Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voidsteel Requirement Changes

Complete a thread without using the word "the" in third person.
This requirement is absolute cancer and should not exist. Do you know how many times people use the word "the"? Really phoned this one in, guys.

Have your character suffer a severe, debilitating existential crisis that has your character questioning everything they held true.
How many people want to have like 10 existential crises? How many can you really have? Make something we can repeat.

----------

Some of these restrictions need to be re-reviewed. A lot of them can be utilized for group activities and to motivate people to post and have fun and allow Factions to orchestrate group activities with preset rewards given by the site.

While some of them are creative, others were clearly phoned in with low effort. "Don't use the word "the". You can't even say the rule without using the damn word you're restricting.

Don't make quests painful.

Make them creatively challenging.

I was looking forward to trying out that first rule actually. Been putting together the first post in an RP that I intend on following it. I can see if quickly becoming tiresome and painful to execute, but for now it is a rather novel idea to me. Just my two-cents.

Rekali the Hutt

R
While we're at it, can we take a look at the first Neuranium requirement?

Neuraniam (( Objective : Complete an entire role-play from the first person perspective in which you only use the first pronoun ( “I” or “me” or “my” ) only six times --OR-- participate on the winning side of a Rebellion with a minimum of 5 posts contributed. ))

After a small search I've figured out it's been completed five times(by four writers) since February 2014. The Rebellion requirement is cool, but I think the first objective being complete five times in two and half a years speaks for itself.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Rekali the Hutt said:
While we're at it, can we take a look at the first Neuranium requirement?

Neuraniam (( Objective : Complete an entire role-play from the first person perspective in which you only use the first pronoun ( “I” or “me” or “my” ) only six times --OR-- participate on the winning side of a Rebellion with a minimum of 5 posts contributed. ))

After a small search I've figured out it's been completed five times(by four writers) since February 2014. The Rebellion requirement is cool, but I think the first objective being complete five times in two and half a years speaks for itself.
Admittedly, this is far easier than the Voidsteel requirements. In addition, if you think about it... it's not really all that useful. Sure, it stops scanners and can briefly stop lightsabers, but it's got a lot of painful drawbacks to it that make things like Phrik or Nightshadow more efficient. Could it be less of a requirement issue and more of a material usefulness issue?

Rekali the Hutt

R
It is far easier that not using "The" throughout an entire roleplay, but when I look at the other requirements I still find it much more difficult than anything else out there. Everything else is relatively straight forward and nothing really has a 'word count' type objective to it as Ra talks about. It does have it's flaws, and it certainly isn't going to be a on anyone's personal armor anytime soon, but I think it has a lot of potential as a material for starships that don't need to enter atmosphere, as Nightshadow still has it's flaws and is much more fragile(if only because neuranium is much more durable).

Ra Vizsla said:
whoever first introduced that was out of his gourd.
tumblr_n308ezqA5j1rr883co1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom