Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update, and Slow Posting/Loa-ish

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Shakrin"] @[member="Anders Sivas"] @[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Jared Ovmar"] @[member="Valik"]

For those I'm posting with, I'm sorry I've been slow to reply, It's been a bit of a mess lately with what's going on. Been very ill and sleeping a ton, I'm slowly getting around to posting, it's just taking longer than I want it too, and I apologize to those who have been waiting. If its been more than five days (my memory isn't great right now, which will be explained in the paragraphs below) please, PM me to remind me and I'll get to it as quick as I can, as all I can do right now is lay in bed, rest, and such and and post while I wait for things to pass and me to get better.

And for the rest of the board, a small update. Not a lot of news, but some news so I figured I'd share what I have with you guys.

Alright so in the process of all the tests we are doing while waiting on the neurosurgeon wait list and such we discovered the entire root cause that created a perfect storm that so badly damaged my body. Celiac disease, which is an autoimmune response to gluten, which is in wheat, barely, rye, many grains.... and it's in so many foods, and to my unfortunate discovery medicines as well. This disease, destroys the small intestine lining, and makes it difficult to absorb proper nutrients, so I was losing weight, feeling like throwing up constantly, and constantly had stomach pain. We had chalked that all up to the low hormones from a dying ovary (only have one) and my thyroid being not properly treated for so long, but it was all of that plus Celiacs. A perfect storm to make my back appear to be that of an 70 year old, rather than a woman in her twenties, all in less than a year.

I was doing really well, less pain, balance was getting better, less nerve issues, less memory problems, less mood problems, no more twenty hour sleep days, and generally less issues all together. I was starting to look better, feel better after almost two weeks without any form of gluten, until I got an infection and needed an antibiotic. I learned the hard way about medicines having gluten in them, and have spent the last week, struggling to take this antibiotic, just thinking that I was screwing up my food and cross contaminating things, or just missing something on the label, but after close and carefully going through ALL of what I ate one day, the timing of taking one of the pills, we discovered that it in fact had gluten.

So, I'm having to switch meds, to something else, and it takes about a week once you get gluten in your body for it to clear and you to truly feel better. In the mean time, I'm sleeping tons, forgetting things like mad, and so on. It's not a fun situation but it's sadly just part of my life. A new and crazy part of my life as I learn not to eat grains and all the little tiny unlabeled places they hide. But it is good news that we have it all pinned down and my doctors and I can work to get everything to normal, and with some surgeries and treatments get my back stabilized. With luck I'll be able to live fairly normally.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Dammi, Coryth, y u no love nearby where I can go and hug you in these trying times? :(

Hope you get well soon. You're finally on track to being fully repaired.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

*hugs gently* Now that you do know, improvements will happen. So sorry. I know a few people with Celiac, but up here in Canada it is a LOT better for Gluten-Free foods & restaurants. You'll get through this, and no worries about this place. :)

You are a strong young lady and I hope you continue to improve as they have finally identified the cause of your pains. It may not be much comfort but your friends here are all wishing you welll and hoping for your speedy recovery. Much love.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Well I hope you will get better sooner rather than later, I'll be here to RP with you whenever you can, and if you want to chat, you have my Skype :p And Happy Easter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom