me," she stuttered as she returned a warm, grateful smile.

Itash Mecetti said:
"Glad we got a real Doctor with us, knitting your own cuts on the 'field gets old after a couple of times."
"Quite. Let's hope I won't have to stitch up anything, yeah? Caf would be lovely, thank you, Mister--" She trailed off, as she did not know his name, half-expecting an introduction. Right about now, she was kicking herself for not looking over the crew manifest more carefully on her transport here. Rather, she had opted to sleep for most of it, a plain necessity of her restless work over the few days prior.

She wanted to comment on [member="Ronin Naara"]'s thinly-veiled request for an apology from [member="Noah Corek"] on her behalf--something about not needing an apology, understanding the hostility, but requesting that he put it aside as she had--but she bit her tongue. The time for that was not now; she did not wish to make this worse.

[member="Ronin Naara"] | [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]

The situation was moving from surprising to... something else entirely.

Oh, Tash saw what Naara was doing and for what reason, but it seemed rather unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. It would certainly not make the expedition any easier for any of them. He shifted slightly, while offering his cup to Terrani so she had something to do with those fidgeting hands, while winking at Ronin. Back sheltering that from the rest of the crew.

"No need for that mister Naara. I am sure mister Corek simply is in a bad mood and needs some caf too." Then his hand extending to Terrani, once she trailed the last part of her sentence to coax a name out of him. "Ah, Lord Itash of House Mecetti, Doctor." If she placed her hand in his palm, he'd softly bring it up for a kiss according to Tapani tradition. If not? A shake would do just fine.

It was odd for him to... interact this way.

But the lie was pleasant on the tongue and that was all Itash needed to continue this charade. The polite nobleman, the maker of bridges, it was not a role that he particularly enjoyed all the time.

Right now? It was simply perfect.

"Where did study, if I may ask?" Guiding her further away from the nasty conversation, putting her at ease, it seemed the thing to do here. The kind thing. He even gestured with his hand for them to go sit back at the table, while this mess was being sorted out. No sense in keeping the pressure bottled up by hogging the bar while emotions were running high.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Zai Avery-Kit Caraway-Arutha -Ay Ge-Itash Mecetti-Ronin Naara-Zaimur Saxon-FN-2826-Dr. Aes'ona Terrani-D'vok Windroamer -Kerx Zyron

Noah chuckled, to most this situation wouldn't have been funny but to Noah it wasn't hilarious but slightly amusing. In truth Noah had meant no disrespect by what he did. His mother had always drilled being a gentleman into him, surprising because she was a Mandalorian, and taught him to respect people. Not even glancing at Kit after she had turned he stood and walked over to Dr. Terrani. "Dr. Terrani, my name is I'd like to apologize and explain myself." Noah said offering her his hand to shake.

"Now what I'm about to say may seem a bit odd. When I spit it was a test. Most of the Imperial's I know would have gone ballistic but not you. I respect that. By the way your Lorrdian right? Most people can't tell the difference but if you look at the body language and have a keen eye you can easily tell."

Zaimur was about to reply to [member="Kit Caraway"] when the whole 'spitting' fiasco happened before his eyes. The dark-skinned man scrunched up his face in disgust but was not deterred when he withdrew a rectangular tin from one of his coat pockets and opened it to reveal a neat arrangement of cigarillos, grasping one between his thumb and index finger before closing the tin and replacing it in his jacket. He positioned it between his lips and lit it up, knowing it was scentless but being sure not to blow smoke towards the woman next to him or anybody else.

"Now I'm not an expert on this whole Imps vs whatever-you-are situation, Mister Corek." The Saxon began, taking a puff and ejecting the small amount of smoke above him. "But I think it's a little inconsiderate of you to stereotype like that, you feel me? These First Order folks have their own ideology, as do we all, but we also left them at the starport. I'm not so sure about you." This time he took a drag, letting the rush of nicotine be felt throughout his body. He knew he was probably going to get in trouble for saying something, he always did, but it was worth a shot in his eyes.

He shifted slightly as an alien waiter set down his caf and croissant, giving a small thanks and a nod of his head before setting down his cigarillo in an ashtray and generously buttering the pastry.

[member="Noah Corek"] | [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] | @Others

Aes'ona's nerves were still fresh and present, but the concerned, kind, fellow crew member who was [member="Itash Mecetti"] helped to ease them. She habitually took the cup that was offered to her as if taking a patient's medical file from her hospitalist, the slight warmth further calming her. Her nervous hands were indeed occupied until Itash extended his hand. Then, the doctor, a little confused by how his hand was offered (as she was used to handshakes), extended one of her own into his.

Oh.

That was not a handshake.

After the nobleman had kissed the back of it, she withdrew to cradle the cup once again.

The voice of [member="Noah Corek"] made her turn. She heard him out, silent until the end when she frowned but did not raise her voice. "Understood, but, was a test really necessary?" she asked, following a quiet scoff. "I'm a doctor." She made sure to enunciated that point. "Not a combatant. Even if I was," she added, meaning to implicate the trooper behind her, "I would not be here in that capacity." Still, she shook the solider's hand, but then turned to sit with Itash.

"Where? Premed at New Habat University. Doctorate at Byblos Medical Academy. What?" she added. Though that had not been asked, she continued, for talking about work would serve to keep her in her currently positive state of mind. "Emergency medicine, some ambulatory surgery, and general practice."

[member="Zaimur Saxon"] / [member="Ronin Naara"] / [member="Kit Caraway"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom