Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Useless Facts

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
In WW2, Japan invaded the Aleutian Islands. They were repulsed by US Marines.
In WW2, a Japanese submarine, the I-17, shelled Santa Barbara, California. It damaged an oil field and triggered the Japanese American internment camps, which started approximately a week later. Japanese subs also did minimal damage up and down the west coast of the US, but were ultimately ignored.
In WW2, US Federal Agents sought and received assistance from Mafia mob bosses in tracking and finding Nazi U-boats operating off the coast of New York. Apparently, just because you're a criminal, doesn't mean you aren't American.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
When a Submarine of the Royal Navy successfully sinks a ship, they fly the Jolly Roger when they return to port. This is because when subs were first being introduced to the Royal Navy, the then First Sea Lord hated them, and compared their actions to those of pirates.

This was last done in 1982, with the flag flown by the HMS Conqueror, which had sunk the ARA General Belgrano during the Falklands War.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
During the Falklands War, the ground was too unstable for the British mortars to fire effectively. The rear echelon soldiers took turns standing on the mortar baseplates to keep the weapons steady. Most suffered broken ankles from the recoil when the 82mm+ mortars fired, but the lines never got shorter and many came back for a second or third go. Moral of this story is: Don't screw with the bloody Scots.

Sairis Flair

S
If you took all your veins arteries caplaries and such they would wrap around the world twice

Karsh Lithern

The Living Mutation
In accordance to is body size (think relativity), the barnacle has the longest donger in the animal kingdom, over 3x longer than average animals. (Of course this is all on a scale factor, but even then, it's really long).

The largest living species of kangaroo has a head the size of a sheep's and may stand 7 feet tall. An extinct species of kangaroo had a head the size of a Shetland pony's and reached a height of more than 10 feet. There are miniature kanagroos, such as the musk kangaroo, that are no bigger than a jackrabbit.

Ornko'mad

The Mind Behind
Sairis Flair said:
If you took all your veins arteries caplaries and such they would wrap around the world twice
If you took all the blood vessels in your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

Giraffes can survive without water for longer than camels.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
This is a useless fax:

Samfax.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom