Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War! What is it Good For?

Faith was now upset. Did Kay just stay she was glad her home left. That they could use the funding for others how many senate sessions had she set in on where Alderaan was denied aide, denied funding.

"Funding for other worlds. Really. Tell me what funding has the Republic given Alderaan. Was it the cost of troops and lives during the two times the Sith and republic fought for control if my home for the phrik that you each so desperately want. I don't remember anyone showing up to help restore Alderaan when everyone was done fighting. And any measure brought up to help was set aside because of lack of funding. I sat in that room and bit my tongue swallowed my pride so that other worlds could receive help. Funding. Really. So sorry to have cost the dear Republic so much funding."

Faith rose up."the issue of weapons is not what you want. You want Ali Hadrix they will never give her to the vod. And since my home will free up funding. There's no reason for me to be here wouldn't want to cost the republic funding. Darth Vulkan I invite you and the clans to Alderaan."

Faith looked at Kay. "Go head and negotiate your neutral zone. It won't work. They are going to burn the Republic every chance they get. May be that spare funding my home cost you can stop them"

Faith nodded. "A mandalorian never forgets"

Faith exited the room.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

Leaning forward and resting her arms on the table, Keira looked directly at [member="Darth Vulkan"] as she spoke, "That same woman in control of that clone army also told you minutes earlier that no actions of hostility would be taken against the Mandalorians. If an invasion is called we will not take part, and you'll likely find us on your side instead. The men and women of the clone army aren't loyal through an inhibitor but because they choose to be. If you have any reason to doubt that you can take it up with me personally." That was one issue she refused to budge on. Let them speak ill of anything else, but the clone army would remain untouched. They were all family, and so would remain.

Drawing in a breath she merely listened to the proceedings as they continued, allowing those more knowledgeable than she on the affairs of the Republic weigh in. There was, however, another potential conflict that pressed on her mind, and she let her gaze wander over those assembled before bringing it to light. "What assurances do we have that an invasion won't be attempted in turn by the Mandalorians against this weakened Republic? That isn't to say I don't trust you, but I speak from my duty to ensure my men are kept safe and free of unnecessary harm. I don't wish to see this meeting go to waste and have it all dissolve into conflict, nor do I want a repeat of Chazwa or Roche. No more lives need to be lost."

[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"], [member="Darth Vulkan"], [member="Commander Lusk"], [member="Auru Taff"], [member="Faith Balor-Organa"], [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Lusk watched Faith get upset over what Senator Kay had said, and he honestly thought she was being a little bit of an ass about it. While he could understand how one could be offended by the woman's words she was a senator, and more than that she had run for supreme chancellor, and when things got tough she left. That was the definition of a coward. Lusk hated Genevieve, he hated how his family was her slaves and the actions she made them take. He murdered innocent people for them, he slit throats and burned down homes so they wouldn't have to. When things were tough he remained where he was even if the best thing to do was to bail.

"Mandalorians aren't quitters Senator, just because you lost an election to an unwashed pirate doesn't mean you get the right to turn your back on the people who have died for you. So go back to Alderaan, go to your palace and live your life of luxury. If war comes again know that people no older than six years are going to be dying because you chose to be offended and leave, coward." Lusk said to the woman as she exited.

But as hard and damaging as it was the senator was right, Kay and Taff could argue a neutral zone for days and the mandalorians would never go for it. They would have war if things were to continue how they were now.

Turning back to the mandalorians the clone had to maintain the idea of peace, the freaking senators were useless and they weren't going to come to a decision if they were divided. Mandalorians didn't respect weakness, and that's exactly what being divided was, weakness. They would never seek peace with a nation that sends senators that punk out five minutes into negotiating.

"Us." The clone said in a heavy tone.

"You can have us, two hundred million clones stationed across Republic space. We'll serve as the mandalorians hand and occupation forces across the republic. We speak the language, we know the culture, we are well trained and equipped. I don't want anymore blood, and if it means the galaxy hating us to spare the lives of the innocent civilians I'll make that call. But if you want war."

"I will fight you until the last man, I will take your Vod from you like you took mine, and while I know this ends in our defeat I will make damn sure that you suffer before it ends. But I don't want that, for the sake of my family and families across the Republic you take us as a peace offering. We'll fight your wars and enforce limitations you sanction upon the republic. And we'll do it with or without the backing of the senate."

"If we fight millions of innocent people will die, so please. I ask of you as a warrior to spare the civilians of the galaxy and let there be peace." Lusk made a gamble here, he'd swear his loyalty to the clans if he had to in order to keep peace. He wasn't a traitor, but in order to keep more people from dying he'd swallow his pride and work for the man who killed his fellow clones. It made his guts twist with regret for his words, but as he had stated earlier, war was easy and peace was the real challenge.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

"Excuse me." Vulkan said, rising quickly as Faith stood and made her way out following her. Without her guidance and help, the Republic delegation was probably doomed, but that wasn't what was important to Vulkan at the moment. He didn't care if the war continued or stopped today, he was a warrior after all. Peace time only made one weaker in his mind, and he was done being weak. Weakness, seeking peace, and hoping to settle down had cost him everything, several times over. Every time he tried to seek peace he was hurt for it.

"Faith, wait." He called, leaving the room and jogging down the hall after her. Keira's concerns could wait, because the best chance at peace had just been insulted by her own delegation and left the negotiations like storm. Vulkan jogged after her, Clan Vereen warriors giving them both a respectful distance, far enough not to over hear normal conversation, close enough to react.

"Faith. Alderaan is an important world to the Republic. It is their last source of Phrik. You don't seriously believe they will let Alderaan leave peacefully?" He stated the well known facts of the situation, well aware the Republic's Military Overlord wouldn't be sacrificing the strategic world that had for so long been a bastion of Peace and Order. And he had ulterior motives, a plethora of them, for assisting House Organa free themselves of the Republic's yoke.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Faith stopped when she heard a voice calling her name. She laughed slightly she had hoped it would be Kay trying to apologize. "Draco. I'm sorry I can't call you Darth Vulkan. I don't know in honesty. " She tried to find her calm again.

"The Republic isn't balanced. It's. Not one voice it's many voices concerns shouting are they concerned about phrik no. They won't care. They will try to find something else to use. [member="Alyesa Organa"] and the rest of my family will not allow them to have it. "

She folded her hands, "I'm sorry I lost my temper. And put the talks at risk. But Draco they won't give Ali Hadrix to you. " a sad smile caressed her lips.

"And Alderaan is not important to them it is only important to my family and the citizens of. Alderaan. " She waited now.

[member="Darth Vulkan"]

Vulkan nodded sagely, "Then let me help you and your sister. I've met her. You are good people. Let Clan Vereen help you secure Alderaan. Let me move my fleet there to protect it. Either from the Republic or from the One Sith." Vulkan internally sneered, the essence of Draco Vereen pushing back to the top of the pile of personalities trapped within his head.

"The talks were always at risk, Faith. The Republic came here like conquering heroes, not humbled. Even still your fellow Senator stares down her nose at us barbarians." He said, attempting to be reassuring. He had a plan, as did Vulkan, and the two were working in tandem again. Dangerous and risky, but the mind of a Mandalorian who mastered corporate politics early on and the mind of a Sith Lord were not two things to be taken lightly.

"Let Mandalore protect Alderaan or free it if the Republic refuses to let it go. You are basically a cousin to half the clans, I gave my word to your sister I would help you. Let us help Alderaan, for once, let Alderaan receive aid, not give it." Draco had his motive, and for once they were pure, well, good.

"You met with Alyesa I guess I shouldn't be surprised, she's always thinking ahead." So then he was an ally to her family.

The problem here was that for a long time they had wanted to get the Mando'ade to come to Alderaan. And now here was Draco Vareen of Clan Vareen offering help. She had to consider her words carefully consider the long term affects. But she would make him aware of all rather than have it be revealed.

"There's more than Alderaan to protect." Faith reached over put her hand on Draco's arm, and now urged him to walk with her so that others would not hear, keeping her voice low, "my mother last year made an agreement with another world, one that has become home for many refugees from Alderaan, it is located near the border near the Colla IV system. A system called Aldera, a planet named Aldera. My mother is Queen there. Aldera and Alderaan are working in concert."

She was cautious, but she had always felt more comfort with Mandalorian honor than anything else, why else had she married Dar'yaim at 16. If only he were here now. But that was something else, another time. "We need to protect the phrik rights of Alderaan, but Aldera...could be held hostage for Alderaan since my mother is there."

She smiled in genuine this time, the way to her ship was ahead, "I do not believe the Republic is aware of what my mother has done. But I can't risk the lives there. As long as Alyesa is in agreement as well, I say yes bring your forces to protect us for the Republic cannot."

She stopped they were at the airlock that would take her to a shuttle to take her to the Endless Light her guards were coming forward. "Can you protect our mother too?"

[member="Darth Vulkan"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay was not expecting that type of reaction. Eshan and Alderaan had taken all of their business away from the Republic. So there was no Republic money going to them to buy their materials and equipment. It was simple. So that money would have to go elsewhere.

As for the recording, she had never heard it before. And it didn't sound....real. She pinched her arm to see if she was dreaming or stuck in Thraxis' mental institution again. But she wasn't. This was real. Those events happened. [member="Commander Lusk"] spoke up and she liked his offer, though it was not her place to tell him what to do.

"That....that recording. That doesn't sound like the Republic that I thought that I worked for. What was said in there...it was wrong. I would never act in that way or say such things.....How could they do that?" Was that just a product of their old administration? Or was that how it has always been? "It seems as though I had spent too much time in Hutt space and elsewhere instead of where I should have been. I can see now why you hate us...What they did was so very wrong."

She just couldn't believe it. All this time she had been liberating slaves, voting for equal sentient rights, only to find that some in the Republic had been doing the opposite. She felt almost shattered.

[member="Auru Taff"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
No, no, no, no.

His fist tightened into a ball and the leather squeaked in distress as a pit of anger began to well up in his gullet. Stupid Republic, they were playing right into his hands. His old eyes fell on Lusk. Of course the Sith would fall on fear and hatred, of course it would be a simple task to manipulate these simple people into doing exactly what he wanted. Disarming the Republic in the middle of their war for survival was almost a clear death sentence to the Mandalorians. Draco knew this and the why wasn't hard to guess.

He had trusted a Mandalorian Sith once before. Isley Verd. Though his betrayal didn't lead to any major losses, the betrayal was enough to teach the old man that the call of the Dark Side outweighed any sort of perceived loyalty to the Resol'nare or even their Mandalorian brothers and sisters. He could stop him now, right now. But now wasn't the time. Instead he could stop this Pup from making what would surely be the greatest mistake of his life,

"Keira," he said, eyes still on Lusk, "You have our word, we are aware after all that your war with the One Sith does not fair well. We're also aware of the suffering those butchers leave in their wake. We would not be fool enough to let them trounce you only to trounce us." He wouldn't speak of the unrest in the Mandalorian territories, or their recent losses at the hands of the Primeval, which by all accounts seemed to have fallen apart.

"However, what Rekali says rings true. The chemical weapons employed on Roche were cowardly and needs to be reprimanded, the indiscriminate slaughter our people needs to be handled by our courts, not yours. I've lived long enough to see how your 'courts' handle war criminals. " He was thinking on the fly here, unsure of where to go next. Things were happening so quickly. Draco wanted war, violence, and death. It was only natural...He was a Mandalorian Sith Lord after all...Maybe he could placate him?

"If you will not give Ali to us, we will take her from you. As for Alderaan..." he looked to Rekali and then to Vareen. They were winning. The Sith were winning. "How we proceed together has yet to be discussed with the Clans. However you should take Vareen's and Rekali's warning to heart." He couldn't, wouldn't let Draco turn this poor girl's home into another fiery pit of war. Not as long as he drew breath. It felt strange. On one hand he was fighting for the honor of his people, which in his mind Draco wished to tarnish, while on the other he agreed with what much of both of them were saying. The Republic DID have to pay for what they had done, and they would in time. But at the same time it felt like he was fighting his own people.

Politics did not suit the old warrior well.

[member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Draco smiled at her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Alone, without the help of the other Clans? No. I can't. Not for long anyways." He had plans, but he needed some time to put things together and prepare for a fight in case there was one. And he wanted to secure some assets first. And he wanted to try to do this without bloodshed.

"I need you to request to the Senate that Alderaan and Colla IV be seceded to the Mandalorians. I would love for that clone army in there to support that secession of important territory. I have no qualms in liberating Alderaan and Colla IV, but if there will be blood, you are the one with the power to minimize it. You are still a respected senator, or at least a senator deserving of respect. I'm not sure what all the clans can promise you, but, with your permission, I would leave with you immediately and make for Alderaan. If the Republic doesn't know whats been going on I don't want to draw attention to the other system while my personal resources are all I can guarantee. You have lots of influential family though. I can't imagine Clan Rekali, Clan Skirata, or Clan Ordo denying you, and I will see to it you are allowed to ask."

He gestured at the air lock in front of them, "I'd like to go to Alderaan together so that I can be there and waiting when my people arrive and ensure you arrive safely." If, and only if everything went well, there wouldn't be much fighting over the planet. Perhaps the Republic would let Alderaan change its loyalties and let the Mandalorian Clans shelter the planet as the planet seemed to desire. He reached out and tapped the mind of the Barabel Mandalorian Knight on the Warden near them. <Watch Colla IV> It wasn't much but the little sentinel could tell them if anything entered the system and appraise him and the other clans if the Republic launched a massacre campaign.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Commander Lusk"][member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Auru Taff"]

"I can appreciate your pain in this particular moment, Senator. Believe me when I say I have experienced the same moment of betrayal. So you can understand where Commander Skirata is coming from when he says that we cannot trust the Republic's system to prosecute their own war criminals. Ali Hadrix must be removed from a position of power and face justice in a venue that is not the Republic. I trust we're all agreed on that, the most critical point of all the points we've discussed here today."

Kay-Larr

Kay looked up to [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] and slowly shook her head. "I can understand your position, but I can't allow that just yet. And here's why. We have just had an election and a new government is forming. What kind of government that will be is still to be seen. I don't know all of the facts yet with regards to that incident, but it is being investigated. There are many outside of the Republic that have done far worse, even worse than the recording that I had just listened to. I want proper justice, just as you do. But I fear that she would not be treated fairly and impartially, even in your system. If it seems as though that incident will be swept under the carpet, then I will do what I can to be sure that justice is served. But remember, things aren't always as they appear to be. The puppet master that pulled the strings during the coup, could have still been pulling them at that time. We won't know until a full investigation is completed. So what I'm asking for is more time. I would hate to punish the wrong person for atrocities made."

[member="Auru Taff"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

"You di'kutla shebs." The quiet insult was directed towards [member="Commander Lusk"], though she didn't truly mean it. It was simply something said in the heat of the moment. "We'll talk that over later, vod'ika. I won't have you making these decisions so rashly. And you know that if you go, I go with you. But that won't be decided now." While Keira didn't exactly enjoy exercising her absolute authority, sometimes it was a nice thing to have. It allowed her to override the choices that her men made if they didn't suit the moment, and the one Lusk had brought to light was most certainly one of those. Just as she had said earlier, there would be no more unnecessary sacrifice. And what he had suggested was making out to be just that.

Thus far [member="Gilamar Skirata"] was the only one she could say for sure she could get along with, as he seemed to speak the most sense out of all of them. "You speak ill of the Sith, yet you allow one within your ranks. You may not be able to feel it, but I can sense it even from here. That Darjetii you allow to speak so freely for your people was killing civilians on Chazwa, and he is by all accounts one of those butchers you condemn. I understand this isn't the time or place to discuss such matters, but it is something the clans should be aware of." It was likely unwise to speak out so boldly against [member="Darth Vulkan"] when she was meant to be part of an envoy vying for peace, but there were some things that couldn't be left to chance.

"I can't speak for the courts of the Republic. Politics isn't where I find my niche. But I do agree that the chemical weapons should be done away with, however, I have no jurisdiction outside of the clone army I command." How much trust she garnered in the Republic itself was hard to say, but they let her follow her own agenda more or less, so she couldn't complain overly much. "If the Republic and the Mandalorians are going to come to a truce, perhaps some kind of united front is necessary. Not something exactly like Commander Lusk suggested, but a scenario similar. It never hurts to promote camaraderie and goodwill, though this may not be the right time for such forward thought and planning. Not until we come to an agreement now."

[member="Oren Beorn Rekali"], [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Lady Kay"]

"Senator, dignitaries from your own side witnessed Hadrix's war crimes. You speak of a new government needing to find its feet and make its image -- how better to prove you've set a good course than open government? Visible accountability? Frankly, Clan Rekali isn't interested in lynching Hadrix. We want her to face justice, and she will not face that in the Republic. We both know that. We might be amenable to a third party, an impartial tribunal, if one could be found."

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
If he was a Jedi he was sure his eyes would have turned the sickening yellow that seemed to accompany Sith Lords. Was this schutta really speaking of Sith to him? Her? He stood up quickly in his chair, blood pumping in his veins. He had indeed had it with these two young upstarts. Did they really think they held sway in the Republic? If they betrayed the Republic he would take the credits in a heart beat to hunt each and every one of them down like the dogs they were. Maybe this was his anger speaking, maybe it was something else.

However, Lady Kay and Rekali's exchange quickly brought his rage down. He didn't hear much of what the soldier had said, and so all he could muster as he sat back down shakily was,

"Yes, you're right. This isn't the place to speak of our mystical religious preferences." Exhaling sharply through his nose he looked to Lady Kay and Rekali to push the thought of plunging his beskad into the woman's chest from his mind. Did it matter what else she said? Maybe, then again, in a place like the Republic what worth did a soldier's words really have anyways?

"He speaks truth. There is only so much we who want peace can do, but this?" he said refering to Ali Hadrix, "This is non-negotiable. You will not enjoy our reaction otherwise."

What was wrong with him. He had never felt such raw rage before in his life. It was probably nothing...

[member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay looked from [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] to [member="Gilamar Skirata"] , and then back again. "With all due respect, the investigation hasn't been completed yet. How do we know that Hadrix was behind it all? I have born witness to innocent people being put to death and worse for crimes that they did not commit because a thorough investigation was not allowed to happen or to be completed, only to be exonerated later. And no, it wasn't with the Republic, for I have not always been a part of this government. But my gut is telling me that there is far more to this than we realize and that Hadrix is just a scapegoat. A third party would help make the trial more impartial, but the investigations must first be completed. Then if there are other persons responsible, they can be held accountable."

Kay hoped that she was explaining herself properly. But given how this meeting was going so far, her odds weren't so good. If she was in their position, she would want both sides to investigate. But then again she couldn't assume to know how they think. She wasn't a leader like them. She only represented a planet and spoke on it's behalf as dictated by it's own rulers. She was only a messenger. Yet for the moment she was trying to save lives on a much larger scale than her anti-slavery missions.

[member="Auru Taff"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

Auru nodded as his fellow senators discussed with the Mandalorians. The offers that were on the table... Taff did not enjoy any of them. Lady Kay spoke the truth when she said they were only dignitaries. It would be quite a corrupt government if a senator could make such a trade.

It seemed as if his goal of becoming unnoticed was successful, as no one addressed him outright. Or maybe they had? To be honest, Senator Taff had been dwelling on his memnii, anyone with the Force would be able to sense it. He had to, to keep from psyching himself out. He felt the tension of the room like a weight on his shoulders.

"If I may be so bold as to speak, Representatives of the Mando'ae, Senators," he began, twiddling his thumbs under his robe nervously, "I believe that the best course of action for all parties is to have a temporary ceasefire while the Republic deals with it's internal strife, and we all hold an investigation into any and all war crimes. This war that we find ourselves in, gentlemen," the Caamasi said, stepping in front of them, looking up, fear still present in his eyes. Not fear for himself, but fear for the Republic. "It will corrupt both of our states. My people have a saying. 'War is the ticket to adversity'. How can the Republic hope to dish out justice to it's citizens when we are threatened by the injustices of war?"

Auru looked up, passion blazing in his golden eyes. Turning his gaze back to the floor respectfully, Taff joined his fellow senators again. "As for additional offers... we are not at the liberty of making them. But, I promise that we will bring this up in front of the Senate the first chance we get."

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Commander Lusk"]

In the very same room as the Senators from the Republic and the Mandalorian delegation....
At the mere mention of Ali Hadrix potentially having no involvement much less being innocent of crimes involved during the Roche Skirmish - the tables begin to shake and glasses shatter! A ghost from the Netherworld is angry! It best be wise to get the facts straight and get them straight quick or the Republic will have chaos on their hands from the great beyond!

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Lady Kay"][member="Auru Taff"][member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

"Senator Kay, that's nonsense. There are witnesses, testimonials, and recordings from both sides. She did it, end of story. This is why the Republic cannot be the authority over her trial.

"Senator Taff, thank you for your words of wisdom. If your delegation doesn't have the authority to agree to our terms, please send us one that does.

"And if one of you is using the Force to rattle the dishes, please stop."

Kay-Larr

Kay frowned slightly. Some witnesses had been interviewed, but not everyone yet. And both sides have yet to share the information that they had gathered. "Again, with all due respect...You appear to have already come to your own conclusion with regards to her guilt or innocence. In your hands she would not have a fair trial either. All that I hope for her is a fair and unbiased trial. I would want the same for you if you were in her place, and for myself if I was in hers."

She looked to [member="Auru Taff"], especially when the shaking and glass shattering started. "I think that someone might be telling us to take our leave..."

[member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom