Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are The Primeval [Post-Invasion]

The overall jovial atmosphere of the feast did not sit well with Mard. Yes, he had entered the base, and yes, he had survived the whole thing, fighting through - and hiding from - waves of Mandalorians, as he sought to sabotage the damned shields. Yes, he was alive. He had a broken leg, a shoulder that still hurt so much that it heightened his desire to curse every second, and many other injuries. The burns, broken bones and bruises were all not the reason he did not feel entirely comfortable at the table, though.

He had lost all his subordinates. All the brave soldiers, all the skilled drivers. They had not survived the assault as relatively unscathed as he had. And this weighed on his mind, troubling him greatly even through the rather opulent feast. The wine helped, though. The wine, the food, and the cigar he had lit after he was finished with the meat. All distractions, and he was perfectly aware of the fact, but they did their job nonetheless.

He suddenly realised that really, this congregation of overly happy people was not the place to be. They were dragging him down by being so kriffing enthusiastic about winning. He also knew he just needed some time and some more distractions to get over his current funk - he never stayed that way for too long before.

"Karking thrice-damned bantha lovers", he muttered under his breath, and stood up. Just for a second, he was upright, towering over both people to his sides with an empty wine glass in his hand. Then, he grabbed a bottle of the wine from the table, and started walking away - just for a moment, though, before stopping, turning, and grabbing a second bottle. He would probably need those.

Hobbling past the bodies of the fallen on a broken leg encased in some kind of cast, two wine bottles in the left, and a cigar in his teeth, he noticed a forest up the hill somewhat from the place the tables were set up. A good place for some calm, and for drinking himself to oblivion. Nearing the trees, he hissed at the pain flaring up... well, everywhere.

Somebody had apparently had a similar idea. A small man, with weird face paintings, was laying down on the ground, smoking something.

"Mind if I sit?"

[member="Kiber Dorn"]

He was content to keep to himself, but only for reasons of inferiority and that he might have felt guilty amongst the wounded when he in fact, hadn't done anything at all. It would have probably been in Kiber's best interests to start fabricating a tale of false deeds to please his Master. Hey, it had to be done. There was this gleam in Anja Aj'Rou's eyes that spoke of a craving, one that called for his execution.

The pantheon would have more than likely been offended by such an offering, Force, they probably would have spat him back. Rejected by the Gods.

Sounded like a sweet band name.

Continuing to smoke in peace, emerald eyes watched the opaque clouds drift towards the sky and eventually dissipate into nothingness. A farewell from my blackened lungs.

Huh, sounded like the first single.

Sadly it was not long after that the Kiber realised that he could not play any instrument bar the electric triangle, and that he probably wouldn't have garnered many groupies wielding that instrument and without the groupies, what was the point in being in a band? Musical integrity? To give people audible joy? Get a grip.

Suddenly he noted the shadow looming over him, a very large shadow, which made sense because it belonged to a very large man. There was a mild fear that he was about to get squashed but that was quickly replaced by a wry grin supplied from eyes that caught glimpse of two wine bottles.

“Nah, take a pew, brosephine,” he said, eyes flicking downwards to the cast that encased the mammoth man's leg, “that looks like a sore one, huh?”

---

[member="Mard Szaks"]

In the celebrations few could notice an uninvited guest except by the way they acted or perhaps in some cases dressed. For now it seemed only [member="Damien Daemon"] and herself had noticed the young woman who had wandered into their midst. The Host Lord's eyes did not leave hers, the pale orbs scrutinized the humanoid for any details she might've missed at first glance. A few moments had passed since she responded to Anja's question before Anja herself would offer a retort.

"If you're not here as our enemy then who are you here as?" She asked the woman, still her eyes did no leave where they stared; the piercing gaze of an Umbaran was rather unpleasant to most. The witch lost focus of everything else that was going on, the celebration and feasting became a faded ambiance as her ears were keen on listening carefully to what her conversation partner had to say.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Matreya

Damien, still reclined, placed his arm over the back of his chair so as to watch the encounter of the duo as they spoke. Sending out his mental essence in his Force Shadow, he watched through the eyes of said essence. The new woman seemed scared, or nervous, whichever was the case. The Host Lord, in her own form of pity, did not drop a potential enemy in a fail swoop.

Rising up, Damien wrapped his robes tightly around himself, then moved closer. Attempting to avoid contact with those along the way, he continued to leave himself mostly absorbed into his Shadow. Stumbling a moment, he righted himself and ignored the chair leg he had hit his shin upon.

Stopping behind the Host Lord, he left a little distance between them as he stared at the event unfolding before him. He was there as a possible mediator but mostly as help if Anja needed it.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] [member="Damien Daemon"]

Kay wanted to say that she came as no one in particular, but that wouldn't be wise. Such a reply would've gotten her perhaps a violent response. And as if she weren't uncomfortable enough, Anja's stare made it even worse.

It wasn't long before Damien approached and she wasn't quite sure if it was for Anja's support or for an attack. Either way, she was getting much more attention than she had wanted and her tummy grumbled in response to the smells of the food on the plate that she still held.

Kay looked to the others in the tent, taking note of how many they were and the state of some of their injuries that she could see, before returning her gaze to Anja's stare. "I come as...well a healer. In exchange for this meal. I didn't mean to intrude nor am I a thief." And then she looked up to Damien for a brief moment as he was the one to give the food to her.

Anja's stare finally wandered away, this time her pale eyes found themselves on the aforementioned wounded. The Primeval had their own healers but it was a curious to deal that, in exchange for food they'd provide healing services to those injured in the battle. Curious enough for the witch to consider accepting, just to see. She found no deception in what she said, but it was oddly misplaced and clear she wasn't letting on entirely; the Umbaran cautiously approached the situation.

"I accept," she responded to the woman's offer.

Saying no more than that, Anja turned back to the gifts that were laid out in front of her, bits and pieces mostly but one curious object was left within. Her eyes locked onto its contents but her hands did not move to reach for it.

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Damien Daemon"]

A simple question is asked: when a psychopathic Hutt Warlord detached from reality claims victory over a Mandalorian planet by sending hundreds of souls into the burning flames of friendly fire, to progress the ultimate victory of the Primeval... how do they celebrate? Well the answer is simple, he simply acts as he did on the battlefield or in his own abodes. He played with entrails and ate people.

In the large gather of bodies, both from the fallen and simple captives, is where the enormous maggot resided. On the battlefield that midnight monster had exerted a great deal of energy motivating the dead to run to their ultimate fates, and it had even ripped apart his hands into tiny tendrils that now wrapped around each other in a bloody acidic embrace. The tendrils that passed for his hands laced over a charred bit of face in the growing pile of bodies, and the large mouth was in an abhorrent smile.

His eyes were in a calm golden shade, as he blissfully was left alone to crawl around the mass grave, likely staked to be turned into a pyre. They wouldn't dare ignite it yet though... not while he was playing! While others ate or drank food at tables, the hutt ate and drank the casualties of war upon a mountain.

Even his Vaapad joined him in nibbling the dead.

Matreya

Damien met the woman's eyes, and in the link he pondered. Why then was she so shaken? Should she not have announced herself? Thoughts like these ran rampant through his mind until he finally couldn't stand it and sent out a mental probe to deduce if she was telling the truth.

It was not as if he sought control, nor pain, simply information.

To make it impossible to find who the probe belonged to - of course that being if she was adept at sensing things like such - he turned his attention to the pile of goods and asked Anja, "Host Lord, what are all of these things? Spoils to go to the greater Primeval or simply rewards for those present?"

Noticing where his allies eyes were, he looked to the same spot in the pile, "Also, what is that? Something that has caught your eye obviously has worth."

The entire time though Damien spent energy attempting to read Lady Kay's mind.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Kay-Larr

Kay bowed her head as her offer was accepted. That was a relief. She backed away and sat down at the edge of the tent, cradling the plate on her crossed legs while she started to eat, reminding herself to eat slow or it wouldn't help her hunger much. And she needed her strength for healing. How many would suffice paying for the meal? Who knows? She was just glad that the war was over and that she could soon find a way to get off the planet and back to somewhere safer.

As she ate she heard Damien speak of the Primeval and furrowed her brows a little. She had heard of them before, but only in passing. There was never any details. She could've met members before only she just never knew about it.

Kay couldn't help but still feel vastly uncomfortable or more so, unsafe. Perhaps it was because there was so much death or that the violence still echoed in the air. Her late husband had always kept her away from battle, only calling for her when her healing gifts were needed. It was times like these when she missed having him watching over her and protecting her from Darksiders and others of that ilk. Sure she has friends all over now, but for the moment and in this place she was alone.

He watched and studied. He worshipped and loved. He chew and he tore.

Mishk did not know what was happening. He had not been part in any war of Wayland. But he sensed his masters state, and Mishk was certain of that he had done something good.

As the great darkness - [member="Zambrano the Hutt"] - swallowed an entrail the small jawas red gleaming eyes went wide with admiration. For a short time he could not help but watch. Then he snapped out of it and found himself a corpse of his own. He clawed his way into its belly and took good time to find a piece that resembled what his master just had swallowed. Realising he was inferior to the great dark he had trouble keeping up. It left him with half devoured body parts spread all over. But he did not care, because the only rival present was the Vapaad. And they both knew how to enjoy this game without disturbing their master.

Amidst the trinkets was a small Bronzium cube, she looked to it but wasn't sure what it was.

The Gulandi who had brought it to her noticed her looking at the particular object, "Your Worship, we've found many more like like... Should we gather them?" The Warrior asked of his Host Lord.

Anja simply nodded and the Sephi ran off, securing a few soldiers to help. "Not sure what it is," she replied to Damien before turning her attention back to the healer. Of all the strangers she's met, [member="Lady Kay"] was perhaps the most content in her presence. The witch didn't really have a reputation but this is the first time a stranger came to her and tried to barter a deal. It was a deal that for now she accepted, assuming she was actually a healer it did benefit The Primeval.

"Why are you on Wayland?" Anja asked her.

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Kay-Larr

Kay just tried to keep to her own business while she ate. A quick glance to the strange cubes reminded her of some of the Sith relics that her and a friend had to destroy, but most likely those weren't the same thing. This was a Mandalorian planet afterall and they don't tend to favour Force objects very well.

It took a second for Kay to realize that Anja was speaking to her as she was doing her best not to pry into another's business. But once she figured it out, stopped eating. "I'm not sure if you'll believe me but I am the former COO of Armatech and they hold rather large contracts with the Mandalorians. I left the company a couple of months ago and was planning on visiting my old co-workers. But the transport vessel that I had bought a ticket for brought me to the wrong planet. I was trying to get a way out when the battle started. The best thing that I could do besides becoming a casualty was to hide. So I did." It was the truth and she hoped that it was enough to satisfy Anja and Damien.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px][member="Auswyn Nothrael"] | [member="Boo Chiyo"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Easy, kid.” the soft hum of a voice would reach his mind, but it didn’t traverse the usual line of trajectory that a voice usually used. There weren’t no vibrations in the air that spoke of [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]normal[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] means of verbal transfers and the ‘sound’ - [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]if you could really call[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] it a sound, seemed to be coming from every direction at once, moving past the innate guards that every sentient possessed before nestling itself deep inside of their very being.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“She is already unclothing you with her eyes, looking for the soft tissue to dive her nails in. Heh… and not in the [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]pleasant[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] ways.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]It was then that they would notice a figure leaning against the wall, a few wisps of shadows dissipating into the air and suggesting [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]something[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px], but their minds would be just a little bit too focused on the other details of the silhouette to really bother with the wisps.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]For one, at first glance he seemed like an ordinary man. A pair of icy blue eyes, an easy grin on the lips, wearing a halfway decent tuxedo with something of a robe hanging from his shoulders, but there was more to it than that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]His hair seemed more hairy, his eyes… more eye-y? It was difficult to explain, but you had the distinct feeling that the ‘man’ - [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]if you could really call[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] him a man[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px], [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]was inhabiting more than one particular reality at the same time. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Or perhaps Jared Ovmar was employing some kind of trick, you never really knew with the likes of him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Step away from her, if you would.” [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]his mouth was still not moving.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“I think I can be of assistance here.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Those same eyes suddenly turned a more mesmerizing glint as they went from lazily unfocused to meeting her eyes with a more intense concentration.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Can’t I, little Auswyn?[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]” [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Only she would hear those last words.[/SIZE]

It might've been a surprise, but Anja had no idea who or what ArmaTech was... Despite the fact a nearby Mythosaur wreckage was left mostly intact, probably with a clear label somewhere as to who made the behemoth that ripped through their forces. "ArmaTech? I've never heard of them... And they wouldn't be upset with you being here and offering to help us? We're not Mandalorians." Anja assumed she knew that much already but even still it was amusing for the stranger to be so forthcoming.

If it was anyone else, they'd like have kept their mouth shut but luckily for Lady Kay, the Host Lord was someone who valued honesty above all.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Kay was a horrible liar, so she always kept to the truth. Well mostly. But lies always bit most people in the butt and she would find herself in enough troublesome situations as it is to even attempt to lie and cause herself even more trouble.

Anja's question caused her to be silent for a moment as she thought about the best way to answer. Once she had figured it out, she began. "Part of the reason that I had left ArmaTech was because the company started to become too much about supplying war machines. It wasn't like that when I started. As for me helping you instead of the Mandalorians, let's just say that I don't quite get along with them very well. Although I do have a couple of Mandalorian friends, but they are not the same as most and just stick to themselves."

She took another bite of meat and chewed it, making sure to swallow before she continued. "I have friends from all over, from various sides and they don't all get along either. I'm sure that my old teachers frown upon me. But I am helping you to pay for this meal as I don't know much about why you invaded, so I am unsure as to which side of this conflict that I should be on."

"Neither," she responded, "a healer shouldn't pick either side if their only goal is to heal the wounded. Should it matter which banner they bear?" Anja was sincere in her words, of course she held no pain for the dead of her enemies that lie here this day but she always saw genuine truths in all things. A healer healed, a warrior fought, a leader led, and people die for their cause.

That's war; and the simpler you make things the easier it is for those who fight it to grasp what they're doing. Anja watched as the woman ate through her meal, the Host Lord herself didn't seem too interested in the consumption of food right now. Instead she kept herself in a state of awareness, watching the little things as they went on. Listening, seeing, feeling... She kept all of her perceptions open to anything that they might pick up and understand. The witch, however, kept a curiosity for the healer.

"You said you're not from this world, correct?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

She nodded in agreement about being on neither side. Truth be told Kay was always on her own side and had friends in many different sides. She had even married a Darksider which was unusual and forbidden at the time for a Jedi. That might of changed now though. Kay just hasn't had any contact with the top brass of the Jedi Order to find out.

Once again she nodded her head to Anja's next question. She was lucky to not have been attacked or killed as soon as she had arrived, which spoke volumes about Anja and those at the table, like Damien. "Yes, I am from elsewhere, though I do a lot of travelling." She kept the part about being a Senator to herself as she was on her own little vacation, hence her intention to meet up with old co-workers.

"It seems fate has brought you here for a reason, then, I do not know what you believe in but I will tell you this... It's no coincidence that a healer has arrived here of all places during the eve of battle. Tell me; how skilled of a healer are you?" Her statement morphed into another question. This was really less of a conversation and more of an inquisition.

Anja wouldn't kill a stranger without a reason to do... Would she have them captured, kept, and perhaps even indoctrinated? Likely, but she'd never spill blood without a reason to do so; that didn't necessarily mean she needed a very compelling reason, however. What it did mean is that because the woman was still alive that Anja had no intention to do away with her, she wasn't someone who kept people around until they were no longer of use before ridding the galaxy of their existence.

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Damien Daemon"]

Kay-Larr

Kay thought about her statement. It sure seemed like coincidence or at the very least bad luck. At least this time the transport vessel didn't crash. She's had three such incidents happen in the past year and not all of them ended well. This time however, her arrival here was a mistake which she was trying to rectify. But the battle got in the way.

She was almost done her plate of food. Kay decided to answer Anja's question first before finishing her meal. "Pretty fair. My late husband had me heal him as well as our friends after their battles. I studied up on it a lot in my schooling years." She kept the fact that she was an exiled Jedi to herself as she didn't always have to use the Force to heal someone.

After finishing her meal she got to her feet and quietly set the plate back on the table. "Do you have a medical tent or medical supplies that I could work with?"

Anja nodded, "everything should be with the wounded," she gestured to those seeking medical attention not too far off from the main celebration. There was of course a far greater force stationed elsewhere. A garrison would remain behind as the rest of the invaders left the world behind and onto new worlds.

She was somewhat eager to see what the woman could achieve. "The space above is currently controlled by my fleet and surely the Mandalorians would attack any ship leaving Wayland at this point..." She began to elaborate on something. "I assume you don't plan to stay here forever," she finally grabbed her cup and drank from the liquid before setting it down.

"When you are finished offering your services, you will return to Bastion with me," she stated. "From there you can find a ship that leads off world, unless of course you'd be interested in being of far greater help than you are now."

[member="Lady Kay"]

OOC: Sorry for the delay! It's been a really tough month for me. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom