Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Aboard -- Journey to the Centre of the Galaxy

Ay kept her polite and poised sitting position as [member="Ronin Naara"], turning her head to face the boy looking man but was not quite expecting a short lesson on talking in a more casual manner. "Nay, I am not trying to be polite, this is how I was taught to speak", computers and droids did not tend to make the best literacy teacher, in a sense the way she spoke was like a specific accent, all but very strange one.

She continued to listen in on Ronins lesson, understanding what he mean in the most part, but it was not that simple, "Question, you wish for me to void my beginning statement to inform others on what I mean? If that is the case I'm able to cease that function, but I have been talking in such a manner as I lack the voice modulation that you have when it comes to asking question, sarcasm, jokes and other forms of talking which change meaning when pitch is changed". An unfortunate side effect on blocking proper nerve connection to certain parts of her brain that controlled emotions.

"As for your other request... I may be able to cease using those words you speak of, and some other if it does impair my sentence meaning". As for the response to his reply on 'how are you' Ay could only give a blank stare since she had not really directed the question at his person, "... that is good to understand". Their small talk was interrupted when [member="Kit Caraway"] came between them to place their requested drinks, giving a weak smile in return to her own, though a little confused by her reaction to Ronin. Ay honestly did not mind, but her job was to lessen tensions and the boy seemed to have a big mouth.

Taking the drink Ay uttered a small thank you, looking down at the beverage before taking a small sip, it was hard to describe the flavor. Sweet but also bitter after taste, though not having anything else to go on was unable to define it as good or bad. Once again [member="Ronin Naara"] addressed her, inquiring about the sword woman's reasons for being her, "Answer, for employment purposes and in order to limit contact with more civilized group, example the Firt Order or Sith Empire... May I inquire into you interest in me, very few people have tried to engage in conversation like yourself". [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]

[member="Zaimur Saxon"] l [member="Noah Corek"] l [member="Itash Mecetti"] l [member="Kerx Zyron"] l

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
Immediate Allies: Dr. Aes'ona Terrani
Equipment:
"Deep Fryer" Rifle
P-23 Pistol
Ballistic Knife

Tempest couldn't help but smile at the generosity and just general good-will and humor that came to from [member="Zai Avery"]. He already seemed like a pretty alright guy in the eyes of Tempest, primarily from how he had acted thus far. Sure Tempest wasn't a people person, though he already grew too quickly like the man, Zai he assumed, from his good-natured attitude so far. Tempest shook the man's hand generosity before sitting beside the man, next to [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] as she was basically the only person he knew, well kinda, in the room at the moment. He turned towards the man who has first spoken to him, a rare smile on his face. "Ha, nice to meet you. I go by...well most call me Tempest, and by most I mean those in my platoon, but whatever. And you're...Zai, I assume?" The voice of Tempest came out calmly and with a friendly tone towards Zai as he tried to stir up a conversation with the man. Not being the best at starting conversations, Temp decided to start with what he knew best...starting with names.

Things were going good, or at least had been before that stuck up rebel, @Noah Corek, had spat in the direction of both Temp and Terrani. Within a few seconds of it happening, the fist's of Tempest clenched up. He hadn't been looking for respect, far from it, but he had at the least expected the presumed Alliance member to at least try to act friendly...seems like that wasn't possible for him. What Tempest knew in that moment was to punch the rebel who had spat at both him and the Doctor. He fell to anger quickly, though Terrani quickly told him it was fine. Tempest knew it wasn't, though he understood what she had meant by that. She had meant for him to calm down as it wasn't worth picking a fight over. She was right, though it didn't make Tempest any less pissed off at the moment. "Thanks for the reassurance...it helped," Tempest whispered back to Doctor Terrani. To him, what he said had sounded weird. Though maybe it was just him, though he felt it hadn't come out properly. What Temp had meant was a thank you because it had helped him to calm down, though he wasn't sure if he got the message through easily. Though, at the rebels 'excuse' for doing what he did, Tempest mentally rolled his eyes. This was going to be a long trip, that was a certainty.

"Alrightie then," Arutha breathed out and finished his drink as Zaimur ignored his attempts at small talk, not to mention a sudden tension as the captain already was pulling people into line. A good way to start a journey, not. He was silently hoping he could smuggle a holdout blaster onto the vessel. In the event things got a little too aggressive at the very least he'd have a way to defend himself. He wasn't the macho type, he didn't start fights because he didn't like the cut of someones clothes. He was more of a mediator, he'd been involved in fights but only to diffuse them.

A bit of a mood killer, Arutha sunk into confiding with himself. He wasn't initiating anymore conversations with the others. He didn't want to get caught up in drama, it wasn't his style. "Another drink, ice blaster," he said to a passing waiter, he palmed over a few credits. He reclined into his chair and casually browsed his datapad while the others continued to socialize. He was calling it quits on this social event. Too much tension, too many trying to prove themselves. Hopefully the journey proved more fruitful.

Ronin was rather interested in how [member="Ay Ge"] had been taught to speak. She had clearly had an eventful life, and it seemed that few of those events were good. He wanted to ask her more about some of the things she had hinted at, but he felt it would be most polite

He noticed that Ay had started her answer with "answer", though she did say "may I inquire" instead of question, although Ronin didn't know if that was a substitution she would have normally made. Either way it at least sounded more natural. "I try to talk to everyone. My favorite thing to do is just to sit and talk with people. I don't think that anyone can deny the fact that the galaxy as a whole is a wonderful place. Unfortunately, we only have one life to enjoy it. But if you talk to people, you can live more than one life. You can see what they've seen and learn what they've learned. And when people talk to you, they extend their legacy, ensuring that more and more people know what they did after they are gone. Everyone has their own will, dreams and ambitions, and no two people's are the same. And when two people share stories thoughts and feelings, they learn more about those other types of people and themselves. If you don't talk to anyone, you can't benefit from that connection to other people. If other people don't talk to you, then no one else can benefit from your experiences. That's why it's stupid when people don't talk to certain people. There is no one I won't talk to. I simply have a list of priorities." Ronin had his opinions, but he wasn't trying to insult anyone. He lowered his voice at the parts that may have caused offence. Mostly the parts when he said some people were stupid. He didn't want to jeopardize their crew's current peace.

Ronin knew he had still not really answered Ay's question. He lowered his voice so he was only talking to her. "And you, Ay, are at the top of that list. Presumably, others don't talk to you because, even though you are strong in every sense of the word, you're different. But to me, that's why I want to talk to you. Because you're different and I respect that." Ronin paused "Sorry that was a bit intense." He laughed nervously

Sometimes he forgot that he should just act like a simpler person. People who dropped philosophical discussions on people the second time they met them did not form friends very easily.

A buzz from her holo-communicator caught Kit's attention as she sat back in her chair. The crises of the past few minutes temporarily averted. It was a message from her liaison with the Mara-Perlemian Trade Council, informing her that the ship had been finished ahead of schedule, and that the crew was to report to the spaceport for departure tomorrow. On the one hand, this was great news, the ship was done early and they could get underway quickly. On the other hand, it created something of a nightmare for Kit, as she was faced with a million last-minute preparations to do before they could leave.

Once again standing up and clearing her throat she addressed the group. "Alright, listen up. I was just informed that our ship is ready. She's a remodeled Gozanti, not exactly fancy but better than we could find on the open market. It's been refitted to suit our needs, and will be your home for the next... However long."

She took a sip of her drink. "Now, the really surprising news is that the Council wants us to leave tomorrow. So all of you are going to have to get yourselves sorted overnight. You'll bring everything you need for the journey to the spaceport tomorrow. To save rations, as we'll be travelling sub-light for parts of the journey, the ship has been fitted with stasis pods, so if you need medication for stasis-sickness, pack it."

With an anxious glance at the exit, she continued speaking. "I'd love to stay and answer questions, but it's just occurred to me I suddenly have a lot of work to do, so I'll see you all tomorrow at 5:00 am sharp." Kit then spun on her heel, briskly walking to the exit and paying for their table. There was so much to do, and something told her she wouldn't get much sleep that night.

Crew Manifest
[member="Zai Avery"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Kit Caraway"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Noah Corek"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Arutha"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Ay Ge"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Itash Mecetti"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Ronin Naara"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Zaimur Saxon"] -- Healthy
-
[member="FN-2826"], "Tempest" -- Healthy
-
[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] -- Healthy
-
[member="D'vok Windroamer"] -- Healthy
-
[member="Kerx Zyron"] -- Healthy

OOC Note: This will be my last post for part 1. Part 2 will be up shortly. If you'd like to wrap up your individual stories/conversations, please feel free to do so. Otherwise, great work everyone, and I look forward to what cool narratives we can weave in the second chapter.

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
As all good things eventually come to an end, so did Zai's pasta dish. He mourned the loss of such a tasty meal, but was looking forward to new horizons (hopefully with even better food). As he looked around the table, he felt the unease from earlier fading. Yes, they were a mixed bunch and some of them would never truly be comfortable with one another. Tempers might flair, some harsh words might be said. But this was no different to any other crew. Despite their differences, everyone seemed dedicated in one respect. Their commitment to the mission. In fact, he hadn't heard any doubts about the actual expedition from any of the crew.

Kit was leaving and Zai figured it was his time as well. He was confident that most knew him, and those who didn't could always approach him on-ship. He turned to [member="@FN-2826"]. "I am indeed Zai, or that is what my Ma called me at least" he said, faint smile on his face. "Unfortunately, we will have to leave further introductions for later. I need to catch up with [member="Kit Caraway"], so I can get a good look at the engines before we take-off." He stood up and gave a cheerful wave goodbye to the rest of the crew, before leaving the table. Stopping only to pay for his food, he ran out the door after Kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom