Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unveiling the Unseen

So it didn't hurt at present? Xeni's tilted her head then nodded in approval. Well, at least it wasn't forcefully painful. But she doubted that something so small in proportions would be blocking his Force from her vision. Yet, he hadn't said there were any other modicfications... Xeni contemplated asking for more information concerning that but decided against it. If he had not mentioned anything else, then she would not force it. Knowledge comes to you because you earned it. Extortion made it less satisfying.

Preacher did know that he was Force Dead though. Most people do not actively feel the connection unless you actually use the Force. So a human who sounded like he didn't use it before... Did he have himself cut from it? But why?

Another moment of scribbling on the pad.

'Were you always Force Dead? Does it feel any different than being connected? If you did cut yourself off, was it painful?'*
-------
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"] : Sorry, for small post. Finals.

The man paused momentarily as she began scribbling, and his head turned as she again turned it so he could read. He snorted. "I've always been this way. I know I'm Force Dead because people tell me I am. People try to use Force abilities on me, and it does nothin'. It's a peculiar sensation for Force users, to have their abilities do nothing."

Reaching up, he pulled down the collar of his shirt, showing a latticework of burn scars atop his torso. "Force Lightning." It was one of the few powers that had effect on him. "Been zapped more times than I'd care to admit." Sighing, he sat back, folding his hands on the tabletop.

"You're very interested in this, although I can't say I'm surprised. I'm a novelty to most."

Xeni tilted her head. She uses the Force, yes. But she wasn't an active user of it when it came to pushing it onto others. That seemed a bit rude. So perhaps people did feel peculiar when he didn't react. Though, she couldn't say much. She was equally as baffled when she couldn't see him. Perhaps implanting the wrym included him being cut off? She knew that the Yuuzhan were slowly cut off because of their violent nature. But was their technology also deemed invalid?

Rustle. She assumed that he was trying to show her something, so she just nodded her head as if she did. Sometimes people forget things while conversing, so it didn't bother her. Heck, even she herself did! Though, she didn't know where she was supposed to look so hopefully that didn't give it away. She hated making others feel awkward about her own disabilities. However, at times, some individuals should feel awkward due to their own ignorance. But not Preacher.

Her shoulders dropped in surprise when he mentioned being subjugated to Force Lightening. Then cringed. So either he fought a lot or he was tortured maliciously. She really hoped it the lesser of evils and that his job made him run into trouble.

"You're very interested in this, although I can't say I'm surprised. I'm a novelty to most." That made her freeze, her face paling. A small frown. She was doing it again. She was objectifying him and by the sounds of it, that's all people had done to him. By technicality, she knew the answer to her dilemma and refrained from asking about it any longer. If need be, she'll research it on her own. She bit her lip in thought before she scribbled once again on the datapad.

'May I possibly have a vague and obscure description of what you do?'*
-------
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"] :Bleeeeegh. Finals. Here. Have this.

It was, unbeknownst to her, a bit of both. He'd been tortured, but he'd also been thrown into it due to his line of duty. But that was a series of stories he'd rather not have gotten into. Still, she wasn't quite looking where he'd intended, and in that moment there was a fleeting sensation of embarrassment at having forgotten of her blindness of him.

That embarrassment was saved by the waitress returning with their food and promptly leaving once again. A faint scratching noise said she was writing yet again, and he chuckled.

"I kill people."

Well, that escalated quickly.

Well, either he could not read or he didn't have a very good vocabulary because Xeni could've sworn she had put down 'vague' and 'obscure'. Xeni looked in his general direction before looking at the pad then towards him again. That was oddly... blunt. Questions began to form. She opted for instead feeling for her utensils. Well, in truth, she could 'see' them, but that didn't mean her depth perception was not this best in this case. Quietly, she found the fork and began squishing down the bun of her Mong beef patty sandwich.

Kill? She put down the fork and picked up her flattened sandwich, taking an unladylike bite out of it. She wasn't a pacifist. Death and Life came and went. Even sometimes, war was necessary. Needless killing was sometimes (though rarely) justified in same way. But she never had the time to sit down and deal with the consequences of such actions. She did not fight unless provoked. Even then, she ran when it was clear. Thus, the feelings 'regret', 'guilt', 'coldness', 'bloodthirsty'. They all went over her head. Did Preacher feel any of these? Was he numb to it?
Holding her sandwich in one hand, she scribbled with the other, her cheeks resembling a chipmunk's.

'Have you ever been to Sekot?'*

She tried to resist it. Back to the Vong she went.
------
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Slowly, he too began to eat when she did, figuring she'd not have anything more to ask until she was finished. Things were, of course, not that simple - after all, she had a sandwich. That left her free to ask questions at her leisure while still eating. "Sekot? No, no I have not. Probably should, but I'm almost afraid of what I'll find there."

That was true. In some ways, he'd protected himself with ignorance of the planet and his apparent connection to it. Part of him was afraid of what would happen should he go, afraid of what information he'd find. Sometimes even without knowing the answer, you knew it would be unpleasant.

His gut told him that was true in this case. Slowly, he returned to eating, lost in his own thoughts.

She paused, putting down the pen and eating. He hadn't? Then how...? Xeni chewed, her head facing down. The Yuuzhan could rarely be found outside of Sekot nowadays. Had he encountered someone on luck? Did he want this? How have they changed? Or have they not? She frowned a little trying to discern possibilities from his answers. She had always dreamed of going to the living planet. But in actuality, she was frightened. What was she to expect? The Yuuzhan were monstrous people despite their technology, no? However, she desired to know. And know she will.

She shoved the rest of the sandwich down her throat before scribbling once again, more deliberately this time. She really hoped he'd agree or at least point her to a reliable person to go with considering her.... disability.

". . . Would you like to go?"*
----------------------
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"] : Sorry. Finally finished exams..

Slowly, steak only half eaten, he set his utensils down, staring holes in the table before him. To go... or not to go. Did he wish to risk it? Or did he not? To risk it was to find out about himself. About his past. To stay ignorant was to keep himself insulated from what was likely less than he'd care to know.

Clearly his throat, he inhaled slowly and then exhaled. "Well... not really. But I should, so we can take my ship."

Xeni tilted her head. If he didn't want to, why go? But every man to his own. Xeni was going for information, and that's all that really mattered concerning herself. Although, he insisted they take his ship. A small pout. Mind you, her ship is a little bit of a rust bucket, but it worked! It went from point A to point B no sweat. She sighed and gave in. No matter, she'd ride his ship. Just meant her little baby could take a small rest here while she went away. Then again, it was probably a good idea for her to take his ship. If it was better than her clunker, catching up to the ever moving planet would be drastically easier.

With a grin, she paid for her meal and stood up and offered her hand to him. This time he could lead. Maybe perhaps they won't end up in some run-down part of town when he led.
--------
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom