Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War Stories

[member="Xin Boa"]

"Typically, yes. Gray or white depending on one's genetic code I guess."

Delila went quiet, drinking her beer as Xin and Brak got into a spat over human hair color and age. She was unconcerned with being offended. Nothing much got under her skin these days, having decided most of the time it wasn't worth the effort. Perhaps it was a sign that she was turning into a more mature, responsible adult.

Eyes rolled at the mention of her hair again. She was fairly certain Xin's eyes were narrowed, staring at her roots.

"My brother is still married as far as I'm aware of." Delila chuckled a moment before clarifying. "The sister-in-law I refer to is my ex-husband's sister. I suppose you can say we're on okay terms. Its been awhile. We all had dinner when I came back from my little jaunt in exile. Stayed with him for a bit since I was homeless. They are decent enough people."

Elbow nudged Xin.

"What about you Squidly? You and some lady lay a bunch of eggs in a lily patch and you got 5,000 fry waiting for you at home?"

Xin chuckled at the nudge. He had been caught looking at her roots to see if he could spot the natural colour. Having an ex-spouse close sounded awkward to Xin. Not that he would want to have an antagonistic relationship with such a person. It was simply that he hadn't really considered a relationship quite so permanent. Or not so...

"Two years in prison. Turns out I'm not such a catch that..."

"Hehe. Catch."

Xin turned to give Brak a withering stare. In fairness he had set that one up for his reptilian friend to keep him amused. It was a fairly simple task with Beak's sense of humour.

"...anyone felt like waiting around for my release." There was just a hint of bitterness in his tone. Two years was a long time he supposed. Couldn't blame them.

[member="Xin Boa"]

At the lame joke of Squidly not being a catch, Delila couldn't help but laugh herself. It was clear Squidly was getting tired of their lame jokes but in all reality they weren't going to be stopping anytime soon. Well, perhaps when Squidly was rid of her later on this evening once they parted ways.

"Good one Brak."

A comforting pat went to the Nautolan's shoulder.

"Its alright. Plenty of girls out there for you to mate with, find a piece of swamp and settle down into a nice boring life. Probably need to go back to an aquatic world for that to happen though. I think you'll be alright. Sow your wild oats Squidly."

[member="Delila Castillon"]

"Oh come on Castle. Gonna keep him going on year with this much encouragement. 'sides a swamp is a better place for a lizard. Nautolans like a nice clean ocean thank you very much."

"Why don't you go back to your oceans then?" Brak asked. "You complain enough about the desert but it's not like living from ship to ship can be that much nicer?"

Xin smiled thinly before replying. "What about you Brak, got a clutch of eggs down with any special lady?" He was perfectly content with the single life and occasional encounter, but there were deeper reasons for not going home and he didn't like to discuss them.

Brak paused for a moment. He gave Xin a curious stare following the clear dodge of his question. "Ah now that's a more complicated matter. Either of you know how Barabel raise their young?"

Xin shook his head.

[member="Xin Boa"]

"A nice, clean ocean? Don't your people get confused and eat plastic bags and die?"

Clearly buzzed Delila was confusing the Nautolans at this point for sea turtles. Was it stopping her from drinking? No. Another beer was ordered as Brak was complaining about ships and deserts. Made sense to her. One was hot and dry, one was dry and cold. Didn't seem like too much of a difference in her book.

Somehow now they were onto the child rearing habits of giant lizards. Eyes squinted, as if thinking how one actually raised lizard children. Another sip of beer. Since she was drawing a blank it was time for another semi-humorous,mostly smart assed answer.

"Dig a hole and plop some eggs in? Heat lamps? Leaving them to be raised by wild banthas?"

Xin's eyes actually widened further at her brazen remarks. At least Brak was getting some of it this time too. In a slow, deliberate motion he turned to face Brak, awaiting the answer.

Brak seemed to find it all very amusing and chuckled. "Two males, two females. It means the men don't know which eggs have their own offspring. Keeps the little ones from getting eaten from competitive males. Most of the time."

"Thank you Brak for that little nugget of pure horror. I preferred wild banthas. In your case it would have explained much." Xin shook his head and took another swig of beer. "What about you then 'Illon?" Xin had decided he would try out segments and combinations of her name until it was irritating. "Any kids from the ex-husband to make things tense with the in-law?"

[member="Xin Boa"]

"Lizard orgy to protect the kids. Guess there are worse sacrifices one could make."

Delila ordered another round of beer for the pair, stopping to pay her tab this time. She was getting a little more than buzzed and realized she would have to find her way to her ship in unfamiliar dark territory. Best stop drinking now, could always continue back at her ship.

The combinations of her name didn't bother her. She had various forms of nicknames. Perhaps in Squidly's culture the name thing was more important.

"No, no kids. We were both too busy to settle down and have 'em. Practiced enough though."

"Practise does make perfect!" Xin exclaimed raising his glass. "Probably simpler without kids. Wouldn't want little ones eaten by competitive males," Xin replied with a pointed look a Brak. The huge reptile have an innocent shrug. Xin imagined life was simpler all around without children. It wasn't as if he had role models for how to parent. Usually he kept away from small ones when they were present in a ship with him.

He noticed that she'd closed the tab with a handful of credit chits. Xin was getting nicely drunk, like a warm blanket around the mind. He'd been entirely dry for two years in several ways in prison.

"I can get the next round Isla?" He asked.

[member="Xin Boa"]

"Yeah, I would hate to ruin my body for nine months only to have Junior eaten by another male."

There was a grin thrown in Brak's direction as he shrugged. The trio was on an odd subject and it didn't bother her. After their long, hot day in the sun it was probably due to a touch of heat sickness. And alcohol. That was probably one of the key causes as well.

There was a snort at the mention of Isla.

"Now I'm an island? I like it...one of the more different ones I've heard." Hand reached down into a pocket and pulled out enough credit chips for a few more rounds for Squidly and Brak. She had lost track how many rounds she had bought but that promise remained.

"Sorry, I've got to tap out.I may not find my way back to my ship. I think I've got some booze on board, I can finish there."

"No, no you've bought enough rounds," Xin protested. "And it's very much appreciated," he added even if he did slur the last word. There was a mischievous smile at the question. Truthfully he'd been quite enjoying the conversation. There had been precious little in prison and certainly none with the opposite sex.

"Castle on an island? I dunno you did say pick. Just haven't chosen yet." Actually he quite liked her full first name but he had a few more combinations to try out first.

"You sure I can't convince you of another round? Do you really want to go back and finish drinking alone?" He asked.

[member="Xin Boa"]

"No, no.I have no use for them."

The credits that was. Delila wasn't accepting their protests and gave it to the bartender instead to go towards a tab for the night. Foot hooked into the stool so she wouldn't fall off. Not that there was a pressing worry about getting so drunk. There was just a lot of movement looking at Brak and Squidly, didn't need to take any chances tonight.

"Name really isn't that important, so continue your name trials by all means."

Squidly and Brak wouldn't understand. Delila had been stranded alone for nearly a decade, relying on herself. Being alone had a much more different feeling for her than it probably did for the two. She had plans to go back, get buzzed while finding something to eat. The fact she would be solo didn't make much of a difference.

"Not sure if I can trust both of you to get me home in one piece without fighting. I can stay though, I'll just lounge around here and listen to more mating habits."

"Fight with him?" Xin asked incredulously. He gave the lizard a look up and down. Even if he caught Brak by surprise with a solid kick he guessed that he would still get snapped in two and tossed aside like a rag doll. He grinned as he faced Dells. It was easy to smile. People liked when he smiled and joked. "Nah, it's finding your ship that will be the fun."

He looked over the bar to see if they had any food whilst waving for another round. She'd taken any further argument on the matter of payment for drinks off the table, but he could pay for that at least. Now he was more hydrated he was starting to feel a pang of hunger.

"Not going to force you to stay," he made little circles with his left hand in the air. "But this is the first bit of drinking and chat I've enjoyed since getting out. So won't force you, just try and guilt trio you," he explained with a wink. "Alright...what is your preferred name?"

[member="Xin Boa"]

"My ship is easy to find. The durasteel is a deep crimson color, thought it would be interesting to paint a stealth vessel such a color. Makes life more interesting."

Why wouldn't the Crimson Dahlia be such a color? It wasn't often one had a vessel named after them anyways. Not that anyone would know it was her, perhaps those in the Kathol Outback or perhaps a couple of old war horses. Squidly was looking around, either for a girl or for the bartender she couldn't tell. Her stomach rumbled slightly as she leaned back against the bar top, Squidly mentioning this was the best bit of conversation he had in years.

Sad if she was the best conversation he had in years.

"Don't have a preferred name. You pick, like I said it doesn't bother me" A pause. "Whatcha doing after this?"

"You know in the desert at night red might not actually be that obvious..." Brak started. Xin interrupted him because, as far as he was concerned, she'd already agreed to stay at least another round.

"S'funny. Ours is reddish too. I'd call it 'lightly rusting durasteel burned orange," Xin explained. The transport they'd taken had seen much better days. An aging Corellian shuttled with a 2.0 rated hyperdrive and just enough room for one to sleep in a pull down bed whilst the other napped at the console.

"I could imagine some names that might," Xin continued. Seeing Brak start to open his maw he headed him off. "Yes Brak. Like squidly does for me. I'll see what fits. After this we head back to the fleet and see what the next job is. Mining corp got several favours from is so should be dropping off some ore the Fleet needs to do some patching up of bits. Need a few rare iso..topes," Xin explained. It clearly took a moment to recall the last word.

"You?"

[member="Xin Boa"]

"Reddish? Sounds like rusted."

Delila chuckled a little. If it flew thats all that mattered. Lots of good ships rusting away on backwater planets anyways. Eyes drifted to the bar crowd, ignoring the looks Brak and Squidly seemed to be giving one another at the mention of nicknames. All Squidly had to do was fine one that got under Brak's scales and he'd be alright. Delila was going to let Squidly figure that one out on his own.

"Mining huh? Good luck with that, I did mining security work after my disillusionment with the military systems. Got me marooned on a planet for seven years." A pause. "I'm sure you'll have much better luck than myself."

"My plans? Hmn....perhaps back to Alderaan space. I have some work with the the royal family there. Good credits, not much I have to do besides look the part and keep a blaster handy."

"Yeah, normally I'd kick a ship for luck when we land but I reckon m'boot would go through the outer hull," he laughed. There was a slight slur to his voice now as the alcohol got through to his brain. "Alderaan is a long way, even if you have some good credits going. Working with us is fun. Fleet is only just..."

"A-hem." Brak interrupted.

"Fleet isn't far," Xin continued, waving away the warning. "Might have some work. In the morning you can kick me out of your bed, get some caf, visit the fleet on the way to Alderaan and see if there's anything worth your time going?"

[member="Xin Boa"]

There was a snort of laughter. Delila wasn't too sure if Squidly was all too seriously about going back to the ship for the night. She was game,although there was little to no knowledge of aquatic bedroom habits. The Crimson Dahlia did have a real-water shower however. One perk she installed for those long haul trips.

"You think you can handle me? Alright Squidly,lets go. Brak I'll see you in the morning. I promise to return him in one piece."

Delila slowly got off her barstool and stretched. It appeared Braks tab was up to date so credits sunk back down in her pocket.

Now she had asked the question he wasn't so sure. Brak merely chuckled. She even went and stretched as she got off her barstool. As if she was warming up for something. Xin swallowed. His throat visibly bobbing. With one brave swig be downed the rest of his beer and placed it back down on the bar.

"Let's go then," he announced boldly as he slipped off his chair. Brak gave them a disinterested wave and continued to finish off his own beer. "I don't need to fly my ship with pedals so long as my arms still work in the morning...is your ship far?"

After the day he'd had the water shower was going to be just as much a temptation as activity they'd just agreed to. Or at least he thought they had. A few beers down he wouldn't be surprised to find out he'd misinterpreted a joke.

Delila didn't reach her ripe old age without noticing a thing or two. It looked like [member="Xin Boa"] was trying to muster up some strength to actually go through with his bold statement. It was amusing to watch Squidly struggle. Smirk graced her features as they stepped out of the tepid bar and back into the hot, dry air. Squidly was asking about her ship.

"Depends on the definition of far. I've come to find 'far' varies person to person and species to species."

There was a long pause, mulling over her next question.

"You okay Squidly? Did you agree to this because Brak was there? I hate to point it out but you're just a kid. Got some issues? Trying to clean out the cobwebs since you were locked up? I get it. I had my own phase after being marooned, gets a little rough you know."

The Crimson Dahlia loomed ahead, lurking in the absolute dark of the backwater planet.

"Look.....I've got a real water shower. Well, recycled water shower but I filled the tank recently so its mostly fresh. You're welcome to use it, return to Brak victorious in the morning with a tall tale of sexual conquest."

Headtails swayed slightly in mild curiosity. His feet didn't stop taking him towards the angular shape the ship cut above the soft dunes. At the same time his mind took a moment to digest what she was suggestion. It was almost touching that she wanted to protect his standing with Brak. If he returned right now it was probably true that the lizard would mock him for cowardice. Xin's pride had taken its fair share of batterings though. It was she looking for an out because the notion of some cross-species exploration wasn't quite as appealing as it had seemed back at the bar?

He wasn't too fond of being called a kid. Alone since not much older than ten he was a fiercely independent creature. He took the point though. Xin could see the entry to the ship now. There was a clear demarcation at that threshold. A decision to be made before it could be crossed.

"Wasn't showing off for his benefit," Xin said with an easy smile. "Shower does sound enticing, can't lie." But it wasn't the only thing. He turned and watched her as she walked beside him with an assured gait despite the alcohol. The closest he'd been with to a human was a Zeltron and he assumed everything was pretty similar between the two species.

The smile turned into a grin, starting at the side closest to Delilah and working its way to the other side. "Can it fit two?" He asked as the scarlet hull loomed over them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom