Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekend Mini-Event(s) VILLAINOUS VILLAINS: Interest Check

​Villainous Villains at the Weekend!
conflict_of_ideals_by_tanqexe.png

Hello Chaos.

​So, whilst bored and twiddling our thumbs in Chaos' discord chat. Myself and [member="Myles Velum"] and a few others were talking about the possibility of really utilizing our new ability to make Master characters on the go. Myles had the idea of maybe doing a one off crazy Sith Lord to be killed.

​We thought, hey? Why not have a weekly or fortnight Master Sith Lord or some other crazy villain for a group of writers to defeat and ultimately kill in a one off sort of public event style thread over the weekend? We thought, it sounds like a fun little quest and someone can add a PC to their kill list. :p

​Furthermore, with every great raid their must be loot. Cool new gear for different characters, and we know their are plenty of members within the community such as Jon, (Our porg overlord) who would happily help provide prizes for the those involved.

​I'm actually quite ecstatic about the possibility of something like this working, and of course we probably will do some stuff for different types of factions. So, we've got you covered Slicers of the Collective and we haven't forgotten about you, crazy Sithlings or the fanatical Ren party. But, we're starting it off safe with some crazy Sith Lords seeking power. I hope people like this idea and can commit to a weekend mini-event. We as a community can do so much if we work together!

​If you're interested. Leave a comment in the thread, and if anyone would like to contribute to prizes or maybe volunteering to write one of our crazy villains. Please, say so below. c:

​Hope you're all as excited about this prospect as I am.

I can create a villain or two, but I would rather people play it instead of me! :D I think that would be cool :3

Villain writing contest! :D

We should turn this into a Flashpoint sort of scenario, like you would see in a game like SWTOR, where you get a party of characters and various sub-bosses, and then the final big bad. A whole plot to go with it :p

And as [member="The Matador"] mentioned, I plan on posting the first thread in the weekend series and it should be interesting. It will be up either today or tomorrow, and of course anyone is free to hop in. :)

[member="Varik Ice"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Sintel Kay"] | [member="Darth Voracitos"] | [member="Darth Abyss"]

​Thanks for the show of support guys, I'd love to have other people come on and create Villains further down the line if we get this actually going. And I love the idea of having more varied Mini-Events, including a flashpoint style idea with multiple mini-bosses. Sounds like tons of fun, but also tons of work. So I'm still waiting to see a show of hands of people who would be willing to participate as our Party of heroes on a weekly basis and wouldn't mind being able to commit time during the week to getting through these at a reasonable pace.

​Furthermore, anybody who wishes to throw anymore ideas out as Voraticos has? Please do so. I really want to make this something people look forward to participating in on every week or so.

[member="The Matador"],

My recommendation? Don't hold it over just one weekend. Some people can't post multiple times day after day like others can, and it will cut down the amount of time you can plan and actually play out a good story with the idea of going after this guy, instead of "Go and kill him, Get lewt, get out."

Maybe hold it where you have one thread over the span of a week. Gives you guys more time to DM/GM the thread, while also giving a better grouping of people able to play.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

​We're open to having the event playout over the space of a week or even two, it's all circumstantial. But by every saying we want to have one every weekend or fortnight. I do mean that I want to have a regular production, with multiple people tackling different threads and villains to be ready for the following event.

​But yes, you're definitely right. Letting it play out over a longer period of time could invite more people, but there's also the danger of a thread losing its momentum. Which, is the opposite of what I'd hope for. But we won't confine every thread or event to the same time slot or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom