Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekend Treasure Hunt 11: Archives of the Ancient (open)

OOC/ In this time of invasions delayed and begged-out-of, map resets debated, capital-ship-sized warbeasts and corvettes that zoom like interceptors, I felt it was a nice time for a good old-fashioned treasure hunt. I don't intend to participate; this is simply an opportunity for whoever's interested. Though IC you have to be quick, obviously more effort will get you more information. Please tag your locations/objectives.

IC/ On a nameless forest moon in the Rakatan Infinite Empire (the modern and decidedly less impressive one), deep in the Unknown Regions and the territory of the Lords of the Fringe, there is an archive. It was put together, oh, thousands of years ago.

Some unscrupulous person, without regard for just about anything, has discovered the archive and leaked its location. The Lords of the Fringe are coming, bringing a fleet to control the entire system. But since you happen to be near Hoth or Bespin or Endor, you've gotten there first in a small, fast ship. If you do this quickly, you may walk away with a piece of ancient history.

See, the archive is ancient, and when it was put together, its contents were already ancient. Data, impossible to access system-to-system, in programming and written languages older than the Jedi themselves. Pieces of it can be recorded or memorized from damaged ancient terminals built for aliens with inhuman proportions.

The entire archive is underground due to its age, but the unknown discoverer has burrowed down to the central area. Each wing connects to the central chamber and to the two nearest wings on the compass rose. (The South Wing connects to the East and West Wings, for example.) The archive is made of stone, and tree-roots from the forest moon have grown down through the cracks. The only light is what you bring with you, or what comes from the terminals. The archive is guarded by ancient droids with wide-angle paralysis guns.

North Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the ancient Rakatan Infinite Empire and the Je'daii
South Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the Sharu, the Gree and the Columi
West Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the early Corellian and Duros hyperspace explorers, and the Pius Dea era
East Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the Celestials and the Kwa/Kwi

This information is not sufficient to replicate the great technological achievements of these lost civilizations.

Objective: South Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the Sharu, the Gree and the Columi

Parking and hiding the Aurora Hawk had been the easy part. Getting into the archive was a whole nuther story.

There was barely enough light, but having nightvision googles would certainly do the trick. Wrapping the white current around herself, Chloe Blake, Warden of the Sky and member of the Order of Selab, would start the trek to find a way in. She couldn't be quite sure what she would find, but she could at least very well try. The leak wasn't very reputable, but as a member of the Order, she had to try.

Massive treeroots were in front of her, along with a small cave entrance she found. It was dark and the hoot of owls would resonate in the air. Alright, first things first.

Find a way down.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Forest Moon
Searching for the East Wing: p1

To tell the truth, It was almost facinating to watch a Cathar dig so fervently against the unyeilding stone. His long claws were making far more progress than even the nimblest human fingers could. Yet, on the other hand, Emma Prinn of the Silver Jedi just couldn't help but giggle a bit at the comical sight it had become. Smiling as she did. Under the wide green canopy of effortless flowing trees. She covered her smirk quickly when he turned about to face her. A wraithful look of shame written about his long curling whiskers,

"Sss. Quiet human. Do you want to bring the whole forest down upon us? Enough."

"Sorry Shri'khan. But... I've just never seen a cat in such a hurry before."

"Cathar'is. There are no pale cats here. We are of the proud Cathar race. Bah. What can you understand? Small human minds cannot comprehend the treasure we seek here."

"Oh really? And then just why did you bring me along hmm? Someone has to read the letters, don't they?"

The large feline male scoffed at her assumption and went back to his digging. The large old stones that rebuffed his claws barely moved and the tree roots dug mazes into his way. Strong as he might be, the proud male made little progress. Making Emma turn to sigh and fetch a seat nearby. She was obviously the brains of this little operation. Hiding and digging in the dirt as they were. It was so... Uncivilized.

"Would you like to borrow my lightsaber Khan? Surely it would speed things up a bit."

"Sss. Bah human! You distract me! Enough with your voice. Go look for an entrance down there. And bother another Bounty Hunter while you're at it too. ...This one is busy."

Emma folded her arms over her chest and scowled. What terrible company this muscle-bound mercenary was turning out to be. She was as like to enjoy a pack of hungry wolves or a disruptor's barrel pointed at her head, as this furry fellow. Indeed, this little treasure hunt of theirs was quickly becoming a sour idea in the making.

"Fine. I'll just go find another hole to dig about. Not like your being good company anyways."

"Sss. Fine girl. Go then. See if I care. ...But keep your radio handy hmm. I may call for you when I unbar this passage."

"Mmm hmm. Yeah well. Good luck with that."

The perky Jedi Apprentice gave the scurring feline one last saddening frown and then jumped down the rock formation towards the ground. She could find her own adventure. Let the burly sour-puss do all the work. She'd find another entrance elsewhere. She just knew it.

___

Grimm

Objective-East Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the Celestials and the Kwa/Kwi

Knowledge was power that was what had always been on his mind, so now he had some know leaked about ancient info. He wondered if it would be easy to achieve such useful tadbits of the past, before anyone else. It didn't matter, getting ready for enter these ruins.....where was the entrance in the first place? Looking around he found a large crack that he could fit himself down, placing his mask on now. He traversed down the cracks until he could find some way to get into the cave chambers.

Objective: South Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the Sharu, the Gree and the Columi

This is where all those goodies bought at AEL, MandalTech, and ATC came in handy. Securing herself onto the harness of spelunking rope tied in an expert knot to a tree trunk, Chloe made her descent. Rays of moonlight would barely reach down at the bottom of her objective, but it was enough to illuminate things.

Slowly but surely, she began her descent.

Down below, she could make the blurred shapes of figures ( ancient droids with wide-angle paralysis guns) that had collected a millenia of dustbunnies and the like. A closer inspection would likely reveal what they are.

Needless to say, this wasn't Chloe's first rodeo. She had done many an excavation and was sure that this place had something rigged up for defenses.

Grimm

Objective-East Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the Celestials and the Kwa/Kwi

It really was hard finding the right path, what was in the way of my conquest? All these roots, which he had to use his sword to cut through to get his way through the caverns. It would seem that he was going an odd route, but it was going to pay off right? Slowly and steady won the race, so this would be his chance to overrun the competition.....well if there were any. He didn't find anyone else at the moment, so he was confident that he was the first one here.

When he finally reached a place further down the lights from the surface were now gone, pressing a button on his mask. He activated his light and kept cutting his way down. He felt that he was reaching the underground section, soon enough.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Forest Moon
Searching for the East Wing: p2
[member="Grimm"]

It stood just a ways off from the trickling spring. A large gapping hole in the ground that lingered in the Force. It had been the crevasse that Grimm himself had discovered and descended into. Now, Emma slowly crept up to the opening and peered deeper inside.

"Khan. Khan, it's Emma. Come in. Pick up your radio damn-nit."

~ "Bah. What now human? I've grown tired of your idle cherpings. So make it fast. Sss." ~

"Enough kitty-litter, I get it puss. So? If you're finally done barking? I've found us an entrance. Get over here quick and maybe I'll even share it with you."

~ "Mm. Maybe you're not completely useless after all. Sss. I'm on my way." ~

Prinn put the com down and stared deeper into the hole. The prints on the ground and the splattering of recent debris. Oh yes indeed. She wasn't the first one here after all.

...Hmm.

___

Grimm

When he finished chopping down the roots, he had fallen into a cave of sorts. The only light that showed was from his mask, the outlines were more clearer now and he was able to do his job now.....it was quite simple, follow a path until you hit something. He was looking for the main chambers that would lead to the info, walking down a hallway. So far nothing was around to stop him for now, but he was already planning ahead for his way out.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Forest Moon
Searching for the East Wing: p3
[member="Grimm"]

Emma stood nearby with her hands folded over her chest. Khan was taking his time inspecting the illustrious hole-in-the-ground and she dared not interupt him again. His mood was starting to rub off on her, I suppose.

"Sss. You are correct. Someone else uses this entrance too."

"Well?"

"We will descend. I fear nothing. As should you."

"I already told you. It's a Force Aura. There was another mage here recently."

"Sss. But this one likes the taste of mage? Haha."

The massive Cathar gave a demonic grin and shrugged his shoulders. Maybe he was looking for a fight. Maybe he was just trying to intimidate. Emma didn't care. She was beginning to rethink their partnership already. Even if a three hundred pound kitty-kat made for a good bodyguard on foreign soil.

"Let's not jump ahead here. We don't even know what's down there? Danger without reward is never a good trait in a mercenary."

"Bah. Where's your sense of adventure girl? Surely this is not how the human race found it's way into the stars? By cowardice. Sss."

Khan didn't need a rope. He could decend into the pit using only his bare hands and talons. Such was the way of a clever little kitty. Emma took her time and returned to the edge without a smirk. She detested underdarks.

"Well. Perhaps more light would help."

"Sss. Do what you must human. My eyes persist. I will scout ahead and find our gold. Not even another mage will hear me coming. So clever are we fur."

Without so much as a hesitation the nimble Cathar slithered into the hole and down into depths. Without sound and without light, he encroached. A terrible cunning predator. With more guns about his belt than Emma cared to count. Ugh. What a mess this was. How had she come willing.

"Well. Here we go Emma. Don't look down. ...Or something."

She took a breath and switched on her headband. Letting the flashlights illuminate her way as she clambered down the slippery slopes. The Force was always mindful. Her progress was slow but encouraging. Grimm had paved the way forward already and the etchings of his lightsaber guided her path. And yet, still she heard nothing from Khan.

"Ugh. Where did that Cathar runt get off to now? Pff."

A Cave
Approaching [member="Grimm"]

A cunning voice came whispering outwards from the dark. It would find Grimm's ears easily as he searched by saberlight. It was the voice of that same dark creature that had slipped into the room only moments before. And If Grimm was a clever mage? He would have felt the Cathar mercenaries quiet approach long before he heard his voice,

"Oh. But my my. What have we here?"

A massive form darted through the dark. Whispering. Prowling,

"Oh yes. Company indeed. Here for my secrets are you? Brave and foolish, this one. Sss"

Slipping. Darting. From the wall to the ceiling, it leapt. Quiet as a mouse. The voice lingered,

"Mmm. Tell me o' masked magling? Have you ever been afriad of the dark? Haha. Sss. ...Perhaps you should be?"

Two yellow eyes emerged from the shadows as Khan crept closer to his prey. And just as quickly as they had come, they disappeared. Slithering out a side passage and into the dark beyond. Gone. As if only the vision of a shadow.

"...Perhaps. You should be..."

The hunt was afoot. Already.

___

Grimm

Grimm was on his way, he had picked up someone else had entered the caverns. They had followed him, which meant that they were going to be coming this way. What a drag to be seen with more people, but he only chuckled at the voice that came down the cavern. Fear the shadows, why did he always have to deal with others. Instead of starting a fight, he kept on moving and focusing on creating a silhouette of energy to engulf himself. Unfazed by the remarks made, as he found that the cave went further in. How big are these underground ruins to be exact? He pulled out a small orb in his hand, trying to find the entrance to the main chamber!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Underground
Searching for the East Wing: p4

Emma came to slow halt just above a large cave complex. The stone filiments of civilization had given way into a dark and brooding underground cave. The vines and roots of the passage ways above had disappeared. Leaving only smooth and salty rocks below. It even smelled damp and murky down there. Ugh. Gross.

"Khan. This is Emma. Pick up please."

She tapped the com in her hand and peered down the slope again. This was not as much fun as she'd hoped it would be. Where was all the fancy old computer stuff? Did she really have to go cave diving again. Bleh.

~ "Sss. What you want girl?" ~

"Khan. Where are you? It's dark down here and I've lost the saber markings. Have you found anything yet?"

~ "Yes. I'm right below you. These caverns double back often but can be used to enter the main complex. I will show you." ~

"Oh really? Because I can't see a darned..."

~ "Look up." ~

Emma was startled and shocked to find that Khan was indeed perched just above her. Higher up on the slope and dismounting from the ceiling. Just how did he do that?

"Oh!? ...I though you said you were just below me?"

"I was. And now, I am above you. Sss. Please."

"Ugh. Fine. Did you find the other Jedi?"

"Sithling. Masked and all. He was small and did not give chase. I believe he is determined. As am I."

Emma was startled once again. Khan had met a Sith and lived to tell about it? Amazing. Especially in her mind. There was not a day that passed that Emma attempted to avoid those kinds of Force Users. Darksiders and their like. To be honest. It was kind of terrifying to know she was trapped in a dark cave with one of them. How would she escape?

"Sss. Girl? You look lost."

"What? Oh no, I was... Nevermind. How do we advance?"

"Go down and then south. Follow the smooth walls until you reach the old lanterns. Then await me there. I must advance upon a different path now."

"What, why? I could just come with you?"

"Sss. No little girl. There are many droids in the chambers ahead. Old, old droids. War machines that sleep. And sleep they must. For I fear their power is unknown. Even to me."

Khan gave an insightful look that Emma had never percervied before. He wasn't just thinking. He was planning something. She held fast to her footing and asked again,

"And the Sithling?"

"Yesss. He will be our bait. When he encounters the droids, we will see just how powerful these defenses truely are. And whether or not he survives. Haha. Sss."

Khan seemed to smile at that thought but before Emma could reply he was gone. Leaping like a jungle cat from stone to stone and disappearing again into an upwards passage. She thought to touch her radio again, but thought better of it. He was prowling now. Best not to disturb him.

"Well. Here we go again Emma. Just one more drop down and we'll be on solid rock again. Then to await our cat in shining armor to return, once again. Ugh. How I hate surprises."

She repelled down another story and into the dark cave beyond. Only one more trek to go.

___

HK-50

Hunter-Killer series assassination droid
A droid sat hunched against a cave wall in the cave Emma was repelling down into, part of its head was missing, wires from inside its head tangled all over its face, it's chassis covered in what looked like a weeks worth of dust and grime, something or someone had incapacitated it, and it was waiting for someone to reboot it.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Emma avoided her companions warnings about old machines and began to turn [member="HK-50"] on again. Well? At least, she hit a few buttons on his chassis and hoped something good would happen. Sh'maybe. Short post and reasons. :p

HK-50

Hunter-Killer series assassination droid
Its remaining eye flickered and some of the tangle of wires sparked, a buzzing noise came from its vocabulator, it rotated noises a few times then tuned in "Statement: This unit is grateful that it has been reactivated, I am HK-50, Protocol Droid"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Surface-side
Objective: South Wing

The Lord of the Fringe was no longer sure about anything anymore, he thought he had it figured out, but once again… a person of immeasurable stupidity comes along to bring down the collective IQ of the Galaxy. Some derp who was smart (or lucky) enough not to get himself killed, but stupid enough to go ‘round screaming about ancient repositories of knowledge. The less than ancient Rakatan Empire, who would have thought that a nation controlled by a- well more than one cannibal, would still have anything useful left.

While the rest of the fleet was still preparing itself, interdictors, and the other things that made life worth living. In the meanwhile he had decided to go in alone, before the armies to see if there was anything worth left - the Sith Lord was expecting to find others, men and women of ill-repute who had decided to infiltrate a sovereignty and steal things that didn’t belong to them.

Perhaps he’d encounter them, or maybe he wouldn’t. But one thing was for sure, Jared thought as he walked to the forests of the Rakatan Moon, knowledge would be preserved today. Eventually he reached the coordinates of the location, eyeing the overgrown structure he immersed himself in the Current disappearing from view, before heading out towards one of the cracks that would grant him access to the inner levels.

Surface of the Forest Moon
North Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the ancient Rakatan Infinite Empire and the Je'daii

It was not the first time for Maria to be in the Fringe space, but it was definitely one of the craziest. Yes, she was probably still being hunted because of her deserting. But she had still come to the moon. Why? The woman wanted to do something amazing, and that something seemed to be getting some information from the archives which were about to get under the control of the Fringe.

The woman calmly parked her ship somewhere around the northern area of where the archives should have been and stepped out of it. She hoped she wouldn't have to do much of work at hiding it as she thought she'd get in and out in only a matter of minutes. Probably the worst logic ever.

She stepped down to the path which should have got her to the archives, but... she had not expected it all to be that dark. She couldn't see her own hands even if she put them right in front of her face. It looked like some Force may have helped her out. But the woman was not stupid. Everywhere around there may have been other Force users who could have sensed her using any power. So her only way was to walk on without a light.

... which caused the woman to pretty much stumble on everything she went past on her way.

- - -

My very first time at the treasure hunt... I hope I didn't do any fatal mistakes or anything.

The Warden hit bottom soon enough. Nightvision googles had enough illumination from the shaft of lights. Perfect. With the White current still wrapped round her, Chloe had her objective.

It was pretty dusty, everything washed in hues of greens. There were odd towering forms up ahead. Curious.

Slowly she made her way down down one direction, her compass saying she was moving in a southward objective. As she drew closer to the larger forms, that's when she noticed they weren't just there to be pretty.

They were droids.

Ohhhh boy.

Thankfully, she was able to not disturb them. She just had to keep a wide berth around them and the white current allowed her to so far remain undetected. However, one wrong move... One never knew when these guys would wake up and take a zap at her.

And she already had plenty of zapping experiences with her GT-F0 droid she used as the Aurora's security measure.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

The Sith Lord sniffed, was that? No, couldn’t be. He set the impossibility out of his mind and kept on walking. There didn’t seem to be anyone around right now, somewhere in the depths of the archives Jared thought he could sense… something? Too far away and vague to know for sure, for all he knew those were simply the ancient defenses he was getting a level from.

The overgrowth was ancient, he didn’t possess the herbal powers of Jacobs, but it was as clear as daylight to him that this here? All of it? Had been here for a long time, recently disturbed, he could smell it in the air. Opportunity, greed, sanctity? Strange, there was more at work here than simply greed, he wondered…

It didn’t matter in the end, this only underlined the supposed legitimacy of the claim, it would have to protected and so the Fringe Lord stepped into the darkness, into the unknown to thwart the wills of those other guys here.

Moving forward she would wind down the hall of the south corridor, the white current still wrapped round the Master. Having been trained by Je'gan himself during her apprenticeship and subsequent use through the years, she had a knack at keeping herself hidden.

Moving along moving along.

Nightvision googles were a bit dimmer here, not that much light, but that was okay. With the Force one could heighten the senses. Chloe would move forward intending to get a good scoop on what was going on.

She would take recordings here and there, getting signs of things much like she normally did in excavations. It was always best to be prepared. Another large form, there goes another droid.

She gave it wide berth.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

Sithspawn beasts circled in the fluid of the Sith Lord’s eyes. As he descended into the bowels of the ancient machine light was exchanged for darkness, his whole view shifted into the other spectrums. Contrast lighted up and Jared could see once again, not the pure and undiluted sight of sunshine, but the unfiltered and grainy enhancement of the dim old lights.

He moved and moved, farther and farther into the depths of the pit. Soon the Lord of the Fringe would sense something familiar, it was more a presence, a state of being than anything else. The realization settled into him that someone was using the Current here, it didn’t mean a lot, he couldn’t see them… but knowing they were there was half the battle.

Of course, if [member="Chloe Blake"] was paying attention and spreading out her own senses to feel her surroundings she’d feel him too.

Everything had a downside.

The Sith Lord reached out towards the presence, trying to disconcern intent, thoughts, location… whatever was possible and useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom