Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War! What is it Good For?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Auru Taff"]

"Thank you, Oren," said an old voice with some finality, out of absolutely nowhere. "I think I can take it from here."

Layers upon layers of delicate, pervasive White Current immersion peeled away, along with a decent amount of active camo, and suddenly there was one more person in the room. Tall, masked, hooded, armoured except for scarred bare hands -- he'd been standing in the corner, concealed by some of the best stealth in the galaxy. His Force presence rolled out, cold and deadly strong, generations of instruction older than Vulkan or Ticon.

The old man rested at hand on [member="Gilamar Skirata"]'s shoulder and took the seat that Vulkan had recently abandoned, as if he hadn't just appeared out of thin air.

"Commander Ticon, Senator Taff, Commander Lusk, Senator Kay, I'm Warmaster Ember Rekali. I served the Republic for many years." He interlaced his fingers together and rested thick beskar bracers on the edge of the table. "Jedi Master Aaralyn Rekali, the Martyr of Roche, whose presence you've just felt, is my daughter. But I've fought the Sith my entire life, and they took the rest of my family, so my perspective is this: I require recompense for our dead, but the Sith must fall.

"Tempers have burned hot. Well, I burn cold. So based on what you've already promised, let's talk about precisely what needs to happen next.

"Ali Hadrix must face an impartial tribunal without Republic connections. You have functionally agreed to this; we can move on. But understand this, ladies and gentlemen: I personally witnessed the orders she and her subordinates gave, the orders that ended my daughter's life. Full absolution is thus impossible. In the meantime, she must be removed from all positions of authority. That is non-negotiable.

"The Republic's leadership must sign a binding pledge not to oppose the secession of member worlds, or otherwise force worlds to remain. I'm speaking mainly of Alderaan, Eshan, and Manaan, but the pledge must encompass any world. That is non-negotiable.

"You must remove all non-defensive forces from the areas adjacent to the Roche System. Feel free to continue fortifying them if you see fit. That will appease those of us who call for your disarmament, while not leaving you helpless to the benefit of the Sith.

"You have pledged that the clone army will affiliate with the Mandalorians. I embrace you as brothers and sisters. Clan Rekali will provide you a world of your own, if you wish it. Any adult Mandalorian who willingly serves the Republic against his or her own people is dar'manda, but between your experiences with youth, programming, and loyalty chips, I see a good deal of leeway for your men and women to come to the right conclusion as they grow in agency and experience.

"The Republic will pay the funeral costs of every Mandalorian and Verpine civilian who died on Nickel One, as well as the one hundred twenty-seven civilians murdered by your naval subcontractor for his own convenience. Likewise, the funeral costs for my daughter, and all medical costs incident to your ally's release of rhak-skuri biological weapons. That point is non-negotiable.

"Now, to which of these terms do you agree, here and now? If we establish where your delegation stands on these points, and which ones you're empowered to accept, we can move on."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay placed her hand on [member="Auru Taff"] 's arm as soon as [member="Ember Rekali"] appeared out from nowhere. How many more were hidden in this room? She was glad to have both Commanders there with him, just in case. Her jaw tightened slightly as she focused on shrinking her Force signature even smaller, to that of a small grain.

"Thank you for your service, Warmaster. I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter. I lost my husband and our adopted children almost a decade ago by the Sith. I have been trying to save as many families as I could since then." She bowed her head to him before continuing. "The Republic that I wish for would not force any world to remain in their fold. Each world is and should be independent while under our banner. But that's just my opinion. I will forward your requests to the new Supreme Chancellor. As for the funeral and costs, I will look after them, so that I know for sure that they will be covered. I am not a wealthy person by any means. I don't even have a home to live in as most of my salary goes towards freeing slaves. I will instead transfer those funds to them. The dead should be honoured for their sacrifices. What I ask in return is that all hostilities cease until our Supreme Chancellor and the Senate get back to us."

[member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

[member="Ember Rekali"]

"If it keeps further innocents from dying then the clone army agrees to these terms, Commander I've never asked you for anything in my entire life. Ive been a good soldier and I love you." Lusk looked over to Keira and put a hand on her shoulder.

"But we've buried enough people, sir. Our fellow Vod and thousands of civilians, we need peace." Lusk squeezed Keira's shoulder a bit and sighed afterwards.

Honestly he didn't want to work against the republic at all, he rather loved the senators and other people he had met. But he loved the idea of keeping people alive more, and an actual peace between these two nations.

"I do have a request though Warmaster. My family was made to fight the Sith, we will willingly affiliate with the Clans but I won't leave the people of the republic unprotected. I can't survive another Chazwa, if we weren't there then possibly millions could of died. I ask that while you may give us this world we be given passage to republic worlds in order to safe guard civilians from threats both foreign and domestic." It was a simple request and an honorable one at that, hopefully the Warmaster could see that Lusk meant only the best for the people of the galaxy. He was young and innocent like that, after all he was only eight.

Taff was taken off-guard by how well his little speech had gone, and how no one seemed to outright scold him for being so bold. He was even more surprised by the shaking plates. What surprised him more than that was the man popping seemingly out of nowhere. But what took the cake was what happened when Lady Kay touched the Caamasi's arm. After she had finished speaking, Auru tried to dwell on one of his memnii, of when he was but seven years old. It was a beautiful scene, with him, and his godfather playing in a tree. He had been so young, so naive as he frolicked among the leaves with Alic. The memnii immediately calmed him down, but something else twinged at the back of his head, as if part of the memnii was being shared.

With a silent gasp, the Caamasi looked to the senator touching his arm. He had accidentally shared this memory with the Lady. But, that makes no sense. She isn't Force-Sensitive... is she? The power of the memnii was reserved to fellow Caamasi, as well as Force-Sensitive beings. The revelation left Senator Taff speechless. He looked away from her quickly, and turned his head to the floor, golden eyes glazed in thought. He tried to assume a normal stance again, politely shrugging off Lady Kay's touch.

[member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

The second [member="Gilamar Skirata"] shot to his feet Keira became far more alert, straightening immediately in her chair, saber hilt instantaneously in her grasp. Once he seemed to relax she did in turn, slowly and deliberately placing the weapon down on the table next to her helmet. It wasn't an aggressive action per se, though it communicated her willingness to act should this escalate further. Until that moment, however, she relaxed back in her seat, gaze lingering on the man for just a few seconds longer before it broke away. There would be no further threats made, whether blatant or less obvious in their utterance. A stalemate between the two had been reached, and it would suffice.

When [member="Ember Rekali"] made his presence known she listened without protest or interruption to what he had to say, not being given a chance to put forth her own thoughts before [member="Commander Lusk"] made his decision clear. A retort was nearly on her lips, but it melted into a smile when Lusk put his hand on her shoulder, and she only nodded. "I love you too, Lusk, and you know that I trust your judgment above all else. If this is what you wish to do, then you'll have it." Still, they were family, and had never been separated for any extensive amount of time. And, contrary to what her words seemed to suggest, they weren't about to begin now. Whether the Mandalorians liked it or not, these men and women were her family, and she wouldn't simply abandon them.

"I do, however, have requests of my own that I would like to see fulfilled before this agreement between the clans and the army is finalized. So long as they remain in Mandalorian space, I will accompany them, and they will remain under my command. They may work at the behest of the clans, but we're family, and nothing will change that." There would be compromise or there would be nothing at all. "If these things that I ask of you can be abided by, then we will affiliate ourselves with you, Warmaster."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

"Who am I to judge how a family runs itself, Commander Ticon? Or interfere when it wants to fight the Sith, Commander Lusk? I'll make a world available in the Gordian Reach immediately, in Clan Rekali territory. That much, I can promise on my own authority. Welcome home."

He turned then to the Senators. "Senator Kay, your gesture of good faith is noted. A step, perhaps, toward the Republic regaining its honour. Some will consider it a drop in the bucket, but for the moment, let's call it a handhold found while sliding down a cliff. Senator Taff, thank you for your words. You do honour to the Caamasi people.

"As for the rest of our terms, I understand that you need to take them to the Chancellor himself. In short: a non-Republic tribunal for Hadrix and her co-conspirators, and that's a concession. Hadrix to be removed from any position of authority pending the outcome of the tribunal. A binding pledge that the Republic will not interfere with armed force if its member worlds choose to secede. Removal of all non-defensive forces from the regions adjacent to Roche. Senator Kay's generosity has already settled the last non-negotiable point. We'll need an answer from the Republic authorities as soon as possible. I'll ensure that Clan Rekali holds back until that answer's given, though I can't speak for all the Clans and there is nobody who can.

"I believe that concludes our business today, unless you have anything to add from Clan Skirata, Gil?"

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
The old man had a feeling Ember wouldn't sit on the sidelines and let someone else speak for him, though he had to admit that Oren had done very well. Regardless his voice certainly startled him, though he attempted to keep his composure. A little difficult when his wristblade was deployed under the table.

"Ah...No. Ticon, Lusk, welcome to the Clans."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay felt a bit of peace and joy after she spoke. But then the images of trees and of playing among them. Those weren't her memories. The quick look by [member="Auru Taff"] , followed by his downward gave and shrug of her hand gave her the answer to her question before it could even be formed in her mind. He knows. How much longer before the rest of the Senate found out? And the Supreme Chancellor?

She tore her attention away from her fellow Senator and listened to [member="Ember Rekali"] and then to [member="Gilamar Skirata"] . It was over. This part at least. The tension in the room was no longer as thick as it once was. That was a good thing. Kay got to her feet. "Thank you. We will be sure to bring this to the Supreme Chancellor and get back to you as soon as he's made his decisions." She wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible, not so much because of the company, but because she worried for the future, and her future too. "Senator Taff? Shall we?" She bowed her head to the clansmen before making her way out of the meeting room and down the corridor, quickening her pace when she was out of sight, with one of her hands gripping the strap of her satchel tightly. At least on the ship, she'd have time to think.

[member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Oren Beorn Rekali"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom