Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was the Force Unleashed 2, TOO unleashed

Not much needs to be said really, besides it went a little overboard for a game that was shorter than our judgment of Phantom menace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8tCgGIjoJg

Pros:
  • Dismemberment
  • New locations
  • More story
  • Two sabers/ new combat style
  • Some enemies have invulnerability to specific attacks
  • Force fury

Cons:
  • Mind trick is an easy way out for most situations
  • Mind trick SOMEHOW makes some enemies explode
  • Force lightning can have a bigger AOE than the amount of enemies you fight at once.
  • Fighting small squads of enemies at a time.
  • Amount of hints makes the whole game feel like a tutorial
  • More button mashing than strategy
  • Seems more focused on visuals than the actual game
  • Only Three mission locations
  • Repetitive boss fights
    ( Gorag: dodge, lightning. Spider: Disable sheilds via button mash, slash and hack. Vader: Chase around slash and hacking)
  • Enemies can't interrupt you as much as they could in TFU1

Conclusion: Starkiller is WAAAY too Overpowered,
For someone who is a FRESH clone

Lira Dajenn

L
I am of the firm belief that the Force Unleashed games were based on the concept of;

"OKAY GUYS. HOW CAN WE MAKE SPACE WIZARDS SEEM EVEN MORE AWESOME?"

And then they rolled with it. Perhaps too hard.

chrisgelderd

Half Bond, Half Bean.
Brilliant game BUT it just felt, for me, too much like what I'd expect a decent expansion / add-on pack to feel like.

Some new additions, that's fine and good for novelty value and marketing BUT scratch the surface and it's the same old thing with nothing really new worth of top-money being spent on it.

And I found it over VERY quick with an ending too much like the first for my liking.

Probably a good thing they never made a 3rd as it seemed this should have been a one game sort of deal.

This is a very old topic that we've been over a dozen times. The conclusion is always the same: one or two people who enjoyed the game for being a fantasy fulfillment and allowing you to take the place of a physical god speak up in its defense, and the rest of us rage about how stupidly OP it made the Force seem and how it's destroyed the community perception of what the Force should be able to do.

We've been here over and over and over again. :p

Placeholder 0123

P
I enjoyed Force Unleashed 1. It was lovely.

2 is not real and the work of heretics. It must burn.

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
I looked at Force unleashed to as the penultimate fanboy squee to Yoda's line "Only limited in your mind." THe force is supposed to be infinite, supposed to be able to do amazing things and well this game lets you feel powerful, feel badass while giving a decent enough story to keep you going. It isn't perfect but damn if it isn't fun to grab a tie and throw it into another tie, of grab trooper lift itno air impale, lightning then throw so he explodes killing several others. We knew from that early tech demo when they showed a stormtrooper being force pushed into a wall and it breaking in DBZ style things were going to be large, then pulling down a star destroyer (which in game sucked but cinematic was awesome). I never tried to look to deep into it just had fun

First play through the game was fun just because I just played it for the story, and to unlock the hardest difficultly. (Flew through the game in less than 3 hours which even by my standards is fast.) But on the Hardest difficulty, it was easier to play this on hard, then it was on the first one. Mostly as [member="Hadraas"], mentioned that it was more about mashing than straight up stragtery (Yes I spell it incorrect because I like to, Deal with it.) I felt more like I was rushing into battle and just beating the crap out of people if you had enough upgrades. If you go and do the extra missions all completed, and then go into the game. You are almost a complete god. I took hits from the Gorag and simply shook them off as though it was nothing. While when you first play through it just to do so, it was an almost insta-kill.

The sad part about the game was that I had upgraded my health last. (I always do just to give myself a challenge) and when I did, I found that I could literally stand there and just toss people off into the cliff of use them as mops on the floor. (pushing them with the analog stick to the floor and just flopping them around, trust me it's fun.) I know that some people like games like that, but I don't. It was a complete letdown for me because I wanted a real challenge. (Not as much as Dark Souls on impossible) Just something to make my brain think. I think the only part that I liked, was the Cinematics for when you are falling after the Gorag. and the special kills. The story was way to short for me. (I tested this even.) I took a total of 4.2 hours to complete the first one on hard, having to kill everybody. While the second one took as I said, less than 3 hours. (2.7 to be exact) I would have enjoyed it more if they added more to the story. other than just
  • Escape,
  • Find Kota,
  • Rescue the ship
  • Fine Juno
  • Defeat/Kill Vader
TD;LR: Liked the graphics, hated the story, wanted less mashing, Less god mode.

They made a fine video game (once) and a terrible attempt at a "story" (twice) without paying any respect to any of the source material. It was very much like reading a fanfiction.net OC story where the author had stopped to think every time he introduced one of the canon characters.

"How can I make my OC better than X?"

Every time. That's why this topic is so old and why every discussion about it ends in the same place. Because we were playing someone else's Mary Sue fanfic. And while that is totally okay with some people, most of us seem to crave something more. There's no conflict if you can just acquire some new godly power whenever an obstacle comes up.

Atlas Kane

A
At the beginning the game was fun. The new features were fun and all that stuff, but then it just got repetitive and boring. That's my two cents.

Evasion Studios
My only opinion on Force Unleashed two is this:

The game was too karking short! One mission was going to Dagobah to watch a cut-scene. This could of simply been a DLC instead of an actual game. They put more effort into the trailer than they did with anything else.

Dr'ven Khev'et

D
The thing that made me annoyed is when I read the comic version....

Juno takes a stab at Vader.... And it HITS?

No retaliation? No combat instinct on Vader's part?

Dr'ven Khev'et

D
CC-4277 said:
Ego. He thought she wouldn't attack him. So he forgot about her as Starkiller.Galen was the real threat.
Shouldn't have even been possible for her to get that far into his guard.... A Force-blind versus the Chosen One.... damn...

@Dr'ven Khev'et, A mistake. That's all it was. Even the most greatest of sith died from a mistake.

Darth Plageius - Killed in his sleep = Should have watched his back.
Darth Malik - Killed by former master Revan = Believed that he was stronger, and even needed energy from specimens, lack of preparedness.

I could go on, but I wont.

Because it is utterly impossible for a Force user to ever die to an NFU.

WrPLhFT.gif

Never has this ever happened in the history of the galaxy. Ever.

[member="Fabula Cavataio"]
If you read this forum it never has…. The number of times an NFU has actually beaten anyone over the rank of Knight is minimal. Possibly with the exception of Mandos.

*Rabble rabbles for hours about The Force Unleashed. Retreads the same ground as the previous threads.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom