Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Untold Legends; Hand of Honour

Rebekka Brek Madak

Paradoxical Bucket Full of Crazy!
In a bar on Corellia, there was a very pretty painted metal plate on the wall, with an as yet untranslated language inscribed with gold around its rim. (Mando'a, written backwards.)

By the hand of honour, an army shall arise.
in time of great need, to avoid certain demise.
the path begins with a drunken dragon, and an ancient flagon.
spin the wheels, and if wise, the path will be revealed.
spin the wheels, and if bold, the reward of glory is untold.
alas, there is no word for hero, only the insult of coward.
alas, those who seek the ring, are able-most to tower.

When asked, the bartender would tell a 400 year old tale of a time when the place was going broke, and that a blade-dancer helped to bring it out of destitution and repossession. Since then, it has been a family business, and the warrioress-stripper gave the great-great-grandfather a gold plate, saying that had a magic spell on it..... And then disappeared.

Verz was on Corellia looking for merc work. He had found none so far, however. So he decided to stop in the small bar, mostly because it reminded him of one from home. He walked in, sat down and called for the barkeeper. He did notice the metal plate,and something about the writing seemed familiar, but he couldn't place it. When the barkeep came over to him, he decided to ask about the plate. "So, what's the story with the carving there?"

Rebekka Brek Madak

(note; im acting not as brek, but as the DM for this more classically flavored adventure.)

Rooster1.jpg

The old barkeep glanced over at the plate on the wall, and smiled. "That, is a some-odd hundred year old family heirloom. My great-great-granddaddy owned this bar in the clone wars, and after the first empire after that fell, it was some hard times all around. This place wouldn't still be here were it not for some mysterious blade-dancer woman who would come in here every saturday night back then, throw cash at the music box, and dance all around here makin' all the men riled up."

He then took out a rag and shined the dust off of it, making the gold rim glitter, and revealing a slightly brighter hexagon in its center. "Before she left one day, she brought in this here metal wall plate, and said it had a magic spell on it, that someone years from then would need to use. I guess the joke is on her, cause its been just about athousand years or so since then."

He then went over to the other end of the bar and yelled at some slag of a short alien who was apparently eating the table, before manning the cash machines and other barkeeper stuff.

Verz listened, all the time looking at the plate. Something about tose glyphs looked familiar and it was on the tip of his tongue! But he still couldn't place his finger on it. So he ordered a drink, thinking about the plate the whole time. He finished it, then called over the barkeep once more.
"Thats an interesting story. Mind if I take a closer look?"

Rebekka Brek Madak

The old man just stared at him with his one good eye for abit "Just don't steal it." he finally said, smiling as if there was an imminent punchline to some hidden joke.

There was, in keeping with the low-tech decorum of the place, wall mounted mirrors mounted in antiqued brass, off-set by all the various woods and stoneworks of the place.

Verz approached the metal plate with curiosity. The plate was covered in glyphs, some looking almost Mandalorian in origin. He holopics of the plate, when a glare from behind him caught his attention, albiet momentarily. He turned, looking for the source of the glare. It was a mirror mounted on the wall, that almost showed the whole metal plate in front of him. Looking at the mirror, he saw that the 'almoat Mando'a glyphs' were actually Mando'a, just carved backwards! He took the holopics, and reversed them. Sure enough, the glyphs spelled out a poem!

Verz felt his heart race as he read the poem. It spoke of an army in a time of need, which seemed to describe the Mandalorians now. The Sith seemed about to attack, and the government was still transitioning to Alliera. It also seemed to speak of Mando'a itself, as in his native tongue, there was indeed no word for heroes, only cowards. This treasure, or cache or whatever it was seemed to be just what the medic ordered for Mandalore. And if he found it, he would surely be promoted, and become a legend in Mando lore for generations to come!

"Well that's something," said Jack, peering over the Mandalorian's shoulder. "I've no idea what, of course." He sniffed loudly, before asking, "You wouldn't happen to know why I'm on Corellia, would you?" If Verz looks at the man speaking, he'll see what is probably a very sincere look of confusion on his tricorne-hat-headed face.

Rebekka Brek Madak

((judging by captain jack sparrows empty bottle of lum, and equally empty pockets, the space pirate was likely on corellia, looking to either woo floozies (AND GET SLAPPED LATER ON) :p .....or dredge up an adventure, which likely leads to treasure. ))

"I'm sorry friend. I don't know why you are here. But, if you help me out, I'll pay you for your troubles. And if you committed any crimes against Mandalore,or need a place to lie low from foes, I'll vouch for you. What do you say?"

"Payment and vouching? Well, how can an honest man say no?" asked Jack. "Don't expect me to answer that, by the way, as I've no idea at all how an honest man would answer. Captain Jack Sparrow, at your service." He held out a hand, palm down. "And what name should I give to the man behind the helmet? If you are a man, that is. I'm not one to pre-judge. Barman!" he called aloud. "A pair of lums for the two men, probably, who are here to solve the riddle of the shiny plate!"

Verz removed his helmet, showing his new friend his face, which was adorned with several scars. He smiled at Jack's generosity. "My name would be Verz, of Clan Horak. And it is a pleasure to meet you." With that, Verz shook the Captain's hand, and sat down next to him at the bar as the drinks arrived.

"So," said Jack in a friendly tone, "Do you know what the shiny plate says? I'm assuming it's a clue to an actual treasure of some kind, or you wouldn't be offering to pay me and my crew to accompany you." He looked at the plate again. "Hopefully it's more of a 'here there be treasure' sort of plate and less of a 'thou shalt dare not awaken the sleeper' sort of plate. Those always end badly, with lots of running away."

Verz chuckled at Jack's comment. "Yes, I can read it, but I don't think it would be safe to discuss it further here. Some people might either want whatever the plate refers to for themselves, or for thier employers. Meet me at my ship." ​​Verz grabbed a piece of flimsi and wrote down the dock number for his ship, which was dock 42.

Axiom sat in the corner of the Cantina watching the Mandalorian and Pirate exchange something...Must be about the plate he thought. He motioned the barkeep over to him, "If I may ask, what were those two talking about?" As he spoke he slid a few cred chips over to him...

HK-36

H
The droid watched the scene as well from yet another dark corner. He had one of his self-crafted "disguises" on- the old tattered robes he probably stole from somebody's backyard and scrap metal breastplate over the robes, with a symbol of Mandalorians on one side of the chest and what looked like a cog on the other, both crudely etched in. Most of his body was covered in bandages and ripped clothing strips to conceal the metal body beneath, only his photosensors glowed red-orange from beneath the disguise.

Already taking interest in the Mandalorian and seeing now Jack joining him by the plaque he stood up himself, walking over quietly to watch the plaque and then turn to @[member="Jack Sparrow"] and @[member="Verz Horak"] , droid's head tilting slightly.

Verz watched as @[member="Jack Sparrow"] approached the dock with his ship. He looked around, making sure nobody else was around. Then he walked up to Jack. "Good. Nobody followed you. Lets talk onboard my ship." Once onboard, Verz told Jack what the Mando'a said, and how he believed that it was pointing to a Mandalorian's hoard, or possibly a powerful artifact.

"Hoards and artifacts. Two of my favorite things," said Jack. "But tell me Verz, what's in it for me? I mean, I'm not Mandalorian. I'm fairly certain I'm not, anyway." He waved a hand dismissively. "No, I'd know if it I were, after that whole affair where I had to wear that dead man's armor. I smelled like beskar and lubricant for a week, but it turned out he wasn't my real father after all. Nice wrist rocket, though." Jack sniffed, coming back to the topic at hand. "Anyway. I know a thing or two about Mandos is what I'm driving at, and I know how much you value your history. So let's say it's a hoard or an artifact. How to I stand to make this adventure mutually beneficial?"

"Alright. If the object is only valuable monetarily, then we will split the profit 60-40. If it is militarily valuable, then it belongs to Mandalore. If that happens, I'll pay you 20,000 credits. Does that sound fair my friend?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom