Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Veteran of Ancient Wars

Marl had been on Kashyyk for a while, he missed all the action of being on the frontlines. He had been at his desk for the past 5 hours looking over files and reports for Valkren. Unlike most Rangers, Marl enjoyed the reports, helped him clear his head and look for mistakes made by fellow Rangers that can be prevented for next time, if there was a next time. He had recently borrowed a book from the library, a book written roughly about 400 years ago. The book itself was a history of the clone wars. Made by a popular historian of the time according to the library archives. He walked to the cafeteria with the book in one hand and his datapad in the other. If the book ever began to bore him or if this historian ever got the details wrong, Marl could always go back to his reports. He got to the cafeteria put his book under his armpit, and got himself a fruit salad. He sat down by himself and began reading as he snacked on the fruit.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

With all sorts of food heaped on her tray, Jyoti made her way to one of the tables to enjoy a hearty lunch. It was fairly late in the afternoon, so the crowds had thinned and most of the tables remained unoccupied. That left her with pretty much free reign to sit where she pleased.

Walking down the isle, she noticed Marl sitting beside himself, reading a book. A real life Clone Trooper, out of time. As a commander she had brushed shoulders with Marl a few times while operating with the Radama Raiders, but she had never encountered him outside of missions until now. This seemed like an ample opportunity to get to know the living legend out of combat.

She paused at the end of the table to address him.

"Excuse me? Marl is it? I'm Jyoti Nooran. Do you mind if I join you for lunch?"

[member="Marl"]

Marl had just finished reading a section on ARC trooper training, something he had to go through personally when a woman walked towards him. Typically he hated being disturbed (hence why he’d go to the cafeteria when it wasn’t busy) especially since he would typically be reviewing documents and revising reports but today he was feeling quite sociable. He pushed back the book a bit not wanting to seem rude to the Jyoti.

“Or CC-4938, whichever you prefer.” Marl said jokingly. “Anyways Master Nooran, I’d be honored if you would join me.” He said making sure there was adequate space for her to put down her tray. “Y’know before this the last time I was in a cafeteria this big, it was filled with people who looked exactly like me.” He said remembering his time on Kamino.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

"Marl will do," she replied, chuckling. "CC-4938 doesn't quite roll off the tongue. And you can just call me Jyoti."

She was no Ranger, and Marl wasn't under her direct chain of command. Outside of duty hours, she liked to be casual with her comrades.

She took her seat, enjoying a few sips of her tea before she spoke up again. Then Marl revealed a little something from his past during his days as a Clone Trooper.

"Is that right? Be honest, could you all tell each other apart without armor?"

It was something that has always intrigued her. None of the clones had been Force Sensitive as far as she knew. How could they know who was who without any special insignia?

[member="Marl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom