Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

image0.jpg

Taris, Ojoster Sector, Outer Rim Territories
Tag: Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

A Tsrotzhu gunship sped off the surface of Taris. Within the cockpit Minerva without wearing her helmet maintains a steady course. Beside her in the co-pilot's was Irini the Sullustan sniper and Gakot the Klatooinian brawler, her most experienced lieutenants and most trusted friends in the Alliance military. Their destination was just a few minutes away. From the viewpoint she could see it. The Beast of Shukut, flagship of their new allies.

Behind her Gakot couldn't help but whistle in full admiration.

"That's a beauty. Canons and everything. My old ship captain would die of jealousy if he saw this."

Irni raised an eye at her comrade and with a smirk jokingly asked. "When is there's wedding Gakot?"

"Oh shut up ya scope reader." Retorted the former pirate but in good nature.

Smiling at their exchange, Minerva nonetheless cleared her throat.

"Alright you two let's focus. Once we get onboard we'll have much to dicuss with Aloy Visza.”

"What do you know of her?" Irni asked in a tone full of curiosity and a hint of apprehension.

Minerva shrugged at her best friend's question.

"Not much really and mostly by reputation Irni. She has fought more wars than I had lived and commands the Black Fleet. Basically a living legend amongst the Mando'a. Don't underestimate her."

Nodding at that Gakot then remarked.

"This will be an interesting assignment, working with more Mandos."

"Don't expect too much of a warm welcome. Allies or not our company is outsiders to them and while Mando’a I’ll be a newcomer in their eyes. We're both going to have earn each other's trust and respect the hard way.”

Even as she gave that warning Minerva reflected on it, staring aimlessly down at the console. She knew why Alliance command picked her and the strike force to be attached to the Black Fleet. As a fellow Mandalorian they believe her suitable as their liaison in this new partnership. Inwardly she was excited at the chance to work and fight alongside vod again though it mixed in with wariness born from how the late Enclave destoryed her trust in them.

Fighting back a sigh Minerva then felt a hand on her left shoulder. Slightly turning her head she looked with one eye and saw it was a concerned Irni. Without her commander saying anything the Sullustan can tell what was

"Give them a chance, Minerva, they are your people. You yourself told us they're not the Enclave. Whatever happens we’re with you."

Gakot nodded in agreement with a toothy grin. Feeling grateful by their loyalty Minerva nodded stoically, humbled by her friend's words. Most non-Mandalorians wouldn't understand but having fought beside each other since the Second Hyperspace War they were true comrades. Looking away Minerva then ordered.

"Head back and check on the others. We've be docking soon."

Hearing that Gakot and Irni both got up and walked out the cockpit. Subsequently Minerva activiated the ship's comms as she neared the flagship hailing in Mando'a.

"Ibic cuyir Minerva Fhirdiad be Nynir Dabida I'dadr. Sarsalr at olaror ohlyarta'nu."(Translation: This is Minerva Fhirdiad of Strike Force Talon. Permission to come aboard.)

In additon she made sure to give the recognition code that the Black Fleet would have by now.

Last edited:
sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

<<"Tatuk, Fhirdiad. Utre'la bah rusur">> A communications officer replied after a brief pause.

The Beast of Shukut lowered it's hanger shields, a massive hole in the ship's underside opening for the small gunship that was no longer being tracked by flak guns. Rising into the beast, one might see the telltale signs of imperial craftsmanship, with distinct wall lights and smooth lack floors plated into the bone-white duraplast construction. In a few places, carbon scoring leftover by blaster fire was still visible.

But it was plain to see that the ship's imperial history had come to an end. A few banners hung beside doorways bearing the Black Hand emblem or Mythosaur. and Mandalorian Marines wearing the same emblem over their blue armor were everywhere, tending starfighters, playing cards or simply standing guard.
Curiously, there were Mandalorians who didn't bear the Black Fleet's icon mixed among them, and some were not even Mandalorians at all. Nite Owl remnants, Death Watch Crusaders, and even rebels using stolen imperial equipment.

These were not the forces of House Vizsla, but a cause of Masterless rebels that transcended all authority. Save for one soul.

As the gunship arrived, Aloy Vizsla entered the large hanger bay, wearing a long kimono and a matching scarf of fine but worn silk, lined with broken and scorched coins, minted in sith and imperial designs that jingled and clattered with every step. Though, it also bore the Ironheart, made from Beskar that had been burnished gold to match the coins taken as trophies. Unlike the coins however, this pieces gleamed as if freshly polished, as if to remember someone, rather than a victory.

"Su cuy'gar," She would greet them, gesturing in welcome to the group with a cybernetic hand that looked strangely like porcelain, with many intricate floral patterns of blue paint and Bronzium inlays, matching the prosthetic leg on her opposite side.

"Greetings for those of you who do not speak our tongue. I have to admit, Our communications officer was stunned to hear it. Nor was I expecting a Mandalorian aboard an Alliance ship" Her tone was cordial, though inquisitive.

Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad
MJSj9cS.png

Minutes earlier…

Once they docked, Minerva put on her helmet and went into the interior of the ship. She was met by Gakot, Inri and five others. They stood together facing her and she quickly addressed them.

"We are about to work with new allies. It comes with both challenges and opportunities and we meet them head on together. You all know I prefer to be direct and to the point as do many of my vod. So be straight with them and be respectful but not be formal about it. That will come across as patronizing.

If any of you are confronted or challenged, stand your ground and don't back down while being wise about it. They respect strength but not foolishness so keep all of that in mind. The best way we can earn one another's trust in the coming days by action. I have full confidence in your ability to do so and the rest of our company. Any questions?"

There was none. Nodding in reaction Minerva opened up the ramp…

In the present

Coming out the eight member party went with silent confidence with hints of curiosity with their surroundings. Being a pirate Gakot couldn't help but keep admiring the ship. Irni for her part looked toward the weapons that the crew had with them. Minerva could tell from the battle scars that this vessel was won by blood. She smirked under the helm enjoying the idea that the previous Imp owners suffered such a loss.

Upon seeing Death Watch crusaders she briefly paused, remembering talking with some of them shortly before the Kestri skirmish. That felt like a lifetime ago to Minerva now and she gave a nod of recognition to them assuming any still remember her.

Halting several feet away Minerva examined the veteran warlord before her from head to toe. This was indeed Aloy Vizsla. As for the latter she and her comrade would note their allies weren't wearing standard alliance kit but makeshift gear and armor made them look more like mercenaries and pirates.

"Su cuy'gar." Minerva answered back fluently and full of respect. At the Black Fleet commander's further statement she shrugged her shoulders.

"It's a long story Ke'gyce(commander) but sufficient to say during the last war I volunteered with the Alliance military to fight the Maw and Empire directly and ended up staying on even when it ended."

Turning to the side she began to introduce the others.

"These are our company's platoon leaders, Gakot N'din, Irni Rognat, Passi Se and Dre Ricon."

Aloy would note Dre Ricon being a grizzled human male with olive skin he displayed a bore yet calculating expression beneath his heavy brown beard and semi baldish head. Passi was a confident orange skinned Nauloan female grinning ear to ear. As for Gakot with a pirate's swagger the Klanootian gave a casual two finger salute with his right hand. Irni for her part simply nodded but her dark eyes displayed a huntress' spirit.

Pointing to those on the right side Minerva next said.

"This is the company's executive officer Fhant Zev, our chief medi Morsil Shanso and Ito Sumi our main communications expert and leading hacker."

Fhant was a Kiffar male with dark long hair in a ponytail and green yellow clan marking on his face. He examined the Mandalorian leader in a more serious matter. Next was a blue Chagrian male in emerald gear that bore a red medical symbol on the right shoulder plate, Morsil. Ne looked around with an almost bored and impatient expression. Finally was Sumi, a young human female but of Artisian origins.

She briefly waved with the left hand before checking on her datapad for the latest reports.

Last edited:

Aloy looked upon the motley crew with moderate interest. They weren't quite what she had expected from a force of core-worlders, though nothing about the Alliance was quite what she had expected. They seemed less like a uniform combat unit and more like mercenaries or irregulars brought in for a particular set of skills. It made sense for a Mandalorian to be leading them, and Aloy reserved a certain respect for Vode who could unite others under their banner.

Still, she couldn't help feeling that the woman wanted something specific that she had yet to ask. The way she introduced the top names in her crew one by one. and the way she addressed her as Ke'gyce seemed to indicate they they expected to be working with the fleet more closely. Perhaps the alliance wished for some sort of liaison with the Black Fleet? perhaps the alliance was familiar enough with it's history to assume that they were not bound to the protector's authority, and thus opted to attach a separate group. Well, they were partially correct at least, though she favored Mand'alor the Rekindler far more than the Enclave.

"This is Eqhu Rook," She began introducing some of her own companions, deciding to go with the flow of things
"Rally Master of my personal guard and ground assault"

The Death Watch rally master placed a fist to his chest in an armored salute, gaze seeming to linger on Minerva's green armor.

"And this is Oomie" Upon hearing their name, a modified battle droid stepped from behind Viper Team, looking up from a data pad which they tucked into a pocket sewn into an old cape. Curiously, the droid carried a Vizsla dueling saber in an ornate sheath on their waste, an honor typically reserved for members of the clan itself, and considered quite rare since the Flashfire virus destroyed many mandalorian communities on Roon.

"I would introduce you to the other officers, but we have over fifty thousand crew aboard, Excluding my marines. Something tells me we have business or duties to discuss anyway"

She would cross her arms, curious what the Alliance wanted now that she had already pledged her support to the joint strike team bound for Odacer-Faustin.

MJSj9cS.png

"We do." Minerva immediately answered.

It was becoming more clear that the Alliance Authorities didn't see fit to inform Vizsla of their coming nor their purpose for that. Perhaps they thought Minerva as a Mandalorian would explain it better in person or maybe they weren't really comfortable dealing with the Black Fleet themselves more than they wanted to, considering the late conflict with the former Enclave.

I bet fifty credits it was a combination of both. She thought to herself with some frustration.

Well she is here now so it was best to deal with it.

"Alliance command sent us. Our orders are to assist the Black Fleet in operations against the Sith if you're willing to accept our strike force under your command. Of course even if your answer is no we'll share what intel we have available. It's the least we can do."

Hence why she brought only her staff. The rest of the company who weren't wounded or killed were waiting on standby back down on Taris. Minerva wasn't going to insult a fellow Mandalorian just by assuming that she would accept the offer as it is owed. This wasn't some Alliance cruiser that its captain has to comply with orders from Coruscant after all. Rather from Minerva‘s view the Black Fleet was the equivalent of an independent clan or a coalition of them.

Last edited:

It was always difficult to tell what the old Vizsla was really thinking when it came to meetings like this. All most people saw during an exchange was that helmet painted with teeth that made her look more like a hungering creature, especially when she wore a clawed prosthetic during the shadow crusade. Even the interior shell was made from materials with telepathy blocking properties, a symbol of a paranoia to crown a woman who had suffered betrayal one after the other from her own kind.

And yet, she assumed the lack of warning to be a simple error of paperwork, as often befell such large military organizations.

That was part of the reason she created the fleet honestly. She hadn't signed a single military form since it's inception. Today would not be an end to that tradition either, as it seemed today was more of an offer than a supposed order from the alliance military, at least regarding her fleet. The trouble with Ronin such as Aloy was always authority, and it was clear that Minerva was not her to exert any over this ship nor it's crew.

There would be no further issue.

Just as she intended to speak up however, the Rallymaster also spoke his mind
"Grandmaster, she was at the second battle of kestri, when we served your daughter"

"You fought in the same battle as Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla ?" Aloy glanced briefly to Minerva in surprise, then to "Redsun Rook" as he continued.

"It's coming back to me. We introduced ourselves between the little viper's not-so-little speeches. You were just as eager as she to see the imperials out of orbit even before the betrayal. Forgive me that I did not remember the name in my old age, but I recognize that green armor even still"

Redsun politely tapped his fist to the ironheart on his breastplate in a brief salute to a fellow veteran., though Aloy seemed taken aback if her silence was anything to go by. She would turn to Minerva slowly, still processing the emotions welling up beneath that helmet of hers.

In the end, she opted to remove it.

The old warlord was similar to others of the Vizsla-Kryze families in that she she had copper-red hair, done up in a bun as to keep it from hanging loose from under a helmet. But what most failed to mention was the steel-blue to her eyes, one always slightly wider than the other as if it were trained down the sights of a pistol for so long that the other had settled into a permanent squint, even if subtle.

Contrary to everything else about her character however, there was a certain softness in the way she looked at Minerva. Understanding, maybe and perhaps a degree of gratitude, but something else as well.

"I wasn't there for the battle, I'm afraid. I was... away on business of sorts" She sighed with a subtle shame

"But my daughter, Tae'l, she said the fighting was fierce. I respect anyone who fights a battle she considers fierce"

Aloy then turned away, gesturing for the group to follow while she lit a cigarette, and perhaps tried to regain some composure.

"I also respect those who left the enclave to pursue a path of their own making, like myself. Perhaps we can discuss this and your battles over some Cassius Tea? My men will help yours unload and we'll show you all to your quarters soon enough" She called from over her shoulder

MJSj9cS.png

Last edited:

Once the Rallymaster spoke up it confirmed what she already guessed. Viper team. Only though their interaction had been short just before the battle that followed she remembered the conversation fondly. Inside the helm she grinned and said to the older warrior, Eqhu Rook.

"It is great to see you alive and still fighting Rallymaster. Our talk was a bright spot for me in that event."

Back then she never understood why the Enclave allowed the Imperials to have a large fleet percent. The two sides could've just messaged on the holonet or met at a location away from the capital. Instead blundered into a bloody however brief fight due to treachery and sheer stupidity. It was what first drove her away from the Enclave before the Kashyyyk raid years later destroyed what sympathies she once held. When Aloy removed her helm, and made her confession Minerva understood.

The warlord was a mother to T'ael as much as Jorel had been a father to her while he still drew breath.

At the offer she nodded without hesitation. In truth the Mandalorian hadn't much opportunity to simply talk with fellow Mandalorians aside for a few exceptions. Looking back to her commander and staff she ordered.

"Zev called up the rest of the company. Make sure everyone gets situated."

"Yes captain." The Kiffer answered without missing a beat.

With that Minerva marched after Aloy. Once walking next to her on the left side she admitted.

"Kestri had been a tough fight though short. Before it started your daughter and I agreed the Imps should've never been allowed that close to the world. It was a shame I didn't get the chance to fight alongside Viper team but it was a pleasure to spend time with them."

"The reports were... interesting. I do beleive if The Quartermaster had lived, the imperial fleet wouldn't have been allowed over Kestri. The Enclave was very different in those early years, you see. I didn't know her as closely as I would have liked- None of us did- but I still respect her memory a great deal"

Aloy tapped the golden Ka'rta beskar that hung from her scarf, then began removing the glove from her good hand

"It's why I became an Armorer and forged this piece. I hate what the enclave has become, but it's important to remember one's history. The Quartermaster took squabbling tribes of nomads without a home and brought us to Roon even before Mand'alor the Reclaimer failed his duties. She was wise, caring, helped me build my home when I and Darsch Vizsla where the only members of our clan for many lightyears"

"And later, when I married Tan'yill Vizsla,"
She revealed a sturdy ring made of phrik about her slender finger, almost identical to Tan'yill's.

"She forged our wedding rings"

It was perhaps the first time Aloy had smiled all day, tinged with nostalgia and a deep love shared between she and her wife. It was good to forget about recent events sometimes, to let one's mind drift away from work if only briefly.

Through an elevator and down another corridor, the group would eventually entire a small part of the recreation facility meant for the ship's crew. There was a bar with a door leading to one of the main mess halls, an area for holo-games that involved strategy and even an area for animals, but Aloy took them to a particular area of the indoor garden she had personally modified since taking the ship. There was a simulated stream and moss that surrounded a small wooden platform. In the center of this platform was a small stone table with two chairs, and a small fire pit.

Aloy dismissed her guards, with the exception of Rook who remained at the garden entrance just out of earshot, but close enough that she could summon him if the need to direct viper team came.

"On the subject of past figures, I was hoping you might tell me more about your interactions with Tae'l. She was never a talkative sort, outside of pre-battle jitters i'm told"

The old Vizsla opened a hidden cabinet built into an artificial stone nearby, removing an old tea pot that she left to boil over the tiny fire pit. All around them was uncharacteristically green for a Mandalorian warship, but filled with flora that was once native to Mandalore before the purge, and atrisian decore as well, such as the small bonzai trees that Aloy had taken special care to trim.

MJSj9cS.png

Still wearing her helmet Minerva walked on. She listened as Aloy recounteed about the Quartermaster. The younger warrior bit her lower lip in reaction. In all her contempt with the current Enclave she blocked out the memories of its founder. After what her successors did she had begun to question the legend's own motivation. Yet hearing Vizsla speak of the good the late leader felt as a humbling rebuke to her.

"I never got to know the Quartermaster personally but while she lived I felt at home there while it lasted." Minerva confessed in a tone that bordered grief and guilt.

The former for their loss and the latter because of her resentment toward Quartermaster's legacy when it was her so-called heirs who had abused it. Once on the elevator trip, they entered the indoor garden. She marveled at it with widened eyes of wonder allowing herself to enjoy the beauty of it all.

A Mandalorian garden.

That is something she didn't take lightly but rather as a reminder they can be more than just destroyers. Taking a seat by the wooden platform Minerva finally removed her helm. Aloy would finally see her ally's face. Placing the helmet on the side of the table she sat facing her hostess. At the request she admitted.

"Well we did talk for a few minutes before the battle began. I was walking by when I overhead her expressing out loud her distaste with the Imps being there. It was similar to my view then I introduced myself and she did and the Viper Team. She and the Rallymastsr banter the most as I recall in that exchange."

A slight chuckle escaped her. Subsequently Minerva continued,

"Then we speculated what the Imperial scum were up to and your daughter's suspicion about there being uncovered commandos planet-side proved to be accurate in fact. Tae’l was proud to tell me her first kill being an Imp back when they called themselves the Imperial New Order. She also expressed how she wanted to be backed by survivors and was quite confident that we would wipe the floor with that bunch we were staring down at."

Staring at the embers of the fire pit she looked up to Aloy again.

"Not long after I went on my way and the fighting started. I didn't see her nor the Vipers afterwards to be honest."

"Ah, only a brief encounter then?" Aloy said with some disappointment. Still, she learned something new about her daughter's past

"She was a sharp one, and loudly independent- as a Mandalorian should be- perhaps even more than I"
She smiled, stirring the the kettle some before turning to sit down.

A tea set was carefully laid out between both parties, made from atrisian porcelain that looked almost identical to the fine prosthesis attached to the old Vizsla's arm, though the cups themselves were shaped almost more like a Mandalorian shot glass than what she imagined alliance tea cups might have looked like. If one were look carefully when she moved them, they had a small mythosaur skull engraved into the very bottom, custom made it seemed.

"That imperial commando, her first kill, she wore the beskar taken from that raid you know. It was harder to come by back then, before the enclave found ore on Kestri. But it was not with them that she raided, but Death Watch. Rook was her squad commander during my family's brief alliance with the crusaders"

There was a certain smugness to that statement as her lips curled at the corner into a toothy smirk. Aloy might surround herself with pretty and sometimes delicate things, but she was still a Mandalorian. But unlike the many decadent leaders she had served and then distanced herself from over the years, she had paid the iron price for all of it. Same as her daughter.

Many Mandalorians had forgotten this way, until now.

"The thing is Minerva, our Quartermaster was not just a builder but a survivor. Her successors were handed everything they own. Nepotism without blood relation, and it spiraled out of control. They won easy victories, got fat off plundering Alliance worlds when we should have joined forces to fight the very enemy who took the quartermaster from us:

The Sith"

Much like the tea that had finished boiling, Aloy's tone changed. It was no longer smug, but she did not let herself lose control this time, nor the tea bubble out of it's kettle. She carefully poured their cups now, as she carefully tried to illustrate the point to Minerva without letting her own vitriol fester while thinking about Romul Saxon.

"I've been thinking a lot about why Mandalorians so often fail themselves throughout history. The Mandalorian Empire fell to Sith Betrayal. Under Mand'alor the Reclaimer, we fell to the inaction of our own leadership- I won countless battles for them- but still Apollyon The Betrayer Apollyon The Betrayer crippled our infrastructure when the Mand'alor abandoned his post, and Mandalore fell again. Now the Enclave is losing influence across the outer rim- for a second time- and little by little, their clans return to Mandalore.

Their ways have all failed. Why do you think that is?"

She leaned her elbows into the table, looking to Minerva in anticipation of her answer. She wanted to know just how similar they might be.

MJSj9cS.png

Minerva stayed quiet taking in the veteran's words to heart. She hadn't even been alive during most of the previous Mandalorian regimes but only briefly worked with the Mandalorian Union then the Enclave. With the right hand she raised the tea cup and squeezed the left hand into a fist remembering why she left the Enclave years before Kashyyyk. The fact they didn't settle on a leader and tried to avenge the Quarmaster should've been a warning sign of what they would become.

I was too blind to see it even when I left them.

Sipping the tea she closed her eyes and enjoyed it. It soothes her troubled heart as she sighed. At the question Minerva looked up to Aloy and considered her answer. She didn't intend to give a so-called right answer but her honest opinion.

"Losing focus and inflexibility." She said plainly before drinking some more.

Then the younger warrior went further.

"Maybe I'm wrong about that, but that's how I see it. While the Sith are our truest enemies, yet too often we have been our own worst foes even when we're not fighting each other.”

Then she paused looking to the side in deep reflection.

"After Kestri I was so confused why we weren't preparing to avenge the Quartermaster as soon as possible. In addition the whole mess with the Imps frustrated me so much that I left. So I wandered from Tatooine to Mek-Sha, trying to do mercenary work like before serving the Enclave. But it was aimless and didn't lessen my frustrations. Eventually though I went to enlist with the Alliance military since they were the ones fighting both Mawites and the Empire."

Looking back at the fact Minerva realized with new resentment the Enclave' incompetence forced her to join outsiders in order to fight for what she believed in.

Last edited:

Losing Focus. She smiled, reclining in her seat. These were not the exact words Aloy planned to use, the Ex-Alor being perhaps too reliant on dramatics, but Minerva spoke to the core of her beliefs in only a few words. The old Vizsla was content then to simply listen in silence, setting aside her own input until Minerva had said her piece in full. Though as she continued, Aloy's smile loosened into a frown of understanding. There was a pain behind the younger Mandalorian's words that she had felt too many times not to recognize.

There was a brief pause while she thought on them and how best to respond, thinking to herself "what would Tan'yill Vizsla Tan'yill Vizsla say?". Her wife always knew how to comfort others even when faced with the worst of challenges, and even if she wasn't a psychic able to read that beautiful mind of hers, she could try her best to mimic a fraction of that warmth.

"What happened to you... was not fair" She sighed, leaning forward a little.

"But there is no shame in doing what you've done, to stay on the path you beleive is right. To remain focused"

"I'll admit, I've done things I'm not proud of. I've taken over a cartel from the inside out on Tatooine, briefly called the Daimyo's palace my home. I've fought other Mandalorians for trading our sacred Beskar to aruetiise, probably killed a few from the cockpit of a starfighter.

And I've all but abandoned the idea of serving a Mand'alor..."

She paused again, staring at the clear tea in her cup before she finished.

"But it's allowed me to do many great things too. People once beat into submission by the cartel now drink the very water once withheld by a corrupt Daimyo, their children playing freely in the streets, protected by Mandalorians. Those Vode who I once fought have worked with my fleet in a few battles against the sith, and now my fleet fights to defend Mandalore with renewed vigor, supported by an alliance of clans who are here because they beleive not in some title nor a relic from irrelevant history,

but because they beleive in what they think is right: In a free Mandalore"

Aloy spoke as if she were a child again, recounting from a fairy tale she read in a book.

"That is the way of people like you and I. The way of Iron. Titles, factions, none of it matters. All that matters is that you fight for what you think is right"

MJSj9cS.png

Hearing all that Aloy said next made Minerva pause. Slowly but surely a humbled and grateful expression came upon her features. For so long she had been besieged in the soul by loneliness and frustration. Granted she had her comrades in arms and friends within the Alliance and they formed a deep bond that helped greatly. Yet none of them could give guidance when it came to the Mandalorian way of life.

As a result she had to constantly rely on the teachings of her late father and her own past experiences at times as advice and others as renewing her motivation. Now to hear from someone who is a fellow Mandalorian who is not obsessed with entitlements and folly and actually understands where she is coming from means so much. It strengthen the resolve she had to keep on the path. The commando drank some more tea before allowing herself a moment to sigh. At the veteran's further confession Minerva paused before giving a small nod.

"Your song is inspirational vod."

Most aruetiise would be confused by that phrase but what the younger Mandalorian meant by song she really means Aloy's life. Then some questions occurred to her and Minerva asked them.

"How did you and those you fought put aside your differences? Did they had a change of heart about profiting off beskar to outsiders?”

She did find that part rather curious.

Last edited:

Aloy would bow her head. Not a smug grin like before, not a curt nod, just a genuine, slow bow of her head.
The younger Mandalorian's reaction was heartwarming. Not only her words, but Aloy could see it on her face that she had an affect. The only effect she wanted to have in that moment; to comfort one so lost and forlorn as she had been. In a way she almost felt like a mother again, or the mother she should have been. Minerva may not have realized it, but that moment may have sparked a subtle shift in how Aloy would carry herself around other Mandalorians. So convinced that she was hated by her own kind, she had lost sight of her duty and why she had founded the fleet: to prepare the next generation.

She would not forget again.

Then her guest asked a question that brought some of these past conflicts to mind, only she couldn't help laughing quietly to herself. It wasn't at Minerva's expense, nor was the subject unserious, but rather she laughed the way a young girl would if an embarrassing secret had been exposed. No matter, no one who knew the truth could challenge the fleet on their own now, they'd grown so powerful since those days.

"Well you see, they don't know it was us" She almost giggled.

Aloy was younger then, bolder, some would say hotheaded. Quite Mandalorian, she thought.

"In the past, we kept a low profile. The fleet was smaller then, designed for hit and run operations with stealth ships. Most were Ex-Nite Owl operatives who earned their veteran status during the shadow crusade. I don't want to say that we were pirates per se, but we would have been damn good if we were"

She started to drag her fingers through the air, as if finger painting a battlefield that only she could see.

"We were raiding a certain facility packed with Beskar that some Aruetiise who claimed the armor by blood- separated from the Mando'ade by generations- had sold to some corporation. Striilr Securities was a mercenary company of Mandalorians that were hired to guard that stash. Obstacles, more than enemies really. That was years ago, and we've fought beside them while engaging the Sith Order a few times since then, even bought some of their equipment to arm this very ship"

"Our OPSEC was, until my telling you this, very secure. They haven't recognized us, and we've seen no reason to fight since. Just a strange part of being Mandalorian, I suppose"

MJSj9cS.png

Indeed it sounded like a strange turn of events to her. She shook her head with a half amused snort. Of course one could also say Mandos and Jedi working together is weird given their history and differences. Minerva didn't idolize nor demonize them but had to come see the force trained guardians as people. Yes there consequences when Jedi fall to darkness or them making bad calls but at least they weren't Sith. Some Jedi annoyed her, while others gained her respect and a very few others she actually befriended.

Minerva's past self would've scoffed at the very idea of the latter but it's true now. Looking at Vizsla again she could tell the other woman carried a sense of both purpose and burden, one forged through leadership and the fires of life. Placing the now empty cup down near the firepit Minerva remarked.

"After I made up my mind I went straight to Coruscant. After explaining my intentions to the authorities I was able to join up at the nearest military base they directed me to."

Then she threw her head chuckling as the memories of those days came in.

"Given my background they didn't waste time with basic training stuff that they usually give to their citizen soldiers. Instead the Alliance instructors just focused on more advanced courses to get me familiar with their tactics, weapons and military structure. Discipline during combat, exercises and other field duties wasn't the issue but most of their formalities outside of warfare were quite alien and frankly annoying. That crap is still annoying."

Aloy would then see her vod smirking that gave hint to the constant headaches she gave and still gives to many an Alliance bureaucrat.

"It didn't take long for them to decide I fit more as a special forces operator than anything else. That worked out for all parties involved. Out of sight and mind for the pen pushers and I get more chances to fight enemies heh."

Minerva's expression became more serious as she continued the tale.

"The real test for me was learning to do teamwork with non-Mandalorians. That was quite the adjustment for my new comrades as it was for myself. We were so ignorant of each other but the trials we shared together in the last war truly forged our bond.

Two of my lieutenants you saw earlier, Gakot and Irni. We were all paired up in the same commando outfit together starting out before we formed our own team. While they are not kin like you and I are, they're gatle burc'ya(true friends). Those two accept me for who I am and in return I give back that devotion to them as well."

Last edited:

It was good to see Minerva enjoying herself, or comfortable at the very least. While Aloy initially had her doubts, she was beginning to like this younger Mandalorian who seemed different from all the crusaders she had been dealing with until now. Aloy was herself a crusader of course, but for a very different ideology within the greater Mandalorian collective.

"I must admit, I had thought your talents were wasted on the Alliance at first. I'm glad to see both sides making the most of a compromise, and that you've made lasting allies. A good squadron is like family, no matter the clan nor colors"

She finished her tea with a small but natural smile, reclining some.

"If we're going to do this, I may need your help on a more... Cultural level? In addition to blasting Sith spit, of course. Though I've grown to mutually respect master Valery Noble and perhaps another Jedi, I'm still getting to the Alliance at large. They're not quite like the Aruetiise under my command, most of which choose to become Mandalorians eventually as it is."

"Don't even get me started on their confusing Senate"

MJSj9cS.png

When Aloy revealed her initial opinion about her being with the Alliance military Minerva shrugged her shoulders. It was only natural and in all honesty her enlisting years ago had been pretty much a last resort move. Overtime she had come to see that choice as a blessing in disguise. Especially with those who shed blood with her.

Scratching the left side of her chin with a thumb the other warrior considered how to answer the veteran when she asked about the Alliance as a whole. She understood where Viszla was coming from. Though there are no easy answers or solutions to this, Minerva still believed this coalition between free Mandalore and Alliance must learn to work together. Assuming someone or some group on either side fouls it.

"I'll do my best to answer your questions about them Viszla. First off we have a new supreme commander, Amelia von Sorenn. I don't know much about her but she led the Alliance's recent joint effort with the Hapans against the latter's insurgents. Apparently her combat experience and leadership style earned her a rapid promotion from navy captain to supreme commander, jumping over various admirals and generals."

The Mandalorian commando gave her hostess some moments to process that information.

"That pretty much tells me that they want a fighter not a uniformed clerk to lead them right now but time will tell if she proves them right or wrong. Of course I do agree with you about Valery Noble. She can be trusted and understands our people than many AruetiI do or care to. Even after the fallout with the Enclave.

As for the senate, I actually do know one senator who is actually sincere and fair minded, Alicio Organa of Alderaan and now that world's new king. I‘m not familar with his fighting abilities but Organa is nonetheless brave, competent and strong in will, often taking care of the less fortunate personally in refugee camps. He’s sort of a crusader but in politics.”

Last edited:

It was now Minerva's turn to teach and Aloy's to be the student, and she was listening intently. So the alliance commanders were more capable than initially expected, or at least the senate wanted new blood that matched the description. She had picked out a few souls during recent councils who seemed more like real soldiers to her than rich men in uniforms, giving her some relief and a little more confidence in her allies. It was good to see that this went up the chain of command, even if she would save final judgement until witnessing the supreme commander for herself.

Von Sorenn would be a name to remember.

Noble of course seemed to be as advertised, even if their first meeting was initially... complicated. It took an Ex-Mandalorian among them to end the flowery words and get them, even Noble, to explain themselves. Honestly the concept of a Mandalorian leaving their people to become a Jedi of all things made Aloy grumble and rant some days, but at least he saved them the headache. And wasn't cosplaying in Beskar like some.

Aloy was just judgmental like that, old habits from a day when other Jedi Orders stormed mandalorian soil. Stormed Tanaab.

But in her ever cynical thoughts, she saw little reason to judge Valery herself. That single thought was perhaps the greatest compliment she had ever afforded a Jedi, save perhaps a genuine thankfulness to Iris Arani.

Minerva spoke of one other though, and as much as Aloy could appreciate the actions of Organa from what she had heard, it still left the old Mandalorian puzzled.

"The Alliance is a democracy, yet they use titles such as "King" still?" Her face scrunched in confusion.

She poured herself another cup of tea, glancing up at Minerva to wordlessly question if perhaps they would like the last cup as she held the kettle there awhile longer.

"This reminds me, I should go over the fleet's command structure and basic doctrine. You may need to unlearn some Alliance ways while aboard, but I think you'll find yourself quite flexible. And of course, no one will interfere with your unit's internal structure.

"You and your warriors are guests now, the first since we left official military service"

MJSj9cS.png

"Well I don't claim to understand all their ways. They still weird me out at times. Though I know the royal and noble titles are not from the government itself but the worlds or systems they hail from who still indulge in monarchies."

She confessed while nonchalantly shrugging her shoulders. The closest equivalent Mandalorians have to a king or queen is a Mand'alor but there are numerous cultural differences between their people's traditional leader than outsiders who wear crowns. Of course there was the reign of Satine Kryze centuries ago who held the title Duchess. Minerva grimaced in the reminder.

Despite calling herself Duchess of Mandalore she was a dar'manda. A tragic one to remember but a dar'manda all the same.

At the silent offer of fresh tea Minerva accepted with a humble nod. She lifted the cup so the tea can be poured in. Once her cup was filled she drank some of it amidst Aloy's following words. Shrugging again she answered.

"Fair enough. Believe it or not we operate much of our time outside Alliance space, usually undercover as mercenaries. My Talons even our newest members specialize in jetpack warfare so mobility won't be an issue for them. Our company can more than handle jumping into combat via drop pods or gunships.“

Last edited:

Using mercenaries to operate outside alliance borders and diverting the blame away from themselves was as shady as it was clever. It made Aloy smirk slightly, reminding her of those grand days when she commanded Mandalore's special operations both from Sundari palace and the frontlines. The Nite Owls often worked undercover to watch over Mandalore and high activity worlds outside their public jurisdiction alike. The fact that Minerva's "Talons" had a similar job description would seem to indicate that both parties would take to each other just fine.

She would also nod appreciatively to the mention of jetpacks.
"Excellent. My marines and commandos make extensive use of jetpacks and high altitude drop ships when we're planetside. Though, how experienced are your men in boarding operations? This crisis has seen us on the ground more than any operation since the shadow crusade, but we prefer to secure or detonate enemy ships long before they can offload the undead"

While the Black Fleet weren't exactly rusty by Aruetiise standards, it was true that they were a fleet first, strike teams second, and they were an Army at a distant third. Years of Guerilla warfare had honed their skills in bleeding conventional enemies dry and surviving on their own whenever and wherever needed, but many had forgotten what it was like to operate alongside a traditional army or fight a foe who was not dependent on food or munitions. But these undead still required transport from one world to the next, and so the Black Fleet's expertise in raiding ships had still proven quite valuable.

MJSj9cS.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom