Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Upsizing

When Alicio woke up this morning, he would find the space beside him to be empty. Work tended to make them both early risers, but unless there was an emergency, it was rare Amani was up and gone before her husband was even out of bed.

But out in the main room, he would also find that she wasn't actually gone either. The door to the bathroom was ajar, but Amani was standing in the kitchen, tightly clutching a glass of juice in both hands, rather than her usual caf. Her gaze was distant, intently focused on some unseen storm of thoughts. She didn't look at Alicio when he first appeared, but inhaled deeply, like she were preparing herself for something.

Alicio awoke early, to find Amani's familiar weight absent from his side. A hand fished around for her, discovering nothing but tousled sheets and empty space. He blinked a few times, rubbing his brow with a forearm to brush the sand away from his eyes, before swinging his legs over the side of their bed.

Still in his sleepwear, Alicio pondered into the kitchen, spying Amani's absent look, and immediately sharpening his tired face into a concerned frown. He walked over to her, cocking his head to the side, grey eyes full of care.

"Hey," he said, swallowing a yawn. Had something happened at the temple? "Is everything alright? How can I help?"

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

"H-Hey..." She said back, unintentionally reinforcing the idea that she was rattled by tripping over her own words. Amani scrunched her face, and shook her head, "Yeah. No. No everything's fine, uh," It sounded like she was going to say something else, but swallowed it back. Why was this so hard? The prospect was exciting. But also terrifyingly new.

"Do you... want some breakfast?" Amani turned around and opened the fridge to look for something nonspecific. More accurately, to try and hide her ambivalent expression. Results were largely unsuccessful.

Last edited:

Something was wrong.

Alicio liked to think he could read Amani like a book, even on her best days. Something was clearly occupying her mind. But if she didn't want to talk about it... he wouldn't press.

"Oh," the Count said, a little crestfallen, but resigned to dropping the matter. "Okay. Yeah. I'll help you make something." The senator stuck his head into the fridge alongside Amani, checking their options with a growing, nostalgic smile. "What do you think? Poached eggs on cinnamon toast?"

He wanted to ask her again. Oh, how he wanted to ask her again. But... he could be patient. At least until after breakfast.

Alicio's response only brought more conflict, even though he didn't realize it. She pursed her lips, trying to focus on something other than him, when he then peeked in to look at options alongside her. Amani suddenly scoffed and pushed his shoulder, retreating from the fridge, "Ugh— Why are you making this so hard?" He already knew something was up, but now there was no denying it. Her tone was peculiar; Not quite angry with him. Frustrated endearment was perhaps the best way to describe it. He was too good for this.

"I'm sorry, it's not you. It's not bad- just- ugh-" She leaned back against the counter, shifting restlessly. There was something Amani clearly wanted to tell him, but something was keeping her from just blurting it out. Anticipation, but also nervousness. "Okay. Okay. I'm just gonna… tell you."

Amani came closer, placing her hands on his chest. She breathed in deeply, steeling herself to just say it. Then almost whispering, said, "Alicio…

…I'm pregnant."

"Ugh— Why are you making this so hard?"

Alicio scoffed right back as Amani pushed his shoulder, mirroring her exasperated admiration with some of his own. For a moment, he'd been surprised- she'd never literally pushed him away, before. But he could tell she wasn't actually mad. Conflicted, maybe. Excited? Nervous? He couldn't tell.

There was another moment of internal conflict in Amani, one that Alicio patiently outlasted, leaning his hip on their kitchenette, and watching her intently, if confusedly.

The Mirialan approached, placing her hands on his chest. Almost reflexively, the Count's hands found her sides, holding her firmly in front of him, as if to ground her.

"Alicio… I'm pregnant."

Alicio breath hitched in his throat, a silent gasp leaving him slack-jawed. Maybe he needed the grounding. After a moment of stupefied awe, his arms looped around his beloved, keeping her close to him, as a stupid little smile unburied itself from his shock. "Woah."

Then he said it a little louder, as if believing the news a little more. "Woah! That's... incredible."

"We're going to be... parents,"
he said reverently, letting his forehead touch Amani's. "Parents."

Amani stifled a chuckle, "'Woah'?"

"Woah! That's... incredible."

She shut her eyes as their foreheads touched, leaning on him literally and emotionally. There was a lot to unpack, but his enthusiasm helped her keep from getting too caught up in the stress, and instead let her focus on the joy it brought. She hugged him tighter, only stepping back after a long while, wiping her eyes of the emotion welling up beneath them.

"I started feeling sick after the victory celebration. Didn't really think much of it, but this morning it got worse so I just… took the test, and…"
Amani shrugged, and let the silence speak for itself. Her smile faltered for a moment, "Now that it's actually happening I'm… nervous," Then just as quickly, it returned, "But… I'm also excited. Really excited."

Amani gave him a kiss, "We'll get to make our own family."

After a long time, Alicio broke away, listening to the circumstances of the test as he brushed away a lone tear from his cheek. His face mirrored hers, falling as hers did, and returning alongside her too. "I'm nervous too," he said after a moment, nodding subtly. "I think we have every right to be. But... I'm just so happy."

Alicio gave Amani a long, gentle kiss, keeping his eyes closed for a moment after they broke. "We need to start thinking of names, huh?"

Then he scanned the room, smirking. "We need to start thinking of a new house."

"We need to start thinking of names, huh?"

"I know!" Amani said, letting her enthusiasm shine in full. Pregnancy was going to have its ups and down, but right here and now, they could just dream about the fun parts. Names, clothes, toys…

"We need to start thinking of a new house."

She blinked, and looked at their space behind them, "Oh… yeah. We can't raise a baby in a place like this!" The apartment had been good to them. It was nice and cozy for two, but it just wouldn't do for what was to come, "We need an upgrade." Amani looked up at Alicio, raising an eyebrow. Then, she abruptly turned around and headed for the bathroom to finish up her morning routine. She reappeared with a toothbrush in her mouth, bubbling with a drive to start now, "You're not needed at the Senate today, are you?"

Once Amani returned from the bathroom, Alicio could tell she was in get-it-done mode.

Alicio had the pleasure of seeing his wife in this mode a few times, mostly around the lead-up to their wedding. It meant that whatever was on her mind was going to be forced into completion, ASAP, and Alicio knew better than to stall her.

For his part, Alicio had begun the work of crafting breakfast. The beginnings of poached eggs, cinnamon toast, ripe fruits, and a knowing smile awaited Amani as she re-entered. Whatever tiredness that had been left in his face was completely burnt away, replaced by a similar eagerness to her own.

"You're not needed at the Senate today, are you?"

"Already called in," he returned, gesturing at the datapad on their counter. Orso could certainly handle his affairs for a day. There were few things Alicio valued more than giving himself fully to the Alliance. This was certainly one of them.

"Breakfast first, love, or are we multi-tasking?"

Amani smiled, her nostrils flaring as if to open up to the scent of breakfast Alicio had already begun preparing. The mirialan stepped back into the bathroom for just a moment to finish brushing her teeth, then rejoined him in the kitchen. She embraced him from behind, "Well, let's just start simple. Name ideas," Not as simple as she made it sound. Deciding on a baby's name probably wasn't going to happen on a whim, but it was easier to brainstorm while making food than it was to browse the housing market while making food.

"Boy names. Start throwing some out. Go." Amani let him start, pecked his cheek, then stepped beside him to start helping with the stove.

"Boy names. Start throwing some out. Go."

"Chauncey," he said immediately, trying and failing to keep a straight face. He chuckled to himself. "Kidding, kidding. Ummm..."

"I would say Simon, my father, but..."
His lip twisted. They'd talked briefly before about his... chilly relationship with his now-deceased father. "Maybe... maybe not."

"Mmm... I've always been partial to Cyrus, Cy for short. Or... I really like August. Or Miles. Orrr... mmm... Basil?"
Alicio seemed to stare off towards their cupboard. "Oregano. Pepper. Garlic..." He smirked coyly

"Which one do you like?" Then, with just as much excitement, he returned her question.

"Girl names. Go."

"Chauncey,"

Amani immediately squinted her eyes at him, a smile breaking across her lips despite her attempts to hide it. As for Alicio's next suggestion, she just gave a silent, understanding nod. Simon would be a natural choice, but, perhaps it was best not to name their potential son after a figure to which he had… mixed feelings.

His other ideas came in quick succession. She laid a pan on the stove and added a bit of oil, nodding along to each, at least until they became more food focused. Her eyebrow raised, "Oregano Organa, eh?" Amani glanced at the namesake in the spice cabinet, and smirked, "It would certainly be bold."

"Cyrus Organa… August Organa… Miles Organa…"
She muttered each, testing how they rolled off the tongue, "I think I could be convinced by any of those. Cyrus also fits as a mirialan name," She noted.

"Girl names… Well, Niah, after my mother," Amani had nothing but good memories of her parents, and therefore was less conflicted by the idea of bestowing their names to another. She tapped her chin, "Maybe Niah would be nice as a middle name?"

"How about… Lyris? Or… Liana? I like the L sounds I guess,"
Another pause, "Or something more outwardly mirialan like… Samara or Jana. Well, I guess Jaina also fits both sides."

After a beat, Amani tossed a dry dish cloth at Alicio, "Your turn. Girl names."

"Oregano Organa, eh?"

"Rolls off the tongue," Alicio countered, snorting a little as he returned to attending their breakfast. He was glad Amani liked the names he'd proposed, though he wasn't particularly attached to any of them. He figured the right name would magically make itself known, but... no such luck.

At Amani's own suggestion for girl names, Alicio continued his snide smirk. "'Liana Niah Organa'. That certainly rolls off the tongue, too." He actually liked it quite a lot. Lia certainly sounded like a traditional Organa name. "I like Jana or Jaina too. They're all names I could say quite sternly when they ask me to stay out past curfew."

When the towel was thrown at him, Alicio caught it, looking between it and Amani as if to ask 'what am I supposed to do with this?'. But that conundrum was quickly eclipsed by coming up with his own names for a little girl.

"Assuming I can't suggest 'Alicia'," he said, smiling, "I wouldn't mind Elinor. My mother's name." He crossed his arms, staring past the fruit he had begun to wash. "Other names... Well, Autumn. Evangeline. Emmeline, 'Millie' for short..." He threw the dish towel back at Amani, aiming to land it perfectly on top of her head.

"Boy names. Go."

"I like Jana or Jaina too. They're all names I could say quite sternly when they ask me to stay out past curfew."

Amani snorted, "'Liana, go to your room.' 'Jaina, I can't believe you hosted a secret party while we were gone.'" She tried out the names in a similar content, and nodded. Alicio listed off a few ideas of his own, including his mother's name. Of course, 'Alicia' got a side eye, "Millie is cute. Emmeline Organa…"

She looked away for a moment, only to be rewarded by having the towel tossed atop her head. Amani grinned and pulled it off, setting it aside, "Boy names. Hmmm… Byron," She nodded, then continued, "There's Galar, my father. Maybe a deviation of that would work better though. Galen? Maybe…Percy. Asher. Alexander. Alex, Lex, or Xander for short. Egg…" She smirked as she trailed off, cracking an egg into the pan, "Who'd have thought there's so many names."

"We're gonna be real busy these next nine months, aren't we,"
She chuckled awkwardly, still reconciling the full scope of it all.

Last edited:

Direct hit.

Alicio did a small, teasing fist pump as Amani turned towards him, congratulating himself on his perfect aim.

Amani's own names for a boy were just as intriguing, though Alicio seemed to frown at the name 'Percy'. He tried not to let his bad mood stink up their breakfast too much, quickly moving on, summoning a smirk. "'Egg Oregano Organa'. Imagine the magazine covers they'd make."

"Mmm... I could picture Galar. And Byron. And Xander."
He felt himself slip off into a daydream for a moment, imagining the various names being shouted around the apartment, accompanied by the sounds of laughing, screaming children. The taste of the Force touched his tongue.

Children. Not child. Huh.

Odd.

"We're gonna be real busy these next nine months, aren't we."

"Not nearly as busy as what comes after, I assume." It seemed so daunting, when he put it that way. But he was ready, as long as Amani was. Together, they could do anything. Even survive parenthood. "Sure, we'll have to find a bigger home, baby-proof, set up a room, shop for baby supplies, take a few more days off than we're used to, but... it'll be more than worth it."

Alicio stepped over to Amani slowly, hugging his wife from behind, and planting a kiss beneath her ear. "We're going to have a family."

"Still wouldn't be the weirdest name a celebrity ever gave their kid," Amani grinned. She noticed his reaction to one of her more serious names, but couldn't quite figure out where it came from. So she just let it be. They had plenty of other options to pick from.

"Not nearly as busy as what comes after, I assume."

Amani groaned, but the smile on her face showed she was excited. Nervous too, no doubt, but also very, very excited, "We are," She leaned back against Alicio as he came over to kiss her, placing a hand over his, "And speaking of bigger homes…" Amani broke away to take the eggs of the pan before they burnt, "Maybe we should get to looking, hm?" This apartment was nice, and it was going to be hard to beat the location— Given how close it was to both of their places of work— But perhaps they'd get lucky.

The pair finished preparing their breakfast in good time. With a few different bowls and plates of food balanced in his hands, Alicio teetered his way to their table, depositing their meal, and waiting for Amani to approach before finding his seat, and dividing the spoils.

"I am going to miss this place," Alicio noted with a bit of melancholy, as he produced his datapad, and began searching the holonet. "Despite the size. We... made a lot of good memories here." He looked around the space, as if seeing it for the last time. Even though they were just beginning the search for a new home.

A minute of searching and nibbling on breakfast later, and Alicio pulled his chair up next to Amani's. "Okay, first option. Right between the Temple and the Assembly. Two bedrooms, one bathroom... kinda small... No pet policy, well that won't do..." Archie squawked loudly in the other room, as if making his displeasure at the idea known.

"I'll keep looking," he said, stuffing a piece of toast in his mouth to hold as he tapped away.

"Yeahhh…" Amani sighed, reminiscing just like her husband. The apartment had become a home for two, but now, they needed something to fit three.

Or rather, four. Not that they knew that for certain yet.

"Guess that means Kai is gonna have to get packing too, huh?" Hopefully he hadn't gotten to attached to his current space. Saying that brought another idea to mind, "…We should make sure our next home has better soundproofing." Wholly unrelated of course.

Amani sat down opposite Alicio, snatching a few things from each plate to add to her own. Her stomach grumbled, bringing to mind thoughts of the fabled pregnancy cravings to come. Her imagination was pulled back to the present, when her husband listed off the first listing to catch his eye. Alas, it wouldn't quite fit their needs, "Sorry, Archie," Amani said, swallowing a mouthful of toast. She stood up, balancing her plate in one hand, and grabbing her chair with the other, to then awkwardly shuffle over to sit beside perpendicular to Alicio, rather than across from him. The mirialan plopped down, and leaned over to look at the screen for herself, "Hmmm… Oh, what about that? It's a bit closer to the senate, but— Oh, damn. One bedroom. We need more than that." Amani scrunched her nose, trying to think of what else they might want from an apartment.

"Anywhere near a park or something? A playground?" It was hard to be picky shopping for apartments, but it would be nice to have a place with a lot of family accessibility.

"…We should make sure our next home has better soundproofing."

Alicio's nostalgic pass around the room seemed to freeze in place. "...Yes. Good idea."

Alicio made a displeased grunting sound through his toast as they continued to glance through options Their first two turned out to be busts. One too small, one requiring them to banish a member of the family. He nodded emphatically as Amani brought up a playground; that seemed like an excellent idea. The Count narrowed his search.

"Mmrph!" Alicio spat his toast back on his plate, handing his datapad to Amani. "I mean, look! Three bedrooms, two bathrooms... and it's a fifteen minute walk from Coruscant Park. I think that's pretty close to the Temple." He tossed his head back and forth. "Sure, that's probably one room too many, but we can find something to do with it."

The nobleman's excited smile told Amani all she needed to know. "It's... kinda expensive, but with our salaries, we should be able to cover it." Hopefully, they wouldn't have to dip into the House Organa treasury- he'd rather save that money for relief and reconstruction efforts.

"What do you think?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom