Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private We Hunt the Dark

"Next assignment? Already?" Maeve said, although she sounded more excited than worried. She took pride in serving alongside the Sword, but what she enjoyed just as much was cleansing Sith and their lackeys. Every time she killed a warlord or a Darth, it was like another ounce of the crushing weight on her shoulders lifted, like the burden of her past was finally lightening its load.

"Whatever it is, if it's anything like today, I'm more than prepared."

Maeve had embarked on a wealth of missions and tasks. She'd faced rebel generals, slain shades of the Dark Side and fought in raging battles both on the ground and in the stars. She'd trained years as a Shadow and although there was still so much for her to learn, she was determined to prove her worth. She would not fear. What could possibly be worse than what she'd already dealt with in the past?

Maeve followed Valery after a security panel, where they might be able to free the captives in the ruined lab. "Could you tell me a little more about what to expect?" she asked eagerly. "Do you have another Sith for us to slay? Perhaps capture and interrogate?"

forest.jpg

Batorine
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan

"It's... going to be something a little different," Valery said with a mischievous grin. She didn't want to tell the woman too much, or she might end up using her Force Cloak practice to escape her, but she didn't want to lie either. "I want to get to know you a bit better, so it's more like... team-building. Then after it, I have some training planned, and likely more assignments too." Luckily there wasn't anything weird about the training or assignments she wanted to do with Maeve.

But the team-building was definitely one way to explain taking her out somewhere to relax a bit.

Sadly, Maeve only seemed to want more answers, so she let out a soft sigh and relented. "I think you'd benefit from not always being out on missions. So I'd like to take you somewhere for some R&R before we get into far more dangerous missions together. That won't be a problem, right?"

Maeve didn't like the mischievous grin Valery was wearing, but she was a member of the Council and she trusted she didn't have anything too monstrous planned. Team-building and training sounded perfectly normal in her eyes. What was the harm in saying yes? The worst that could happen was Maeve nursing either a bruised pride or a few bruised ribs from sparring, right?

So, slowly, she nodded in agreement. "Alright. I'll bite."

Maeve faced the captives, who were now filtering out from their cages, released with the press of a button. Many were haggard and malnourished, but stood strong enough to walk on their own. All they needed was a guide out from the facility, and with the Sith Lord and his garrison dead, it was just a matter of walking out the front doors. An Alliance extraction team was already en route to recover the captives, so that was that.

There was just one question left. A mystery that left Maeve wondering.

She turned to Valery and cocked an eyebrow. "Wait, Master Noble," she said, a little unsure of herself. "What does R and R mean?"

End Thread.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom