Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Up the Ante

Senate Building, Coruscant // 9 o'clock
Liin Terallo Liin Terallo
FG60c5.png
On the seventh floor of the Senate Building, Annasari's chambers were as she left them before the recess. Dark drapes opened, Galactic City stretched beyond the window, lively as ever. Ra'kan the pole snake writhed in his brass cage. Settling into the executive chair at her desk, the Head of Foreign Affairs found a stack of paper work awaiting her return. A groan escaped her chest, willing it away, but the pile persisted nonetheless.

"Mira?" An elderly Echani woman came peeking around the corner of the office at her call. "Clear my morning, if you will. This," She indicated the files dramatically. "Must be dealt with before it can grow further."

Strolling past the doorway, datapad in hand, Mira paused to look to her employer.

"Miss Annasari, you do have a meeting with a representative of New Cov in..." Her words trailed as she checked the time. "Half an hour. There is no room to reschedule today."

Another sigh. Life in the senate never slowed.

"Alright, but everyone else can wait. They didn't journey half the galaxy for me, I'm sure."

With a bow, Mira excused herself to see out the Senator's will. In truth, it was not a friendly acknowledgment of the fact they had gone out of their way which had spurred her to keep the meeting with New Cov. Unable to be synthesized, the biomolecules native to their planet alone promised great strides for the Galactic Alliance's tech sector. Half an hour came and went; and on Liin Terallo Liin Terallo 's arrival, the Senator set her work aside and rose to meet woman.

"Representative Terallo, it is my pleasure." A hand extended in welcome. "Please, have a seat. Drink?"

Floating to the refreshment cart, Annasari surveyed her stock.

"Tea, coffee, sprite, and corellian whiskey... only 10am, but when has that ever stopped Galactic City?" Glancing back to Liin, a chuckle escaped her. "We'll save the whiskey. We have much to discuss, and with any luck, we'll have a reason to celebrate at the end of this."

Last edited:
1724892.jpg

I had never been to Coruscant before and to recieve an invitation made it all the more special. Both myself and New Cov were starting to get recognition on the Galactic stage and both my parents and the rest of the Board of Directors of NCBC couldn't be more pleased.

I could of worn some flamboyant outfit, however for this occasion I chose something a little more subtle. Afterall I was attending a meeting and not addressing an entire Senate. Yet that was sure to come in time. My Mother tells me to visualize the future that I seek every night before I fall asleep and that is what I have been doing. So far that technique appears to be working!

Coruscant itself is massive and I just could not tear my eyes away from the window as the transport brought us into the atmosphere. The entire planet is a city. A part of me wondered what it looked like before the cities were built. Was it rocky and dry like a desert? Were there mountains, canyons, rivers and oceans? This can be something that I can ask about if conversations come to an uncomfortable halt.

In no time at all, I exit the transport upon my arrival with two members of my staff to accompany me. I do my best not to stare in awe and keep my composure, although I find it very difficult. Perhaps later I can have a bit of a tour before I head back home. It was a charming thought to be had.

The Senator's office is beautiful and I admire it briefly before turning my attention to the woman that rises to greet me. I place my hand within her own and hold onto it warmly with my other hand resting gently on top. "The pleasure is all mine, Senator. Thank you kindly for the invitation. And I would love some tea." I take a seat and give my staff a nod, giving them the signal to help themselves with a drink as well. "I've brought along two members of my staff. This is my secretary; Liona and my personal guard Tobias. I pass along greetings and well wishes from the Board of Directors of New Cov Biomolecule Company. There are a number of governmental bodies that have fallen as of late and it's such a relief to see that not all have suffered such a fate."

Tag: Annasari Annasari

Last edited:
"Democracy and the Starbird both will not be so easily undone, despite how the forces of darkness may try." Anna agreed. Collecting mugs and pot on a tray, tea was brought to the desk and settled between them. "We have known hardships anew since the start of the Second Great Hyperspace War. I'm glad to see New Cov thrives on their own, as well. When the Confederacy of Independent Systems fell some time ago, the southern systems were heavy on my mind. Would that we could invite all to find refuge in Alliance borders."

Resettling herself, the senator of Jakku reclined slightly, sizing up Terallo. Young enough, beautiful besides, and well spoken, she had all the makings toi blossom from a hopeful to a powerhouse in some way. It was not looks nor anything palpable, but she bore a striking resemblance to Auteme Auteme . An aura of potential; a promise she would blaze galactic trails in her own right.

"Mira, who saw you in, is my chief of staff. She has been with me since my entry into the Senate."

The matter was more complicated than that; Mira had been with the Prince of Eshan, Anna's paramour, since he was a small child. She had always known service. When he was disowned and followed his father to stand at arms for New Imperial Order, that service had passed to Annsari until such a time Errant would take back his throne. Even still, her success on Jakku and within the Alliance as a whole was in no small part thanks to the burden Mira had shared.

"My thanks for making the journey all this way - I do hope it was not such a strain. A hologram will never hold a flame to the personality of dealing in business face to face. I had hoped to discuss what the goals of New Cov are in the apparent future, and perhaps establish a contract between the NCBC and the Alliance military."

I remember when the Confederacy of Independent Systems fell. My mind took me back to the time when I was young and I had overheard some of my parents heated conversations about what could become of our world. Fortunately, the worst hadn't come to pass and the Covies were for better or for worse; left alone.

Yet now I had a hunch that that was about to change.

I listen intently to the Senator as she speaks, crossing my feet at the ankles and tucking them underneath my chair; my posture straight and poised while I did my best to impress.

"The dark times have not reached our borders, thankfully. It was feared that pirates and raiders would invade as they have done in the past. However it may seem that the vents and pipes leading to our domed cities have made it not worth the effort for them.

Our harvesting of biomolecules have continued, regardless Senator, and we are pleased to be able to share some of them with others once again. Some of our research is top secret, as you may expect, but we are willing to include others in some aspects of it as well." I fix myself some of the tea as I give myself a moment's pause before continuing on. "There are other forms of technology at your disposal that I'm sure could be shared with us in trade. And as New Cov garners more attention, we must be alert to it and be able to defend ourselves properly should dark forces seek to invade."

I am true to my training and do my best not to reveal all the cards. Knowing who to trust was not an easy task to figure out at the start. Everyone has their own agenda.

Last edited:
"Pipes and vents," She pondered. "Perhaps a methodology Jakku should pursue. The Brotherhood of the Maw has been relentless among the northern border; my planet was not spared."

Metal tinkled against glass as she gave bantha milk a stir into her mug. The ritual gave her the time to digest Liin's meaning. Technology had not been in the contracts she had made up, though perhaps it was a cultural oversight. In the core, credits ruled; what was not shared freely was bought with hard coin.

"I'd give you the lectures I give the rest about military weaponry, but with your people's terraforming ingenuity, I don't imagine that is what interests you so. Unless, perhaps, ship power? A well armored fleet is the key to the galactic stage. We have recently taken back the driveyards from a tyrannical Kuati regime..."

The hybrid's eyes narrowed ever so slightly as she sipped on her drink, analyzing.

"The Alliance is home to scientists which rival the ingenious sith lords who altar life itself. I imagine a research agreement could be made available, for a mutually beneficial cause."

To hear of the plight of other worlds that have become victims to war is heartbreaking. I have been sheltered from war upon which my parents say is a blessing that not all people can afford. And despite how imaginations can always run wild, I am quite certain that the realities of war was harsher than anything that I can imagine myself.

I sip my tea, choosing to have it black which allows me to truly savor the taste instead of masking it. And this tea was a refreshing one. It really brought in an ease of comfort.

The Senator coninues on and I listen to what I can only presume is a hint of a proposal. And just like me, she seems to not display her whole hand. Perhaps the same moves in the playbook are used everywhere.

"A strong fleet is what every world should have, despite where their strengths lay. It is the view of some within New Cov that the focus on biomolecules has put everything else to the side leaving us vulnerable to more highly advanced forces. There are a few ways upon which that can be altered slightly. However our research that NCBC is most known for must continue to grow. Outsourcing among other scientists could do well in ensuring a broader scope in biometrics." I pause briefly for another sip of my tea. "What is the Alliance in most need of?"

Strong leadership. The snide remark almost slipped out of her mouth, causing her to choke ever so slightly on her beverage. A handkerchief was undone and dabbed at the corners of a grimace. The question was skillfully posed, putting the senator on the backfoot. Truly, Annasari believed their nation's biggest weakness laid in their highest office; but that would only be a suggestion New Cov's government became privy to when and if they became a member world.

"Mmm, excuse me." Misstep finished, the hankerchief was returned to it's place in her desk drawer. "It most depends who is on the receiving end of that question. Someone who insist an end to the ceasless wheels of beauracracy. Despite how much we spent in our rise at a nation, others would suggest heightened defenses. The budget has been stringent lately."

Her mug was abandoned, near empty, as her hands folded in her smoothed her skirts. Velvets had been her chosen garb today. Thick and draped, the navy pantsuit was strapless, but modesty kept with cloak and mantle.

"I believe we need value. The Starbird was launched with power of the Intergalactic Banking Clan and the Trade Federation beneath it's wing. Those have broken off, finding profits waning. Every day I meet with the potentials for entering our Charter. I find their eagerness waning, too."

The Senator starts choking on her drink and right away I raise my brows in concern. Thankfully the coughing lasts for mere seconds before her state returns to normal. It must have been due to something that I had said, however that reason was hidden under a protective layer. It was not my place to know what is in her mind.

I sip my tea as I listen to her reveal what little the Senator wants me to hear. Red tape and budgets. They are common causes for debate. New Cov is run with a corporate government; meaning it is run like a business. There are similarities to democratic governmemts, but they are not the same. And from my own experience, the Covie way was superior. But then again I am also young and just now experiencing the Galaxy with all that makes each surviving government unique. My own views and opinions are of that of one with limited knowledge. I am sure that in time that will change. It is an encoraging thought!

"The Starbird was quite an undertaking to develop. I applaud it's success. It is not easy to create safe and quick hyperspace lane to appease so many. Borders change and many governments have collapsed. I can see how profits and interest have waned." I have another sip of my tea as I run through a few ideas in my mind before I give voice to one of them. "Perhaps what's needed is a new approach with new blood and excellent marketing to attract positive attention to it." In my experience growing up, I saw the value of stability in a chaotic environment. People are drawn to it. I just hope that the Senator believed it too.

Annasari Annasari

"Representative Terallo, dare I say you sound like my corporatist competition?" The words were teasing, tempered with a sly grin. "Only fitting, I suppose. A marketing campaign has merit. Our machines pump out propaganda, but lack a more personal touch.. But the Alliance and New Cov joining technologies and minds to better the galaxy... Yes, this has merit."

With a rather thoughtful expression, Annasari rose. Sidestepping the desk, a hand extended to invite her guests.

"If we are to go at this hand in hand, it is only fitting to know what you are working with. Would you like a tour?"

Allowing her guests a moment, Annasari stepped into Mira's side office, informing her of their departure. The moment also allowed time to think. She needed more to offer New Cov, something palpable. On return, she allowed them to prepare before continuing.

"I bring up the Starbird Trade Spine not just as a shining example of where we've done well, but as where we lack, too. All of our expansion efforts of late have been focused on the Inner Rim and the Expansion Region. There is, of course, the Hydian Way, which runs the length of the Galactic South East. Then the Corellian Run, which if I recall, is a direct path to New Cov. This is it. It leaves our Eastern wing and any expansion west isolated. I wish to change this. With the infrastructure investment to build a mirror of the Trade Spine, it will open new markets to the Alliance and New Cov both."

I give the Senator a knowinh smile at her comment. Although I did not yet know just who her competition is, the government of New Cov itself is corporate and not democratic like many are and were. At least the Senator seems pleased with my suggestion, which surely brightens my demeanor.

And as she offered a tour, I quickly finish my tea and rise from the chair. "I would love a tour, thank you." I turn to my staff and give them a satisfied nod while the Senator makes the preperations needed. As she returns I take to her side and listen attentively. The idea that she proposes is sound and I can easily see the benefits contained therein.

"The Corellian Run does indeed lead to New Cov. And a new trade route would be beneficial for both, to be sure. I am quite certain that the Board of Directors will have interest in the idea." New markets create expansion in our products and an even greater monopoly in biomolecules. My parents will surely be pleased with this! "A personal touch is a great approach in a marketing strategy. It makes people think and feel about what is being presented to them. And that in turn increases their desire for what is being marketed, whether it be a vacation, food, clothing, or defensive initiatives."

As they made their way into the hall, the lush carpets Anna had decorated her offices with gave way to polished stone. Door upon door mirrored her own offices for the width of the corridor.

"This hall belongs to the Populist party. We rally around a planet's right to choose how they are governed, which in turns lessens the federal hold on the Alliance and leaves the power with the people. The corporatists are upstairs from us, befittingly. They took a page out of what the same marketing strategy, and have held a stranglehold on the Senate for a long while. Folks feel it's personal -- if the corpos aren't in power, their wallets suffer."

The hallway gave way to a vast overlook. The balcony, circular, had similar corridors leading off in all directions. Below them was the lobby, busy and bustling, reflecting the same atmosphere as beyond the glass window pains.

"Sometimes, when I find myself working through the terribly dull paperwork, I come here and simply watch. You see all types come through - nobles and business men and even the lowest of constituents. Soldiers, commanders, hopefuls... This is the doorway to the heart of a nation, truly. I find it fascinating to consider each individual has a life as intricate and involved as my own."

I keep light on my feet as the Senator takes me on the tour. I listen intently to her words as she describes the different levels that various styles of governments work on. It is easy to assume that if I were to work here that I would be sent up with the other Corporatists. However my approach might be slightly different than their own.

The Senator reveals her habit of people-watching. My mother shares the same. I am of the type that studies structures more than people. And artwork. There is such beauty in artwork that fascinates me, despite not being able to see colors like everyone else. I can still get a sense of the tone out of them.

"A world within a building. It is much like the biodomes of New Cov. Every floor and sector is for a different class of people to live and work and always there are some that dream of the other floors. Is this where you had always wanted to be? If there was anything that you could change here, what would it be?" Every government has it's flaws and if New Cov is to get into the spotlight, I needed to let the Board of Directors know just how we could make ourselves needed.

Annasari Annasari

"No, I had never thought in an eon this building is where I would end up." Annasari admitted with a chuckle. She began to stroll again, slowly, allowing her guest to follow. "Jakku was... A sort of retirement for me. I was born on Nar Shadda, and there is a certain.. order, even in lawless worlds. You find the strong who can protect you, and work to make that strength your own. It made sense to me, there, to settle and hide. You see, after I left Hutt space, I spent some years working as a freedom fighter. One does make enemies when you have a bleeding heart. The organization collapsed though, after an attack we never quite recovered from. I thought it best to lay low on a backwater world. Find a sort of peace. Then the Alliance came. We would be absorbed in their space, ruled by their laws, with no representation. My bleeding heart bled again. I petitioned our committee on membership, pushing that despite our population, we should still have the rights other worlds shared. I won, and here I am."

A blush rose to paint otherwise pallid cheeks. That was a lot to share with someone who was nearly a stranger, though nothing that hadn't been aired when she had ran for chancellor. The senator found herself taking a liking to Liin. She was easy to talk to; that was more to be said than most in suits.

"As for change, I do wish it was easier to find balance on what the Alliance thinks best for it's people and planets wishes. It is an eternal struggle. What Corellia needs, Jakku may not."

A sideways glance offered an arched brow.

"What say you, Representative Terallo? I'm sure a fresh face must question archaic processes. Want are your qualms as you break the scene?"

I listen intently as she tells me of her past and reasons for being here. Like so many she has lived a life with far more events within it than my own. It is not as though I wish for danger and high stakes to befall me. However being able to help serve New Cov on the Galactic scale is the adventure that I long for. Some might consider such a thing to be dull, but on the contrary it is a chess game where only the experts come out on top. Wars are started and ended by politicians; not by the soldiers that fight in them. There is a kind of power and responsibility in that which I cannot deny my attraction to.

I find it shocking that the changes she seeks in the governing system of the Alliance does not already exist. How can it be assumed that one system works for all? Sure there can be some basic laws to be shared. However not all economies are the same. Not all climates are the same. Not all species are the same. And then there are the Force practioners which complicate things even further.

Questions are directed to me now. I offer a small smile as I convey my own thoughts. "As a Representative I would want to be heard by others. New Cov is but a hidden jewel in an enormous cavern. I do not doubt that another superpower will lay claim to it. I only hope that such a claim does not lead to the oppression of my people and our industry. One of my tasks is to ensure that does not happen." The jungles of New Cov will help to protect the planet from any ground forces seeking to invade. But that may not always be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom