Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Until the Rum is Gone: Farewell to Jack Sparrow

:: Kashyyyk :
:: Sunset ::

Jack Sparrow stood at the long, Kashyyyk-wood bar at the eastern-most wall of the Great Hall. It was here that the formal gatherings were held on Kashyyyk. It was where Jack's first party as newly-elected Senator of Kashyyyk has been held, and it seemed only fitting that it be the place where his farewell from politics would take place as well.

Dewkazza, Jack's First Mate aboard the Black Pearl, growled a question.

"Yes, I'm sure, Dewey," replied Jack with a small smile. "I know I could likely still get me name on the ballot for a second term. Might even be that I'd win re-election. But I don't wish to. I've done what I came t'do. Tide's turning. Time to move along."

The retiring Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic clapped his hands together. "All right, you lot. Open those doors and let the masses in. If I'm still dressed by the end of this night, you've all done a terrible job."

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

The silver streak of her starship touched down upon the jungle grounds of Kashyyyk, near the Great Hall. Out stepped Zheng-Mei of the Mingzhi Dynasty, Princess of the Jin. While her people were but younglings to the rest of Galactic society, she felt the need to give proper send off to the Supreme Chancellor that so greatly treated her people when she introduced themselves to the Galaxy. She stood dressed in a different set of clothing than she normally wore. Rather than the polished durasteel armor she was known for, she instead donned a silken red dress. At her hip was her wanghou-jian, the royal ethereal blade (lightsaber) of her people. She never left anywhere without it.

As she walked through the doors of the Great Hall, she walked up to the retiring politician. She placed her fist into other hand's open palm, and bowed. "Greetings, Supreme Chancellor Sparrow." She said with a noble, but accented Basic, "I firstly want to say thank you for being so warm to the greeting of my people. The Republic, and by extension you, have treated us well. We shall not forget this, and I am particularly saddened to see you go."

Jack bowed at the waist, taking [member="Zheng-Mei"]'s right hand in his own and kissing the back of it formally. "Princess," he smiled, rising. "I'm gratified to hear that. The Jin showed no fear in establishing relations with the Republic when many others were fleeing in terror from its anticipated fall, and for that I am equally grateful." Taking her arm, he led her towards the open bar. "May I offer you some refreshment? How is your father, the Emperor?"

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

"Yes. Some refreshment sounds lovely." She said, following him to the open bar. Her face frowned somewhat at the mention of her father. "It is a bittersweet notion with that. With all the new discovery the Jin have made since becoming known in the Galaxy, there is still heavy costs. One of which is some of our return trips to Tiantang brought a foreign virus to our planet. My father is currently fighting off the sickness. His chance of survival is....questionable at the moment. Who knows? You might be staring at the future Empress."

Jack arched an eyebrow. "Really?" he said. "Have you a need for a husband, or at least a consort? I know a man, you see. Between engagements at the moment. Experience with politics, good with a sword, that sort of thing." He patted [member="Zheng-Mei"]'s hand as the bartender took her order and smiled. "Hopefully the future is a long way off, Princess. Have you checked with Ithor? The Ithorians have some rather remarkable healing techniques. And I understand the Jedi have some magic that works in that field as well. I could do some investigating now that I've made a sort of a peace between the Order and the Republic, see what I can find, if you'd like."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom