Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinithi-Be-Gone

Intent: To create a chemical to counter a mutant species of plant created by Velok. This is also a way for Alli Wren to provide a method to kill her ex-wife, and her ex-wife's secret husband.
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Baktoid Industrial Systems
Model: XR-15
Affiliation: None
Modularity: Can kill some other types of plants
Production: Minor:borderline unique
Material: Various chemicals, ones found commonly in commercial herbicide’s
Description:
It is toxic to other plant species but is specialized in dealing with a species known as Vinithi It attacks the species regenerative process, and then quickly enters deeper and deeper into the plant cells, killing it. Depending on the health of the plant, this can take a day or hours. If plants feel pain, this would probably hurt like hell, and if plants were not just plants, well they would probably go insane with the pain, as this chemical once applied on a plant it begins attacking at once and has no known cure do the lack of study in rescuing pesky plants because who counters herbicide? Symptoms develop from bottom to top on plant shoots (older leaves show most injury; newer leaves least injury). Chlorosis first appears between leaf veins and along the margins which is later followed by necrosis of the tissue. It can be applied via a spray bottle, or any sort of canister. Proposed system involves an wrist mounted canister easily hidden in clothing or armor. It allows one to spray a plant quickly and several minutes of spray time to enable multiple shots, or extended coating of the plant. Due to the rairty of this speces largescale production of this herbicide is not done at this point.

Depending on the health of the plant, and exposure to this chemical this can take a day or hours to even minutes. The percentage of fatality at this point is 50% Long term use could see resistances built up by the plant species, Due to the type of herbicide this is, contact with a drop will begin the process, the more exposure the faster it works. If one was doused in it, said plant would die in minutes, should just a drop hit them, then the affected segment will discolor, and slight necrosis of the tissue shall occur causing severe pain, and other symptoms including slowed regeneration but will ultimately allow the plant to survive, for best results, liberal coating of the plant is suggested. It is liquid based, and thus can be delivered in a variety of methods. For best results, liquid application is suggested. To actually kill the species application on the head is required. Else you just wound and damage the plant. This can take an hour if drenched or more depending on the amount of applied to the head.

If contact with skin on humans and other species please wash off affected area immediately, it can cause burns and or rashes. Breathing in the vapor can burn one's airways and lungs and ingestion calls for one's stomach to be pumped as soon as possible as this is a poisonous substance and will cause death.

Wait a sec. One drop will not kill the plant, 24 hours or not. Edit that. It would make them sick and cause muscle cramping, severe stomach pains, and possibly headaches for a few hours... But not kill.

@[member="Alli Wren"] @[member="War Hydra"] @[member="Popo"]
Okay guys, good work for some of your beginning reviews, but I need a few things to be fixed as well:
  • The IC reasoning for this. Why would Baktoid Industrial Systems - a droid and starship manufacturer - want to make something like this to counter a species that is "rare" and highly unknown to the majority of the galaxy?
  • The 100% fatality. Would you like it if I just made an aerial toxin that could kill off an entire species if applied in large quantities? Nope. Though this is a plant-killer product, the intent is geared towards eliminating a sentient species. The most I'd say that this would make them extremely ill (maybe near-death) or stun them kind of like a neurotoxin that will render them unconscious for an extended period.
  • Other species. If this is misfired from the capsule or dispersal unit and gets into/onto other sentients like humans, how would this affect them? Nothing at all? Would it make them ill?
  • The natural state. As it is, it's depicted as an airborne toxin fatal to the Vinithi. Can this form be changed into a liquid and become waterborne as well?
@Me when finished.

@[member="Alli Wren"]
A few more questions:
  • If applied to the head for "the kill" as depicted in your description, how long will it take for the chemicals to set in and neutralize the target?
  • The production. Since this is going to be used for the personal use for Alli Wren, I would like the production changed to "Minor, Borderline Unique" or a similar statement.
@Me when done.

I'm going to request a development thread along with a bit more detail on the "Plants" there are several species in Star Wars that can be brought up with this - please specify. @[member="Alli Wren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom