Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walking into the Wolve's Den

Jamie's eyes widened as she saw [member="Keira Ticon"] pull the blaster on [member="Vengeance"], for even she didn't know that the safety was on. A moment of hesitation pulled at her muscles as the girl who had become family to her pulled the trigger, sending Jamie's heart into a rapid beat at the idea of her extinguishing the man's life almost needlessly. Before she could speak, or act, the moment had passed, and the weapon was replaced as quickly as it had been drawn. The girl listened to Keira speak, wincing slightly at the sharpness of her words. The man was unarmed, gave his weapons up willingly and without demand. There was no need, in her mind, to threaten him with what he very well already knew was possible by coming to this world. Perhaps this was something personal? Or perhaps it was a way of trying to teach Jamie that her enemies may not show her the same kindness she would show to them. That was the difference though. She believed in the good in people. Nobody could be truly evil, could they? Everyone had to have someone or something they cared about, otherwise what was the purpose of life?

Her eyes passed from Keira to Vengeance as Marcus spoke, the warning he gave to her felt cold and foreboding, but she tried not to show her discomfort. "I hope to prove you wrong." She offered him a gentle smile. The banter about the battles each had and had not participated in went over her head. It was before her time, before she knew of the horrors the galaxy had been enduring during endless war between cults and Orders and governments. Most of her life had been relatively sheltered and so she had only heard of these battles in passing. It wasn't until Marcus requested that she retrieve [member="Taeli Raaf"] from the temple that she spoke again.

"Okay. I will return shortly." Blue eyes shifted from Vengeance to Keira, a moderately concerned look, one that spoke without words, as if to simply ask not to do anything rash in her absence. "I'll be back as soon as possible." Turning she would begin to head off in the direction of the Jedi Temple, though how one got in, or what she'd say when she got there was still quite a mystery. And just who was this Taeli? Did Jedi wear name tags? Or was she going to have to ask around for this one woman in a temple filled with Jedi?

"The Republic wasn't and will never be 'my people'. Besides, I wasn't among their number on Ord Mirit. I fought a Jedi Master instead." By her count things had been rather boring, but Keira hadn't learned to expect much from the Jedi, even if she found herself allied with them in certain scenarios. When [member="Jamie Pyne"] departed in order to locate the Jedi whose presence had been requested she was acutely aware of it, knowing now that nothing bound her to respectable conduct. That didn't, of course, mean she was going to snap into a different persona immediately, or at all. Lately she had been getting better at this thing called common courtesy, but no one mentioned the fact that the majority was often thrown out the window when it came to those she considered enemy.

The laugh that passed her lips wasn't genuine in the least, and she looked to him with a raised eyebrow. "I never claimed either of those things to be true. In fact, I would argue that any forceful military invasion of a planet is bound to spell death in one form or another. I don't claim the Republic is free of the tarnishes that war no doubt brings, nor do I claim it to be the sole righteous power. But when you compare it to something like the Sith, it isn't too difficult to draw more negatives to those individuals that commit genocide on a whim." By no means was she condemning him, but just as with everything he was allowed to take his own liberties when it came to interpretation of this attempt at conversation.

Cocking her head slightly to one side her posture seemed to relax from the semi-offensive stance she had taken mere moments earlier, though there were still signs of readiness present that would never be fully erased. "I'm not going to kill you. But I hope you understand what loyalty I do hold to the Republic and its laws. This isn't anything personal. Former Sith or not, it's within my jurisdiction and expectations, I would dare say, to take you into custody. It's nothing more than my job. But if Taeli chooses to harbor you, then so be it." She didn't truly care overly much about his arrest, but would carry it out if such a thing came to pass without any complaint. Everyone had something to answer for, even her.

[member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance cocked his head to the side looking at [member="Keira Ticon"] with a smirk.

"Not personal you say......within your jurisdiction?" "Tell me something." "Is it within the Republic's laws to murder an unarmed prisoner?" "Or do you some how think pointing a Blaster at my head and pulling the trigger is ok because the safety was on?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Isn't this a tired argument anyway?" "The Sith are evil no the Jedi are evil." "Some are worthy of redemption others not." "I am willing to answer for my crimes.......are you." "Feth you won't even give me your name and I am the uncivilized demon to be put down like a rabid Kath Hound."

He sighed.

"As much as her answers infuriated me at the time I actually miss my conversation with Corvus." "At least her point of view was respectable." "I have no illusions as to what [member="Taeli Raaf"] will or will not do." "I will say this though.........my goal is not asylum in coming here." "My goal is to get the information I need and be on my way....or spend the rest of my life in prison if so deemed." "I have known love.....true love if it is my time to die then I die having lived a complete and fulfilled life."

The walk took longer than expected. Having never been on Lothal before she found the directions provided by the holosigns to be a tad bit confusing. A number of times the blonde swore she had walked past the same fountain, having been tempted to almost mark it in some fashion so that she could truly tell if she had been wandering in circles for the past 15 minutes. As it turned out, many of the landmarks and decor of the area was relatively similar to one another. Perhaps a symbol of order, or something.

As she walked she thought about [member="Keira Ticon"] and [member="Vengeance"], what they might be talking about at that very moment. Neither one seemed to hold the other in much regard, and Jamie understood both of their viewpoints, though if push came to shove she would always follow Keira. The girl had become something of a sister to her, and there was little she wouldn't do to help or aide her. That much was certain. All she could hope for was that neither Keira nor Marcus would antagonize the other enough to force some kind of physical confrontation. At least not before she returned with this [member="Taeli Raaf"].

The massive temple that sat just a few hundred feet away looked massive. Simplistic beauty surrounded it. However the one thing missing? An obvious entryway. There were walkways around and from the temple in various directions, though nothing jumped out to Jamie as an actual 'main entrance'. The blonde stood quietly observing the structure for a long minute, her hand resting beneath her chin as she contemplated what to do.

Is this the right place?

Her eyes caught sight of what seemed to be a massive doorway, though it was concealed behind what looked like a recessed wall. Perhaps the Jedi here were paranoid or were constantly under attack, and so felt the need to ensure security through alternative means? She wandered up the stairs, pressing small hands against the massive stonework that stood in place. A soft push yielded no results, as expected. Her head tilted back, pale blue eyes looking upwards as blonde hair fell towards her shoulder blades. "Hello?" She asked quietly, almost embarrassingly, as if someone might hear her.

Forming a fist she knocked on what looked to be the doorway a couple of times, though there was little in the way of noise. It felt solid and made no echo. Extending both arms she leaned braced herself against the wall and closed her eyes, thinking about how else one would enter.

The Jedi want to keep people out...So how would they themselves get in and out then?

Then it hit her. The Force! Now all she had to figure out was how to actually manipulate the door to actually open.

The silent that hung between them was strangely decisive, and after a few seconds of merely standing there she sat across from him, legs crossed and hands resting in her lap, a seeming antithesis of the hardened warrior he had faced moments earlier. His questions were genuinely worthwhile, and regardless of her opinions of him she felt they deserved some kind of similar answer. But, as with most everything, she rarely thought before she acted. In conversation like this that meant words passed her lips before her brain could fully process and censor them, not that it was a nuisance all the time. "I didn't say it was okay, and that wasn't for or in the name of the Republic. It was for me." And the men she had lost to the Sith. Always for them.

Philosophical arguments bored her just as much as they seemed to do the same for him, that she wouldn't bother so much as attempting to deny. "I don't care for the debates and concessions over whether the Jedi are truly the paragons they claim to be and whether the Sith are the plague of the galaxy. Both are equally at fault, but I have more of an issue with those that are actively killing my men than I do with the individuals that sit in their Temples and preach nonviolence." Generalizations all told, but ones that served well for the purpose of this conversation. But if he was anything like her, he had a retort to even that, a fact that wouldn't surprise her after what she had learned of him in this short time.

At mention of her crimes her gaze became hollow and distant for just a split second, but she schooled her expression to neutrality. "I've answered for some of the things I've done, and I'm trying my best to make up for the others. I've done a lot of bad things, and if you'd like I'll owe up to each and every one of them right here just to prove to you that I'm not some saint like the others make themselves out to be." There were many things in her life she had done that she was far from proud of, but she had learned to own up to and admit every one of them, even if it had initially been to solely herself and no other. "My name's Keira Ticon, by the way, not that it likely matters much to you."

[member="Jamie Pyne"], [member="Vengeance"], [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Vengeance smiled.

"See now we are getting somewhere Keira.........and I know you are not a Saint." "You forget I have felt the darkness in you by your own hand."

He chuckled.

"You and I are not as different as you seem to want to believe." "Was never much for sitting in Temples or preaching." "We all walk our own paths do we not?" "You want Revenge for the people you lost just as much as I do." "The difference is I don't pretend it is a noble pursuit."

He tilted his head at [member="Keira Ticon"] for a moment.

"Melori taught me there was more to this life than killing..she taught me how to love and how to feel love." "Has anyone ever done that for you?" "I left the Sith for her..to be with her and I will do whatever it takes to get her back." "Right or wrong she is all I care about....not the Jedi........not the Sith.........and definitely not your war."

He paused.

"I feel for the loss of your men Keira.........I truly do." "I hope you were at least able to lay them to rest properly like they deserved?"

[member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Several minutes of quiet observation and wandering about the Temple yielded no clear results as to how one would enter. To an outsider such as herself, it would appear as nothing more than a gigantic monument. Though that was wholly untrue. This was known as a Jedi Temple, therefore, there had to be a way in. Jamie simply hadn't found it yet. The front of the Temple had a recessed wall, which, to her clearly meant that was both the front of and the entryway to the temple. It was hard to imagine that a release lever, button, or switch would be positioned far from the doorway, or even exist if they meant for it to be a secret. The girl then deduced that it must be something more subtle than a simple switch hidden by flora.

Arriving back at the front of the temple the girl ran her hands gently over the wall, carefully observing each and every crack. There was the slightest of gaps between the recession and the exposed brick that led her to believe that it was there that the doorway slid open and closed. Now how to open it... Jamie stood quietly, her eyes closed, dropping herself into a meditative trance for several minutes. Soft, controlled breaths in and out steadied her breathing, thereby allowing the Force to radiate through her as she'd been taught by [member="Keira Ticon"] over countless sessions. She might have wondered what was going on between her master and [member="Vengeance"], though her focus was entirely directed upon the free flowing Force. The warm caressing sensation of the living Force passed over her, and in an instant the girl began to raise her hands, almost instinctively.

Ever so slowly the door began to rumble and rise. It would take her several seconds and more energy than she would have liked to raise the door, but eventually she had accomplished the job. Releasing her focus she stepped inside, and allowed the great door to slowly slide closed behind her.

Well. That's done. Now what? So she was inside the Temple, but now the small blonde had to find this Taeli person. A person she'd never met, and had no sort of description as to what she looked like. It was unlikely that there was any sort of directory to tell people where everything was. Most likely knew by memory where things were. Jamie on the other hand had never been here. A few odd glances were thrown her way by varying aged students passing through the great halls. Oh how out of place she felt here. Swallowing the bit of fear she had at walking into such a place blind she wandered up towards the central chamber and gave a look around. How in the world was she going to find this woman on her own? Did everyone here know each other?

"Excuse me." She said, tapping a random girl on the shoulder as they wandered past. "Can you tell me where I could find [member="Taeli Raaf"]?"

[member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Vengeance"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

Taeli had been keeping herself busy, it was the only thing that was really able to take her mind off ... she wasn't going to think about it. Throwing herself into running her company, and her own studies and travels, was a soothing balm to the raw emotional turmoil she had gone through and helping the Galactic Alliance and New Jedi Order certainly helped keep her mind elsewhere. There were some noticeable changes though.

She had gone back to wearing dresses instead of robes, unable to bring herself to continue wearing the traditional garb of the Jedi. It just made her think of her missing sister and she just couldn't do that right now, it was still quite painful for her. Her eyes also held a hint of the continuing melancholy she was feeling.

Currently, she was walking through the main atrium of the Lothal temple in a flowing purple dress with a matching armored corset, several books tucked under her arm about a range of topics. She had just wrapped up a class on emotions and how a Jedi should handle them, something Corvus had always joked about Taeli having to teach. Sensing some confusion, she saw a blonde girl looking around uncertainly that Taeli did not remember being in the temple before. New apprentice perhaps?

As she reached out to tap a passing Padawan on the shoulder, Taeli called out, "You look a little lost, do you need help finding something?"

The voice of a woman grabbed the attention of the young blonde. A turn of the head and her eyes met the gaze of the one who had cast her question upon her, purple eyes beaming in the calming light that flowed through the temple with words spoken softly. Jamie smiled, stepping towards the person who had now taken an interest in her. Pale skin and dark hair contrasted yet complimented one another, though the lack of traditional Jedi appearance stood to throw her off a bit. Each person she'd passed by thus far wore what looked like for lack of better words, a peasant's clothing. This woman was dressed more formally, though Jamie could sense the living Force around her. There was no mistake that the woman was a Jedi of some sort, though of what background she was entirely unsure.

"Oh, Hi! Lost would be the right word, yes!" The blonde ran a hand up and back, pushing stray locks away from her face as she addressed the woman. "I'm Jamie! I..." She hesitated for only a moment, considering how best to broach the subject. "I'm not exactly a student or a Jedi, but I was sent here to look for one in particular on behalf of someone." So many names were given by [member="Vengeance"] when he and [member="Keira Ticon"] had exchanged words before sending her off to the temple to find a single Jedi. "Her name is [member="Taeli Raaf"]. Do you know where I can find her?"

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Taeli raised an eyebrow as the blonde woman named Jaime, wondering who could have possibly sent this girl to find her. She wasn't expecting anyone from any of the other Jedi sects in the galaxy, no business associates would visit or send someone to Lothal. They would contact her through Erilnar, so couldn't be that. Couldn't be Connor, otherwise he would be here himself. Hmm, she had no idea who might want to contact her.

The Padawan from earlier giggled as she walked away, clearly finding some amusement in the fact Jaime didn't know she was talking to the woman she was looking for.

"I admit I'm curious who could have possibly sent you to speak with me," Taeli said, tilting her head in curiosity. "I wasn't exactly expecting company and most people who I know would simply just call me or come themselves."

[member="Vengeance"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

"Don't preach to me about how similar we are. I get enough of that from everyone else." Her tone foretold a borderline threat, though her posture would suggest otherwise. Those that so much as attempted to propose to her just who she was and what line she walked didn't tend to garner a favorable reaction, but to her credit she was exercising restraint. Perhaps not an extensive amount, given who she was seated across from, but enough to prevent a violent reaction of any kind. "We might have things in common, but I won't ever fall so far as to join the Sith." There weren't many lines someone like her drew firmly and never crossed, but that was an ultimatum Keira would never abandon.

Drawing in a breath her position shifted just slightly. "I know seeking revenge isn't anything noble or worthy of praise, and I don't necessarily pretend it is. But revenge for those I've lost on the battlefield is something entirely different, and I believe that it merits no condemnation. Not when those that killed my men are butchers." The corners of her mouth tightened, and she seemed to lose herself in some memory for a few seconds. "So no, I don't really see where I'm at fault for seeing that the vengeance I'm after is at least partially something I should be proud of. The galaxy is better off with less of their kind to sentence innocents to death. Tell me I'm wrong." That last statement was spoken like a challenge.

The mention of love and its wonders once again caused her to phase momentarily out of reality, thoughts drifting to Slade, a small smile manifesting across her features. "Yeah, someone's taught me what love is. But I've learned that sometimes you have to kill in order to save those you care about, and I guess I've gotten too used to that. And until this war ends, which I doubt it ever will, that's what I'll be doing." It wasn't an easy life, but it was better her than anyone else. Better her than the clones, but that was a factor she would never be able to change. "I don't know if being buried side-by-side in a cemetery nobody's going to remember is what they deserved. They were given a proper send off, and the graves were marked, which is more than I thought the Republic would give. In a way I guess they did."

[member="Taeli Raaf"], [member="Jamie Pyne"], [member="Vengeance"]

Jamie was taken back a moment by the coincidence of bumping into [member="Taeli Raaf"] entirely by accident. Fortunate for her though really, given that she wouldn't have to do nearly as much searching and stressing out about whether or not she would even find the woman in a place as large as this. A relieved sigh escaped her lips. The hardest part was done. Now all she'd have to do is figure out how to tell this Jedi that a Sith was seeking her audience, and that this was not some kind of abduction setup or something. The girl bit her lip, considering the woman before her and how best to explain the situation.

"I apologize. This wasn't originally something I'd planned for. I was asked to carry a message to you." The girl ran a hand up and through her hair, adjusting it slightly before continuing. "The man who sent me, my master is with him now. He said his name is Marcus, but -" She paused, the next few words may have very well sent the Jedi into a bit of a suspicious, or even hostile position. "He is a Sith. He goes by the name of [member="Vengeance"]. He's here, just a ways away from the temple. He's asked to see you."

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Vengeance shook his head at [member="Keira Ticon"] with a sigh.

"I wasn't preaching Keira just making an observation."

He closed his eyes briefly rolling his shoulders but making no other movements.

"There will always be war...........as long as people remain incapable of civil conversation there will always be war." "The most we can hope for is to meet our end surrounded by family and loved ones."

He fell silent no longer holding any desire to engage in conversation with Keira. It was a waste of time........her grudges were apparently too deeply seated to see past her own prejudices.

[member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Jamie Pyne"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

Taeli quirked an eyebrow up as the girl started to explain why she was here, although she seemed nervous about something. When she got to the subject of who had sent her, or at least requested that Taeli be fetched, she understood the girl's apprehension of mentioning the Sith. Taeli internally was conflicted about meeting this [member="Vengeance"] because it was another reminder that Corvus wasn't the only sister of hers that vanished. Melori had as well and this Marcus had been ... involved with her.

"Well, I won't keep him waiting then," she said. "If he traveled all the way out here, the polite thing to do is to at least here what he has to say. I must say though, it is odd that a Sith actually would rather talk with a Jedi rather than fight me. However, lead the way Miss Jaime."

Jamie gave [member="Taeli Raaf"] a quick nod, turning on her heels and spinning around towards the way out of the large Jedi temple. If there was more time, perhaps she'd have liked to stay for a while longer, examined some of the architecture, or even studied with some of the other students if allowed to do so. Another time, she thought as the bright flash of sunlight illuminated the day the moment the two stepped outside. The blonde held a hand above her eyes to shade her vision for a few seconds, allowing time for them to properly adjust. "It's just up this way, not too far, Master Raaf." A warm smile flashed, exposing a small glimmer of white teeth as she pointed towards the road. "They should be waiting for us, Marcus and Keira."

While the two made their way towards where [member="Vengeance"] and [member="Keira Ticon"] were waiting, or at least, that's all Jamie hoped they were doing. Judging by their hostilities towards one another when she was sent off it was a coin toss as to whether or not the two had come to blows after exchanging sharp words. For everyone's sake she'd just hoped everyone had and could continue to keep their cool. "He said he was the lover of your sister Melori, and was looking for either her, or Corvus? He seems to hope that you can lead him to one or both sisters. I understand they both vanished."

The pair had apparently reached a mutual agreement of their dislike for each other, or so that silence communicated. There was no more conversation because there was simply none to be had, and for once Keira was okay with silence. It meant neither of them would have to concern themselves with putting up appearances of civility, not that she had much to demonstrate for a Sith. "Civil conversation won't prevent war. There's enough people in this galaxy looking for an excuse to pull the trigger as it is." Sure, she might have been one of them in certain instances, but there would be no easy way to get her to admit as such. She was better than those she fought against, and that was enough.

When quiet once again lapsed she sighed quietly, laying his weapons on the ground between them, perhaps a sign of trust and respect, or maybe a shred of her common decency pushing its way through. It was ultimately up to him whether he accepted those instruments of war, and she wouldn't stop him. This wasn't a change of heart so much as it was a slight reevaluation of who she sat across from. Her gaze met his for the briefest of moments, the only outward acknowledgement she would give of this gesture.

[member="Jamie Pyne"], [member="Taeli Raaf"], [member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance didn't even look at his weapons laying on the ground in front of him. Fact is he didn't trust [member="Keira Ticon"] as far as he could throw he. Nor did he trust her intentions.

"You have obviously never had a civil conversation."

He gaze met hers for only a brief second before he closed them again settling back into the meditative state waiting on [member="Jamie Pyne"] and [member="Taeli Raaf"] to arrive. He had even managed to amaze himself with the restraint he had shown so far. More than once every fiber of his being had screamed the urge to fight, and to kill.

[member="Vengeance"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Yes, they vanished," she said quietly, a hint of melancholy in her voice, as they walked to this meeting spot. Jaime probably didn't pick up on how her words might have effected the Jedi Master, but it just made her sigh internally as she wallowed in her sadness ... deep inside. Outwards, she kept the calm and collected look. She had been curious for a little while about this man her youngest sister had been enamored with ... or at the very least involved with.

The pair of beings they were coming to see appeared as they drew nearer, Taeli recognizing Keira from ... a lifetime ago it seemed. The younger man was not what she was expecting from a Sith, but then Melori had always had good tastes in company ... generally. The Sith said a comment that Taeli picked up on because of Theran training, and a smile came to her face.

"This actually was able to have a civil conversation about morals and such, a long time ago," she said, coming to a stop, her hands folded behind her back. "Keira Ticon, it's been a long time. You must be Marcus or Vengeance, whichever name you prefer. Apprentice Pyne here says you wanted to see me about my sisters."

The shirtless Sith Knight remained in place his eyes closed his weapons on the ground between him and [member="Keira Ticon"] untouched. When [member="Taeli Raaf"] spoke to him he chuckled slightly before he spoke not turning to face her.

"You must be Taeli?" "I have not heard as much about you as I would like." "Though it does seem you are happy here than when you were with the Sith." "I imagine Corvus had a lot to do with that.

Only then did he turn in place although not standing up to face her. He cocked his head to the side for a minute before he spoke.

"You resemble her more than you do Melori.........I am guessing the two of you favor your mother while Melori her father?"

He smiled softly.

"You may call me Marcus.........it is my birth name..............Vengeance is a moniker and an ambition." "Is there somewhere we can talk in private?"

With the arrival of [member="Taeli Raaf"] and herself to where [member="Keira Ticon"] and [member="Vengeance"] were waiting, a small sigh of relief escaped the girl's lips, a partly silent acknowledgement that neither had torn the other's eyes out, or worse. With little required in the way of introductions, Jamie simply bowed her head to the Jedi Master, then to Marcus, before smiling warmly to Keira. Addressing her master she offered a hand for the woman to stand with her.

"Nice to see you again, and I am happy to see that things appeared to be uneventful for the two of you." Jokes aside, the blonde turned to Taeli and interjected for only a moment on her conversation with the Sith. "Master Raaf, it was a pleasure meeting you. I hope to see you again soon." Turning her head she managed only to get halfway before realizing she had forgotten the most common courtesy one could bestow upon another. "Oh! And may the Force be with you."

Returning to face Keira the younger girl gestured with her head towards the path they had journeyed from earlier. "Shall we head back? Our karma quota should be met for today, no?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom