Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Warehouse!

"What am I doing?" it was all so messed up. She had gone from being a distraction, to a pickpocket, to fighting thugs, to extorting and now this - her boss had told her to kill some random guy as a favour to someone she didn't know. It was wrong on so many levels, but there she was. With rapid steps, the young woman made progress fast, soon arriving at a large gate leading into an old and abandoned industrial building. The streets around here were quiet and except for a few womp rats scurrying about and herself, it seemed be completely devoid of life. It was good - no one would mind her making her way into the building now - but then, considering for how long it was supposed to have been abandoned, she doubted that anyone who happened to be there would have minded anyways.

Looking up at the sign hanging above the door, the scoundrel begun reading "s- s- c- caar-go" It was obvious that she struggled but for being self taught with minimal help from her gang, Ciel still felt pretty satisfied and had a smile to match. With a bounce in her step, the criminal went to the large door and pressed the open button. The familiar swoosh of the auto-doors opening didn't appear though. Squinting her eyes, the girl looked at the door and then back at the button. The doors were still closed. Letting out a low grumble, she tried again, and again and again - each time, with a bit more force. Eventually, she noticed how the button seemed to have broke as it no longer plopped back out after having been pressed down. With a sigh, she backed up a few steps until she finally saw a side door - it was old fashioned and manual. Probably much easier to handle when the automations wouldn't work as they should.

Pushing against it, she noticed that it was locked. Not about to allow another door get the better of her, Ciel took a step back and directed a powerful kick at it. Hearing the loud noise the door made as it was kicked open, the scoundrel decided to be quick, not wanting to let whoever it was she was after to escape. Rushing in, she regretted not wearing something more under her protective blast vest as some dust now laid thick on her arms. Finding herself in what looked like a warehouse with a fair amount of production bands on the left, she started to make her way deeper into it whilst looking for her target. Something was worrying her though - while she had been able to filter out her conscience in the past, that ability was now becoming weaker. Lately, she had felt worse and worse about what she did and this time seemed particularly bad. Still, what was practically the closest thing she ever had to a family wanted her to be there: And there she was.

Jacques Filamino

Jacques Filamino

J
Feth. How did they find him so quick? He had picked up a comm not that long ago referring to his location, he didn't think they'd move so quick. The motion detector outside the perimeter went off, indicating someone had breached the facility. Not good.

He pulled up the holocam overlooking the assembly line, and was dumbfounded by what he was seeing. A woman? They sent a woman to kill him? And not just any woman, this one looked like she could break a durasteel plate over her head without a problem; it didn't help that she was oddly too. She had damn near kicked the door in half and was making her way across the line. He clumsily pressed on the intercom, as he began to speak, his other hand pressing down on the switch to power the whole facility. Ciel would hear her target begin to speak as the lights and machinery came alive. "Hey, hey yea, um. I have a pretty good idea for why you're here, but maybe we can talk this over? I mean come on, I dont wanna hurt you, you dont want to hurt me." He threw a glance back over to his exoskeleton, though it was still in the middle of recharging. No way would it be done before she got in here. Pressing another switch, he locked down the control room, though the faint 'pop's in his index finger informed him he had broken the knuckle. "Son of a queen!" Both the 'pop' and swearing was heard over the loudspeaker. This was clearly not his day.

Her quick steps suddenly stopped. Looking around for potential threats, Ciel carefully scanned the warehouse whilst her mark was still making a rather awkward introduction. "Hey, hey yourself" she replied casually as she kept looking for the source of the sound. The power returning only made it easier as several lights now turned on. Finally she found a speaker in one of the corners - there were probably more of them, but that didn't matter much to her - as long as he wasn't in the room waiting to ambush her.

She kept making her way deeper into the facility when he mentioned talks. Ciel didn't like where this was going - her task was horrible enough as is, already, and if she got to know the person behind the name, the job would near impossibility. The young scoundrel remembered how she had once named a Porg when she was in her early teens - not being able to bring herself to kill it would be the reason behind her not eating for an entire day. Beginning to get annoyed, a frown appeared on her face as her eyebrows sunk. The man made it worse as he mentioned her not wanting to hurt him which was in all honesty rather close to the truth. It was happening - he was becoming a character, someone who was real. "Shut up" she said, almost in a roar, fully aware that if he kept it up, she wouldn't be able to complete her task.

It was then that she saw what seemed like a separate room built along one of the corners within the warehouse. That had to be it. Setting her sights at it, the girl started closing the distance when she suddenly heard the sound of a door locking and a weird plopping sound accompanied by some swearing. Not having the faintest idea of what had happened, she rushed forth, hoping that the plopping sound was the lock failing. Quickly, she discovered how wrong she was as the door refused to open upon being pushed. "Open! Open the door!" she exclaimed, yanking the handle up and down as if it would work to make the door unlock.

Eventually, the yanking stopped and everything grew silent. Not lasting for long, the silence was interrupted by the cracks and creaks created by her kick at the door. Unlike the last one, this door seemed to be much better reinforced than the last one, something which she blamed on the rooms occupant. A look of pure determination appeared on her face as she stared at the metallic object blocking her path. In the lack of better ideas, Ciel rammed the door, sending her shoulder into it first. Naturally, she wasn't hoping to break the door itself, but rather the hinges which it rested upon. Hearing how the door and its surrounding walls groaned and creaked upon impact, she tried again. And then again - each time, feeling how the blocking objects gave more way, and each time feeling more pain in her shoulder and arm. Looking the door up and down, she realised that the next time would probably be when it broke. In a low whisper, seemingly more to herself than anyone else, she said "I'm coming in now, whether you want it or not"

Jacques Filamino

Jacques Filamino

J
He felt a great deal better about waiting her out now. As Jacques held his injured finger, he took comfort in knowing that monster of a woman wouldn't be able to reach him. Yea, she was strong, but this was industrial grade steel they were talking about. Her replies indicated that she wasn't a happy campy, maybe her boyfriend broke it off with her before she came in. Jacques leaned back in the rather uncomfortable office chair he had requisitioned, knowing that all was going to be just fine. By the time she got herself in here, the power suit would be ready to go.

This peace of mind was shattered as he heard the clanging at the door, as the hinges themselves sounded as if they were giving. How strong was this woman? Jacques legitimately wasn't sure what to do, as he watched for several moments as the door shuttered from this woman's power being put on display, and was honestly impressed. There was only one way out of this, and it was going to cost him dearly on the holonet. Moving back to the comm, he used his currently unbroken finger to address her. "Now I know what you're thinking. If you break down this door you'll be able to kill me. And you'd be correct. But, have you considered what I might be able to do for you? Did your boss send you all alone? Maybe he has dirt on you? Maybe he's offering you a free ride if you just do one more job? Huh?" He waited several moments, before hearing the door starting to groan from the impact of this woman. She was an animal. "Listen, whatever it is you need, I can help you get that if you just don't kill me. Like, come on, I can scrub your record, get you on a first class shuttle to the beaches of Spyra at a top of the line resort. Come on, you're a beautiful woman, you have to have something you cant pay credits to get."

He let off the intercom now, as his gaze looked to the large steel doors about twenty feet from him. He was just going to sit and wait, hoping that maybe he had convinced her, maybe she wouldn't come in here and break every bone in his body. His eyes looked back to the exoskeleton that was currently being charged, wondering if it would help at all to climb inside and try to wait her out. Decisions, decisions.

C Ciel Rivage

She had tried to shut him out, she really had. The adrenaline and pain from ramming against the door helped, but it was impossible to keep it all out. At this point, she really didn't know how to feel about it all - on the one hand, she found him horribly annoying, thinking that her boss somehow had a hook on her whilst he was actually something of a father figure to her. On the other hand, she couldn't help but to feel pity for him as he pleaded for peace. Should it really be that hard to achieve peace? Was it really so important that he was killed? Letting out a forceful grunt, Ciel rammed against the door one final time. The hinges gave way, causing it to fall down onto the floor and before it had even hit the ground, the scoundrel set foot on it.

The man she was sent to kill was probably deadly, armed - why else would they send her to kill him? Prepared for a fight, Ciel was ready to either evade a shot or two and get close or bring out her own blaster pistol. As soon as the doors hit the ground, a dust cloud formed, making it hard to see him clearly which wasn't all too bad since he would have an equally hard time in seeing her. Quickly making her way around the room, Ciel finally found him. Appearing from the smoke, her eyes scanned his hands and belt, ensuring that he was unarmed. With a long step, she closed the distance to him and took hold of his shirt by the collar to hoist him up from the chair.

All her plans faltered as their eyes met. The dangerous foe she was going to throw to the ground looked harmless and kind. "You're my target?" she asked, still holding him suspended in the air. Why did they send her to kill him? A flood of thoughts went through her head but no reasonable explanation could be found. She was clearly confused "But you're no threat" she mumbled, eyebrows furrowed and deep in thought.

Jacques Filamino

Jacques Filamino

J
Jacques had tried to stay position, trying to think that maybe he had gotten through to the girl. When the hinges finally gave way, he felt genuine fear for the first time in a long time. He didn't take any action against her, as he looked on in terror as this woman rushed towards him, his mind still trying to process what was occuring. Was this really how it was going to end? Life was cruel. He was going to be beaten to death by this gorgeous lady, and he didn't even know her name.

He pushed himself away from the desk, holding his hands up to show he was unarmed. The index finger on his left hand was broken, as it was purple and swollen. Why? She probably wouldn't believe him if he told her. "Wait wait wait-" He tried to warn her before she yanked him up in the air, and let out a gasp of pain as he felt his spine and shoulders seize up and begin to as she held him aloft. He gently patted her wrists, not wanting to shatter his hand, as he tried to get her to loosen up. "I-I know! Just-please put me down! You're breaking my-" He didn't finish before his right shoulder gave a loud pop, as his movement to get her attention had backfired. Jacques let out a whimper of pain as the all too familiar sensation swept through his arm. This was exactly how he didn't want to go out, being slowly broken to pieces by some Exchange enforcer. He wanted to beg her to put him down, but the pain was too severe to say anything effective. She was going to murder him by complete accident, and he had no way to beg her to stop.

C Ciel Rivage

He wasn't answering. Why was he not answering? Ciel gave him a questioning look as he asked her to put him down, thinking that his priorities were rather strange. His arms patted softly against hers - a stark contrast to the clawing or gripping which was the most common response to being suspended in the air. "What are y-" she didn't get to finish what she was about to say as something seemed to go terribly wrong. Her eyes darted from place to place as the weird sounds could be heard when she finally saw that something wasn't right with his shoulder.

Any traces of menace quickly disappeared from her face as her worried eyes scanned the dangling man in front of her. "No, no, no, no" she said, almost as if it would revert the strange damage which was done onto him "What happened?" she asked, the concern clear in her voice as she put an arm on his bicep.

She then said "I am so sorry!" and simultaneously realised that she wouldn't be able to kill him any longer. Not only did she feel like she had gotten to know him a little - she also realised that he wouldn't be able to hurt any of her gang even if he tried - or at least that was what she thought. Looking around, the girl hoped to find some bacta or kolto to heal him with. "Got some healing stuff lying around here?" she asked with a rushed voice. Not giving him much time to respond, the girl continued "I'm not gonna kill you, OK? Just tell me where it is!" she exclaimed, thinking that it was fear which caused the, in her opinion, unreasonably slow response time.

It was strange - she had gone from just trying to kill him to desperately looking for something to heal him with. It was obvious to anyone who had seen a human before that something wasn't as it should with his shoulder, but with her lack of education, it was hard to tell if it was deadly or not. "Will you be alright?" she asked, still keeping herself busy with finding some Kolto.

Jacques Filamino

Last edited:

Jacques Filamino

J
He wasn't sure what had happened. One moment this woman seemed ready to kill him, now she was setting him down, almost hysterical as she asked where his healing supplies were. Was she crazy? Was she actually feeling guilty over what she had done? Jacques wasn't sure what to say, in fact the only thing he could say initially was inaudible grumbling through the pain, before pointing to a small kit near his exo-skeleton. "It's over there." He managed to rasp out, trying to mend his broken shoulder with his still good arm, but obviously it wasn't working. He had gotten better at working through the pain in the past few years, but it didn't stop it from hurting any less.

"I have a condition, my bones are....much easier to break than normal." He winced, waiting for this strange woman to come assist him. She said she wasn't going to kill him, so that was a plus, and aside from the whole attempted murder thing she seemed like a sweetheart. He never had someone apologize for breaking his shoulder blade before, and they definitely weren't some beefy amazon woman.

Seeing as how there wasn't much else to do, he aimed for small talk, though he had no clue if she'd attempt to murder him once she fixed his wounds; she said she wouldn't, but she very well could have been insane. "But um...yea this happens all the time. Really, I'm...used to it." His final words sounded entirely unsure, but he didn't want to be seen as a wimp before this lovely lady. "My names Jacques, and....do you mind telling me who you work for? I make alot of people unhappy with my work. I just...I'd like to know who's gunning for me. Not like I can really do much." He attempted a half hearted chuckle, but the pain in his shoulder and finger just wouldn't let him have that. Ciel would find the kit he had mentioned, as there was a rather hefty amount of bacta injections and some sort of injection serum that appeared to be unmarked. "If you could just inject that right into me, I'll be fine in a few, really, it's not a big deal." He eyed her with just a bit of skepticism. Ciel would notice that other than the power armor and a few pieces of tech, there was hardly anything in here. It looked as if he had tried to turn this office into a mini apartment, though there was a rather abundance of pillows lining the back wall, and blankets stretched over what might have been a hover-sled. Clearly he was trying to lay low.

C Ciel Rivage

As if on auto-pilot, the young scoundrel followed his directions and started looking around his exoskeleton. Rummaging through a few items which she identified as 'techy trash' laying upon the workbench by the suit, Ciel finally found what looked like a first aid kit. "Have your friends told you that you talk a lot?" she asked, not feeling very inclined to speak of her own gang. Besides, she knew that they had no real interest in targeting this guy, it was all to gain favours among other groups. Quickly grabbing the kit, she returned to her former mark but failed to notice some of the trash crashing against the ground behind her.

Handling the contents of the kit with familiarity, having been in situations where it was relevant to use on many occasions in the past, Ciel took out an bacta injector. Upon hearing his instructions, she stayed her hand "You want that one instead?" she asked, apparently not seeing why he'd ever want something other than Bacta. With a shrug, she let out a seemingly enthusiastic "Your funeral" as a slight smile grew on her lips. Maybe it was a bit too close to reality but Ciel didn't like to think of such things too much. With that, she took hold of his lower arm, this time caring not to break anything. Pressing down the injector, she watched it empty slowly - "I'm Ciel" she said. "Want the kolto one too?" she asked and would be quick to comply if his answer was yes.

Standing up, she looked down at the man - while she wasn't too used to having someone who's bones broke so easily, the young scoundrel was glad to have someone who really didn't seem capable of being a threat to her. It allowed her to relax in an entirely different way than usual. Her thoughts soon went to her gang - her family. Glancing over at him, she once again confirmed to herself that she wouldn't be able to kill him. Defeated, she sat down on what seemed to be his bed. After listening to it groan and creak for a while, she finally decided to ignore it. Letting out a sigh, she spoke "Jacques, what do I do?" With slouched shoulders, she considered her options "I can't return if they keep sending me on these kinds of missions. But if I leave, they'll want to kill me, and the ones who already want me dead don't really have a reason to stop and then I won't have anyone to protect me against them - not to mention the law enforcement" she said, laying out her troubles on the table.

Finally, the girl got back up on her feet and stood next to him. Looking down, she tried to muster the willpower to kill him. Hovering above him with focused eyes, she would block out a fair amount of the light which used to reach him and create quite the intimidating image. Her breaths grew heavier as she tried to muster the courage until she finally stopped, letting out a large exhale "I can't do it" she complained. Letting her lips form a thin line, she once again asked "What do I do?" Although the scoundrel wasn't sure what she was going to do with her captive yet, she felt like she could at least borrow his ear for a few moments. Even if she had her doubts about if he'd be able to help or not, she felt much better speaking of the issues out loud.

Jacques Filamino

Jacques Filamino

J
She told him that he talked alot, wasn't that the truth. Still, she managed to find his medical supplies, so that pain would be going away sooner or later. "Yea, well, pretty girls make me nervous. And you're exceptionally pretty, so go figure. Also I don't have friends, so there's also that." He said in a joking manner, though he hoped that would cause her to slap him. She seemed confused at the unmarked serum that he had on hand, but he didn't have the time to explain it to her. Could she not read? The label was clearly not kolto. "Yes, that one. It'll fix everything." He said, a tad impatient for a moment, but he reigned it back in. It was always humiliating to have to beg for help like this, but that was his life it seemed. "Ciel? That's a very pretty name. Obviously fitting." He let out a small sigh as he could feel the adhesive stimulant took affect, then nodded as she asked if he wanted the kolto. "Yea, the kolto's-ow. It's...really helpful. You see it works with that agent you gave me, forms a cast around the broken bone and encases it, causes the calcium to-" He stopped as he realized she wasn't going to understand a word of what he said. Most doctors wanted to argue with him about this treatment, no way some enforcer was going to know what he was on about.

He could see her eyeing him for a minute, and for a second he had feared that she rethought her earlier statement, and that now she could kill him. Thankfully, this turned out to not be the case. Instead, she walked over to his sleeping arrangements and sat down onto the bed, the poor hover-sled he had converted letting out a groan under her massive bulk. Ciel looked absolutely devistated as she took over his bed, her rather large frame and body leaned forward, as she seemed to be in the middle of a crisis. She went off about she felt stuck, unable to go back, but unable to run away. He felt oddly conflicted given his pitiful display was going to destroy her way of living, then at the same time he would have already been dead if that wasn't the case.

Jacques looked down to the floor, unsure what all to say. He already gave her a way out, had she forgotten? Or maybe she didn't think he was legitimate. "Well....maybe I can help you out." He started, rubbing the back of his neck ever so gently. "Like....you can just do what I do. Bounce around the galaxy, steal some funds, sell some info, maybe steal some equipment to sell on the black market....you know, basic stuff." He muttered, his gaze still not looking to meet hers. By the force was she tall, and those legs-but anyways, he had a point to this. "I...jury rigged the factory here to basically blow itself up whenever I sent the command to the generator operating this place, and....if you give me some time I can wipe out most of your history from the crime database." He continued, his blue eyes gazing up to her now, as a small smile broke out across his face. He didn't mention how much this was going to cost him on the market. The amount of favors he was going to have to give up just to help this girl that had tried to kill him....he had to be crazy.

"I mean, I could scrub your record and everything. Yea, totally free ride....just would need you to help me out and um....yea no charge. Nope, absolutely free." He lied to himself once more, trying not to think of how much work he was throwing away just to help this one woman out. "Oh and...um when this place blows up, just leave your comm here. Boss will think you died, police will lose all record of you. Yea, you'll be clear, home stretch. I'd just ask that you erm....help protect me? I have my own ship too, so that's no issue, and I have enough credits that I can haul off for right now." He made a slight offer, holding up his hands as if to shrug. "Like, as you've seen earlier, I can't really protect myself. I got that suit, and that's it. If I were to try and punch you in the gut, it probably wouldn't even tickle, all the while I'd shatter my wrist and...probably my entire hand." He sighed, looking back to the monitors he had set up, his fingers working over the keypad as he would start to put the requests in. Why did it have to be a pretty girl? "I'm going to start working on that for you alright? If you have a change of heart well....I don't know, just don't tell me if your going to shoot." Not like he could stop her anyways.

C Ciel Rivage

He called her pretty again. Last time, she didn't have too much of a hard time dismissing it as she was busy smashing through a door, but this time, she paused. Briefly, the young scoundrel stopped in her tracks as she felt how her cheeks became warmer in a slight blush. The sad truth was that she couldn't remember having been called pretty for quite a few years now. But then she remembered - the person saying those words were at her mercy and flattery was one way of increasing the chances of survival. It saddened her when she realised that his words probably weren't sincere. Annoyed, she turned her head and threw a glance at him before continuing on her way to grab the med kit.

Eyes fixed on the arm where she injected the unlabeled serum, she listened as he spoke of how it worked with kolto. As he blabbered on about it, her eyes went up to meet his, wondering when he'd finally stop talking. Once he grew silent, a smile appeared on her lips - they understood each other. "You really do talk a lot" she said whilst preparing the kolto for injection. Obviously, they weren't friends, but now, at least someone had told him.

"Well... maybe I can help you out" he said, causing her eyebrows to bounce up as she looked at him with hopeful eyes. "You can?" she asked as a few faint memories of his pleas returned. Maybe she shouldn't have tried to filter out what he said when she was smashing through the door after all. Looking at him and listening to his words, Ciel realised that he was just some kind of thief or conman. If her own street gang would want to kill him just for the bettered reputation and generated good will, he must have been a good one. Intrigued by what he had to offer, the girl simply remained quiet, allowing him to present the idea he had. Noticing that he didn't look up at her when speaking, the scoundrel realised that her hovering above him might not be the greatest conversational position. Right after, she crouched down, making it much easier for the two of them to keep eye contact.

Looking at him intently whilst stretching her arm that she had put on the armrest of his chair, she nodded along as he slowly explained that he'd do it for free. Approvingly, she let out a "That's very nice of you" before he continued. Ciel was starting to like the guy - he explained things in a way which she could understand while he could probably have dribbled her away with confusing words and complicated ideas. She went deep into thought - while this would mean that she could finally leave her current life behind, it would also mean that she would leave her gang, her family behind. After a few moments, she concluded that, if her family wanted her to kill people at what, to her, seemed like random; then maybe it was time for a break. "I want that" she said, giving him the go ahead to execute his plan. Her words were, however, marked by a solemn tone as she realised that the 'break' might last forever, and if it didn't they might kill her.

Sometimes, Ciel could be really slow - most of the time, she liked to think of herself as a rather sharp person, or at least normal. But this time, even she thought that she reacted a bit late. "Heeey" she said as her worked on getting everything in order. "I have to protect you? What about the 'totally free ride' and 'completely free' parts?" she asked whilst standing back up again. "You can't just change the deal like that" she continued when suddenly, a slight beeping sound went off - it was the motion detector by the outside perimeter. Suspiciously, she eyes him "What's that?" Her question would soon be answered as two armed figures appeared on the monitor. Furiously, she grabbed his shirt by his chest and her muscles tensed as she prepared to hoist him up. Realising that it might hurt him, the scoundrel decided against it for now and let go of it. Instead, she looked down at him and roared "You lying son of a Hutt! You weren't helping me, you were calling for backup!"

Jacques Filamino

Jacques Filamino

J
He thought all was well truth be told. At least initially. She had taken his offer, sounded rather happy about it too. Then she thought he was trying to cheat her out of his offer. Yea, might have been free for her, but for him? This was years of work going down the drain. "It's free for you, yes. But I'm calling in alot of favors for this. I need your last name too. My buddies can't go looking through every Ciel in the galaxy." He sighed as she really didn't get it, did she think he was that bad of a guy? Well, maybe, but there was way worse out there. "I'm throwing away years of work to get you set up, and I'm getting you off this world. All I'm asking is that you protect me for a little bit. Is that asking too much-" The beeping sound caught his attention, as he could have sworn it was the motion sensor.

That wasn't good. His gaze fell upon the device, as his brow furrowed with worry. Then another glance to the screen confirmed two more men were arriving. "That shouldn't be-" He didn't get to finish the sentence, as he was once again nearly hoisted up into the air by his rather beautiful counterpart. "T-That's the motion sensor! Calm down!" He begged, putting his hands up, hoping she'd see he was being genuine. "I didn't call these people! I don't have any friends, don't you get that? That's why I asked who sent you! You know how many people want me dead?" He shook his head, aiming to get up and move towards his suit. "I don't know who these guys are, alright? They're probably here to kill me. And if you're here they'll try to kill you too." He looked rather dejected, seeing that his plan of getting some extra help for a little bit was going down the drain. He'd just have to get that implant on his own, somehow. The suit was a seventy eight percent, and that was going to have to do. "I'll deal with them. Just...if you go back down the hall and take a right, you'll end up right in the industrial district. You an b-line it to the space port from there." This was just the worst possible day. "You'll probably help them kill me if I asked you to stick around anyways, so yea, just go. You're record will be totally clear in about ten minutes. Just leave your comlink on the table on the way out." With that, he'd go back to getting his combat suit ready, at a bit of a quicker pace than normal, as Ciel had destroyed the door that was supposed to be the delaying factor.

C Ciel Rivage

"Rivage" she said, somewhat absent-mindedly as she started realising that the help he was offering might have been more substantial than she first thought. Still, all his techy stuff was way beyond her comprehension. Most of it soon became secondary as the two were alerted two the new people in the building.

She stared at him, angered and skeptical as he continued making, what she believed to be, excuses. His words were convincing, but as CIel had started understand, this Jacques person was very good at sounding convincing and reasonable. A sense of self doubt set in as the young scoundrel struggled to decide whether he was truly in the right or if he was just way too good with words. Maybe both. Regardless, she let go of his shirt and started pacing around in front of him. She heard him claim that he would deal with them which caused her to look at him with a slightly surprised look "Your shoulder isn't as it should and you seem to crumble upon touch" she said, quickly dismissing the idea. He, however, seemed to be set on the idea of making her run.

Thinking for a while, she shook her head "I'm not leaving." Her voice was clear and her facial expression steady. "If they're your friends, I'm going to make you all pay for double crossing me." she said "And if they aren't, I'm going to keep him safe" she thought but kept it to herself, not wanting to show him a softer side when she'd prefer him to be scared. If he wasn't, the scoundrel feared that he would interfere when she dealt with the goons. In an effort to further keep him out of it all, she crouched down in front of him and put her right hand on his lap whilst looking him in the eyes. "Stay in this chair, okay? Don't do anything" she said and gave his leg a light squeeze to remind him of what might otherwise happen.

With that, she moved the chair he sat a few meters and placed it in the corner furthest from the door. Waiting by the doorway, she watched the security footage of the two making their way to the office in silence. Throwing a glance backwards, the girl made a point in keeping an eye on Jacques so that he wouldn't move. "He's gotta be in here" The goons couldn't be very experienced as they spoke loud enough for anyone inside the room to hear. "Yes, let's just kill him and go home" the other said. Once again, she turned to look at the guy behind her. She had blamed him when he had done nothing wrong. Guilt fell over her, forcing her to look away as she felt way too bad about looking at him now.

Keeping a keen eye on the security footage, Ciel knew when the two were about to enter. Once she heard clumsy footsteps making their way across the fallen door and whatever else which hindered their way, she acted. Quickly lunging in at them, the young scoundrel used their shock to quickly grab the one at the front and turning him around to face his mate. With, who appeared to be, the leader held firmly on front of her, the other let out an angry "Let him go!" as he raised his blaster. Forcefully, Ciel grabbed the captured thug's blaster arm with her own and brought it up to point at the follower. The leader was struggling to get loose, but with his one arm in her firm grasp and a thick arm laid across his chest to hold him against her, there was little the man could do to escape. Seeing what was about to happen, the follower fired a shot, hitting his friend in the leg. Ciel wouldn't let her cover fall and let out a grunt as she held him still. With her other arm, she reached for the trigger on the leaders blaster and fired.

The follower was shot in the abdomen and dropped his blaster as he fell down to the floor. Ripping away the blaster from the leader's hand and throwing it to the ground, the young scoundrel turned around to face Jacques, still keeping the goon in her embrace and thereby forcing him with her. She was lucky that these two were so poorly trained or else the whole ordeal could've gone a lot worse. And now, they even had a couple of blaster pistols.

Jacques Filamino

Jacques Filamino

J
Well, he had planned on getting his suit already ready to go, but Ciel had other plans in mind. He was a tad intimidated truth be told, when she put him back in the chair and squeezed on his leg. She literally could break him like a twig. It bothered him that what she said was true, he was as fragile as they came. Was she really going to protect him now? It was a welcome change truth be told but...well he wasn't about to complain. "Well thankfully they aren't my friends." He muttered, though he was a bit concerned about her going against two to one odds. As she moved his chair away from the terminal, he began to protest, though there was little he could actually do.

"You can't go out there on your own. It's two to one, come on, just let me help!" He wasn't exactly sure how he could help aside from suiting up, but even that took time. His eyes went to the terminal as he knew they were closing in on their location, and it was rather obvious they were running out of time. He sighed, looking down to the floor in defeat. He was always worthless in these situations, and it tore at him rather severely. He could hear the thugs talking aloud, obviously they weren't trained killers, which was good. Ciel looked ready to pounce, and when she did, well, needless to say Jacques was rather impressed with how she worked. Yea, they were pretty low level mooks, but damn if she wasn't efficient. Taking out two guys with blasters all on her own, all while man handling another one? Yea, he was impressed. "Wow...um...are you okay?" He asked, slowly sitting up in the chair, as he grabbed his datapad off the table. He needed to initiate the self destruction program, not to mention get his suit ready to move. "You're really impressive, and in more ways than might I add." He nodded, glancing towards her, then back to the datapad. "Just um....let me know if you need help. I'll just...be doing my thing." He was really hoping she'd take him up on that offer he had earlier.

C Ciel Rivage

The man kept struggling, but after having done so for a good amount of time already as well as being shot in the leg, it was clear that he was loosing energy. Squeezing harder, Ciel looked at him with determined eyes and clenched jaw. Receiving less and less oxygen, the thug passed out after a few more moments. Holding him tight for a little longer, just to make sure that he was truly out, she released her hold and allowed the now unconscious body drop to the ground. She noticed that he hit his arm against something when he fell, but at this point, she really didn't care. All that mattered were that she was safe - and maybe that he was safe too.

Walking forth towards him, she let out a casual "Yeah" as if the answer was obvious. Now standing by his side, Ciel looked as he worked away on the datapad. To someone not knowing her well, it would have seemed like she was monitoring what he was doing, but in truth, many of the words were too hard and the ones that were easy tended to be scrolled past too fast. "You're impressive too" she thought as she looked at how proficiently he handled the piece of technology in his hands. The words wouldn't be uttered, however - she still didn't want to make him feel all to comfortable. With that said, she was not one to try to slip away from past sins. Crossing her arms, she thought for a moment "I'm sorry about before, by the way. I said they were your backup, but they weren't." Her words were sincere and she badly wanted to rid herself of the bad conscience which she had earned.

With that out of the way, there were the matter of the facility bound to blow up. "So, what's happening now? I protect you for a while and in return, you help me, well, disappear?" she asked carefully. It was a strange turn of events - in less than an hour, he had made her go from wanting to kill him to protecting him and removing two thugs who wanted to collect on him. Still, although Ciel didn't truly know what she was getting herself into, she dearly wanted to get away from her current life - and Jacques was offering her the only way out.

Jacques Filamino

Jacques Filamino

J
Yea, she really didn't need his help. Probably for the best. As the last thug fell to the floor, Jacques spared him only a glance before wrapping up his side of things. Everything seemed to be in order, and they had about twenty minutes to leave before the self destruct went into effect. Perfect. Getting up now, he moved to unplug his devices from the monitor station he had set up, listening to what his rather lovely companion had to say. "Hey, don't worry about it. You can't trust me, I get it. You walked in here planning to kill me just a little bit ago. Stuff's weird I know." She seemed to be quite apologetic, which was a good sign, maybe they could actually work together.

She asked what was going to happen now, as he had managed to unplug all of his gear, carefully packing it into the proper case he had brought it in. "Well, I'm packing up all my stuff, because I'm letting this place blow sky high. As far as us, I'd like to go with that partnership. Might need help with an oddjob or so, but you won't have to kill anyone. I can promise you that. I don't like that sort of thing. Far as making you disappear..." He turned back to her, eyeing her up and lingering for perhaps a second longer than he should have. "Yea, I can definitely do that." He moved towards the suit, which was still dormant, as he pulled the charging port out and hooked it back onto the back. "We should probably hurry though, we have about...twenty minutes till the reactor goes off, then another-" He stopped as a low beeping began to come from his case. Stopping what he was doing, Jacques moved over and opened the case up. The sound was immediately understood by him, but he needed to make sure it was accurate. "Damn it. One of them called in for help. My jamming devices kept it in check, but now that I unplugged them that signal's going out." He sighed, slamming the case shut, only to break his pinky finger in the process. "God damn it!" He swore, backing away before he hurt himself even more. He turned back to Ciel, a rather disgruntled look upon his face now. "If you help me pack up, we can get out of here before their help arrives. Sound good?" This was going to be the start of their partnership if she only said yes.

C Ciel Rivage

Watching as he began to pack, Ciel felt like there was little she could contribute with - neither knowing what more than half of the stuff were nor where they were supposed to go. With crossed arms, she leaned against a wall. An 'oddjob or so'? The girl shook her head as she felt like Jacques just kept adding more and more to their deal - at least he promised that she wouldn't have to kill. It was positive - she didn't mind killing those who would do her or her friends harm, but a guarantee that she wouldn't have to kill anyone including innocents? It made her feel rather safe. And then came his confirmation on being able to make her disappear. She wanted it, she wanted it badly. Him scanning her had not gone unnoticed and she made sure to move about a little to let her muscle shift and expand, just to let him know what he was dealing with.

Nodding carefully, she agreed that they better get moving. But of course, another alarm interrupted them. This time, she didn't show any signs of mistrust towards him - instead, she left her position leaned against the wall to stand next to him. Ciel cringed slightly as she noticed him breaking his finger upon closing the case. "Stop it already" she said, touching him lightly on his shoulder to grab his attention. "Just tell me what to do and hop into that machine of yours" she said before grabbing some random thing from his table "Where do I put this?" she asked. As soon as he gave her instructions on what to do with it, she complied, ensuring that the process of packing would go fast.

Once everything was all packed up, the young scoundrel picked up both the thug's blasters - in case they got into trouble again, she would now be able to defend herself and hopefully him too. "You're under my protection" she said, confirming that they did indeed have a deal. Checking that both blasters were ready to fire, she smiled a little. There were much which the girl was unhappy about, but right now, she felt like she was going to embark on a new adventure and that brought joy in abundance. "So, where are we going?" she asked, ready to head out.

Jacques Filamino

Jacques Filamino

J
She seemed to notice when he was hurting himself. Least she was going help with packing up, that was good. "Listen just, put everything onto that." He pointed towards his bed, knowing just how he got all this junk in here and how they were going to get it all out. It felt nice knowing she was going to watch his back; in fact it felt pretty damn awesome. His bodygruad was probably probably hottest one on the planet, but it cost him quite a bit to get her. He had just opened up the back of the suit before she asked him where something went. He glanced and saw she was holding his cryptography tool. "Oh! That! Just set it in the case, place it on top." He said, before climbing into his exoskeleton and booting it up. The power was at eighty five percent, which meant he had a good three hours of power assuming no weapons were discharged. That was going to have to do. He watched her from the view port as she went about packing everything up. If she seemed to be confused, he'd call out to here where it would go; his voice slightly distorted by the suit.

He ran through some motion tests, and found that everything seemed to be working. Excellent. Once she had sorted out all of the gear and thrown it onto the hoversled, he used the large metal pincher device and lifted the sled a few feet off the ground. "There's a spaceport not far from here. I got my ship sitting there ready to go. Just have to walk on down there and we're free." Unless she insisted otherwise, he would turn and move towards the exit he had mentioned to her a bit ago.

C Ciel Rivage

Oddly enough, she felt pretty good as they prepared. Packing up his stuff, getting friendly pointers at what to do - it all felt so peaceful. It stood in stark contrast to what Ciel was used to, but one thing was for sure, she liked this better. Upon hearing his voice being distorted, she turned around and saw that the suit had come alive. It was good - now he wouldn't be at such a risk. "Looking good there" she said jokingly before continuing.

With blasters at hand, Ciel watched as he picked up the hoversled. While it was good that he could do something, the girl was a bit worried that all this moving about would prevent his broken bones from healing. But then, that would be a problem for another time. Right now, they just had to get out and away to the spaceport. "Alright, let's go" she said upon hearing his idea of what to do next. Not long after the two started moving, they arrived outside the building in the industrial zone. She looked around, tense and on guard. These streets were populated and she knew that spotting a potential assassin would be hard. Some of the faces, she recognised - but then, the fear in their eyes would have given them away regardless. She had previously helped her gang collect debt on a large number of people and this was one of the side effects. She felt guilty over what had happened and their stares only made things worse. Her gaze dropped to the floor as shame practically dripped off of her. "Common, hurry up. I want to get out of here" she said and then started walking faster. For a moment not caring too much about the fact that his exoskeleton was slower in general and shorter.

After a few moments, there were a couple of meters between them. Finally noticing that he was falling behind and caring to stop, she looked back at him. "Jacq..." she said before trailing off. Something was off. Starting to look around, she rapidly scanned their surroundings but couldn't quite put a finger on what it was. Suddenly, a blaster shot went off with a blue bolt soaring towards him. "Wa-..." she begun but was once again interrupted. A thug jumped on her, coming from a dark alleyway. While he had planned on tackling her to the ground, he ended up just bumping against the young woman who was quick to steady herself. Seeing as the thug charged head-first and tried to push her down with his shoulder, the scoundrel exploited his now vulunerable position by lowering her arm, pinning his head between her torso and her arm. Wanting to eliminate the threat against Jacques, Ciel raised her free left arm and fired of a few shots in the direction from which they had been shot at. Her aim was remarkably steady for using the blaster with only one hand, in large part due to her being able to compensate for the recoil better than most. Still, the shots were not very accurate at the long range and with the other thug trying to get loose. "Run!" she screamed, certain that more were sure to come.

Jacques Filamino

Jacques Filamino

J
If she thought he looked good now, just wait til he got to show off the main gun. "It might not be as pretty looking as yourself, but this thing has kept me alive for a bit." Least now he didn't have to risk her destroying him for making a remark; though she seemed far too kind to attempt that. It seemed they had everything they needed

She seemed to be fond of dual wielding, as she moved on up ahead of him. Sadly his suit had rather limited range of movement, but he did his best to keep up with her. As expected, the Industrial district was full of people. Lots of potential trigger men, far too many for his new bodyguard to cover. Thankfully his suit could take care of that. Ciel seemed extremely uncomfortable though, perhaps she didn't like being reminded of how much she stood out in a crowd? Maybe she felt like a failure due to her inability to kill him? Whatever it was, she began to rush on ahead, moving far faster than what this exo-suit was capable of putting up with. "H-Hey, wait a sec. I can't keep up with you!" He called out, though it was no use. Something had her spooked, which certainly wasn't good for him. Finally something, perhaps common sense, got ahold of her, and she looked back towards him. To his horror, while he didn't see where the shot came from, he watched as a bolt sailed through the air and smacked right into his viewing screen. The inside of the suit got real hot, real fast. He was safe in here though. Thankfully. As the flash dissipated, he could see Ciel struggling with a man, though she seemed to be getting the edge over him.

He could hear her shouting that he needed to run, and he agreed, sadly that didn't change the physical limits of his suit. "Oh to hell with this." He muttered, as he took hold of the firing controls and locked onto energy cell signatures; though this being Nar Shaddaa that didn't help at all. He continued to march forward, though his right arm was looking for a target. He found the poor bastard, and squeezed off on the firing mechanism as the lock was acquired, and the shots tore through the poor bastard, but also started a small panic in the crowd. Great.

C Ciel Rivage

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom