Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Vito

Status
Not open for further replies.
big_thumb_475444edaa93eb886194a21d5791e697.jpg

Credit goes to http://www.wallpaperup.com/73178/art_space_planet_destruction_asteroids_debris_rings_stars_apocalyptic_sci-fi.html

Name: Vito

Region: Outer rim
System: Asol system
Suns: 1 Asol
Orbital Position: 2nd
Moons: Alko a micro Gas moon roughly 1,212 kilometers in diameter.
it'd orbit has began to decay die to its parents death and it has began to cannibalize its host planet leaching it's atmosphere ans asteroids creating it's own rocky core. its orbit decaying means it will eventually crash in to it's host perhaps creating a new planet.
it its self is comprised of Methane and Ammonia and has begun to gather a rocky center

System Features: 3 planets orbiting Asol. Askar, Vito and Asop. none of which support life
Coordinates: 7 / 26
Rotational Period: 23 hours
Orbital Period: 363 days

Class: terrestrial
Diameter: 7,445 miles in diameter or 11981.57 km in diameter
Atmosphere: Ammonia methane type 3
Climate: cold
Gravity: standard
Primary Terrain: rocky partially volcanic( has been destroyed )

Native Species: none. Once held life All extinct
Immigrated Species: none
Primary Languages: Basic
Government: none
Population: none
Demonym: none
Major Imports: none
Major Exports: Vonium
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vonium

Affiliation: TKO/ independant

Major Locations:
Asteroids
Due to a Asteroid strike several million years ago the most of Vito has been ripped to shreds and most of it's surface now floats
around its now lifeless corps in a ring system
some hold valuable minerals and metals ripe for mining.

Vonium quarry
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/71/Archon_Quarry.png/revision/latest?cb=20150813153641

founded and set on the remaining half of the planets surface ans mostly located under it's surface.
Long abandoned since the Old republic due to an encroaching war.
the mine was setup by the same unknown company probably long defunct its equipment long broken and possibly rusted to pieces.
it should be noted that very little Vonium has ever been recovered from here only Uranium and durasteel.

The core
Vitos core is exposed and still partially molten
exposure to open space ha cooled it. it is only notable as a land mark as its iron nickle core is still highly radioactive.
it is still impractical to mine due to gravity and heat would hill any who try.

Culture: none
Technology: none remaining
History: The planet Vito was struck by an iron ice meteor some time around 48000 BBY.
it's population are long forgotten due to it's cities and life being scoured to extinction on a microbiological level.
its cities have been reduced to sand its oceans boiled to death. its atmosphere is toxic

some time around 3327 BBY mining attempts were attempted on Vito but hit and run attacks and industrial sabotages prevented any real production.
3320 mining was completely abandoned as the company went bankrupt.
the equipment and station was forgotten and written off as a tax loss.

2000 BBy small armed combat was fought on Vito's surface mostly survivors from the destroyed ships that litter the Asol system.
all died due to the surfaces high radiation and toxic atmosphere

Recently the world had been semi rediscovered due to the kidnapping of Ruby and the destruction of Salllkar Vollings ship. on the planet Asop its neighboring planet
the planet its self has come into a small amount of limelight.
mostly tat of a curiosity.

Notable PCs: none
Intent: to create and expand on the Asol System offer Mining potential to interested industries plus any interested Xeno historians.

System Features: Please add more detail about these planets. Are they barren and cratered? Hot and Volcanic?

Moons - Expand on this moon. How did the destruction of the planet affect it?

Major Location: Asteroids - I don't know the proper physics of this, but a meteor hitting the planet is unlikely to cause this kind of effect. This is some very odd planetary composition here, but it could happen in some circumstances. How much of the planet is destroyed? This is not a crater, it is a complete fragmentation of half the planet. If these asteroids are in a ring like formation, then less than half the planet must be destroyed. Please try and clarify this major event.

Vonium MIne - Where is this mine? On the undestroyed half? Suspended on the broken half?

Immigrated Species - This is plausible, considering the resources, but this is a very unstable planet. It would be incredibly risky to mine anywhere on the actual planet, though the asteroids could be easier to mine.

The Core - It has been nearly 50,000 years since the event. If the core was exposed directly to space, things would happen. What is the core made up of? If it is still like the earth's, then mining would be rather unpractical, as you couldn't even get close to it. Also, how are you going to stay next to it. The planet still has gravity, so you would need a constant repulsorlift, that would drain huge amounts of energy. Please Clarify all of this.

The Citadel - The meteor ​completely destroyed half the planet! There is no way a building survived. If it did, then it is made out of some seriously strong stuff. It would then be a massive technological creation, and would be of interest to many.

Atmosphere - This is Type 1, but I doubt this could be correct. The impact would have destroyed any atmosphere, and sterilised all life. It would take a very, very long time to rebuild the atmosphere, and if it did recover, then it would most likely be toxic.

Climate - I presume this is on the unbroken side? Even so, it would likely be very cold, as there would be little heat from the core. If there was no atmosphere as well, it would be around 1-2 degrees Kelvin.

History: Please expand this, and talk about its newfound recognition. You also talk about alcohol, why? This seems very implausible on a shattered planet, for there to be large quantities of alcohol. If this is necessary though, please expand on this.

The introduction of microbes is interesting, but who did it? It is not likely to be done by miners. Also, most microbes would find it hard to live in the conditions of this planet, but specially resistant ones could have been brought for this task Please expand and clarify.

Could you also check your links, as some of them don't seem to work properly.

[member="Kami Meran"]

Moons: You need to add more detail here. How was this moon affected by the destruction of the planet?

I still have doubts about the physics of this planet, but this is star wars, so I'll let it pass.

[member="Kami Meran"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom