Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Will Not Forgive - Objectives and Planning.

Hey, everyone!

So, as the terms section and invasion negotiations have been removed, this will be our first Invasion under the less structured and more free-form ruleset. If you've been keeping an eye on the OOC thread, the start date for this cross-faction event begins on the 8th of September - so get ready for what we hope will be a fun and refreshing experience with a new faction, rather than the folks we've gotten ever so used to within the Galactic Alliance.

As we're a Faction that prides itself on unified effort and organization, I've spent the last few days devising a method of approach regarding the two out of the three systems in the Ossus hex, so that we could have our foundations and footing settled on from the get go. Something that would allow us to focus on achieving our objectives by writing out our myriad stories and that would form the many pieces of the whole.

Without further adieu, I'll leave you with Operation: Serpent's Folly, and Operation: Fallen Angel.

OPERATION: SERPENT'S FOLLY

GENERAL SITUATION
With the cessation of hostilities against the Galactic Alliance currently underway, it is in the interest of the First Order’s Central Command to remove the stability, and base of power regarding their allies across the Galaxy - so that when the inevitable ‘Cold War’ ceases to exist, the Galactic Alliance will find itself unable to call upon their allies to aid in their defense. With a mission, classified by the Security Bureau and the myriad Agents of our beloved Supreme Leader, already underway - it now falls to the Military to avenge their transgressions against us. They will pay dearly for endearing themselves to the cause of corruption and hypocrisy. To this end, Two expeditionary taskforce’s have been redeployed from the frontlines with the Alliance and are currently transitioning through Hyperspace, enroute to the verdant world of Ossus. As the historical archives dictate, and from the information our agents in the field have managed to gather, Ossus is a training hub for Novitiates in their fractured variant of the Jedi Order, as well as the Silver Jedi’s Non-Force wielding Military. With evidence of Firemane-inspired structures dotting the surface, it’s expected that we may encounter the Tygaran Alliance and their Dark Cultists on the surface. If they are encountered, shoot-on-sight. Due to the sensitive nature of this incursion, Military installations are to be our only targets - the First Order can ill-afford another mistake like the Operation at Skor II. Sieger wills it.

EXPECTED ENEMY FORCES

DISPOSITION: From the reports gathered by our Vanguard forces and Agents within the Security Bureau, the Silver Jedi had begun reinforcing the system due to it’s proximity to the ailing and crumbling Dominion’s borders. They’ve reported an increase of naval assets, and the construction of what appears to be a Shield Gate Network, which would hamper an expedient deployment of First Order military assets, and result in numerous casualties as we attempt to make planetfall. As the mission to the surface had resulted in a speedy withdrawal, there was little information garnered about the disposition and expected armed force response that our soldiers will face. Utilizing the information obtained from previous engagements with the Silver Jedi at Skor II and the previous two incursions of Kaeshana, we have been able to determine that they will meet any assault made into their territory with a fully-fleshed out military response. Either halting our advances with starships and starfighters, or meeting companies of our Stormtroopers with Antarian Rangers and the local militia. With the presence of Tygaran technology, the most prominent fortress cresting the planet’s surface holds the possibility of Firemane troops - and their Dark Cultist masters. With the inconclusive reports and the lack of credible information regarding the force disposition on the surface of Ossus, Central Command strongly recommends slowly encroaching on Silver Jedi territory, and removing any means of early warning and communications post-haste. This is to ensure that the loss of life margin regarding First Order assets remains within acceptable margins.

FIRST ORDER’S MISSION: Taskforce 'Valkyrie' will translate from hyperspace near the edge of Silver Jedi controlled space and begin their operation(s) by removing any and all early warning stations and communication satellites. While Taskforce 'Valkyrie' clears the path, Taskforce ‘Forsworn’ will proceed towards Ossus. Once there, they will engage any and all Silver Jedi Naval assets, and if successful, they will proceed to besiege the orbital platforms. When the planetary shield collapses, the First Imperial Army will begin their landings and take the fight to the Silver Jedi on the surface of Ossus.

SUPREME COMMANDER’S INTENT

Expanded Purpose: Facilitate the destruction of key military installations across the surface of Ossus, and ensure that the civilian populace is safely removed from the expected engagement zones. Primary Target: Firemane Military Installation - Code Name: Aegis Base.

Key Tasks:
  • Destroy the Ossus System’s Deep Space Early Warning Network.
  • Destroy the Ossus System’s Deep Space Communication Network.
  • Engage any and all Silver Jedi Naval assets in Orbit over Ossus.
  • Establish a Blockade over Ossus, and disrupt their planetary Communications Network.
  • Destroy the Orbital Station(s) forming the Orbital Shield Gate Network.
  • Besiege the Firemane Installation, Codenamed: Aegis Base, and Destroy it.
Expected Endstate: Ossus’ Deep Space Communication and Early Warning Systems will be destroyed. Ossus will be blockaded by First Imperial Naval Assets, and Surface-based Military Installations will be left in Ruins. Any and all Jedi related assets within the Aegis Base, and the Academy thereafter will be seized and recovered by the First Order.

OPERATION: FALLEN ANGEL

GENERAL SITUATION
The world of Kulthis, nestled in the heart of the Belderone Sector, holds little strategic value to the First Order, save for the fact that the planet was situated at the centre of the Perlemian Trade Route - a vital hyperlane that stretched across much of the Silver Jedi’s sphere of influence. This expedient method of traversing through reality provides a means for the Silver Jedi and their militant allies to swiftly re-deploy their forces to any afflicted sector along the route, along with supplies and war material - should any of their worlds become besieged. Therefore, to stem the tide of reinforcements that would be inevitably funneled towards Ossus when Operation: Serpent’s Folly commences, it would be in the First Order’s best interest to establish a blockade of the trade route with Interdiction ships. Or turn the planet over to the cause of the First Order - and garner the assistance of the native populace in halting the Silver Jedi’s expected wave of reinforcements. Regardless of the path that’s taken, several key figures within the ruling body of the First Order have decreed that the Stenax populace of Kulthis be offered a better life in the boundaries of the First Imperial space. A mass immigration that would see these ancient colonists reunited with their ancestral kin, and depriving the Silver Jedi of an entire species of winged creatures that would one day be deployed against the First Order.

EXPECTED ENEMY FORCES

DISPOSITION: Despite the Vanguard forces having been deployed to Ossus, the reports regarding the world of Kulthis are inconclusive. There are scattered reports of early warning detection systems and orbital way stations, along with the standard scatterings of communication satellites and navigation beacons. As with any world within a Stellar Empire’s domain, the chances of a planetary defense force being active within this theatre are high, especially after the Galactic Empire’s assault on the world of Charros IV.

FIRST ORDER’S MISSION: With the primary focus of the First Order and it’s retribution task forces being localized to the Ossus sector, it is vital that the Silver Jedi are deprived of the hyperlane and all of the boons that come from such a strategic asset. This is meant to draw the forces of the Silver Jedi away from their Jedi Fortress world of Ossus and re-deploy them to another sector, weakening their hold over the verdant world and expediting the First Order’s retribution. In addition to acting as a distraction, enticing the Stenax colonists to return to their world of Skye would not only prove to be a boon for the First Order on the population front but also depriving the Silver Jedi of an entire species within their borders. Key members of the Security Bureau and the Government desire nothing more than to reunite these people with their star-crossed ancestors but deny the Silver Jedi of a winged population that could be deployed against loyal Imperial forces.

Key Tasks:
  • Establish control over the Kulthis Sector, and dismantle the orbital infrastructure.
  • Deny the Silver Jedi the access to the Perlemian Trade Route. (Interdiction Vessels Recommended.)
  • Entice the Stenax population to immigrate to Skye. Diplomacy Recommended. FOSB Agents deployed under Propoganda and Manipulation protocols.

Expected Endstate: The First Order will not be able to maintain control over the Kulthis sector after the forces from Ossus are either successful in their attack, or repelled by the Silver Jedi. Regardless of the outcome of the Ossus engagement, it is within the First Order’s best interest to deny the Silver Jedi of the Hyperlane through whatever means, and push the local populace of Stenax to commit a trans-galactic exodus across the stars to reunite with their genetic ancestors on Skye. This is the Will of the Supreme Leader, ensure that it is done.

As always, if you'd like to see something added or changed, please feel free to write out your idea down below. We'll do our best to fold it into the story - so that everyone who participates does their part and contributes to the larger picture. There will be headers that we can use to help our opposition and our allies find out where we are if they wish to peruse the thread, rather than read it, and if you haven't found a dance partner yet - toss out a reply in the OOC thread looking for a foe.

Progflaw99

Depending on my opponent, I will be fielding a small naval task force. As is expected for this invasion, I would suggest that we include no more than 1-3 SD size capital ships as the entire premise is to disrupt transit and supply lines. If we want we can include a piece about installing a wide range jammer on the planet itself - additionally I would suggest we include interdiction vessels in our fleet composition. This is a raid and disruption, not an occupation.

My personal vision was that we would be essentially creating our own version of the "Bermuda Triangle" in space, centered around Ossus and Kuthlis. This would both be a viable objective as well as explain why should we win, the SJO would be cut off from the Parlemian Trade Route headed inwards toward the core - as passing through our "Bermuda Triangle" would be too dangerous or risky to attempt.

[member="Torian Pierce"]

FYI Firemane troops are not present on Ossus anymore, though Aegis Base is still there and utilised by the SJO, as shown in the skirmish.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Though Firemane is no longer associated with SJO, and indeed SJO might have abandoned this, I will mention that we built this fort for them a couple of years back: http://starwarsrp.ne...657-aegis-base/ Not sure if Arisa Yune wishes to use this. It won't have the big cannons unless she's put replacements in, and it will be SJO troops and vehicles manning it if she wants to use it.

From skirmish ooc.

[member="Moira Skaldi"] - I appreciate the information, and will be sure to inform my fellow writers that they won't actually encounter Firemane troops - however the objectives above were written from the IC perspective. So, hopefully, we'll be able to write that revelation out as the Invasion progresses.

Six days and counting.

What are my fellow REN doing. I'm unfortunately not able to be in the vicinity of [member="Torian Pierce"] or [member="Rolf Amsel"], thus I may need to seek ulterior motives going into this one. I've not made any concrete plans due to Veiere Arenais being present and already lining up to fight the pair...

However, The First Order demands blood and blood shall be spilled a plenty.

[member="Caehl Ren"]
At the moment, I'm keeping myself flexible so I'm able to respond to situations that may arise and slot myself in however I'm looking at maybe doing some 'recruitment' at the Jedi Temple so it could be good to arrive with [member="Ara Zambrano"] then branch off as she goes for her 1v1. Anyone else is welcome to join me of course but plans are subject to change based on the opposition!

[member="Samka Derith"]

It would make sense given his position serving under her.

I'm not entirely certain what distance it's expected of me to be away from my Alt, however. I know they can't be in the same "stage" so to speak and Ara's going to be taking the fight to Veiere's former apprentice. That said they may land in completely different area's given [member="Rolf Amsel"]'s alt and Vee will be coming in from orbit...

[member="Jaron Lesan"]

I appreciate the offer but given the above statement, I will follow alongside Ara, until required to do otherwise.

[member="Ara Zambrano"]

May work well given the Training we were discussing too...-You can take Romi on your own, naturally.

I will be traveling with [member="Varas Kyrel"] to lead a team to go through the Shadow Enclave's tunnels, my intent is to deactivate the shields of Aegis Base to aid in the ground forces efforts for victory, after the objective is finished, we shall then infiltrate the temple to raid the archives, and see what is there of value there might be for the Ren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom