Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Vangoltha's Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
vault_101_at_the_kreisau_circle_hq_by_nohomers48-d8fkvw8.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Going to be broken into and be used as a development factory for Serenity
  • Image Credit: Vault - Security guards (Pinterest) -Autoturret - Ceiling turrets
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: N/A

SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: Vangoltha's palace - Commonly known as "The Prism of Madness"
  • Classification: Underground research facility
  • Affiliation: Independent (To be The Sorority for Liberty)
  • Accessibility: The facility was designed and built into the cafe aside a large mountainous region, specifically inside a cave, you would have to enter it to actually see the exterior. Getting inside it will be rather difficult, the only way is to cross the 1 meter wide vault door, although no security is present. Opening it can only be done internally, and the only way otherwise is to blast through the door, made out of a compound of quandanium steel and charubah steel, both heavy and very durable metals. Blasters would have no affect on it, and any type of kinetic weaponry would have a difficult time denting it. Lightsabers on the other hand would still be able to cut through it, but the time it would take would be very considerable. Your best bet for taking it down would probably be a large scale mining laser and constantly firing until the door melts. There is no visibility into this section at all, it was essentially believed if they were under attack they could just close the door and ignore them. Opening and closing said door takes five minutes for the process to fully complete, so you would need advanced warning if you wish to repel attackers with it.
Leading up to the vault is a metal steel platform which can be used to reach it.

[*]Description: Schematics for this facility indicate multiple floors, 12 in total, although not all of them being functional. Floor 12 is closest to the vault, and floor 1 is the very bottom of the facility
  • ​Floor 12 is mainly where staff's living facilities are. Shower blocks, sleeping quarters, entertainment rooms, canteens etc.
  • Floor 11 contains artificial growing areas, water is pumped in underground and light is provided from indoor generators. Generic crops such as corn, rice, potatoes, strawberries, bananas are to be found here. These are almost always genetically modified on site to reduce the need for a more varied diet.
  • Floor 10 is where weapon and technology is designed by staff
  • Floor 9 is where said technology is tested, various testing facilities, such as; training courses, combat simulators and subject holding facilities are present here. Holding facilities are blast door protected prison cells, only being able to be opened by the central core. Experiments conducted here are injection of viruses, diseases, bacteria for resistance to drugs. Inmates are usually from over-crowded prisons on other systems more than happy to sell overdraft to here. No animals are tested on funnily enough, but they don't have an issue with testing on sentient creatures.
  • Floor 8 is the main armoury and engineering depot. Restocking of weapons and repair tools needed for the various facilities can be found here. The weapons are really nothing special, nothing more than non-lethal means of take down.
  • Floor 7 is where the main medical bay is found, although is usually abandoned as there is rarely ever a need for it.
  • Floors 5 and 6 are derelict and abandoned. Explained in the 'Historical information' section
  • Floor 4 is an entire freezer. Instead of regular storage, all storage is done in here to preserve chemicals, elements and food as necessary.
  • Floor 3 is the main reactor, a nuclear one to be specific.
  • Floor 2 contains a communications relay, used for contacting external individuals.
  • Floor 1 is the mainframe for the entire facility operated by an artificial intelligence

POINTS OF INTEREST
I believe I explained this sufficiently above.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The facility was originally founded by Doctor Edmund Vangoltha, a deranged, egomaniac scientist, funded by conglomerates to find a quick and easy way of healing battlefield injuries. He never found a cure, but was renowned for his varied list of odd, cruel and quite simply, messed up way of doing them to begin with. Previously, the subjects he would use would be rebellious 'political rivals' who needed them to disappear off the face of the galaxy, this was quite the place to do it as well. Nobody questioned it, simply because of how rich and powerful he was, the guards had no morals in this facility, they only cared about money, and he was known to slip a bit under the table if it meant not ratting him out to his superiors.

Possibly one of his most reckless experiments was attempting to create pure carbohydrates, fats and proteins from nothing but cyanide, oxygen and hydrogen. To this day, the place cannot be sufficiently vented due to the production of it still being done by automated processes.

Records of this experiment can still be found in archived sections of the database, in the eyes of an logical scientist, they make absolutely no sense, but that's what limitless power and wealth can do to your head.

Solving the hunger crisis
An experiment conducted by Edmund Vangoltha

My hypothesis is such; given the chemical formula for cyanide being CN-, if excess amounts of said substance were pumped in excess along with excess oxygen and hydrogen, thus forming the chemical compound needed for protein, I believe I have successfully found a solution for the hunger crisis facing several planets today. Cyanide can be chemically combined when heated with the raw elements of hydrogen and oxygen, enabling the body to successfully synthesis a food source. Our first round of test subjects did not prove to be a good result, and as such are not listed here; suffering deaths of asphyxiation.

As such, Cyanide levels were reduced to a more manageable level.

Test group 2 proved to be much more successful, with the last death occurring at approximately 44 minutes after the start date. After discussion with my assistant research director, we concluded that warming the room to 100 degrees would enable the atoms to successfully combine and form a carbohydrate molecule.

Test group 3 did also not prove to be worthy of note, only lasting successfully for 30 seconds after the start timer was initiated.

Test group 4 were subjected to direct contact with a solution of cyanide, oxygen and hydrogen dissolved in distilled water. No effect present. Our research facility was then later contaminated with ammonia, methane and cyanide.

In conclusion, the human body is unable to synthesize its own source of food using the above method.

-END OF LOG

Ironically, his death, or, supposed death, was brought at the hands of one of his final experiments.

Fixing the freeze
An experiment conducted by Edmund Vangoltha

It has recently been brought to my attention that the system of Hoth has been proving to be a difficult task for my sponsors to extract resources outside of specially contained environmental suits.

My hypothesis is such; subjecting life-forms to dangerous environments they are not used to will lower their average body temperature when subjected for long enough over a gradual period of time. Furthermore, we are also attempting to inject the DNA of an arachnid into our test subjects in an attempt to develop a 'cold-blooded' trait that removes the effect of having

We first began by injecting humans with spider DNA over a long period of time, approximately 6 months time or 182 days. We noticed a slight tinge in skin tone, going from a pale white to ever so slight blue, but blood tests showed no significant change in cellular structure. This will require further research.

As for our other test, so far we've come up trumps, 7 test subjects have died but one in particular, a Miss Destiny, has been showing significant strides to progress. We began conditioning at 30 degrees, just below room temperature and then gradually made our way down to 5 degrees, so far, she has been showing no signs of the rest, in fact, we are attempting a below freezing point in just a few hours.

I will record my findings once they come through.

-- END OF ENTRY

How he died, you may be asking? When he attempted this experiment, several inmates mutinied and killed the guards handling them, as they were vastly outnumbered. The turret defenses were also out of commission, that very same day the reactor's backup generator failed to start. Legend says, he was forced into the same freezer where he conducted the experiments, but did not actually die. The freezer's temperature was set to around -273.15, or, absolute zero. To this day, nobody has entered in in fear of facing the same fate, and it cannot be changed save for the internal mainframe which is off-limits to non-certified staff. Those smart enough in control know that bringing this man back to life would do a lot more harm than good.

Its funding is now entirely public, contracting out its facilities in order to upkeep its staff members and extensive defense systems. Currently, they are attempting to install a powerful ventilation system to restore floors 5 and 6 to working order.

Intergalactic events caused the facility to essentially go into a total blackout mode, nobody was allowed in or out in fear of said events spreading to them. It has not necessarily been a place of interest apart from its strategic location.

[member="Serenity Loveheart"]

I'll list a few things below that will need to be double checked or rectified.

Also, this is really pink. I like it.

Serenity Loveheart said:
Accessibility:
Tell me more about this door. What's it constructed of? How resistant is it to blasters, kinetic weaponry, and lightsabers?

That's all I got for now. Explain and we'll move on. Tag me when you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom