Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekend Treasure Hunt 11: Archives of the Ancient (open)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Underground
Searching for the East Wing: p5

Emma had quickly distanced herself from the HK, aka Hunter Killer, droid that she had awoken quite by accident. Well, almost an accident. Hadn't her Cathar friend warned her about droids down here? Oh bother. Did everything in this pit have to be an assassin in disguise? Well, yeah, probably. So deeper into the caverns she had sluethed alone. Using the Force to guide her and keep her footing. Though, it was the smell that really began to disuade her footsteps. Why did caves have to smell so... Cave'y? Ugh.

"Well. Here we are. A breach in the walls. Perhaps leading right back into the ancient complex that we had discovered before. ...Hmm. I don't see anything inside. No lightsaber markings here either. Did I beat the Sithling to the punch?"

She twisted around to look behind her. Suddenly terribly aware that she was indeed, very alone. The twin lamps upon her brow cast a bright yellow cone out before her. Making her vision easy to see. Even in the darkest of depths. However, they also made her very easy to find as well.

"Oh. Hurry up Khan. I don't want to sit out here forever. Where are you already?"

All was quiet and calm as the Jedi Apprentice peered again into the ancient home. Only her hands seemed to shake with damp cool of the caverns above. Withdrawing her lightsaber and checking for the stun pistol on her belt. Emma suddenly had a very bad feeling about the future of this expedition. She had but to take but one step inside that dusty old tomb and she just knew... Something bad was sure to happen.

___

Objective: South Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the Sharu, the Gree and the Columi

Chloe would not be so attentive to what was behind her. No, all of her focus was on what was in front of her. It is not to say that the Warden wasn't keen on noticing her surroundings, granted she had originally a good ten or so minute start to begin with. But her focus was on what she could find up ahead, her necklace with a curious two pendants there. One with a slight pulsing of life within it.

With the White Current, she managed to bypass a third large dust covered droid. That made three she had passed to get to this point. A point that would end in what would appear to be steel doors. A small console would be at the right of it. Nothing fancy mind you, but time had done a doozy of a job on it.

Dropping the white current, close stood in the relative dim low light of various shafts of rays of moonlight seeping in. Much like in the deathworld back on Esk, she began to investigate just how to crack it open.

Keen on using electronic manipulation, she would summon the Force to push energy into it, mapping out the connections, seeing exactly what she could do to at least attempt to open the door.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Objective: South Wing

All around him was ancient machinery, pulsating with potential, the Sith Lord realized that with a bit of work? He would be able to enable the defense systems, droids and the kind to awaken and attack those within the facilities. But… how long would that take?

And would Jared be able to make them distinguish between friend and foe? Doubtfully after such a long time. So he decided against it and instead carried on, carefully picking across the long road and avoiding the guardians of the archives.

Soon enough his eyes would disconcern something, or rather someone else. [member="Chloe Blake"] standing in front of two big steel doors. The Sith Lord didn’t drop his cloak, but he didn’t attack her either.

Instead he simply studied her, studied and watched to see what she would be doing.

Objective: South Wing: Historical and astrographical information on the Sharu, the Gree and the Columi

Gree-Sphere-Lamp.gif
Chloe would flip the nightvision googles lenses up and over her head. One of many various lenses she could flick on and off. She also had a magnifying lenses, ultra violet light filter, and dark sunglasses.

Just a little bit... more.

That's when things got interesting. Mechu-deru it was not, but electronic manipulation was the first of many building blocks into paving towards that end goal. Chloe had been wandering the space lanes and working on ships, droids, and all kinds of ancient old consoles like this before due to her travels -- so while she wouldn't be able to lead a droid army or man an entire ship by herself -- she had a focused specialty on using the Force to manipulate small bits of ancient technology.

There was a surge of energy, a quick use of her hydrospanner and servospaner -courtesy of Jorus - and then suddenly -- there came a loud hiss and a click.

Above her, blue illuminating cerulean light would run in lines against ancient walls and ceilings. Even the floor would thrum with this dim energy, almost as if she were surrounded in virtual holographic lines.

"Well that's nifty," she'd say to herself, giving her fingers a little wiggle before she would attempt to breech the door.

"Alright now... how about...now."

A small little box would pop out. It would appear to be more like a holographic blue square. It would shine brightly, a five by five inch datacube.

Chloe would peer at it curiously.

"Huh."

That's when she would touch it.

And instantly she disappeared.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Outside the East Wing
Searching for the East Wing: p6

Company never came. Emma Prinn was left to her own devices amidst the black void of the endless caverns. Poised on the cusp of discovery. Yet, fully intimidated by the choice. A Sith behind and War Droids before. Was death the only answer she could find,

"Darn it Khan. Feth. ...Feth feth feth. Ughhh."

She gathered up the last of her courage and took the first footfalls into the virgin chambers. Shining her bright headband into the alien labyrinth that awaited. She had found her entance into the East Wing. She was moving forward. Death imagined on all sides.

And she was very, very alone.

The Surface

Shri'khan stood out on the furthest branch of the tallest tree. His communicator held up to his feline ears and a look of quiet disgust was etched upon his furry face. It was clear now. He was too late in his venture. The Fringe Fleet was already here.

"Sss. Alas. We are too late my liege. The Vagrants and their many boats cover our skies. Escape should be all but impossible now. Others are coming."

~ "Silence your prattling mercenary. Escape is never impossible. Indeed, but it is my speciality. You need only use your nose to discover a new exit." ~

"Bah. Enough of your devilish talk. Our vessel will never escape this moon unnoticed. With or without the treasure. ...No. You must send me the tribute. I demand it. Sss."

~ "You are in no position to demand anything of me, dog. Remember our deal. Even should that I desire you remain upon that uncharted abyss for decades or beyond? It would still suit my purposes well. Your life, your future, was always mine to give."

Khan could only growl low over the channel. He did not like the way his benefactor was toying with him. Though, it would not be the first time. It was certainly going to be the last. Already he imagine his long claws growing tight around the little old man's neck. Oh yes. What a supple kill it would be. So satisfying. So, ...long overdue.

"Sss. Now you listen to this one closely, shadow. Either secure us an exit or the treasure lies dormant with me. Understand? Shri'khan will not be toy or a kitten to be played with. Either you allow us our exit from the Fringe? Or you will recieve nothing of our claws. Ever. Again."

~ "Ah. Bravo. Still, touchy. Aren't we. ...Very well. But you will not enjoy this. Forcing my hand so quickly."

"When does this one ever enjoy your idle machinations. Speak quickly. This one is in a hurry."

~ "The Fringe Fleet. That is your escape."

"What!? You would demand our death!? Harrr! I swear to the spirits, I will..."

~ "No you fool! Bury the treasure that you find with the signal com I gave you. Then surrender to the Fringe Fleet. I will come for you later. After, I have recovered my treasure."

Khan flinched at the mention of surrender. Surely the Fringe Fleet would slay him to keep this moon a secret. No. This was no exit indeed. He was already double-crossed.

"Sss. Of course. My Master."

And with that sudden conclusion, Shri'khan hung up the phone and looked again out into the brilliant green sky. Pondering if black cats really do have nine lives to spend after all.

___

Chloe's body would suddenly be thrust into a large circular chamber. In there she would fall to the ground, tumbling to slap her hands onto the floor to catch herself.

That's.. when she saw it. She was glowing bright blue. A type of bright blue that would match the streaming lines of the walls around her. Startled, she would rise, coming to her feet to gather her bearings.

That's when she heard it.

tumblr_nice71aViN1rf6n06o1_1280.jpg

[ Greetings Black Bisector - My black sphere requires a purple shift. White acute aid from the Black Bisector with the red parallel of a purple parallel could equal a blue tangent. ]

What?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Surface
Concluding the weekend: p7

Just over an hour had past now and soon the Fringe forces were scampering about the ruins with glee. No doubt confident in their endeavors to secure the transmission and it's treasure-filled contents all for themselves. Emma and Khan stood high up in the trees nearby, watching the Fringe's movements with a deep knowing smile on their faces. The deed was already done. The Jedi and the Mercenary had already come and gone.

And did they find anything in those deep dark chambers underground? Well? We'll just never know. (But, mehh, ...probably not. Better luck next time Emma.)

The End.

___

*ooc:exit

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
East

Screams. His screams. They were stuck in his head, ringing in and out, at night it was at its worst. But walking through these dark corridors made him see flashes in the corner of his eye, the goddess, Yun-Harla, his brethren, endless fires and the ghosts of his bloody past. Had been a few months since his 'rescue', if you could call it that.

They had taken her, ...Cira he had called her, taken the Goddess away, but they hadn't left him, no they took him with them for some reason. Experimentation, agony and finally clarity breaking through the subtle compulsion pulsating within himself. It was still difficult, he could feel her, almost see her even. But that was the past and this was now, trudging along the damp halls of an even more ancient past. The message had promised knowledge, had promised understanding... and he needed that more than anything.

Compulsion had been broken, but his visage was still twisted, biots still waiting inside of him for activation. The claws, and more. She had told him removal would have been dangerous, too dangerous and the coward had simply nodded. No, not a coward, pragmatic. The biots gave him strength and that was something he desperately needed right now. Ancient droids marked the different alcoves, dormant it seemed, otherwise he would probably have felt laser bolts punching straight through him.

He kept to the shadows, his presence in the force nonexistent. At first he hadn't been able to understand, at first... he hadn't want to, but after the turning she had told him, explained the differences between Vong-Sense and the Force bringing a whole new perspective to the situation. It was this inner-vong and the cloak of nuun that kept him out of sight, mind and force as he crept through the dusty under-roads, there were four points of interests in the facility, but only one of them really interested him right now.

Celestials, ancient beings, few if anyone really knew anything about them. This was an opportunity to learn something, anything that might enlighten his mind. Because that was the one thing he had realized shortly after his rescue and devongification, he was pretty ignorant on a lot of subjects, a thing he was aiming to improve starting today.

He needed to do this, become more independant. Because Nui knew there was no place for him in the Republic and the Order, not after what had happened to him and the things he had done while serving Yun-Harla. The Order might forgive him, but Sardun doubted he would be able to forgive himself for the things that had happened, and so… independance was the thing he would reach for. Simply trying to help people, try to wash away some of the blood by doing good deeds without being put down like an animal.

Fire. He could smell it on his skin, an illusion of course. Not his punishment, someone else. No, can’t think about it. Can’t think about her, he was in no position to help her. Instead he walked on and on, past ancient droids, secretly happy about wearing the Cloak of Nuun and not having to excrete his presence in the Force.

Eventually he reached a hall, dust marred the floors, no alcoves with ancient guardians to speak of, lights flickered on and off. It casted an eerie light over the whole room, but the Sardine pressed on. His flashlight went around the room, lightening up the contents and finding it… empty. There were no archives, no mainframes or decayed remnants of books, nothing of the sort.

Just three and two quarters of walls. The former Jedi Master sighed and was about to turn around when he noticed something peculiar. A vaguely circle shaped indent in one of the walls, difficult to notice at first glance, but now that he had seen it… different story entirely. He approached it carefully, taking one step after another until Nui finally reached the wall and its strange decoration.

At least, that was his first thought. But when he came closer the device, because it was a device apparently, came to life slowly. Lights protruded from the depths of it, Sardun’s instinct told him to leave this place at once, leave the device and find some other way to enlighten himself. But the Battlemaster had never been the smartest guy in the bunch and instead he came closer, trying to look into the shadowy form within the contraption.

That was when it suddenly happened.

JLEW0GN.gif

Arms suddenly extended themselves from within the device and grabbed hold of the back of his head, keeping it in place.

Lights, streams of voices and pain flared through Sardun’s mind, before he slipped more and more into what the machine was offering him.

Well this was a doozy.

Standing there looking at a holographic image of a Gree wasn't in her to do list for the day. In a form it was in her bucket list, but that was for something else entirely.

"Wha?" she asked again, only to have the holographic Gree image repeat the phrase. It was hard to put it together, especially since she only had a bit to go by. There were other glowing sections that she figured were datastores, of which she would investigate to determine what was what.

The next thirty or so minutes saw to Chloe attempting to translate the request, making sense of the phrases and learning Gree speak in it of itself -- all the while unaware that further down on the chamber was a rather interesting dormant droid that would put all the ones outside to shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom