Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Untold Legends; Hand of Honour

"For all we know it could be..." Jack wracked his brain. "Something else. 70,000 credits, and not a decicred less. I've a ship to support, friend. Traipsing is time, and time is money, and money is what makes the world spin 'round, like a coin on a tabletop. Made of stars." He narrowed his eyes. "I had a point there, but it seems to have wandered off. Anyway. 70,000."

HK-36

H
@[member="Axiom Keirn"] @R. Brek Madak

The droid's gaze followed the pirate and Mandalorian as they exit the pub. He looked to the plaque once more and then to Axiom. Moving closer to the bartander, he motioned to Axiom to join him at the bar, he seemed to be the only other person there that was interested in the situation with those two gone. He placed few credits fished out from beneath the robes cladding the metal body and he looked to barman, asking in his stoic monotone.
"The Mandalorian and the Man in Amazing Hat, they were interestead in the plaque. Why?"

HK-36

H
@[member="Axiom Keirn"]
The droid turned to the Mandalorian in a stern, rigid posture beneath the robes and wraps that covered his metal body.
"You se-se-se-seemed interested in the plaque as I did. And the lack of ans-ans-ans-answers does not satisfy what queary I pose to the nature of that plaque. It did gat-gat-gather a small crowd. Would you not like to know why as well?"
The droid extended his hand to the Mandalorian then.
"If your answer is affirmative, I propose a partnership."
He paused for a moment then what to say to identify himself, searching through his memory banks, only few names passed through there.
"Call me 'Sammo'"

@[member="HK-36"]
Axiom shook his hand..."A partnership it is then. I'm Axiom...I'm thinking we find the two that have the plaque. Any ideas?"

HK-36

H
@[member="Axiom Keirn"]
HK looked to the door and shook his head
"They're long gone, but the plaque is still there."
He pointed to where the plaque was, focusing on the backwards Mandalorian letters.
"We just need to figure out what's written on here and where does it lead."
He looked back to Axiom
"Do you have a ship?"

@[member="HK-36"]
"At the moment I'm between ships." Axiom shook his head as he stepped toward the plate..."It says the path begins with the drunken dragon...the only dragon I can think of is a Krayt dragon..although I've never seen a drunk one before."

HK-36

H
@[member="Axiom Keirn"]
The droid looked around the place, looking for something that stood out, some sort of a clue, by then he also analyzed the plaque, taking holopics of it and reversing them he was able to read off the message. He came up closer to the plaque, feeling it, seeing how well it was planted on the wall, scanning it and feeling the letters to see if there was a hidden button or some sort of message behind them.
"It is highly probably that the meaning is not literal. Do you have a comlink on you? We should both get on the same channel and then split up. You can talk to the barkee-kee-kee-keeper while I'll look for a pilot we could hire. Deal?"
He looked back to the Mandalorian, offering his plan to him.
"Oh and pay attention to details here. This pub is old, there might be a hidden clue. "Drunken" and "Flagon" imply drinking and alcohol. This place is filled with both of them."

@[member="HK-36"]
Axiom hit a couple of keys on his gauntlet sending his com frequency to his new partner..."I'll take a look around, but I'm thinking it could be a bit more literal. Who would want to look into a Krayt Dragon's lair for treasure? Going to Tatooine might be a good start... just sayin."

HK-36

H
@[member="Axiom Keirn"]
The droid nodded as he received the frequency and turned to the door, saying through the comlink before he exit.
"Perhaps, but we would need a ship anyway. And the pub seems to be the only connection to the plaque we have for sure."
He made his way to the garbage behind the pub first, fishing out of it his old rifle and pistol, swinging the rifle over his shoulder and holstering the old pistol on his belt. He headed to the docks then, searching through each one by one to find anyone there who would take a job. If such person was still around there, or if @[member="Verz Horak"] and @[member="Jack Sparrow"] were still talking to each other in the docks by the time he got to their dock, or if he would saw them in some other room of the docks, he would try to get their attention, or of any pilot or captain around with a simple
"Greeting!"

Jack heard the digitized greeting from across the landing area where Verz' ship was parked. "Don't look now," he said to the Mando, "but I believe the hat rack wants to chat." Jack turned with a wide sweep of his arms and moved lightly in the direction of the droid. "Greeting to you, metal fellow. Something you need, or are you just being friendly as you stroll?" Jack noticed the weapons HK-36 carried, and allowed his hand to stray in the vicinity of his own blaster.

HK-36

H
@[member="Jack Sparrow"] @[member="Verz Horak"]
HK took a few stops before stopping at a safe distance and raising his hands to show them he was not holding anything in his palms, seeing Jack's hand go near his blaster.
"Easy, I do not seek a fight, he-here."
The droid studdered out the last word, it sounded like a record player skipping each time he stuttered, he reached to his shoulder then, shrugging off the strap that held his rifle onto his back, letting the weapon fall down onto the ground.
"Your hat."
He motioned to the triangular headware on Jack's head as he reached to bandages covering his face, pulling them down to show fully the rusted rectangular head.
"I would recognice such a decoration anywhere. Seems we have interest in the same object. The plaque. And the message behind it."
He wasn't moving but he was watching them carefully, waiting to dodge any attacks and get away or get to safety.
"I do not seek money or reward, but I do seek adventure and a ship to get me away from here and to other planet."
His neck twitched slightly, his head tilted and he tried to move it back into vertical positon but he could not until he reached to it with his hands and snapped it back in place, moving them back to their position in the air.
"I do think you could use my skills however, I command many written and spoken languages, much of them even older than the plaque and legend you are chasing. Many of them not used anymore."

After finding out nothing from the barkeep, Axiom decided to leave.. his so-called partner went toward the docks, so that's where he went... Let's see if he found us a ship... As he got closer he saw the HK talking to the Mandalorian and pirate that were in the cantina earlier.. Might as well introduce myself.
He approached with his hands away from his weapons...

Rebekka Brek Madak

Paradoxical Bucket Full of Crazy!
the other mandalorian and the robot got the same tale out of the old bartender that the mandalorian and the pirate did, before he shuffled off to go yell at the table-muncher ..... Again, before having a trio of security droids come in and literally throw him out the front window face first. The old man followed the trio only to deliver a parting comment "if yer gonna take to eating nice wooden tables older then your pappy will ever be, it won't be here ya chud-ball."

Little did either duo know that there was a lesser known instance of 'dragons'; the rept-avian Varactyl of utapau. which lead would they follow... the obvious one, or the clever one ?

"Ancient dead languages?" said Jack, interested. "And no interest in a percentage of the booty? Well, that is interesting. Come with me, my new metal friend." Jack did an abrupt about-face, arms outstretched and loose, and walked back to his other new friend, @[member="Verz Horak"]. "Verz, Droid. Droid, Verz. Droid, you'll let me know if you have another designation you'd rather be known by, otherwise I believe I shall call you..." He squinted and pointed at the droid, "Timer. Verz, Timer here wants to come with us. Craves adventure, he does, and, and this is important, wants no share in the take. And can speak many ancient languages, or so he says." Jack smiled at the droid. "Am I missing anything?"

HK-36

H
@[member="Jack Sparrow"] @[member="Verz Horak"]
The droid nodded to Jack and gave a wave to Verz.
"Hello, I am also a sniper, and designation Timer sounds just fine for this quest."
The droid turned around, hearing footsteps, he was ready to pull a pistol on whoever was approaching but he saw it was just @[member="Axiom Keirn"]
"Axiom."
He turned back to face Jack and Verz
"That is my companion, Axiom, we met in the bar after you two left, he was also interested in the plaque. He shares my interest in this adventure. I told him I was going to docks to find a pilot and a vessel for us, that is how he found me here, and you, by extension."
The droid's attention went back to Axiom
"Has the bartender told you anything new?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom