Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Vedts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vedts

k4EvhCb.jpg
(Vedt mercenary in full armor)​
Designation: Sentient

Homeworld: Vedt (was named after the race since Vedts themselves don't refer to it by any name)

Language: Vedt (despite being considered a language it mostly consists of moans, groans and gestures), Galactic Basic.

Average Lifespan: around 200-300 years
Can be only presumed due to no Vedt known to die from aging.
Matures 2x slower than humans, but their aging processes stop at 130 (mid 60s for humans).

Estimated Population: Planetary.
Inhabit their homeworld and two other planets in OP1 system (totally 7.5 billion Vedts). Rarely can be encountered outside (2-3 thousands).

Average height of adults: 2.05m

Skin color: Dark grayish brown; Pale.

Eye color: Green (90% of the race); Random.

Hair color: None (pureblood); Random (hybrid)

Distinctions:
Despite appearing like a regular human from afar, you can really tell the difference if dare to get any closer. Vedrs bodies are much more muscular and larger, have noticeably different proportions (slim torso, longer hands and legs). Other differences lie within their insides due to their misplaced organs (for example, their heart being on the right). "Special diet" also affected Iridonians physiology resulting in bigger mouths , powerful jaws and strong sharp teeths.
Biologically Vedts don't differ from one another that much, even from hybrids, thus making their bodies compatible for limbs and internals transplantation - common practice on Ved thanks to race's warrior specialization and high death rate.

8vRZaev.jpg
(censored picture of a male Vedt with two open wounds (front center and on the back)​
Breathes: Type I

Strengths:

Physically stronger
Vedts strength exceeds humans one and almost equals to that of a Wookie.

Good healing
Healing factor of the race lets them take a proper care of their wounds - they heal much faster with almost no signs of the wound left. However severe damage such as destroyed organ or lost limb can't be healed back, requiring transplant from another Vedt.
Exceptional warriors
Most of them were trained since childhood to one day become as strong as they can and are a giant threat if engaged in battle. Even the ones born outside of Ved are capable of killing lots of people without any help, due to the need to satisfy their everlasting bloodlust.

Weaknesses:

Bloodlust:
Every Vedt possess nearly uncontrollable urge to kill. They are, indeed, able to suppress it for short amounts of time but that rarely results in something good, since holding it for too long makes them go into Berserk mode when Vedt will kill literally everyone until satisfying it's needs.

Metabolism.
Vedts metabolism is faster than humans so they need to eat at least twice as much. Combined with their "special diet" it often leads to someone's death when Vedts are on battlefield where choice of food isn't that big.

???
Almost nothing is known about Vedts in the galaxy what means no proper medical treatment, no natural allies, no pre made clothes and some conflicts with planetary governments.

Low on population.
Vedts do inhabit a handful of planets but their birthrate is quite low, only slightly exceeding death rate.

Weak to cold
As a race who've grown in nearly perfect climate of their planet, Vedts bodies are sensitive to temperatures of -10C° and lower, making their bodies very vulnerable to catching pneumonia right away (instead of simple colds)

Races:
Pureblood.
Most common Vedts, born on their homeworld.

Hybrids.
The ones born to Vedt-Outlander couple. Despite looking like their Outlander parent's race, physically hybrids are fully identical to a regular Vedt (large muscular body with unusual proportions,mouths, misplaced internals etc.) thanks to races dominant genes.

Diet: Being predators since the beginning, there's no wonder Vedts evolved like ones - they've never been able to eat organic products such as fruits and vegetables (which at some point became poisonous for them), but instead opted for ability to proceed almost any type of meat and ASF. True to some rumors Vedts are able to eat most of human-like races.
For unknown reasons, the only organic product they are actually able to consume without any trouble is red wine.

Culture:
Bloodlust
What may seem a burden for others, Vedts consider a gift from gods and the best thing ever happened to them. Only Vedt can understand a joy one feel after seeing their preys blood flowing all over the place.

Nexuses
Probably the only thing all Vedts are concerned about. These structures has been built all over Ved starting a millennia ago together comprising all the history of the race and serving as main landmarks around which all cities were created. Originally looking like pyramids made from different materials (from stone to wood, though most of them were rebuilt many times in the modern age) and ranging in size they were used as temples, capitals, fortresses but you can find depictions of races history in each of them no matter the purpose. Now they serve as places of interest where Vedts can train, meditate, celebrate, while one of the biggest Nexuses called The Burning Colloseum is used for Gladiator fights.

Wargames
Since concept of war between Vedts was left in the past there had to be an alternative for Vedts to deal with their bloodlust - something what Wargames has become. So, special arenas built around all cities where local population could challenge various beast (brought from various systems) in both open fights and simulations. After becoming popular it began to offer more types of challenges including simulations, duels and eventually gladiator fights. Gladiator fights are yearly events consisting of a few stages (beginning in the local arenas, and ending in The Burning Colloseum) in which not only every Vedt, but every guest can participate as well.

Honor
Native Vedts don't see any point in fighting for honor, pride and others motives since the only reasons for them to fight is the thrill of the real battle and joy of the bloodlust. However it doesn't mean that they are completely heartless, cause if needed to protect something they value (such as home) Vedts won't back up.

Technology level: Galactic Standard.

General behavior: Unfriendly, yet not aggressive. Despite regularly ignoring other races Vedts seems to have some interest in them and often don't mind having a little talk.

History:
There is not so much known about history of the race even to Vedts themselves. Archeological discoveries point out that back in the beginning , pre-ancient Vedts used to be four legged beasts living on the ground and successfully hunting every other species inhabiting the planet (compared to most known races they were ganging up for a time of hunt no matter from which pack others were). All information hidden in Nexuses explains only parts of their history. Vedt tribes had quite strange relationships - even though they always were at war, trading and marriages between the tribes were common, suggesting that such aggressiveness was just yet another mean to satisfy lust for blood. Interesting fact is that when it was discovered in which time period each Nexus was constructed, it turned out that "tribe" period of their life has happened twice, with period of technical "ascension" between ,making Vedts the first race to achieve current technology level (after discovery of Rakatans fate, Vedts historians began to presume that such leap in progress happened shortly before Rise of Rakatan Empire with it being the primary reason of their society's regress).
Vedts appearance in the known galaxy was almost unnoticed since their armor gave them more or less human look. However they quickly became quite popular as one of the best (yet very rare) mercenaries in the galaxy. It's been thousands years (around 200 ABY)since people were able to discover their homeworld, Ved, and made a suspiciously successful attempt to open the world to outsiders leading to race becoming more common sight even in Outer worlds).

Notable Player-Characters: David Strider.

Intent: Create a proper unified description for my character's race which can be used in the future roleplays and encounters with the race.

[member="Darth Strider"]

Hi there! Judging from what I've seen across your accounts, this appears to be one of your first (if not the first) submission to the Codex. Not too shabby so far, but there are a few things that I'll need to be clarified, added, or removed in order for me to pass this on to be approved by the Codex Admin. I'll work with you - I want you to have this species approved and be able to write it the way you want to, but it needs to be balanced for fairness and PvP's sake.

Without further ado:

Darth Strider said:
(censored picture of a male iridorian with two open wounds (front center and on the back)
I will need a source for this image. Just copy and paste the URL of the website or search engine results you got it from and we'll be golden.

Darth Strider said:
Average Lifespan: around 200-300 years Can be only presumed due to no Iridorian known to die from aging.
I don't like this. The average lifespan is acceptable but the "not known to die of aging" cuts it for me. Either you can alter that and clarify how this is possible, or remove it altogether.

Darth Strider said:
Estimated Population: Planetary. Inhabit their homeworld and two other planets in OP1 system. Rarely can be encountered outside.
Acceptable. I do ask that you give a numerical estimation, though.

Darth Strider said:
Despite appearing like a regular human from afar, you can really tell the difference if dare to get any closer. Iridorians bodies are much more muscular and larger, have noticeably different proportions (slim torso, longer hands and legs). Other differences lie within their insides due to their misplaced organs (for example, their heart being on the right). "Special diet" also affected Iridonians physiology resulting in bigger mouths , powerful jaws and strong sharp teeths.
Would you please elaborate and explain in detail about their internal organs?

Darth Strider said:
Hybrids. The ones born to Iridorian-Outlander couple. Despite looking like their Outlander parent's race, physically hybrids are fully identical to a regular Iridorian (large muscular body with unusual proportions,mouths, misplaced internals etc.) thanks to races dominant genes.
Tell me more about Hybrids. Can the Iridorians circumvent their race's low birth rate by mating with Outlanders?

Darth Strider said:
I'd like more detail in this. What caused the Iridorians to create their Nexuses? How did they discover the Rakata (please note that Rakatan technology is banned on Chaos).

Get all that brushed up for me and we'll be one more step closer to getting this approved. :)

Marcus Itera said:
[member="Darth Strider"]

Hi there! Judging from what I've seen across your accounts, this appears to be one of your first (if not the first) submission to the Codex. Not too shabby so far, but there are a few things that I'll need to be clarified, added, or removed in order for me to pass this on to be approved by the Codex Admin. I'll work with you - I want you to have this species approved and be able to write it the way you want to, but it needs to be balanced for fairness and PvP's sake.

Without further ado:

I will need a source for this image. Just copy and paste the URL of the website or search engine results you got it from and we'll be golden.

I don't like this. The average lifespan is acceptable but the "not known to die of aging" cuts it for me. Either you can alter that and clarify how this is possible, or remove it altogether.

Acceptable. I do ask that you give a numerical estimation, though.

Would you please elaborate and explain in detail about their internal organs?

Tell me more about Hybrids. Can the Iridorians circumvent their race's low birth rate by mating with Outlanders?

I'd like more detail in this. What caused the Iridorians to create their Nexuses? How did they discover the Rakata (please note that Rakatan technology is banned on Chaos).

Get all that brushed up for me and we'll be one more step closer to getting this approved. :)
Hi!
Yes, so far this is my second submission.

1) Edited
(End of the post)

2) There was no Iridorian to die from aging since they either died in battle or were MIA. 200-300 is a max for non-Force sensitive Iridorian.

3) Edited

4) Tbh, I'm not that good at biology. By original description I meant that their insides have different size and proportion from humans (with sometimes s different location in the body), but exact count of internals is identical to that of humans - no additional organs or such.

5) Hybrids are results of Outlander-Iridorian mating. Despite looking somewhat like their Outlander parents race (skin and its color, form of the head), mostly they are fully identical to Iridonians in every moment possible (body proportions, mouths, internals). If Hybrid was to breed with pureblood Iridorian another pureblood Iridorian would be born as a result; with Outlander - another Hybrid (thanks to their dominant genes) and so for a few generations.

6) Nexuses were capitals of the tribes built for different purposes (main Temples, Fortresses and etch), but bearing almost the same design across all tribes.
Iridorians didn't discover Rakatas - they learned about their fate after events of KOTOR when it became known to the entire galaxy.

[member="Darth Strider"]

1. I still don't see a source URL of any kind in the submission.
  2. Works for me. Good stuff. Just don't portray them as being immortal :p
  3. Good stuff. Although twenty five billion is quite a lot for a species that kills each other often and have a very low birth rate. Drop it some and we'll be golden.
  4. Also acceptable.
  5. As long as there is no circumvention of their Low Population weakness, this works for me.
  6. I dig it. Good.
Just get me that source URL and drop your population some, unless you'd like to dispute it with some sound reasoning.

Tag me when edits have been made.

Marcus Itera said:
[member="Darth Strider"]

• I still don't see a source URL of any kind in the submission.
  • Works for me. Good stuff. Just don't portray them as being immortal :p
  • Good stuff. Although twenty five billion is quite a lot for a species that kills each other often and have a very low birth rate. Drop it some and we'll be golden.
  • Also acceptable.
  • As long as there is no circumvention of their Low Population weakness, this works for me.
  • I dig it. Good.
Just get me that source URL and drop your population some, unless you'd like to dispute it with some sound reasoning.

Tag me when edits have been made.
Done.
And they don't kill each other as after as many people think or as often as they used to)

[member="Darth Strider"]

Apologies for the delay on this.

First off I want you to replace the image source of your first picture. As it is merely a link to the picture and says nothing of who made it or where you got it from, it does not qualify.

My main concern before stamping this lies with balance. A species where everyone are highly trained warriors with great strength and regenerative abilities requires some counter-balance, and I've yet to see that. Many of the weaknesses are situational or 'fluff', and 'Bloodlust' arguably works out in their favour in a combat situation.

I'm going to ask that you either include a new substantial weakness, or tone down the healing abilities from an auto-fix for damaged organs and severed limbs to an increased healing rate.

As I understand it this is being submitted as a custom made species, and not an expansion on a canon species. However only one letter in both the name of the species and the planet separates it from the canon Irdonians and . To avoid any confusion between those I'd encourage you to change the name of the Irdorians.

Thanks

Darth Pyrrhus said:
[member="Darth Strider"]

Apologies for the delay on this.

First off I want you to replace the image source of your first picture. As it is merely a link to the picture and says nothing of who made it or where you got it from, it does not qualify.

My main concern before stamping this lies with balance. A species where everyone are highly trained warriors with great strength and regenerative abilities requires some counter-balance, and I've yet to see that. Many of the weaknesses are situational or 'fluff', and 'Bloodlust' arguably works out in their favour in a combat situation.

I'm going to ask that you either include a new substantial weakness, or tone down the healing abilities from an auto-fix for damaged organs and severed limbs to an increased healing rate.

As I understand it this is being submitted as a custom made species, and not an expansion on a canon species. However only one letter in both the name of the species and the planet separates it from the canon Irdonians and . To avoid any confusion between those I'd encourage you to change the name of the Irdorians.
Edited, yet it's not a custom made species but an expansion on canon IRIDORIANS (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Iridonian"]http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Iridonian)since I decided to use this race but there is almost nothing known about them.
P.S. For some unknown reason wiki uses the word "Iridonian" instead "Iridorian" while latter is the right one considering both KOTOR (http://m.imgur.com/3PSBZua) and SWTOR.

[member=Darth Pyrrhus]

[member="Darth Strider"]

Ah. Well that complicates things.

You're right, a species by the name of Irdorian appears in KOTOR. However references to this species has since then been referred to as Irdonian. "This change, from "Irdorian" to "Irdonian," was confirmed to be deliberate by Rodney Thompson, one of the authors of the Campaign Guide, who explained that Lucasfilm Ltd. stipulated the change and that it was "the KOTOR video game that was in error." (Source)

There’s already enough out on the Irdonians, and nothing to support them possessing the healing abilities you mention.

For this submission to move forwards you’ll have to make it a custom species, and come up with a new name for both species and planet.

Thanks

Darth Pyrrhus said:
[member="Darth Strider"]

You're right, a species by the name of Irdorian appears in KOTOR. However references to this species has since then been referred to as Irdonian. "This change, from "Irdorian" to "Irdonian," was confirmed to be deliberate by Rodney Thompson, one of the authors of the Campaign Guide, who explained that Lucasfilm Ltd. stipulated the change and that it was "the KOTOR video game that was in error." (Source)

There’s already enough out on the Irdonians, and nothing to support them possessing the healing abilities you mention.

For this submission to move forwards you’ll have to make it a custom species, and come up with a new name for both species and planet.

Thanks
Darth Pyrrhus said:
[member="Darth Strider"]

Thanks
Why is that? The only reason I decided to do that is to expand the canon, ALREADY EXISTING race which I do intend to use in the future, not the custom one. I just don't see any problem in calling them Iridorian or Iridonian (whatever needed, I don't mind, though Iridorians are easier to distinct since there are iridoNian Zabraks). I've already asked if I could do that and got a positive answer.
As for their healing factor, I already reduced it to just "better than humans" so they can heal damaged wounds, but won't be able to grow back internals and such.

[member=Darth Pyrrhus]

“Iridonians were a race of the sentient Zabrak species native to the planet Iridonia. “ (Source)

"The Zabrak, also known as Iridonians when referring to the Zabrak who came from Iridonia, were a carnivorous Near-Human species native to Iridonia, a planet located in the Mid Rim known for its inhospitable terrain and fierce predatory life."(Source)

"Societal information
  • Native species: Zabrak
  • Demonym: Iridonian"
(Source)

I've discussed the matter with the Codex Admin. Ruling on this is that we view the Iridonians to be as stated in the canon article, a race of the Zabrak species native to the planet Iridonia. At most another designation of Zabrak species, a separate society and culture within the species (similar to Morgukai warrior caste within Nikto society). As stated in my previous post, the Iridorian/ Iridonian confusion was stated by Thompson to be a mistake made by KOTOR, and is not the canon interpretation.

If you wish, their home planet can be Iridonia, but the species will require a name change and be treated as a custom species.

Thanks

[member="Darth Strider"]

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"] is correct. The Iridonians (misspelled in various facets of SW canon as "Iridorians") are, in fact, simply another name for the zabrak species. I take partial blame for this misunderstanding as I only made a cursory glance at the article you linked in your question. Upon further research, the aforementioned holds true.

You may still used Iridonia as the homeworld of this race, which would in turn make their Demonym "Iridonians" and still accomplish what you need for your character intentions but as Pyrrhus said, they will need a new species name.

Carry on.

[member=Mahet]

So... I need to change the entire race just because Iridonians/Iridorians from KOTOR (as campaign guide tells "a mysterious species known for their savagery and aggressiveness") would get mixed up with original Iridonian zabraaks?

No.

The only thing you are being asked to change:

You may still used Iridonia as the homeworld of this race, which would in turn make their Demonym "Iridonians" and still accomplish what you need for your character intentions but as Pyrrhus said, they will need a new species name.

[member="Darth Strider"]

[member="Darth Strider"]

Alright. Instead of putting this into the archives and you making a new sub, I'm going to recommend moving this over to the Pre-Codex while you work on edits. It can remain there for a maximum of two weeks until you are ready to have it judged.

[member="Mahet"] [member="Zeradias Mant"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom