Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War! What is it Good For?

"It has been eight years since I was able to speak among those who understand, thank you for tactfully telling me...I slaughtered it." She smiled at [member="Commander Lusk"]. Her attention turned to [member="Darth Vulkan"] and to [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] .

She heard the pain in Vulkan's voice, she had seen the pain in Ember's eyes that day. For a moment she had to look down, yes the pain of losing children was one that would crush any parent,. She knew in her heart that if someone had killed Bud she would not have called a peace conference she would be hunting their head to put on a pike at the gates.8 years and still the pained burned as if it were yesterday.

"House Organa grieves with those who have suffered losses." Faith's voice was soft she truly felt the grief to the very core of her soul, it coupled with how she already grieved for her own and blossomed into something bigger something that if she was not careful could overwhelm her reason. She tamped the emotion back down.

"I am familiar with Clan Skirata" She had missed somewhere that [member="Gilamar Skirata"] lived she had thought her Uncle [member="Ordo"] had killed him when possessed by the dark lord. She made a mental note to ask next time she spoke with Tia Rianna.

"I am here" she lifted her gaze now the brief moments of reflection having passed, "I don't want to see anyone else lose a child, a brother, a father, sister" Faith had to clench her teeth , "to war."

Faith looked to those with her all and all the representatives of the Republic, "We recognize that you are but one speaker for the Clans of Mandalore. We hope that what we can do here today you will take back to them to be passed by the other clans. We hope we can come to an accord that brings honor to those who have sacrificed so much, and provides a way forward that everyone can live with."

Live, yes for others to go on, Faith knew this was a single front but it was a start.

She wanted to give the others time to speak as she thought about how to address the rancor in the room, he did say he was Darth Vulkan, indicating he was a Sith.

[member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
"Draco..."Kay whispered to herself as her former boss revealed himself. So he had gone even darker, even worse than when they had last met and he blames others for his choices. He was no negotiator, that was for sure and certain as he had started the whole talk slinging insults, blame and accusations as though he had never caused any harm. But she was there on Naboo, by the request of a Sith Lord to try to stop the invasion and hostile takeover of the peaceful world by the Techno Union and Draco's army. Villages were destroyed, people were killed and those that did surrender were taken away to re-education centres. It was horrifying and unnecessary. Hardly the acts of a noble and honourable people. But Kay had to bite her tongue. This was not the time or the place and the two of them had already spoken about the issue. She still felt guilty about what Draco had now become, knowing that she was partly to blame for it.

"I hate war, especially needless ones. If we were allowed to have meetings as opposed to war when the coup happened, lives could have been saved. For all the betrayal you felt, you can imagine that we felt at least double that. But let's not throw accusations or blame. That'll get us nowhere. Instead we should be talking about moving forward. I think that we owe that to those that lost their lives."

[member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"]

Vulkan smiled, and audibly laughed as Kay spoke. "I remember you Kay. I must have been misunderstood, and for that I apologize. We can argue the finer points of how bad you feel about the Republic's disdain for its allies." He snorted the last bit out. "And whether it was a valid feeling all day. We can argue about whether the Republic is or isn't a beacon of light. But, that isn't what this is." He was dark for certain, having fought the Republic on Contruum, Balmorra, and Chazwa alongside the One Sith, but even then he refrained from attacking civilians.

He looked from Kay to Faith, expecting her to be the mediator in all this. "I am here to listen to what you are willing to do, to hear you beg us to stop this war." His voice was dark and ominous.

"So tell me, what can the Republic promise us." In truth, Vulkan was bad cop, already annoyed with the Republic delegation just as Oren had warned.

[member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Anija Betna"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Faith Balor-Organa"][member="Lady Kay"][member="Darth Vulkan"] @Kiera Ticon [member="Commander Lusk"]

Irritation bubbled up in Oren, but he kept it down for the moment. In search of insight, he pulled a pelko bug from his belt pouch and pressed it to his neck. Hot venom flooded through him, clearing his mind and giving him insight of many kinds. He popped the bug into his mouth and chewed, deep in thought.

"If you had been...allowed...to have meetings." Oren weighed Kay's words on his tongue and spat to the side. Saliva and pelko carapace thudded on the deck. "Only one of you so much as contacted us in good faith. The rest of you made no effort to engage us. It was a gesture of contempt, one of many. For the sake of Rianna Organa's honourable behaviour, you have this chance. I urge you to take it. So." The Tashai Vahla spread his hands and leaned back in his chair. "You wish for meetings? Talk. What will you do to make this right?"

If it was one thing commander Lusk wouldn't take it was hypocrites and liars, and ideally that's what the Sith in front of him was. Because well, that's what the Sith were. Deceit, fear, and other negative emotions. They were the darkness, and while the Republic was no shining beacon of light itself he wasn't going to sit there by someone who was worse than Dar'manda, he was Sith.

"If you expect us to bow down to you and get on our knees to blow your ego I'm afraid you're not going to get that, at least not from me or Keira." Lusk said with a bit of malice in his voice.

"Because what you said earlier, how my brothers and sisters executed civilians, that's a lie. You'd know it was a lie if you knew they have chips placed in their heads that doesn't allow the murder of civilians. Now if you are referring the the Imperial Remnant members of the armed forces that I executed on Chazwa, then I suppose you'd be half right." Lusk said trying to resist lighting the Sith on fire.

"But do not sit here and talk to me about morality, Sith." he said putting emphasis on the last bit of words.

"You killed my brothers and sisters on Chazwa, you killed thousands of civilians in the crossfire, your field marshals killed innocent mine workers on Muunlist, your Admiral Larraq was given a Medal of Honor for killing hundreds of millions of civilians. So do not pretend you are any better than us. But I can't promise you anything on behalf of the republic." Lusk said with a glare that started to lesson.

"But what I can promise is that the Clone army of the republic will not do harm to the mandalorians. You all trained us, Spaarti may have grown us but you all turned us into the proud men and women we are now. And that is a debt we can never repay, I thank your people, and I honor them. We don't want to fight you, we want to learn from your example and be the sons and daughters of Mandalore we were trained to be. The Warriors that you made us. I stand here now wearing your armor, and I'm proud to wear it. So when I say we do not wish to fight you can take that as an oath on my honor as a commander and warrior." Lusk had calmed himself slightly as he spoke, and while he'd of enjoyed challenging Draco to a duel there was enough blood already, enough brothers and sisters he had buried

[member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
He had heard that the template for the Republic's clone army was Preliat, but he was not prepared for the ghost of another of his many failures to face him in that room that day. His eyes narrowed at Draco as he went on to introduce himself first as a Sith, Mandalorian second. It was bold of him, he thought, of the man to claim such directly in the presence of the Republic and even more so in the presence of Gilamar Skirata. Though his distaste for the Republic ran deep, personal reasons made his hatred for the Dark Side, especially Sith even deeper. He had tried to turn a blind eye to Draco's...extracurricular activities with the Sith, keeping him at arm's reach where he could.

Already, the meeting was heating up. He felt the need to defend his position, or rather his pressured position, in awarding Larraq that medal, but that was a completely unrelated topic. The old man grunted in discomfort as he shifted in his seat.

"Very forward of you Vareen to declare your alignment so proudly," he muttered under his breath, of course this was also meant for all to hear so as to not confuse his working with Draco as something he actually wanted to do. His eyes fell on Keira and slowly moved to the other Republic senators, "And you'd best muzzle your Pup before he makes a wound not even your jetiise could heal." Young, eager to fight, he was very much a product of the Wolf of Mandalore, but even still he was just a pup, one of many, sired by that wild beast. He knew that it would backfire eventually for the Republic. You never could truly domesticate a wolf without breeding out the wild side.

He folded his arms, "But I must agree with Vareen and Rekali, this meeting isn't about who did what first. The Manda knows that could go back and forth until the banthas come home. What we want to know is how how you intend to prevent another Crusade, without glassing half our planet." Maybe his information was a little skewed considering most actual records of anything before 400ABY were destroyed or missing, but he felt that the oral history of the Mandalorians was good enough that at least his Mandalorian colleges in the room would know that he was referring to the Crusades of Ancient times and the events that led to the great White Desert that now covered almost half of Mandalore. One a Mandalorian act of aggression that brought the Republic to their knees, the other an unwarranted attack on a thriving people. At least, that's how he saw those ancient acts.

[member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Auru Taff"]

Reaching up Keira placed a calming hand on Lusk's shoulder, not dissuading him from speaking but making certain he wouldn't lash out on instinct alone. "Peace, vod'ika. We're here to prevent a war, not instigate one." Far be it from her to preach nonviolence, but she didn't wish to see further lives lost in the fighting any more than the rest of them. It was funny, how much one could change after relearning what it meant to have a conscience. That didn't, however, mean she disagreed in the least with what had been said. He was stating the truth the rest of them were too meek and timid to admit to, and she would stand by him on that. Perhaps in that manner she was more like his older sibling than she liked to think.

Her eyes narrowed just slightly at the words directed towards both Lusk and herself, though to her credit she didn't react immediately untoward. "He has just as much a right to speak his piece as your Darjetii. You would do well to hold your tongue in that regard." The words she spoke were barely civil, if that, though her tone was even and each word put forth carefully. She was no diplomat, as this very well demonstrated. Her only place here was to speak on behalf of the clone army that had become a hot topic of late, and put forth her word that the Mandalorians wouldn't be harassed or otherwise injured by the military under her command.

"I speak for both the clone army of the Republic and what Lusk has said when I tell you that we don't wish to war with your people. So long as they remain beneath my command no harm will be done to any that call themselves Mandalorian, or any civilians, for that matter. Every single one of my men adores your people, and perhaps that can be the first of the bridges that unite us." For her own part she had grown to respect the culture as well, but she wouldn't hesitate to stand against it if they brought war to the Republic's front door. Hopefully the Senators would be able to assist in preventing rather than propagating that.

[member="Gilamar Skirata"], [member="Commander Lusk"], [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"], [member="Darth Vulkan"], [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Faith Balor-Organa"], [member="Auru Taff"]

Kay-Larr

Kay sighed a little. This was going nowhere quickly. Instead it seemed as though it was growing into a pissing contest, a battle of egos. Maybe that was the warrior way? Her late husband would have been perfect for this task, but a Sith Lord killed him.

Still she had to keep her emotions in check as [member="Darth Vulkan"] seemed to be trying to bait them into a fight, or at the very least, a big argument. "If I could be everywhere that I need to at once, then I would. There was plenty going on at the time and I was also taken away to Hutt space by bounty hunters. So I am sorry if I couldn't reach out to any of you beforehand." She didn't speak with disdain in her voice but with regret.

Her eyes then fell to each of the clan leaders in turn. "I don't hate you or your people. You are known galaxy wide as being the best warriors. I have more respect for you than you realize, especially you, Draco. There is no begging to be had on either side. Just a mutual understanding. I propose that we keep out of your space and you can avoid ours for the time being. Gives us all time to heal, to grieve and to rebuild. But if something comes up and either one of our peoples needs to go through eachother's territory, then permission must first be granted so that there is no hostilities. It has worked with other governments and could work here if we wish it. Then maybe in time, relations could normalize.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Lady Kay"]

"So you do want peace. I was beginning to wonder there for a while. Tragic as it is, Senator, I fail to see how your captivity excuses the entire Republic from attempting to talk. Our only point of contact was Senator Organa, and we initiated that contact. I understand that you had a great deal going on, but you had time to move an entire army into Nickel One before we arrived, call on the Galactic Alliance, conjure two fleets, and hire a five-thousand-metre mercenary force that killed civilians for convenience. The time was there, the calls were being made, the meetings were manifestly being had. So when you, Senator...Kay, is it? ...talk about a paucity of meetings as if the Mandalorians forbade them, I hear a liar.

"Commander Ticon, I acknowledge your words. As with Commander Lusk, you speak from a place of honest anger and sincere intent. I regret that your boys will have it as their duty to fight us if the Senate does not reach acceptable terms.

"Because a non-aggression pact, couched in such a way as to make any Mandalorian's presence in the Core, any Mandalorian corporation's investment there, into a potential casus belli -- oh yes, the barbarian knows your tongue, oh diplomats -- does not fall under the heading of acceptable terms. It is the diplomatic equivalent of the little move your Kay tried a minute ago: 'actually, we have the high ground, I have the last word, but let's not talk about it anymore.' Your ability to walk away from this tragedy with rapped knuckles is no more a fait accompli than your government's constant claim to righteousness."

He turned his attention to [member="Auru Taff"] and [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]. "Speak, and speak wisdom."

Well this was going well she thought, she quietly listened to everyone speak. She gave [member="Lady Kay"] a kick to the ankle to get her attention. Faith looked to [member="Darth Vulkan"], and then to [member="Gilamar Skirata"] the General seem to be unaware of his vod's status as a Sith. Well then let him deal with him, as long as what was discussed went back to the Clans, she would let the internal workings of the Clans deal with Darth Vulkan.

Interesting, and Faith did not know that Kay knew him. Another Sith that she knew. Did he know of her Jedi skills? Had he taught her something as well? A discussion that she would have with Kay later.

Faith could not help but to smile at [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] for mentioning her Aunt Rianna. Whatever it was that Tia had done, Faith was grateful for it.

Dar'yaim had taught her, A mandalorian never forgets. No matter what was said, or done the things of the past would not be forgotten. This Faith knew, and understood. Faith heard [member="Commander Lusk"] much anger there. The calmer voice of [member="Keira Ticon"] reassuring that war was not what was wanted.

"There are very few things that the Republic can offer to the Mando'ade . Your builders are leading the way in weapons, and ship technology. We hold no political prisoners to offer. Ali Hadrix is to be tried for her actions at Roche which I realize is little comfort. " Faith had already decided she was not going to beg for anything, it wasn't in her nature to do so. And she felt to do so would once again put the Republic in a bad light with those across the table.

"What the Senator from Commenor offers has merit. A neutral zone so to speak, but what does that do in reality? It says don't cross this line, or else...it will not stop the raids, it may not even stop any aggressive actions. We need something in common to work for. Field Marshall Rekali had said to me that he would offer to help with refugees, and rescue anything else would need a contract." So far Senator [member="Auru Taff"] had not said much.

"General Skirata, I can't see the future. I can only say to you that as long as I am in office I will not authorize the glassing of any planets, and I do not believe that Supreme Chancellor, [member="Jack Sparrow"] would either. I could never authorize the murder of my family. War offers no comfort it only takes and leaves us raw and bleeding no matter what side we are on"

Faith sat back, "Let us find one point that we can agree on - If the Republic asked, would the Mando'ade help with refugees? And let us find something that Republic has they can offer -. Manaan is part of the Republic, do you need kolto? then let us find a way to prevent war"

This was a negotiation, Faith wanted to negotiate, not dictate. She needed a common beginning point to build on without looking foolish or weak.

Can't offer a status on Genevieve Lasedri as that rp has not finished out. Faith is fighting her to take her into custody

Kay-Larr

Kay just stared at the table. Her words were being twisted as though she was some snob and felt herself above them, but that was far from the truth. She never carried herself in that way. But would they even hear her if she tried to explain that? Probably not. They were part of the reason that she stepped down as COO of ArmaTech. She wasn't a fighter or a warrior, so she didn't have their respect. How could she work with that? Demanding it just wasn't her way and that would only make them despise her more.

She jumped a bit when Faith kicked her. Ouch! Kay clenched her jaw and held her tongue. She wasn't a liar and she knew it. She only meant that she didn't want anyone to jump the gun and think that either was trespassing and had wanted to start a war. With tensions being as they are, she thought it very possible. It wasn't her fault that she wasn't there for everything that others in the Republic was doing. She didn't get word of any of it until after the fact. She didn't direct the military or any such thing. Kay just didn't have the authority to tell any of them what to do.

Now she questioned herself on why she had chosen to come. It wasn't as though she had any common ground or was on equal footing with them. But she remained as it was her duty. No matter how much they tore her down, she would stay and just..take it.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

"I think Faith speaks words of wisdom. Its a step in the right direction, but. I will say the truth of what I believe. If Mandalore presses this war, we will win." He sighed and sat looking at Faith as though she was the only person in the room. "If we give the Republic time to collect itself, it will no doubt attack us as the Supreme Commander has promised. I don't believe you will remove her from her office either. Every day of peace we give you, it grows more and more likely you will turn on us as soon as you are stronger. A year of peace with the Republic will prolong our war a decade."

He leaned forward putting his elbows on his knees and resting his chin on his hands. "If we are going to grant you peace, and make no mistake it is not in our best interests to do so, the Republic would need to be heavily disarmed. Right now, in this room there is a woman with total control of a fairly large Clone Army, unless I am to believe all of their chips have been removed, and I don't believe that without serious proof."

"I am talking about disarmament. Limitations on Capital ships size and their roles. Removal of the Republics weapons of mass destruction and chemical weapons, the reduction of the army, dissolution of all cloning facilities loyal to the Republic, and finally, we should talk about the extradition of Supreme Commander Hadrix."

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Anija Betna"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Commander Lusk"]

Senator Taff observed everthing going on, simply taking in information. He simply followed along, and did as he was told. Observation was the name of the game. Taff had observed the negotiations take place. Auru wanted to learn from the more experienced senators. Of course, the Caamasi had bowed to everyone, and simply kept his mouth shut. He felt no need to offer imput yet.

As he watched the talks, Auru began to feel the apprehension creep in again. Instead of looking to Alic, he tried to dwell on his own memnii.

Taff looked between the Mando and his fellow Senators. The opposition were more war-like in appearance, but they were not that different. Both sides only wanted what was best for everyone. That meant justice. In this way, Senator Taff sided with the Mandalorians. Justice needed to be served. The only question was how it would be served. Auru kept his muzzle shut, trying to not attract attention to himself until he had something to say.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Commander Lusk"]

"While your demands are most certainly achievable they are not ideal for a nation that has more enemies than simply the mandalorians." The Clone Commander said to Draco.

"If we were to go along with your demands then you would simply attack us under the banner of the Techno Union, or the One Sith for that matter. A person like you wears many hats among various major powers and a Republic weakened by these limitations you would seek to impose would stand vulnerable to fall. Now before the Senators here allow your words to fully enter their ears I will let them know it was you leading the charge on Chazwa with the Sith and Union." Lusk wouldn't have any of the Sith's bull right now.

"So here's my counter. The Galactic Republic should be granted a military force capable of defending our borders, our civilians, and our assets from more attacks like the one you personally orchestrated on our Capital. Enough to secure and not to invade, nothing more and nothing less." Lusk would then look to the senators.

"However on the part of the discussion that pertains directly to my family let me tell you that I can give you concrete evidence that the chips have been shut down. There is footage from Cartao of the corporate alliance and republic siege with them standing victorious. Along with footage of the code phrase being spoken to troopers stationed across the galaxy. But we follow this woman not because of any chips, but because she has earned our loyalty through combat and fire."

"Peace is achievable, a peace that we can both agree to. Chemical weapons, WMDs, the extradition, and cloning facilities, we can agree. I do not wish to see more clones brought into this life to know death and war. But if you are serious about this you have to be flexible, no one wants to bury more loved ones. Civilians, Clones, or Mandalorians."

"But I know your type, I know you seek the glory of combat and victory. But let tell you something. War is easy, taking a life is easy, peace is the real challenge. And there is nothing more honorable than living for something, than dying for nothing." Lusk hoped he could reach the Sith somehow. His demands were ridiculous and the senate should know of his multiple stances of power throughout the galaxy.

[member="Lady Kay"]@ Faith Balor-Organa [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Anija Betna"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

The Sith Lord smiled and nodded. "You might be right. I should point out I have no loyalties to One Sith. I am a mercenary and they pay me and my men where as the Republic refused our aid. If someone else would approach with offers when battles loomed they would be weighed equally. And Its been sometime since I stepped down and left the Union. But that isn't to say I no longer have ties with them."

"Understanding the belief of a conflict of my interests in the matter of disarmament, I will defer to Clan Rekali's judgement." He nodded his head again, respectfully at the Pelko seer from the Witch-lead Clan. Vulkan was willing to let the Warmaster's own clan discuss and negotiate the issues of fleet reduction, even if the specifics hadn't yet been mentioned and was already vehemently denied by the Clone Soldier, who in truth had no political influence.

There was but one issue resting on the Sith Lord's mind that could be discussed momentarily. In the Sith's mind the last issue was the one they couldn't budge on. If they were representing Justice, and they were despite the condescending tone and high horse the Republic rode in on, they couldn't allow the final issue to continue.

[member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

"Commander Vereen has recused himself to defang your accusations of conflict of interest. But do not do yourselves the disservice of believing that he has not been voicing the wishes of our leaders. A reasonable disarmament, as you have expressed, Commander Lusk, would leave the Republic with enough forces to defend but not to invade, as well as limits on WMDs and chemical weapons such as those deployed at Roche. I am pleased you concur.

"The final issue is, of course, the Republic's stance on independence movements. Alderaan and Eshan have closed their borders and ejected all Republic personnel; in the case of Eshan, they have expelled all non-Echani. If the Republic acts to oppose these legitimate independence movements, peace will be off the table entirely. I say that not as a threat, but to impress upon you that we have long and well-established friendships with the Echani and Alderaanians, as Senator Balor-Organa can attest. Any peace agreement must include a commitment that the Republic will not force its member worlds to remain when they choose otherwise. This commitment would reduce the temptation to take high-handed action, and would be in keeping with the principles you claim."

Kay-Larr

"We haven't stopped anyone from leaving. At least, not since I have been around. Their leaving frees up some of our funding for other worlds and other projects. Worlds switch loyalties from government to government all the time. That's no reason to attack or force ourselves onto them."

Kay just had to speak up and she waited for Faith to kick her again. But it just wasn't fair or a good negotiating tactic for the Mandalorians to constantly insult them. High horse indeed. She wanted to speak about Draco's last demand with regards to Hadrix, but kept quiet. It was an internal matter, just the same as the coup. Justice didn't mean handing people over for others to deal with. No government would do that to their own people.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Vulkan smiled widely and clicked a few buttons on his gauntlet. "It seems Senator Kay, you haven't been keeping up with the ongoing events within the Republic. Perhaps Manaan and its kolto doesn't ring a bell for you?" Vulkan had come prepared for such a statement, excellent talks with Alyesa Organa had been very beneficial indeed.

A audio recording began playing for the group to hear.

"This is Amar, a Sith world of great strength; located very close to your planet, which is essentially a diamond left on a park bench in the middle of Nar Shaddaa...waiting to be taken, and too easy a prize to resist."

"One of two things will happen. You will join the Republic, we will make an arrangement to transport a sustainable supply of kolto in exchange for payment at a war time markup of no more than five percent. In exchange you will receive a bonafide flotilla and mobile garrison to ensure the protection of your people and your product, and when the Sith invade, we will do what we can to fend them off."

"Or, we will leave here today with no agreement and when the Sith invade Manaan and enslave your people and strip its oceans bare of kolto, I will ignore your pleas for help and wait until the Sith are too occupied throwing your people into concentration camps before I even consider launching a counteroffensive to free your world."

"That, sounds like the generous acceptance of a willing world entering into the gracious arms of the Holy Republic Empire for certain. It will be required that Manaan be allowed to renegotiate as well, assuming they want you there and the Republic maintains control of the system following the battle of Roche." He said quietly with a smile.

[member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom