OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To sub a new variant of Phrik
- Image Source: [X]
- Restricted Missions: Vanir Technologies RM
- Primary Source: N/A
- Name: VT-Lattice Cloth
- Manufacturer: Vanir Technologies
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Modularity: Extreme
- Material: Phrik, Terenthium, Dallorian Alloy
- Classification: Spun Cloth
- Weight: Very Light
Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
Lightsabers: Very High
- Spun Cloth
- [+]Strong: Phrik Lattice Cloth is as one might expect extremely strong. Created from thin woven strands of the wonder material Phrik, Lattice cloth can stand up to the toughest beating that one might imagine. The cloth almost never rips, tears, breaks, or even stains. It is extremely tough and durable. Of course because of it's main makeup the material is also highly resistant to Lightsabers, Blasters, and other attacks of that nature.
- [-]Kinetic: Being a cloth, Phrik Lattice is about as effective against kinetic strikes as...well absolutely nothing at all. The material is about as thin as Vine-silk, and when something impacts this material the entire force of the impact is felt.
- [-]Sonic: Due to the make-up of Phrik Lattice Cloth and the way it is spun Sonic weapons are extremely dangerous to wearers. The way that the Lattice is actually made makes it possible for a Sonic weapon to hit the exact right frequency, causing the material to reverberate and pass on an extreme amount of damage to the wearer.
Vanir Technologies has long controlled vast deposits of the mythical metal known as Phrik. Holding and operating several mines that contain Phrik, the corporation has experimented and utilized the metal in it's various projects throughout the years.
Mostly it's applications have been in less severe forms, weaponry and personal armor requested by individuals rather than manufacturing something on a grander scale.
As Vanir settled into it's position however and researchers came to better understand phrik as a whole, the company developed what would eventually be known as Lattice Cloth. The material itself was a carefully woven and 'spun' product of phrik and several other smaller alloys. This allowed the material to exist in a cloth like state equal to the consistency of vine-silk while maintaining some of it's defensive properties.
The Material itself is extremely soft and comfortable, weighing very little and sitting easily in most forms.
Of course because of it's extremely tough make-up the cloth is difficult to work with and produce, requiring special techniques developed by Vanir Technologies. This means that Lattice Cloth is an extremely well controlled substance. Vanir oversees the production of Lattice Cloth and who gets it very closely, ensuring that the resource does not fall into the wrong hands.
Though difficult to manipulate, Lattice Cloth can be used to make dresses, cloaks, suits, and pretty much anything else that one uses regular fabrics for.