Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Val'hala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

Name: Val'hala
Region: The Unknown Region
System: Olympia
Suns: 1 White Dwarf, Hera/1 Brown Giant, Zeus
Orbital Position: 3rd Planet
Moons: Osir'Isis, Natural Moon
Coordinates: B,25 near Riflor
Rotational Period: 48 hours
Orbital Period: 460 Days

Class: Super-giant
Diameter: 12,620 km
Atmosphere: Oxygen
Climate: Earth-like
Gravity: 1
Primary Terrain: Grasslands, Mountains, Oceans, Rain Forests, Forests, Jungles, Tundras (Any 'lush' oasis')

Native species: n/a
Immigrated species: Humans, Energy Vampires, Anzati, Shistavanen, Shi'ido, Miraluka, Diathim, Gurlanin, H'Drachi, Maelibus, Ysanna
Primary languages: Galactic Standard Basic
Government: Monarchy
Population: 36.2 billion approx.
Demonym: Val'halain
Major cities: Olympus, Alpha Prime, Oriona
Major imports: Weapons, ships, clothing, food
Major exports: Tourism, Weapons, Metals, Phrik

Affiliation: N/A

Culture: Culturally speaking they are similar to many individual planets. They have several levels in their social caste, starting with H-LOVE (High-Lords of Valhalla Elected), HOS (Heads of State), and the CON (Church of Nero). Any members of these ranks hold the utmost respect and adoration from any and all people of Valhalla. At the head of this rank, with the astounding position of leader of all three orders, is the High Master. This rank however has not been taken since a few centuries after the planet's culturization, being the prophesized leader of the High Lords.

Next comes the Warrior rank. That's any of the HERO class, Knight class, and Demi-God class. These hold near the same respect as their predecessors, but not as such. They are considered defenders, people set about to protect any and all that are on the planet. Almost as if the planet's police, which it does not have.

Finally is the business class, which is any other being that is on planet. They are broken down further, those with wealth have a better status those without less. But they still work in the same fashions as the other classes.

Surprisingly, the majority of Gender on planet is male, making the police and warrior caste a rather massive one. As well, their army is already a massive beast on it's own, covering nearly 75% mandated for each species.

All show each other respect, to severe a disrespect can result in any of numerous punishments, including battling a Demi-God to the death (if the accused wins, they take the Demi-God title and are elevated.). The sole common ground between any and all, lies in devotion to the Gods.

Technology: Their technologies rival the average planets. They aren't the brightest of species nor the dullest.

History: It's said that from the mountains of Olympus sprung life on the planet, nearly 200 million years ago. Those alive presently, retell the stories of origin starting with Serizuto and Nero growing bored with their singularity. Thusly, on a whim, they created the vast cosmos and everything in it. Some plans they mad were to let planets develop over time so to allow their individual species to become the best they could be. But along with other planets and life forms, Nero desired others of their own power. So he tried his hand at immortals and created nearly a hundred Gods. But the most power stayed with himself and Serizuto, Gorna, Messs, Portiash, Vortaia, Nexus, and Jamak. And these beings would go on to form the council of the gods, the ruling body of the universe for millennia.

However not all went as planned, unbeknownst to them as they lived on their own planet and left the vast majority to themselves, the Sith were growing in power. And soon a massive war started, long before any recorded history. It went on for nearly 100 million years, and during this it resulted in many of the powerful force anamalies such as the caves of Dagobah. The sheer power of such a war, it nearly destroyed all of existence. Even getting near the destruction of life, the Sith would not relent.

So the many gods combined their power, choosing to give their own lives to save the many. With one final attack, they nearly decimated the whole of the Sith. It would take them many millenia to become even similar to what they had been. But in saving the galaxies, they lost the greatest weapons it held. But thanks to the prophesized return, made by Serizuto on his last breath, the people of Valhalla rejoiced and lived prosperously.

Life went on for millennium, the people coming and going but eternally waiting for their gods to come back. Finally though they are open to the galactic populace once again, surprised to find the astounding growth of the people beyond their own skylines. However just as such the galaxies were astounded by the lush beauty that was preserved all through out the planet, for over the centuries, Valhalla had developed into an ecumenopolis, with a total of 1,987 levels of city built up from the crust by the time of the Clone Wars. Many levels housing millions of forms of life, from animals to foliage. Though many of the people and species of the planet had been and are omnivorous, the people always did their best to keep species alive and thriving. The planet could be viewed by many as a the closest you can get to a utopia.

But though it has it's appearance, it isn't a golden place to live. For many decades a plague wracked the planet, taking every species save humans. But even a planet wide virus was not enough to defeat those of Valhalla. Just as every war ever fought as ended in stand offs, no one side of war being a victor, as none of the planet are willing to give in and back down. And though there has been a few wars since time memorial, their numbers have barely broken double digits, but the death tolls for each are far into the millions.

Notable PC's: Zaiden James-Greyson (Deceased), @Valashu elahad

Intent: To make a planet that is in no way prejudice, all will be welcome.

Matreya

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] just wondering if you could possibly look through this. It's been up forever and @[member="Ayden Cater"] hasn't had the chance, and Tef said to ask others. All I believe that I required left was the approval, as I made the few changes Ayden mentioned.

@[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"]

OK, due to some miscommunications in staff, this has been reopened, and there are some edits that need to be made.

• Population is impossibly high. Since Coruscant has been the centre of the galaxy for thousands of years and has a population of 1 trillion, a planet with a population 200 times larger is impossible. I suggest 10-20 billion.
  • A planet of 95,000km while being terrestrial is not possible. The largest planet discovered in our galaxy (which is larger than any mentioned in the EU) is about 1.5 the size of earth, not eight times. The simple fact is mass and gravity. Beyond a certain point planets become gas giants. 95,000km is, I will point out, 150% the size of Jupiter. I suggest 13,000km.
  • A brown giant is not something which exists. Technically a brown giant is a gas giant. If you really want a binary, a red dwarf is possible.
  • A gravity factor of 6 is not something which humans could survive for long periods without serious issues. I suggest reducing it to 1.5g.
  • The history...doesn't make any sense. While it's fine for them to believe that their origins were like that, it wasn't actually so. Sith only appeared about 25,000 years before the present. Give or take. Redo this, especially since there were no actual literal gods.
  • Don't take credit for Dagobah's creation. That's a canon covered item.

Lastly, utopias don't exist. There is always a dark side, like in every civilisation. Remember that Utopia the concept was a satire, not a genuine actual future.

@mention me when you are ready.

Matreya

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]
Per what we spoke of (Moridon and I):
I was wondering about 20k km because I want it to be a massive planet, bigger then most, and according to Moridon once you past 30 it starts becoming gaseous.
For population, due to the crust and above being covered as well as below it's crust, I was wondering if maybe 1-2 trillion might be acceptable?
And as said to Moridon, that 6 was a complete error and I don't know it happened, it was meant to be 3, making each species being smaller then their counterparts but more dense. However that will be changed as well.
Also I don't get the needing to completely alter it's history for a 3rd time. I will remove the canon stuff as that's understandable. I have it as the species believing that to be the case, that the force users were gods and they created everything. People on Earth believe we were made by gods but it's a stretch to have such in SW?
And I will edit the utopia part, it's simply meant it's as utopian as you can get.

I will make the edits upon the final decisions.

Earth is plenty big enough. Simply make it have more than 30% land and you have unlimited area. If you've ever walked from Siberia to Spain you'll appreciate how big just one landmass on this planet is. I don't see any reason to go 20,000...just because. That's almost the size of Neptune.
I'd rather not have the population outdo Coruscant. Especially with plagues and the limited contact of the planet, the natural resources could not survive a population so large. 20 billion is the absolute max I will allow.
Even 3 is problematic. 2 is what NASA deems acceptable for sustained human habitation, so I think that's a good compromise.
I would like the real history as well as the mythology. When people actually arrived there and some background to it. Also mention the ravages of plague etc as well. Keep the myth but put in the history as well.

Thanks.

Matreya

Ok see now THAT is far more acceptable, everyone else each time told me I had to completely redo it. I see why your loved so much on the site! And yeah I'm just going to stick with 1 as a gravity (or for the Lulz make it .5). I guess I'll go with 20,000.

Lastly, if I RP Valhalla enough, ie truly making it a part of the galaxy that everyone knows, can I up the population? At that point in time of course.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Thanks!
Yes, you can up the population at a later time, with staff approval.
As mentioned, drop the size down to around 13,000 and we'll be fine on that front.
The pull of gravity will be no different as it's orbiting a star like the planet is. There's not much difference that would be made because of the vast distances between them. If you want one you can have it, but it won't be very important.

Matreya

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"] I added in your requested edits, and edited the history a bit (ie removing a bit ofthe gods stuff and adding some more of the real history at the end)

The planet is still too big I feel. 12-13,000km is sufficient.

The native species can't include all of those. They're imported because they didn't start there.

There's still no actual history of what really happened there. Who settled the planet? When? Why? How did this Gods mythology come around?

Matreya

Sorry to have wasted your time on that last one, I had made the edits and hit save but I guess it didn't or something. But anyway theyre done now. @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom