Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Walking With the Night

The space he found himself wasn’t like the space he had been in before. Different flavor to that which he had touched upon. The path that stretched out before them was dark and rather boring. On a whim, before he answered her, he decided to test out if his imagination did indeed shape this space.

He closed his eyes and breathed and the space around them turned into an old and ancient forest right at the cusp between spring and summer. The path to their destination did not change, but now it was light and full of nature, even if it was an illusion. He looked over at her with a ghost of a smirk. “As ready as I’ll ever be I suppose.

The heady scent of nature met their noses, a forest with the sounds and smells he saw a forest as. With the colors and vibrant life that thrilled his senses. “I just hope we don’t make this trip for nothing…

The strangest thing was Vanir’s shadow. It should have been man shaped, but instead it was shaped like his other half. Even in this realm, both his natures were apparent.

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

Vytal looked over at Vanir for a moment. "Life is what you make of it."

With that, the Nightmother led the way down the winding path through the Nether. No doubt the man would hear, see, or feel spirits watching from the branches and among the brush he had conjured. Curious spirits. Ravenous spirits. They were legion, and as diverse as the Living themselves.

After a time they rounded a bend to find a door of light at the end of the path. "We are here." They had not walked long. Certainly a far shorter distance or time than if they had tried venturing to the place by ship. Yet there had been some measure of distance involved; whether the result of their destination or the Nightmother drawing out the journey so Vanir could experience it she did not say.

When they stepped through that doorway, however, they did not appear immediately inside of that place Vanir sought. A moment of reorientation and perhaps the familiarity of the forest would become evident. They were not far from the pool now. Likely it sat just out of sight.

"It would seem this place desires its visitors to approach on foot," Vytal commented about their present whereabouts. "Not unusual for a place still tended by spirits." It would explain perhaps why she had not already caught sight of his mother or those anchored here from within the Nether. The place of their arrival was not one and the same where the lands of the Living and Dead met. So long as they were near, however, Vytal was satisfied.

Tag: Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

The familiar scents of his Clan met his nose. The smell of food, the faint murmur of conversation and all of it tinted with the familiar pangs of shame and disappointment. He too it in for a moment, letting her look around before he started moving. They were almost halfway to their destination when without warning he pulled her off the worn trail and behind a tree. Stay here Nightmother, we aren’t the only ones around.

He could hear the sounds of horses and before long, thankfully upwind from the trio, even Vytal would hear and see them. They were similarly dressed to Vanir, though lacking some of the subtle signs of importance in the way he dressed. The one in the middle wore a heavy torc around his neck with the symbol of his clan.

When Vanir stepped out into view all three started and reached for weapons, relaxing a hair later when the middle man gave a signal with a muttered curse. When he spoke, the language would be familiar, though the tone annoyed, amused and faintly ashamed. “By the gods Vanir, what the hell do you think you are doing scaring the bones from our bodies and why didn’t you tell me you were here?

Vanir crossed his arms and glowered playfully at his cousin. “And why should I have to announce myself every time I feel the tug of home? You know as well as I do the reasons why you go on patrols. So then, am I not entitled to avoidance of formality every once in a while?

Anders huffed and shook his head, defeated. “Aye, even I can’t deny you that, but why did you have to just appear from the wood like that?
Because catching you unaware even all these years later still brings me perverse joy Cousin. And because had it been anyone else, they never would have known I was here.
The older man thumbed his nose at the Lopara and slipped off his horse walking over to clasp arms. “Well, it is good to see you. Headed to that place of your mothers?
Yes. I… I found my mother’s people, though not specifically her clan. And it gave me a hard bite of homesickness.
There were more like her?
Apparently.
The other man regarded Vanir quietly. “You are up to something.
The mischievous smirk that he got somehow sent a chill down his spine. “Lets just say, when I am ready, the Elders are going to have a fit to herald a new age and maybe this time they will finally rid me of my burdens and give them to you!

It was an old joke between them, but also, Vanir had been trying since he was gifted the unwanted leadership to have it removed. He had tried peaceful negotiations, when that failed he started things that frankly it was amazing he got away with. “Ah gods… At least give me some warning and discuss it with me?
Always.
Good. At least now I can look forward to whatever you are planning…

Van stepped away and looked over his shoulder. “We will talk soon. I am not staying long, I have much to plan.

And then he stepped into the forest and out of sight. As always it seemed to Anders that it was less that his younger cousin was stepping into this particular part of the forest as being embraced. A talent that his mother had shared and now he said he found her people? Amidaire had been quite a gifted healer and if these strangers were much the same? Would be a benefit. Unfortunately they were also outsiders. Ah gods, the Elders are going to have my head… Well and well, at least it's going to be worth it. Vanir’s ‘plans’ always end up being worth the trouble.

--

When they got on their way at last the Lopara made his way back to Vytal with a sigh. “Let’s go before my cousin decides to poke around in hopes of returning mischief in kind?

Stepping into the space, one was met with the sight of something intricately woven from the landscape. The miniature sacred space fair vibrated with life and power, despite the fingers of the growing winter turning everything but the evergreens into their cold season nap. The work of spirits and the touch of a Witch, even after all these years, was apparent. So too were the protective spirits that watched Vytal wary, but seemed to slowly gravitate to Vanir much the way they had at the celebration at which the Nightmother met the Lopara.

No sign of She who created this space however. A peculiar placement of rocks, all six with subtle depressions that upon inspection showed them to be cleverly hidden bowls. Something had been placed in each, part of a ritual. As one neared the falls, Vytal might notice that a clever illusion was in place. Largely it was built by the land shaping, but there was a play of magic, that hid a pathway into what had once been just a simple hill.

The sense of magic would, to her trained senses, be much stronger. Like the scent on a breeze, something seemed to drift from this place. Vanir for his part stood still in the center studying the falls. One could tell he felt the spirits around him and he saw them now too, but he waited on his teacher’s word before he said anything.

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

Vytal looked over at Vanir as his unspoken words were shared whilst they took cover. With a patient look at the man, the pale woman stood behind the tree as he'd asked. It seemed unnecessary, but Vanir did not know this. Nor she what those ahead were capable of. All the same, she was confident in her ability to go unnoticed when she wished -- it was just rarely necessary to conceal her presence. After all, the Nightmother was not afraid of any in the galaxy. Cognizant of their power, ability, and combat prowess as those best not to engage unless necessary, but not afraid.

Her green eyes roamed up the tree beside her for a moment. The Witch leaned in with one hand miming a caress from overhead down the trunk slowly. A smile graced her lips as the woodland life graciously relayed what was said without need to strain for clarity. The whispers of trees should not be underestimated. News traveled quickly to those that knew to listen.

Once the man returned, Vytal stepped out to meet him. "Even seasoned trackers have been known to get lost in bewitched woods," she replied. Should it be necessary to ensure a snooping cousin did not intrude. Curiosity and concern regarding what Vanir planned might be inescapable and draw an unfortunate encounter. Nothing a good spell couldn't fix. Completely harmless. This place they ventured was mystical after all, let it be a mystery of such a place why and how the maze formed in their mind of a wood they knew well.

They continued on their way soon enough, however. Vytal's eyes slowly scanned the landscape of the area and made note of its many features. It certainly held the appearance of having been well tended, and had yet to show sign of its age. Not that it was terribly old in the spiritual world, but even a young place of power could become corrupt if hastily fashioned. The regard of the spirits was not an affront either. Vytal did not expect them to take her hand and join in a dance about the fire without so much as an introduction. Some spirits were like that, but often the more carefree sort of wild spaces.

"There is more here than the senses know. It was left for you to find once more, Vanir. Can you see it? Can you feel it? A whisper that draws you to that which is hidden from the galaxy?" The Nightmother had strode around a bit, but hadn't strayed far. There was no need for a thorough examination or a lengthy search. Why seek to force a lock open when you already had the key? It was an opportunity for Vanir to learn more of himself and his past, hopefully. No need to be hasty.

Tag: Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom