Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Vahlra - World of the Heretics

Status
Not open for further replies.
vvAbvAa.png

Name: Vahlra

Region:Outer Rim
System: Telvara
Suns: Red Sun: Gehan
Orbital Position: Habital Zone
Moons: Jurisk the Fallen Moon
System Features: An asteroid field behind Vahlra, a few smaller planets ahead of it, and a far out planet after the asteroid field.
Coordinates: hex behind Gamorr, 16-23
Rotational Period: 25 hours
Orbital Period: 380 days

Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 13’430 km
Atmosphere: Type 1
Climate: Temperate
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Tundra

Native Species: N/A
Immigrated Species: Vahla, Humans, Echani, various other near humans.
Primary Languages: Vahla, Basic
Government: Cult
Population: Roughly a few hundred thousand
Demonym: Vahlrana
Major Imports: Many things that helped quickly advance them technologically
Major Exports: The Sith Empire was provided with many Vahla warriors
Affiliation: The Heretics of Nerro, Order of Ash, the Ashen Remnant

Major Locations:
These all reside on the continent Derakor:

• The Temple of Vahl - A place where the many Vahla gather to pay their respects Saint Vahl. Built off the coast of Dagath City, the temple resides on a small island that can only be reached via boat. The temple itself is still untouched, and intact. With one large hallway that leads to a monumental statue of the conqueror of the Vahla homeworld herself breaking out of the temple and overlooking Dagath City and the temple.

• Shrine of Vahl / Dagath City - Home to the largest populace on the planet, Dagath City was home to many of the Vahla houses that were of higher standing with the Matriarch. Markets, places of enterntainment and the Shrine of Vahl could be found. The Shrine of Vahl is a large statue of Vahl herself for those to become awed in her glory because they can not access the temple. Just before the Jedi came to purge the Vahla of the planet, the city was beginning to see structural similarities with some of the more prominent technological worlds. Skyscapers were beginning to rise, though they were few, and skylines were beginning to open up for traffic.

• The Everlasting Valley - A large valley that takes nearly a month to cross from one side to the other can be found far south of Dagath City. Here many smaller houses could be found with small shrines of their own. Unlike Dagath City, many of the houses live more like tribes here, and must farm the lands which are fertile. Many farming animals roam the valley, thus making this place a fair enough land to live on.

• The Ruins of Nerro/The Binding Bastion - After sometime with the rise of technology, a man named Nerro lead a large group of people, about one third of the Vahla against the Ember of Vahl. In his words: “Vahl was not a god, but a saint to her people!!” and his words have been considered heretical ever since. War broke out, a revolution, and when Nerro lost, the place he called the Binding Bastion was destroyed. It can be found far north of Dagath City, and looks to be in worse shape than the city. After this the Vahla who followed Nerro to the planet uplifted him as a saint, and began the Firelink Order, a new religious formation made from the martyr’s death that began to worship and pray to the souls of Vahl and Nerro for guidance and protection.

• The Firelink Shrine - The order’s grand shrine to all the saint that were martyrs to the empire that Vahlra eventually rose to become. They helped regulate the leaders of Vahlra and helped teach about the saints’ grand accomplishments. Many came here to learn the ways of the Vahla, be they kin or other species.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second continent Memnock

• The Jungles of Hether - Unsure of what resides in the jungles, they are highly dense, and full of saltwater waterfalls. Much of it unexplored just like the land of Memnock is.

• The Maleficar Ruins - Unexplored area, a large ruin covered in vegetation. It is said a maze resides under it, and many nasty creatures live in that maze.

• Lost Village - At one point, Vahla from the main land moved to Memnock to live new lives. They did in fact build a settlement, but what happened to them is unknown as they all up and disappeared from it

Culture: Very different from the Ember of Vahl, The Order of Ash dictates that Vahl, and all other fallen heroes of the Vahla are nothing more but saints, and to be honored in death. They are considered martyrs, and avatars of their people. All saints in the Order of Ash are Vahla save one female human.

Houses were, and still are to an extent, setup with reputation in mind, as well as strength, devotion and faith.Though houses could reach very high influence, nothing was higher than the Order of Ash. Paranoia played a big part as assassination, The worship of Vahl is abolished on Vahlra as well as the concept of gods and goddesses. Deities remain solely as saints. The Ashen Remnant is what is left of Nerro’s followers and many other exiles from the Ember of Vahl.

Slavery is a thing on this planet, though they were called servants and treated with a little more respect the better job they did serving their masters. Other Force-sensitives could become apart of the Order of Ash, and share in honoring of Vahl but these were far and in between as it was hard for other non Vahla to overcome the hardships and rituals performed.

Technology: Due to the lack of population, the planet did not get to see much in advancements in it’s techonology, but just before Nerro fell and the Ashen Remnant was formed. It was beginning to see the use a energy weapons, flying vechicles, and even space worthy ships with hyperdrives. Lightsabers were even beginning to appear due to the Sith/Jedi influence.

History: History on Vahlra is heretical and considered false by the Ember of Vahl. What is absolutely true?
A male Vahla named Nerro founded the planet of Vahlra, and moved his own followers to it. He began to instruct the Vahla people there that Vahl had been a strong force adept that conquered their homeworld for them. Many Vahla afterwards idolized her for her victory, but there were those who wanted the planet for themselves, and had always opposed Vahl in her rule over the homeworld. The Ember of Vahl rose after these people assassinated her, using her death to martyr her as a goddess, and to give the Vahla people a way to mourn and yet still show love for Vahl.

Nerro believed he had found proof of this, and became very open about his findings after the Jedi Purge on the Ember of Vahl removed them from their home. The cult condemned Nerro a heretic and anyone who followed him a zealot. Exiled from the Migrant Fleet, Nerro took those who believed the same as he did till the happened upon the world of Vahlra, named in honor of Saint Vahl. There, Nerro began to adopt the planet as their new home, believing it had many similarities to their original home and felt much like it. Though this planet was certainly not their homeworld.

As the Heretics of Nerro rose more and more to power, the historians write that the Ember of Vahl discovered Vahlra, and wanted it for themselves. The Ember of Vahl began a crusade against Nerro who had now made a home and new religion based on Saint Vahl. His community had become strong, but the Ember of Vahl was stronger, and even though the Ember of Vahl was able to murder Nerro, The zealots were able to push back the cultist, and secure their new home for good.

With the death of Nerro, he entered saint hood, and became Nerro the Reformer along side Vahl the Beloved. This started the Order of Ash, a religious sect created within the Ashen Remnants believing that the embers of Vahl had been rekindled and now the fire linked them with their saints. Nerro’s right hand woman, Vivean became the leader, the of Vahlra who would hold it together till her death at the age of 80. Vivean became the next saint to rise as Vivean the Binder. It is said had Vivean not shouldered the responsibilities as the leader, the remnant would have vanished.
Not to long after her death, thru popular recommendation, Dagoth took of the mantle, giving the remnant more structure and something close to an empire. To this day Dagoth is still holding the mantle of Harbinger. At one point, something happened that caused an assassination attempt on Dagoth’s life, but a human female took the death dealing blow, and her name was not recorded, but she was given sainthood as the Silent Saint. Many praise the saint for becoming the first non Vahla to rise to such an honor.

Notable PCs: @Darth Seraphic
Intent: To create a planet furthering Romeo Sin’s heretical movement against the Ember of Vahl, and help create a side of Vahla lore that other’s can also play with. Nothing written in this is intended to force other Vahla to accept this lore as true, or honest much of this is speculation, and the word of a man that is deemed a heretic just like Romeo. The planet is to help give a anti Ember of Vahl faction some foundation.

Good evening, I'm going to head off my Judges to save everyone some time.

So this is a very interesting idea and concept, as well it's a nicely written sub, but I cannot in good favor to every other PC Vahl on this forum approve it.

This submission undermines the canon lore of the Vahl and forces other community members who have PC Vahl to consider it as part of their canon. It carries a great deal of changes and assumptions to the Vahl people canon without any form of development at all. The weight that this submission holds constituted by one single person who did not bother to commune with those others of his Vahl brethren writers strikes me as extremely unfair.

This submission is denied.

However, if you would like to seek out the other Vahl writers of the forum and start a discussion about writing a story (more appropriately, series of stories, as this couldn't be done in a single thread) where you, as a community, seek out the planet and find it and develop the new canon together, I would be willing to consider a new submission for the lost homeworld of the Vahl.

I would recommend recycling this planet idea to use for something else, as otherwise it is very well done.

[member="Crucifere Sin"]

This has been brought out of Archives from Denial for a Second Chance. Please PM me when you have made the necessary edits to the submission and a Codex Judge will be assigned.

[member="Darth Seraphic"]

[member="Darth Ignus"]

Okay I have made the edits. I noticed that Vahla were listed in natives when they are not, and the Firelink Order that was listed under associations is actually meant to be Order of Ash. It's body is ready for you!

I agree with Silencia's assessment that this is an interesting sub and we'll donend. Just starting there.

Ok, so, what changes have you made in light of what she said initially? What did you do in response to her denial? There are some spots in the location that I find confusing when I read it because they seem to say that this is the Vahl homeworld. Might want to read through those again and clarify.

My main concern is what Silencia said in her initial denial, so that's why I'm asking the above.

[member="Darth Ignus"]

I've changed everything to express that it was taken over and adopted into a home for the Vahla that followed the leader Nerro.

The last submission stated this WAS the homeworld where as this one says
Darth Seraphic said:
A male Vahla named Nerro founded the planet of Vahlra, and moved his own followers to it.

Another difference is the removal of all Ember of Vahl from ever originally being on the planet and a new cult being placed into it, though I dont think I gave it a name except after the concept that the Ember of Vahl attacked, was drove away and the Order of Ash was placed down.

Darth Seraphic said:
As the Heretics of Nerro rose more and more to power, the historians write that the Ember of Vahl discovered Vahlra, and wanted it for themselves. The Ember of Vahl began a crusade against Nerro who had now made a home and new religion based on Saint Vahl. His community had become strong, but the Ember of Vahl was stronger, and even though the Ember of Vahl was able to murder Nerro, The zealots were able to push back the cultist, and secure their new home for good.

Darth Seraphic said:
With the death of Nerro, he entered saint hood, and became Nerro the Reformer along side Vahl the Beloved. This started the Firelink Order, a religious sect created within the Ashen Remnants believing that the embers of Vahl had been rekindled and now the fire linked them with their saints.
< My bad the Firelink Order was made. Thought I changed it to the Order of Ash. Let me go do that. (edit now made)

To also clarify that this is not this submission states it very clearly here:

Darth Seraphic said:
Exiled from the Migrant Fleet, Nerro took those who believed the same as he did till the happened upon the world of Vahlra, named in honor of Saint Vahl. There, Nerro began to adopt the planet as their new home, believing it had many similarities to their original home and felt much like it. Though this planet was certainly not their homeworld.

Good answers. I've read it over a couple more times and didn't really see anything wrong with it. It doesn't impede on anyone's ability to play a Vahl or force any new history on those that do, at least not directly.

I'm going to approve it pending secondary based on your changes.
[member="Silencia"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom