Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vacation, Had to Get Away (Open to Mandalorian and Mandalorian Empire factions)

Part vacation, part getting out of the house, the trip to Echol'ya was a spontaneous and random decision. And with any spontaneous decision, such things were always better when done with copious amounts of friends.

Between being an Alor of a known clan, bringing leadership of other clans, and being a Mandalorian with decent standing in the galaxy, landing on the asteroid was a simple and quick affair. Finding things to do, however, was a bit more difficult.

Clad in his armor and carrying only his sidearm and beskar ax, for no Mandalorian should ever go completely unarmed, he turned to look at his wife and friends.

"Okay, so, there's mines, there's probably some restaurants and some rental tours. I'd hazard a guess there's probably a trade or commercial center, maybe even something playing in a local holotheater. Failing that, there's always a bar. What does everyone wanna do?"

[member="Draco Vereen"]
@Anija Ordo
[member="Vilaz Munin"]
[member="Muad Dib"]
[member="Ijaat Mereel"]
[member="Isley Verd"] (because when you go to someone's house, you knock on the door lol)

Unease still, walking in the new armor, the Mask had been left behind. He didn't trust Isley since this new "Empire" business. Not with such a thing as it in play, and so temptation was removed. A deadly shacklebolt rifle rested in the small of his back, and a pair of DE-10's on his hips, along with a sword secured to his back and other bits. Arrbi may have dressed light, but Ijaat knew Isley and distrusted him greatly after he had worked so hard to 'repent' and then turned to his own pursuit of glory so quickly and easily. Not that he licked the boots of the Council. For the most part, he ignored them. But you helped fixed broken things when they were important. You didn't storm off in a tantrum. He thought he had taught the lad better.

But there was nothing to say Isley would even recognize his old teacher. New face, Force presence... Boy might if he recognized the armor, but that would be about the only way. Nerves jittered and jarred, and when Arrbi spoke his answer was not precisely harsh or cutting, and the voice still confused him sometimes that it belonged to him. A lot of things to get used to, for sure.

"Might be best I stayed sober, in case Isley shows... Otherwise.... I'm game for anything but a chick-flick... Sorry Anija..."

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Ping!

The tell-tale sound of an incoming message would play within the helm of [member="Arrbi Betna"]. It was a text-based missive, stating:

Welcome Ner'vod!

Consider this a personal invitation to Little Concordia, located in the skies above Echoy'la herself. You'll find lodgings, entertainment, and most of the local citizenry there.

Also, your drinks are on me. I hope you enjoy your stay!

-IV.

"Places there are booze, places I can hit things, and places I can do both." Draco smiled, patting himself down. "I've been on Alderaan behaving myself for months, its time I ruined someone's day, even if that's your day boyo." Playfully the Mandalorian slapped Arrbi on the back. Truthfully, he didn't expect a whole bunch of trouble, no more than there would be between Mandalorians. He and Isley had both been in the same boat once, though Draco kept his Dark Side quieter than most. There were some who knew about his fall, some that probably suspected as much, but he hadn't gone out and mercilessly butchered thousands like a deranged Sith. Arrbi had always been the sensible man, doing what he wanted and what he thought was best. Ijaat was a different matter and Draco was still trying to figure out this new Ijaat. He didn't recognize the man hardly at all, but he was there, new and different. Still blatantly his old mentor, in many of his mannerisms and his body language, but he was still very different from the old man Draco remembered yelling at him in the depths of a forge.

However, he was away from Alderaan and many of his responsibilities left behind him when he did. His clan was smaller than most, though he conscripted a lot of non-mandalorian auxiliaries to bolster his forces, but he could still leave it with the Vizla cousins, Rach and Aten. Both of those men were opposites, enough so that they made excellent angel and demon on his shoulder when he needed to make decisions. His company had been left in the hands of the Board of Directors a long time ago, albeit some of them were HRD's solely so he could walk in and establish majority control on a whim. However his family was harder to leave behind for a weekend out with the boys, though he needed to on occasion. What was the saying? 'Never get weak in peace time'. Faith would understand his need to occasionally go off for one reason or another, but she would always have trouble saying goodbye and that would pull at his heart strings each time. It made him volatile in some respects.

"It's like Fate. He's buying our drinks. I believe its time we made him regret that and put a hurting on his economy." A weekend out with the boys would undoubtedly end in news coverage in one way or another, but it would be fun, and Isley had always been fairly understanding of Mandalorian culture and how tension was dealt with.

[member="Ijaat Mereel"]
[member="Arrbi Betna"]

"You come to me-"

"Yeah, I come to you. Look, Don Yoto. You've been getting in too much smuggled cigarettes lately."

"Eh, you know, Zef, people be smoking a lot lately. More demand requires more supplies." The Weequay crime lord explained.

"They will buy it legally, alright ? "

"Geez, Zef, since when you have become such a law upholder, ey?"

The Mandalorian received a message over his HUD abruptly notifying him of the arrival of a few good men from Mandalore. Otherwise, Zef really couldn't answer that question. Life was such an irony.

"Just cut it down or there will be T-Visors all over here, aight?" Zef lifted a warning finger then took a pack of Yoto's illegal cigarette packs on the desk before leaving.

It wasn't an easy task to be responsible partly for the management of the Mandalorian Empire's capital planet. Especially when you had to reprimand people like him for being people like him. Had he ever imagined working for the system and not against it ? Not really. But here he was being a good citizen.

Well, time to meet the men from Mandalore

Mandalorians that he barely knew, but that was normal. He had bailed on the Mandos two decades ago and now so much had changed. Zef had to adapt to all the changes. It would be a good start by getting to know the visitors - Draco Vereen, Arrbi Betna and Ijaat Mereel. All notorious Mandalorians with a lot of achievements behind them.

Little Concordia...Not a bad place, Mandalore.

With the happy thought of free Corellian ale, the scoundrel headed towards the designated place to meet the lads from Mandalore.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Isley Verd"]

[member="Arrbi Betna"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Ijaat Mereel"] | [member="Muad Dib"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Anija chuckled slightly as Arrbi ticked off options on his fingers. He sounded like a regular old tour guide. Though they'd come here to sightsee, Anija wasn't quite sure what might happen. As such, she still wore her beskar'gam, and carried her standard loadout, minus a few of the heavier pieces. The last time she could remember them going on vacation was on their honeymoon. And well, one could guess where that led. She shook her head and chuckled a bit.

Ijaat's comment then had her in a fit of giggles. "Chick Flick, Ijaat? How little you remember of me...." she chided lightly, playfully punching him lightly on the bicep. "I never was one for those kinds of movies. I'd be more inclined to watch something like a holodocumentary on the Mandalorian Wars, or an action film." She was still chuckling as they made their way down the street. But, she could sense faint ripples from Ijaat. And though she couldn't pinpoint the cause, she too felt a slight sense of wariness.

Sure, they were all vode in the Mandalorian ways. But, Isley had taken it upon himself to pursue his own glory, instead of staying and helping to strengthen all of the vode. Anija herself - and she was sure many others as well - would have preferred that. Splitting off as they had done had weakened the Mandalorians during a time where they had just begun to mend the relationships between many of the Clans.

She would be deluding herself if she had thought that all the Clans would get along. She knew that was almost impossible to achieve. Even when it came to decisions regarding military actions. But, she had hoped. And now, here they were. Only time would tell if tempers might flare between the two groups.

Alicia was not a Mandalorian. Not yet, anyway. She was still learning the Resol'nare; was making progress in Mando'a; and hadn't yet gained her 'place' among the Vode that had rallied to Mand'alor's call. Yes, she was one of them, and at the same time, she wasn't. With all people, you had to show why you belonged and that hadn't yet come about. Given time, however, and she was sure that they would begin to call her vod as well.

She had selected a Gizer Ale as her choice of drink. It was sweet, but left the alcoholic taste just at the end, that gave it a kick. If there wasn't much to be accomplished in the night, she would at the very least end it by giving something to Isley Verd. A pendant, of her own creation, that she meant to give to him a long time ago, but never had gotten around to do it.

So far, so good. No fights had erupted, and no insults were lashed out to one another. Truth be told, the Field Marshal was expecting a fight to unfold itself by some random Mandalorian, and if the Redneck was also expecting to see [member="Keira Ticon"]. That woman would definitely be receiving some insults from his tongu if she showed her face around these parts. After their encounter on Antecedent he knew that she was part of this splinter cell of Mandalorians and was disgusted that she spoke to him in Mando'a.

Wannabe Mandalorian.

"Ijaat," the Bounty Hunter said to his old friend, "you taking pills or doing plastic surgery? You looked better with the white scruff." Last time he saw Ijaat was with wrinkles and long, white beard that showed that he was wel within the days of being an old, ritiree. Maybe he went to some doctor and got a procedure that made him look all young again. What else could make a man or a woman look younger than what they truly are? The desire to smoke arouaed in him and he took out a cigarette and the beskar lighter, and lit one up.

He kept the temptation to exhale a cloud of nicotine and tobacco into the face of a Mandalorian that pertained to the Empire.

[member="Anija Betna"] [member="Zef Halo"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Isley Verd"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Alicia Drey"]

During the trip to their vacation spot Muad Dib had sat in the corner of the hold, back leaned against the hard, cold metal bulkheads. His knees were drawn up and his arms were folded upon them. Glowing blue eyes peeked out from the shaggy curtain of dark hair hanging in his face. His buy'ce rested beside him as he waited for the ship to land.

As the ramp lowered he watched his vode slowly walk by, an atmosphere of relaxation desperately clinging to them all. They had all been through much, both personally and in their roles in the mando'ade. Each of his fellow vode wore their experiences upon them. And they were getting heavy.

Rising to his feet he hooked the helmet in the netting at his belt and followed the troop out into the fresh air. A deathstick was pulled from a pouch at his belt and placed between grim lips, it's end coming to life with a flare of blue. He listened to his compatriots talk add he reached out in the force sending those nearby to ensure none with ulterior motives were shadowing them.

"Drinking, fighting, seeing the sights, setting then on fire, or watching a chick flick. I'm good for anything. Course I know Draco here truly wants to watch that chick flick."

Muad chuckled as he clapped Draco on the shoulder, a wink and a grin as he mentally thought of the Alderaan princess and how the vod had become domesticated. He laughed out loud, a rolling laugh as the image of Draco standing over a litter box of sorts flashed into his mind's eye.

Releasing the vod Muad continued to walk with the group looking around as they walked, eyes burning into darkened areas anticipating an attack, nay, hoping for one. The madness within always creeping to the fore of his mind these days and growing more difficult to control. The thought that one day soon he would snap and lose it was growing to be a more dominant thought in his mind, and for once in his life he fought against losing himself in the madness.

Taking another pull from the deathstick he red-handed a blue plume of smoke that tailed after as they walked. These were vode, people he liked and had fought beside. He would give his life for any of them. Even the changed Ijaat who was a Maelstrom of emotions that one could not decipher.

They were an interesting group. Arrbi carrying the past on his shoulders, Anija filled with responsibilities, Draco trying to balance a duality of roles, Vilaz just as ornery and outspoken as ever but he too affected by recent events pertaining to the mandalorians and feeling the betrayl because of it, Ijaat who Muad was unsure of, which made him think even Ijaat was unsure if who or what he was. Then there was Muad. A whirlwind of oxymorons. They were an interesting group. He continued to chuckle as they walked.

[member="Anija Betna"]. [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Shaking his head, the former Alor reached out and made a cuffing motion. And Vilazs' head rocked forward as if smacked in the head, ripples of the Force surrounding Ijaat as he grinned. They didn't understand. Perhaps none but whoever had given him the holocron and put him in the body from Ke'Dem would ever. Thankfully none of them pegged him as Ovmar. That would be a most awkward moment. Regardless, they accepted him. Welcomed him back without a moments thought. Couldn't say he would ever really be one of them again like he was before. He might be on the fringe, always, when they needed him coming forward. But being at the heart of things again.

"Actually, I died... Interesting trip really, you should try it, kid... All sorts of surprises...."

Growling, he looked about and then shrugged.

"Actually, kark it... Booze sounds good... Lets tie one off and show these folks how real mano'ad act.... You all remember how to do that I hope? Not been too long in Council chambers talking?"

[member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Arrbi Betna"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Muad Dib"] | [member="Anija Betna"] | [member="Zef Halo"]

Ijaat's new form was puzzling, and Draco didn't know what to think of his old mentor's new found affinity with the Force. No doubt he would soon be moving into Alchemy and other types of Force craftmanship. Finally there were a few things he could show the old smith. He had access to a lot of things, and he suspected that his old friend wasn't as oblivious as some might think. Draco suspected the old warrior knew more about the Force than he was letting on, and suspected he knew more about his current situation that he had so far told anyone. The Mandalorian dragon assumed it was very personal, and had decided upon seeing him not to pry into those secrets. They would be left buried or reveal at the former old smith's discretion. It was not everyday one died, and not often did those that did come back talk about their time in the beyond openly.

"Booze is always good, but Betna brought his old lady. That would be like me bringing Royal Guardsmen." The warriors voice across the annunciator was teasing and light-hearted, though he was pretty sure Anija would be the moral compass and leash holder for the group. Not necessarily a bad thing with Muad around and unstable. Betna was always pretty level headed and open to chatting, though he had a fiery temper at times. Vilaz was a boistrous, but overall friendly redneck. Ijaat used to be old and crotchety, easy to anger and work to establish dominance, traits he would likely keep despite his new appearance, though no one should recognize him. And then there was Draco, who went through phases, and was currently in a phase that was more prone to violence. It had been a long time since he had gotten into a real fight now, and who better to check his metal against than a fellow Mandalorian?

"I'm sure we will manage a good time regardless. And you are damn right I wanna see that chick flick! A Mandalorian chick flick has as much action as a Sith Gore flick has blood." The t-visor didn't show his smile, but it was pretty obvious in his voice and body language. "Its like yall forget I spent three months on Alderaan. I love it, and the people are good, but they aren't Mando'ade." Granted he would go back to the core world and be comfortable, but every now and again, he liked to get out and get into just a little bit of trouble.

[member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Anija Betna"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Her head whipped around, and she pinned Draco with a glare. He couldn't see it - but could probably feel it through the Force. "Old lady?" Anija retorted, her voice hard for just a moment. "I'll remind you that this 'old lady' can still pull her weight in battle, and hold her liquor!" And then she grinned and punched Draco in the shoulder. "Never would have figured you for one who enjoys chick flicks. But, a Mandalorian Chick Flick is a little different."

She moved forward to walk with Arrbi. "Let's at least get some food and drinks first. Then we can see bout that Chick Flick..." she so enjoyed poking fun at the guys when she could. it was a rather strange group that had come along. Each of them felt so very different from the next. And there was something about Ijaat that was different - it wasn't just his look. Shrugging to herself, Anija decided not to worry about it. If he wanted it known, he would share it.

The path from the spaceport was lined with various shops and restaurants. As Anija looked around, she pointed one out to the group. "How about there, it looks close enough to the theater..."

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Alicia Drey"] [member="Zef Halo"] [member="Isley Verd"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom