- Intent: To Sub a unique weapon
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Tensor Weapon
- Manufacturer: Vanir Technologies
- Model: VT-Gravity Pulse Cannon
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Modularity: No
- Material: Dallorian Alloy, Aurodium, Dovin Basal
- Classification: Starfighter Weapon
- Size: Average
- Weight: Average
- Ammunition Type: Dedicated Reactor
- Ammunition Capacity: Dedicated Reactor
Reload Speed: Very Slow
- Effective Range: Personal
- Rate of Fire: Very Low
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: High
- Adjustable Mount
- [+]Gravity Pulse: This weapon was designed around the same concept as a Dovin Basal, albeit on a much more close scale. Utilizing a mixture of living Dovin Basals as well as several tractor and repulsor technology pieces, the VT-Gravity Pulse Cannon creates and extremely powerful gravimetric surge at a targeted area. This surge is extremely powerful and is capable of tearing apart metal, flesh, and pretty much everything else that can get caught up in it. Placed correctly, the Gravity Pulse can be absolutely devastating for even Capital class ships.
- [+]Shield Bypass: Technically speaking, the Gravity Pulse Cannon is capable of 'bypassing' a vessels shield. However this function is rarely displayed as in order to use the weapon it needs to be within range of a vessel inside of it's shield.
- [-]Close Range: Due to the nature of the weapon the Gravimetric Surge can only be created at extremely close range. In order for this weapon to be properly utilized it must be within only a few dozen meters. In terms of space combat this is almost impossibly close. The effects of the weapon make it well worth it however.
- [-]Power Supply: Utilizing quite a bit of energy, the Gravity Pulse Cannon requires a dedicated power supply. In simple terms, it means that during it's use a ships systems suffer significantly from it's use. The vessel becomes slower and it's shields become temporarily weakened, an incredibly dangerous tactic when the vessel needs to be close.
- [-]Placement Restriction: As one might expect from such a powerful weapon, the Gravity Pulse Cannon requires that a ship is quite literally built around the gun itself. This means that any vessel who is equipped with this weapon needs to be constructed from the ground up to utilize it.
In it's early days, Vanir Technologies was a company that not only worked on the fringe of science, but also developing various attachments and modifications for starships.
Among these were such technologies as the VT-Particle Gatling, The Nerve Helm, and various others which have seen quite a bit of use by many other companies around the galaxy. Through these innovations Vanir Technologies managed to make a name for itself, and since then the company has expanded and continued to move into other markets.
However, it's original notoriety in the development of starship parts earned it some measure of renown among starship manufacturers.
Recently the company was contacted by famed Starfighter manufacturer Incom to produce two unique and powerful weapons for use within their Starfighter designs. These two weapons would be the VT-Gravity Pulse Cannon and the VT-Micro Particle Beam.
The Gravity Pulse Cannon was relatively simple in design, utilizing well known functions of Dovin Basals as well as Vanir's own repulsor and tractor beam technology. The weapon was designed and created to be a close range power punch, packing as much into a single strike as possible. Utilizing gravity itself to tear apart a targets hull and whatever is beyond it. The weapon can be extremely dangerous and powerful, though it has severe range limitations.
Though these issues were known, Vanir considered them to be Incom's problem.