Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vader's Legacy-Seeking a Sith Master

Hey guys I am seeking a Sith Master who is powerful with the dark side,and who perhaps want an apprentice to do a lot of threading with and to pass on there teachings. I am also looking for someone who has a lot of Knowledge on Darth Vader and may know a lot of him and his training methods which could also further my own and could also satiate the obsession with Vader as well as to become very powerful. So if anyone wants to just let me know.

I can't help you with finding a master, but if you need someone to learn about Vader I am your man. Abyss is highly knowledgeable about the past, especially that of the old sith, and also enjoys sharing this knowledge with others. So he can teach your char about vader if you want.

[member="Jaryn Starkiller"]

[member="Abyss"]

I will consider your offer you seem like a Sith Historian

[member="Tirdarius"]
Lol i don't think there ever is a limit to craving power when it comes to Sith so i guess so powerful that it could rival that of Vader's or even beyond.

Jaryn Starkiller said:
Lol i don't think there ever is a limit to craving power when it comes to Sith so i guess so powerful that it could rival that of Vader's or even beyond.
No, but there's definitely a limit on how much "POWAH!" we really have to put up with around here. Especially pointless power. Obtained, 'cause reasons. Seriously: do you have any?

Jamila Elahad said:
[member="Tirdarius"]

...is that Tirdarius!? Wtf?!
Yup, it's me :)

[member="Tirdarius"]

Well besides my obsession with Darth Vader. I just want to gain Power enough of it at least to not be an Acolyte and to hopefully be a Sith lord one day and to gain whatever dark side knowledge i can,learning what my master teaches me and Studying ancient dark side knowledge of past Sith Lords learning new abilities,and to destroy the Jedi or whatever enemies that may lie in my path when i become strong enough whether it would be through raw power and rage or through manipulation and cunning.

Those are my reasons for wanting power.

Jamila Elahad said:
[member="Tirdarius"]
Jeez! The master who taught my char telepathy, helped with my current main, made me my first Sig for the site, etc. Haven't seen you in forever!
Nonetheless, here I stand. Hope you're well!

Jaryn Starkiller said:
Well besides my obsession with Darth Vader. I just want to gain Power enough of it at least to not be an Acolyte and to hopefully be a Sith lord one day and to gain whatever dark side knowledge i can,learning what my master teaches me and Studying ancient dark side knowledge of past Sith Lords learning new abilities,and to destroy the Jedi or whatever enemies that may lie in my path when i become strong enough whether it would be through raw power and rage or through manipulation and cunning.

Those are my reasons for wanting power.
I'm honestly just going to sit here and offer a deep sigh.

Jaryn Starkiller said:
It's alright i probably sound like a common Acolyte sorry if my reasons weren't really sufficient.
You sound like many of the new Sith around here. That's always the worrying part: that aspiration to power with little end goal other than 'death to Jedi/enemies'. And what happens then, I wonder?

[member="Tirdarius"]

If all Sith were like that with wanting to kill all their jedi and their enemies we would all probably have a Sith Civil War on our hands,and death to my enemies is not the main goal i'm after with my pursuit of power. Is to study the secrets of past Sith lords I do not plan to be just an ordinary Warrior born of raw hatred and rage meant nothing for than to destroy one's enemies. No in time with teaching i hope to become better than that someone who spends his days studying the greater mysteries of the Dark Side,and to enhance my abilities to the best of my ability. So i may seem like one of the newer Sith just given time that will change with learning.

[member="Wolf"]

Wolf said:
[member="Tirdarius"]
What were your character's motivations when starting out, and after becoming a Sith Lord?
Well, his motivations for becoming Sith were involuntary - that RP was done on a different forum (this character was a transfer), but during a massive 'invasion' RP, while a Padawan, he came across a Sith Witch (written by a particularly excellent writer who is also part of Chaos) that proceeded to beat the living crap out of him. Thereafter, she took him to an ally who then essentially indoctrinated him into the Sith ways with the 'serve or die' methodology. Hadn't really been my intention for the character (I'd fully intended on him being a Jedi), but I'm never one to go against the flow of RP, so that's where he ended up.

As a Sith, he's a believer in the long view: he essentially sees the Sith as having right to rule. Their powers and gifts from the Force invariably place them at the top of the food chain, and this is something he sees as natural: it provides the Sith the ability to create order and harmony throughout the Galaxy by virtue of being able to crush those forces that sow discord and seek to harm the innocent citizenry (pirates, slavers etc). The strong dominate the weak, but he also sees it as an imperative for the strong to therefore protect the weak through rule, rather than oppressing them because they have power.

Put bluntly: he perceives the Sith as servants of the Galaxy, much the same as Jedi, but believes that the Jedi have erred by failing to use their power (thus, protecting the small interests while neglecting the good of the galaxy as a whole). Those Sith who seek power, kill because they can and fail to put their skills to good use in service of the Empire: they're at the very bottom of the food chain, and prime targets. He feels that many Sith are excessive in their use of force, lacking in subtlety and entirely failing to consider the Empire as a whole while carving out their own little fiefdoms to oppress and terrorise, because they can. To that end, he kills Sith just as readily as anyone else: if they fail to live up to the mantle, they die.

So, yes...seeking after power for power's sake isn't something he tolerates. Power must serve a purpose, and only those truly fit to rule, working for the betterment of the Empire and those citizens who serve it, should ever reach the pinnacle of the Sith hierarchy.

Anyone seeking to learn the Sith ways that doesn't keep this in mind is likely to end up dead ;)

[member="Jaryn Starkiller"] It's one of the things that irks me a lot about people who RP Sith: they see the power and the fierce warriors hellbent on domination (and, yes, that can be damn good fun), but it's always struck me: what happens when you do conquer the Galaxy? What happens next?

Palpatine was remarkable because, even as a Sith Lord, he gave the Galaxy peace for a long time. He did so oppressively, ruling through fear rather than democratic co-operation, but it worked. The Empire was a strong, ordered, harmonious force, but was opposed by the Rebel Alliance on the basis that it was top-down rule, rather than democratic. He took things too far, but he proves that the principle is effective - and that was even true as the Clone Wars came to a close, when the Republic looked to a strong central figure rather than an overblown bureaucracy.

This is the Sith way: rule of the strong in order to maintain the stability of government. I've always preferred the Emperor/Dark Council approach: not a single ruler without check, but rather one at the top of the pyramid with a small handful of strong and capable beings working for them that govern the Empire on the Emperor's behalf. And, this is the key part: should the Emperor turn against his own Empire with oppressive force, the Dark Council has the combined power to remove that individual and re-establish the status quo. It's why the Rule of One was a particularly effective approach, in my book. And therefore in Tirdarius' book, too :)

I can agree with that. So question do you have any tips or advice for a new Sith and does one need a master to become a dark lord? Just thought I ask since you seem experienced with your Sith char.

[member="Tirdarius"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom