Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle VTI Sky Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
encho-enchev-sv4.jpg

AvoHHLq.gif

• Intent: To create a Sky Villa akin to the Mansions of Nar Shadda from the Old Republic Era
  • Image Source: HERE
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
hjtjChc.gif

• Manufacturer: Vylmiran Technological Industries
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: VTI Sky Home
  • Modularity: No. While the home is designed to be customizable, after the home has been fabricated, it is not possible to switch modules after construction has completed.
  • Production: Mass Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, Repulsor Technology, Transparisteel, AI
D1JUA2T.gif

• Classification: Floating Villa
  • Role: Civilian Housing
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Extremely Heavy
  • Armaments: None
  • Defenses: Low
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
  • Speed Rating: Low
  • Propulsion: Repulsorlift
  • Minimum Crew: Autonomous
  • Optimal Crew: Autonomous
  • Passenger Capacity: 1-50
  • Cargo Capacity: Very Large
lxVnonn.gif

• Semi Modular: The Sky Home is semi-Modular, allowing purchasers to create a home unique to them, using different modules and floor plans. However, while some modules come pre-assembled, once construction has finished the home, the modules cannot be changed without deconstructing the home in whole or in part.
  • Mobile Home: The Sky Home comes with a limited-functionality droid brain, sensor package, and Repulsor lift system, all working in unison to allow the Sky Home to fly.
YNsPYsC.gif

• Modularity: The Modular aspect of the Sky Homes allow virtually any combination of modules to be installed
  • Flying: As the Sky Home is designed to float, it's rather difficult for unauthorized parties to gain access.
  • Mobile: Tired of the view? The Sky Home can move to a new one, or drift along a preset path.
U73yYMS.gif

• Modules: After construction has been completed, Modules can only be changed by partially deconstructing the home.
  • Repuslor Systems: While a dedicated droid maintenance team will service the Repulsorlift system around the clock, if anything breaks, the sky home has a serious chance of crashing, and severely wounding any within it.
  • Price Point: The Sky Home is rather expensive, even on the basic model.
  • Height Limiter: The Sky Home has a height limiter to prevent owners from irresponsibly flying the home higher than safety regulations allow.
7Cq7Gpg.gif

In a bold departure from typical production, Vylmiran Technological Industries has created a revolutionary new home, able to float through the air. The Sky Home was modeled after a home the VTI's owner and CEO, Voph, owned when he resided upon Nar Shadda. Taking the project one step further, the homes were designed to be modular, allowing each to be customized to the buyer's wishes. Because of this highly personalized nature, Sky Homes did not begin production until after the order had been finalized. While many of the modules can be fabricated in VTI Facilities and then shipped to the planet of the purchaser's choice, some modules, and the final fabrication, must be completed on the home planet.

Kyyrk Kyyrk , this looks pretty solid, and I'd be really surprised if this could be abused in any way.

Modularity: No. While the home is designed to be customizable, after the home has been fabricated, it is not possible to switch modules after construction has completed.

I think that conflicts with these two sections of the submission:
Semi Modular: The Sky Home is semi-Modular, allowing purchasers to create a home unique to them, using different modules and floor plans. However, while some modules come pre-assembled, once construction has finished the home, the modules cannot be changed without deconstructing the home in whole or in part.
Modularity: The Modular aspect of the Sky Homes allow virtually any combination of modules to be installed

While I think it is not "especially easy to modify", I think these latter two statements do meet the "Can components of this submission be swapped out for other components?" criteria in the modularity field.

"

Gir Quee Gir Quee

I had discussed that with John Locke a bit while writing the submission because I was on the fence about it, and we had more or less come to the conclusion that, because you basically had to get a construction crew in for a few weeks to change out a module, that didn't QUITE qualify for Modularity. As a real world example, this is just a floating modular home.

Now, all that being said, if you feel like in the grand scheme of things that this would qualify as modular, I can certainly go back and change the modularity rating to yes, with the caveat that it will take a long time to change out modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom